^^^ cLEAN-eating Thursday ^^^

Today should be a good day. (It helps that the scale went down a pound!)

After a few chores we're going swimming at my in-laws. Picnic lunch, swim some more. It's going to be 90 and muggy - perfect for swimming! My sisters are meeting us there too.

b - kashi, banana
l - turkey sandwich, fruit, crackers
d - maybe grilled chicken and something else???
No clue on snacks.
WO - not sure either. Maybe just the swimming but I really want to lift. I've been so darned tired lately and by the evening my belly aches and I need to get off my feet. Oh, pregnancy!:)

What's everybody up to today?

G'Morning

Enjoy your swimming and I wish that I could come Kate.

My w/o today was Amy In the Ring 2nd half.

I rented from blockbusters Workout the new Jackie Warner DVD so I would let you ladies know if this is a real Adv w/o. It looks like 3 20 min circuits, so I'll see if it's worth $15.

b-yogurt
s-nuts or pretzels
l-crab salad with side salad
:9
d-??

Katie what does Collin say about his dad?

Good morning ladies! Sleep head is right, at least in my case.

Collin woke up in the middle of the night, and kept me up for awhile. We are both exhausted, so I am keeping him home from school today. It will probably be good for me too, since I seem to have strained my anterior deltoid (see thread in OD "shoulder pain"). Hopefully I can have a productive day at home.

W/O was 30 minute walk/jog around the neighborhood, I am drenched in sweat. I am NOT a runner, but it felt good and natural this morning.

No clue on food, we'll see...

Morning clean peeps

Sorry i didnt get a chance to post last night, i had the trainer, got home really late and had a ton of crap to get to.

Kate, nice menu,and good for you with last nights dinner! I dont know how you could avoid mozzerella sticks :) Swimming is a great wo. Maybe try a shorter lift DVD, i think MM upper body is 45 min.

Robin, i'd like to know what your smiley face snack is :) Let us know about the wo, we dont have exercise rental places in Canada. But we are getting the Iphone in July! Wow, we are really moving fast around here.

Katie, sorry about Colin, a lot has gone on for him in the last month, he's probably adjusting a bit too. Shelley is the running expert, i'm sure it was nice to mix things up though.

Shelley, hope all went well in Brantford yesterday. Thinking about ya last night.

Hi to Jenn, Colleen and Shirl!

Last night i had my second last session with my trainer before he moves back to Germany. Mix of kettlebell training and HIIT on the TM. I'm going to miss him terribly.
Today, i'm thinking MM
Menu
B: egg whites/oats
s: cc concoction
l: tofu noodle soup, celery, hummus, apple
s: cc concoction
d: stir fry, lentils, tomato, yogurt
Have a great day all,
Steph

Robin, Hope you like the new workout. I'm still waiting for SZone to come. Today maybe?

Katie, A morning walk sounds wonderful. Enjoy your day off with Collin. Sorry about the shoulder - I hurt mine a while back - no fun!

Steph, Glad you're able to continue with Arnold. Sorry he's leaving though. Teaching today?

--------
Breakfast is done and cc cookies are in the oven for the pool later. Wish me luck (or at least portion-control)! I wanted to eat some dough *so bad* - but bad for baby. Thanks, Baby!

ETA Shelley, how did your sis do y'day?

Good morning ladies,

Kate enjoy the pool and the picnic. Sounds like fun.

Robin do you have a recipe for the crab salad that you can share?

Katie hope Collin feels better. Maybe he needs a mommy/son day?
:) Hope your shoulder feels better.

Shelley (((HUGS))) hope your sisters surgery went well.

Hi Steph, Shirl and Colleen.

Today I'm doing 4DS KB and legs. Tonight I have Birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese so dinner will not be clean or tidy.

menu:
b-scrambled egg, light english muffin, oj
l- protien shake
d- pizza and birthday cake
snacks I'm going to try not to have any unless I'm really hungry since dinner will be calorie heavy.

Jenn

Here is how I make crab salad (I use light salad dressing instead of mayo)

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=549992

Ingredients

1/2 cup crab meat or artificial crab meat
2 cups shredded peeled parsnip
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise (or light salad dressing like ranch)
2 tablespoons minced fresh onion
2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained (I use relish instead)

Preparation
Combine all ingredients, tossing well.
Yield
4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)

Nutritional Information
CALORIES 86(21% from fat); FAT 1.6g (sat 0.3g,mono 0.8g,poly 0.2g); IRON 1.2mg; CHOLESTEROL 2mg; CALCIUM 48mg; CARBOHYDRATE 17.4g; SODIUM 277mg; PROTEIN 1.5g; FIBER 4.6g

Jenn, I love that WO! Have fun at Chuck's tonight. Do they have salad there? I haven't been there in YEARS. We should take DDs - they would have a blast and ours just got remodeled. It was kinda dirty before. I hope it's better now.

Robin, Thanks for posting the recipe! If I ate crab, olives, or pimento I'm sure I would love it!:p

off for the pool!!!!

Good Morning Clean & Tidy Peeps!

Crazy morning. I scheduled an electrician to come out and fix our attic fan. DH was going to take care of it however, he got in the shower just before 8 when the electrician was scheduled to arrive. So I had to take care of it until he finished his shower. Then I was late for work and I am still trying to get caught up.

Kate, The pool sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I could join you.
Robin, thanks for the recipe. Let us know how the workout is.
Katie, hope you enjoy your mommy & son day.
Jenn, haven't been to Chuck E. Cheese's in a long time. Hope you can keep it clean tonight.
Steph, you are brave to try MM after your kettlebell workout.

Hi Shirl!

w/o was PUB
b: shredded wheat w/ almonds
s: mixed nuts
l: taco salad, watermelon
s: strawberries & yogurt, celery, cheesestick
d: tbd

Have a great day everyone! It is almost Friday :)

Colleen

Morning all~

My sister made it through her surgery, and there were no surprises. They got everything and it's gone to pathology, so we'll get results early next week. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

Kate - sounds like you have a nice day ahead! Enjoy the pool! And you're not supposed to be LOSING weight, silly!

Robin - your crab salad sounds awesome. Thanks for the recipe. I wish we could rent workouts to try here.

Katie - I'm sure Collin needs some mommy time. I bet the last little while has been a whirlwind for him too. How old is he? Sorry to hear that his dad is back and stirring things up. I love it when my runs feel natural.

Steph - thanks for thinking of me last night! Talk to me about kettlebells. I feel the pull, since everyone is raving about them.

Jenn - Chuck E. Cheese! Yikes! Well, try to enjoy:p

Menu for today:

B - the usual
S - my apple was icky, so I'm having a Luna Bar
L - not sure, maybe salad
S - cottage cheese and berries
D - tbd

I was supposed to get up and run today, but I just didn't have it in me.

HI all,

My workout is done and the last load of laundry is in. I figured out my calories on sparkpeople if I pass on the cake I come in at 1800 calories.

Shelley I'm glad the surgery went well with no surprises.

Robin thanks for the recipe sounds yummy.

Colleen hope you can get up at work.

Jenn

Good Afternoon!

Shelley, Happy to hear there weren't any surprises. Your sister will continue to be in my prayers. Maybe you need to rest or go for a run/walk later. You had an emotional day yesterday.

Kate, Ditto what Shelley said.

Robin, I checked out Jackie's workouts on Exercise on Demand - the core one looks pretty good. I just watched while I was folding clothes and cleaning. Let us know what you think.

Katie, I hope you made an appt. for your shoulder. I injured my shoulder 3 years ago and waited too long.(I thought I was being a baby) Long story short - I had to have surgery. The damage was extensive. I had to start all over with no guarantees. It took me over a year to be able to a full push-up - but I can do it. I don't think I'll ever be back to where I was prior to surgery but that's ok. Don't wait! (((HUGS))) You and Collin do not need any daddy drama.

Steph, Maybe your trainer will provide some workouts for you that you can do on your own. How do you like kettlebells? I love them!

Jenn, Hope you have fun at the party and I'm sending you portion control vibes!

Colleen, Happy to hear work will slow down for a bit for you. How do you like Strike Zone? I want to order Hi/lo med ball - it sounds good.

Workout - The Kettlebell Way and I teach Turbo shortly

Menu
b-protein shake and banana
s-ezekiel toast & nat.pb
l-LARGE salad w/slivered almonds & 1 egg
s-banana bread larabar - yummy
d-out to eat - I know I will choose something tidy

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Afternoon peeps

Colleen, nice menu! The strawberries are sooo great right now. Glad you're taking it a bit easier.

Jenn, i've never been there, but good for you for planning to enjoy it! I love 4D!

Shirl, i've been eyeballing the kettlebell way, i dont own any though. Shelley, Shirl teaches and is more of a kettlebell expert than i am. I love them though, really gets the HR up.

I've just finished lunch and its almost the end of the day!
Steph

Colleen, Hope the rest of your day went smoother! Your lunch is quite possible my most fave meal of all time.

Shelley, Glad sis made it thru okay. What an awful disease. Any family hostory? There is on my FIL's side. DH had to start getting colonoscopies at 30. Next one will be at 40, tho I'd like him to do it at 35. Doubt I'll get my way.

Shelley & Shirl, I know I'm not losing fat - just need to lower carbs a bit to shed some water. Thanks for the concern. Total weight gain is 11 pounds. Not too bad, tho I wish it were better.

Jenn, Good luck with cake resistance!! I can't do it!

Shirl, Nice day! I've never seen that kind of larabar but it sounds delish! I always get cashew cookie...mmmm

Steph, How's your day?

------------

Swimming was great. I got a little color. I am so pasty white it's crazy. Now I just look normal.:+
Cookie control has been pretty good! If I resist for the rest of the day I'll be fine.
MIL offered to make dinner for us - very nice! She's making spaghetti. DDs will be happy.

I just finished Bar Fat Free. I was more sore from it the other day than I expected it to be. I got DDs down for a late nap and snuck this one in. I was really tempted to take a nap but I wasn't sure if I would feel up to a WO later or not. THis one is nice and quiet and I can do it up here while they are sleeping. I hope to have some energy for MMpushPull tonight maybe.

Have a good evening....bbl

Well the rest of the day got better and I was able to leave at a normal time. DH and I went to outback for dinner. I had the tilapia with a sweet potato. Yum!

Shelley - glad to hear the surgery went well. Hope the pathology report comes back with good news.
Kate - good job on the cookie control. That's always a challenge for me.
Shirl - the kettlebell workout sounds good. Maybe I will try it after STS.

Have a good night everyone!

Colleen

Good evening clean-eating peeps! Where ARE my peeps at?!

Nice dinner. Feeling good about my food choices today. I just need to stay out of the kitchen for the rest of the night!!!!

Colleen, I love Outback. Pretty easy to keep clean there.

Katie, How is your shoulder? Did you and Collin have a nice day together?

Hey ladies, sorry for the late check in.

My day with Collin was awesome -- we went out to breakfast, then ran some errands, then sat at home and read books until nap time. Reminds me of my at-home mom days. His behavior was very good all day.

Chris is pissing me off. I made dinner, and then tried to get the house cleaned up and get stuff ready for our weekend away, but then Chris invited about 9 people over to the house and he is sitting in the back yard drinking beer. I am NOT happy. I will just go on about my laundry, then go to bed without him.

See you in the am!

Aw, Katie! Glad you guys had a nice day together. sounds like you BOTH needed it! Where are you guys headed off to this weekend? Have fun! Sorry for *D*H behavior!!

ME WANT COOKIE!!!! I did CS to do something, need to work on work stuff now. Must.Resist.Cookies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.