^^^^KETTLEbELL THURsDAY^^^

Farmer

Cathlete
Hi everyone!

My sinuses are misbehaving so yesterday was a stretch day. I feel better today but not 100% so I did 2 segments of Classical Stretch. Eating is going fine. I did a 23 hour fast yesterday. It wasn't difficult because I wasn't feeling well. I am down 3 pounds.

Jane- So sorry about your dad. Sending big hugs and prayers your way.

Deanie, Gayle and Marcy- Great workouts yesterday.

Waves to Andilynn and Jane.

Rhonda

Last edited:
Good Morning Rhonda and all who come after

Today was a variety day I did the Diva Workout from AOS.

DIVA workout::: intermediate level - 30 seconds rest between rounds
HARD!!
all exercises 25#kb unless noted
swings - 35#kb
2 hands anyhow= hard!! started with the 25#kb and 10#db, switched to a 20#kb, still couldn't get up out of the squat position. I was able to get down really low in the squat!
Iron cross - started with 15#db, dropped to 10#:mad:
suitcase deadlift and H2H sumo - 35#kb

Added from Newport
* 3 min. grind ::snatch/tgu/windmill - 25#kb
* 5 minute snatches ::: the diva workout called for one min of snatches per side, so for the snatches in Newport, I did:::
* first minute right hand snatches only
*2nd minute left hand snatches only,
*3rd min. right only,
*4th min. left only
*5th minute did 10 right, 12 left.
**for the snatches I used the 20#kb

I really like this workout!!

Jane::: sending ((((HUGS)))) to you and your family. I'm glad you are there for your mom.

waves to everyone!!
BBL

Have a great day everyone!!

Good morning!

Rhonda - Glad the eating is going well. I hope your sinuses get better. Allergies?

Deanie - Great workout! The Diva workout sounds interesting.

Marcy - You're still kickin' pull-up butt! (did that sentence make sense?)

Waves hello to Jane and Andilynn.

So I tried a workout last night that kinda screwed with my brain a little. It's a WOD from CrossFit 603. http://www.crossfit603.com/2009/04/death-by/

"Death by Kettlebell Swing"
16kg KB
Grab the Gymboss and set it to continuous 1 minute intervals.

• Do 1 swing in minute 1, 2 swings in minute 2, 3 swings in minute 3...you get the idea.
  • Continue until you can no longer do the number of swings required in the minute allowed.
Score: 31 minutes + 20 swings (516 total swings)

I honestly spent the down time in minutes 1-10 dancing around to the stereo. The last 10 minutes were brutal. My hip snap suddenly and totally broke down at 25 minutes, and my forearms were on fire. This was tough by the end. I expounded on it more in my blog.

I'm planning to take tomorrow off and work in the yard, so I'm taking it easy tonight. Maybe practice my jump roping and do a little yoga.

Have a good day everyone! :)

Good Morning!

Don't laugh! I know it sounds cheesy, but I did the Dirty Dancing Official Workout this morning and it was good! Cueing was real good and the dancing was fun. Heart rate didn't soar but it did get up there.

Tomorrow I will get to do pullups from week 11 (I'll go back to pullups since it's a light day and only 3 rungs on the ladder).

Farmer - Glad you are feeling better. It is much easier to lose weight when not feeling well but 23 hours is an awfully long time without eating. I hope you're able to eat again today though.

Deanie - Sounds like a great workout and tough! I like the iron cross. I saw a video and have to try it.

Gayle - Thanks! and it did make sense. I hope I'm able to do my pulls as good as my chins tomorrow. Great workout! I only have 266 more swings to go to catch up to you! Have fun tomorrow!

Waves to Andilynn and Jane!

Marcy

Hi Everyone,

I had a good run yesterday. It was in the 80's so I was dripping sweat by the time I got home. Today is a forced rest day as I am going to my parents for dinner.

Thanks you for all the prayers and hugs. Mom has an appointment to see the doctor next week to find out the next course of action.

Marcy ~ No laughter from me. It sounds like a fun workout. :)

Gayle ~ Interesting workout yesterday. I'm glad I'm not the only who does weird workouts!!! :eek:

Waves hello to Deanie, Rhonda and Andilynn.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.