^^^^KETTLEbell >>>>Wednesday^^^^

Farmer

Cathlete
Hi everbody! Where are you?

I did Drill Max Cardio Blast this morning. I subbed swings for that skipping and hopping segment. Hope everyone has a great day!

I'm here. I had trouble logging on this morning. I thought work had blocked me for some reason. :mad:

The Down-N-Dirty workout was fun. I think next time I'm going to add an extra round or another exercise. I also subbed the pull ups for squats because it was raining. I did everything else under my carport.

Today is a running day so I'm hoping to get in 3 miles tonight. I have a 8K race on Monday. If it rains, I'm either doing the Ultra Cardio Premix from Drill Max (Farmer-I like your idea of doing swings rather the skipping and hopping drill - that is my least favorite drill) or HSC.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

I wasn't able to get on this morning, either. :confused:

I am taking a rest today; every single muscle in my body is SORE, and a rest is scheduled for today anyways (thankfully!).

Rhonda, DM is my absolute favorite Cathe DVD ever! I have got to pull that out again sometime soon.

Jane, good luck with the 8k!

Gayle, Marcy, Andilynn, Deanie, and everyone else - HELLO!!! Hope you have a great day - the weather is beautiful here and all the windows are open. :D

Missy

Good Afternoon!

First time logging on today and I had no problem. Woke up late due to taking an allergy pill, so I did the following:

30 minute Power Squeeze from Original Squeeze Workout - not enough of an arm workout (only 16 pushups and also pulsing in down position and tricep dips with kicks so I did 3 pullups and 5&3/4 chinups (a new record on the chins!)

I did a sprint of .2 miles and walked .6 miles. I know the sprint doesn't sound like much but I'm trying to work my way up and do some HIIT with running.

Rhonda - Good idea inserting swings for Drill 5! That drill doesn't do enough for me either.

Missy - Enjoy your rest day!

Waves to Andilynn, Deanie and Gayle!

Marcy

Hi everyone!

I think the Cathenation.com site was down most of the morning.

Last night I pulled out my Keith Weber DVD and did the Man Maker, Leg Burner, Swings, and Core/cooldown. I was seriously sweating from that!

Tonight is a gym night. I think I'm going try the May 15 WOD from Crossfit 603. http://www.crossfit603.com/2009/05/channeling-full-circle/

It'll be a chance to work some lifts that I don't use too often.

Marcy - A .2 mile sprint is a darn good sprint! You shoulda seen my .06 mile sprints last weekend....ack!

Missy - Enjoy your rest.

Jane - Have a great run!

Rhonda - Cool substitution for DM!

Waves hello to Deanie and Andilynn!

Hi everyone! No workout for me today, it's a rest day (sort of) I'm spring cleaning my kitchen today so that should keep me busy most of the am:( but I'm sure I'll be happy when I'm finished! I have to agree with you guys, Drill Max is the bomb, the premixes are great too! I love it as a whole but really enjoy using it as a cardio workout!

Waves to all!:)

Good Afternoon!

I logged in this morning at 6:30 and posted to my blog. By the time I could get back to the computer after the kids were off to school, I couldn't log on again!

Anywhoo, here's my workout for today:
(I am really happy with it!)

DIVA:
intermediate level (30 seconds rest)
7 rounds/ 3 exercises a round/ 1 min. each exercise

rocked the workout:cool:

not listing all the exercises.....
swing: 45# 2 handed
2 hands anyhow: used 2 20#kb!!! finally got this!:)
squat triple crush: was able to go into a real AOS squat!!!!!!!!:) tush to the ground
suitcase deadlift: 45#kb
Iron cross: still need to work on, used 12#dbs
figure 8 to a hold: 30# up from last week
snatch: 60 seconds per side: 30#kb:) ended up doing 18 snatches per side!!! whoo hoo. no gloves, no blisters, no banged forearms!

tabata:
jumprope: did between 43-45 jumps per 20 seconds
used regular jump rope

practiced double unders: did 1 in 5ish minutes! as soon as I did it I got tangled up!!LOL

note: the figure 8 to a hold felt good with the 30#, could be one of the exercises, like the swing, that a heavier weight helps the form????

================================

I watched LOST the other day and all I can say is....O.M.G.!!!! So many questions!!! and now we have to wait till 2010!! ugh!

Gayle::: I have the keith weber dvd, but I never use it, for some reason it doesn't appeal to me.... maybe the fact he's in the sand and the quality? I like the workout you are doing today. What is a BS?

Andilynn/Missy::: enjoy your rest day

Marcy::: Good job with the running!

Rhonda::: I like subbing the swings for a drill in DM. I like drill 5 (always feel like a kid doing that one) but I hate drill 3! WTG with the lost inches.

Jane::: I liked your Down and Dirty workout! glad you had fun. Enjoy your run today!

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Deanie - Great job on the squat/triple crush! Yoga helps me with the low squats.

Gayle - At least you got up to .6 sprints! Good job! Last week I think I only lasted about 10 strides and then had to start walking.

Andilynn - Love the Timesaver Premix on Drill Max! I hope you have time to enjoy your rest day after your spring cleaning!

Marcy

Gayle- Have a good workout tonight.

Jane- Glad you enjoyed Down and Dirty. I can't imagine doing the Ultra Cardio Blast. One day though. You are my shero!

Missy- Enjoy your day of rest.

Marcy- Where do you sprint? Around the neighborhood? A track? Way to go on your chinups!

Andilynn- Congrats on your A's! Enjoy cleaning up.

Deanie- Thanks! Way to go on dropping your booty to the ground and the snatches.

Farmer - Thanks! I just run around my subdivision which is a circle but the good thing is is that it's level, uphill and downhill.

Marcy

Is it bad that I am using this day to do nothing... I mean literally nothing? Well, I did fold and put away two loads of laundry, but that's it. I AM enjoying this rest day! It's a real rest, I love it! :p

Deanie, awesome job rockin' the Diva workout. You know what I think is funny? That you did the "intermediate" workout, but intermediate for AoS is translated to "kick your butt and make you cry for Mom" for anyone in the fitness world who hasn't ever done one of these workouts... I know I was crying for someone to pick me up off the floor the first time I did anything... and I used weenie weights. Now that you have seen Lost - OH MY GOSH!!! All I could think at the end of the show was CRAP, WE HAVE TO WAIT!!! and Well, shoot. They just ruined Rose and Bernard's retirement. I thought that the whole love triangle/misery/this must end so I didn't know what I would lose part was so lame, but... who is that guy in Lock's body??? and why couldn't he kill Jacob? WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!?! We think that he may be the smoke (he impersonated Ben's daughter and told her to listen to Lock) and he is a judge of some sort, that maybe they are some sort of god or force... I really can't wait till next year. :mad: Gayle, you must weigh in, too.

Marcy, great job on the sprint! Sorry to hear about allergies, I know a lot of people who are suffering right now with them. I hope that whatever's in the air that's aggrevating yours passes quickly. :)

Gayle, what are BS, OHS, and KTE?

Andilynn, enjoy your rest. :)

Rhonda, from yesterday's post: I feel the same as you about reading these guys' workouts. It really challenges me and pushes me, and I am learning things I have never heard of before. Good stuff!

I have to go... my rats are literally all over me. Hurley keeps alternately chewing on my laptop cord and running up to get in my face - I mean IN my face - for some reason (he's probably just wants me to pet him, the brat) and Charlie is using me as a jungle gym, it's sorta distracting.

I am planning a great workout tomorrow (SIM and some sort of conditioning, haven't decided which yet), I just hope I live through it to be able to tell you guys about it. :p

Have a great evening,
Missy

LOST....

Missy::: that's the first thing my DH and I said too... We can't believe we have to wait till 2010 to find out what's going on. I didn't like that Juliette died (I liked her and Sawyer) and what is up with this Jacob guy. He saves kate, and Sayid, and helps out/meets everyone else. Why does he meet all of them and what is the connection? I think the guy talking to Jacob in the beginning is the guy impersonating Locke and the loophole is he can't kill Jacob but he can have someone else kill him. I think somehow he orchestrated the whole plane crash so he could kill him?? is it Whitmore???:confused: I like your theory about him being the smoke. Is the fact that they set off the H bomb good or bad? What is the deal with the numbers (Hurley's lottery #s) and I still don't understand the significance of Christian and Clare being in Jacobs cabin - are they dead or what? I'd love to know Jacobs story, he must be 100's of years old and Richard- he never ages and according to him its because of Jacob. Also, I like Desmond and Penny, and if the plane never crashes, what happens to them? I guess Desmond is back on the Island... and who told Locke he has to go back? Whitmore right? what is his deal in all this?....arggg!! can't believe we have to wait till next year!:mad:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.