^^^^clean&tidy monday (detox day 1)^^^^

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Hey girls,

I've decided my detox will be all fruits and veggies - nothing else for two days. I've never done this and it will be hard but I can do it.

Just finished my WO and it was tough! Did day 2 of the couch to 5K and then kickbox/legs/core from 4DS. My HR monitor was about to explode at 706 calories! Geesh! I'm dying.

Gotta shower and get to the store for all of my stuff. BBL!

angie (Who's joining me???)

Good Morning, Angie!! Good idea on the fruits and veggies, just make sure you get enough starchy veggies (corn, sweet potatoes, etc.) to support your workouts. And try not to let your calories go too low. I am detoxing with you, but I will be eating more than fruits and veggies, although I will try to make it *mostly* fruits and veggies!

Kate, I can't believe you don't spend more than that on groceries! I only have one child and I usually spend about $125-$150/week! It's nuts!

Morris, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy PS, I really love it. For me, it was similar to GS, which my body loves, but different enough to keep me interested.

WO today will be finishing up my 1RM tests (cause I didn't do it yesterday:eek:). I think I am going to do some circuits this week (blech!) also, since I won't use them for awhile once I start STS. BBS....

Quick question: do you guys use multi vitamins and if so, what kind? We're needing to buy some.

Also, Klaudia, I think it's funny that you mentioned Evangeline Lilly - she totally has the body I want! :)

Off for more fruits and veggies!

WO done -- I managed to squeak out 2 sets of 20 push-ups (the last few were pretty shallow, though!).

I have no clue what-so-ever on the menu today. I may have to run errands at lunch, and if so, i'll pick up a grilled chicken salad. I may have to go out to dinner tonight (SIL's birthday), but no one in that family ever makes plans it advance, irks the crap outta me! I WILL make good choices, no matter what.

My weight is VERY GOOD this morning, especially coming off of the weekend. It's just the motivation I need to keep it clean!

Okay, so far I've had an apple and two small cans of corn (probably around 8 oz each). I have some lettuce in the fridge and I'm going to eat it with just a slight amount of ww dressing (found it at the store in belgium!).

Kate, ^5 on the push ups!! That's awesome. I feel like I'm starting to squeak out some more! Good luck at your meals - we are here to keep you accountable! There's always a chicken salad to be had! :)

Good Morning!

Stayed up late watching the Grammys. Cheryl Crow told a preshow interviewer she got in such good shape using...P90X!! Pretty cool. I may start STS this week, not sure. Today is cardio-I think HIIT or some kickbox. Other than that, slow day-storytime, maybe Target, and some house cleaning.

Angie, I don't think I can do noting but fruit/veggies. I will try and stick to no treats and two meatless meals, and more fish:) Good luck! AS for Evangeline-great minds think alike;)

Katie, good job on the push ups! Happy the scale is being nice:)

Hi Morris, Kate, Robin, Colleen, and Anne:)

Morning

Angie good kickmax w/o today. That's why I love working legs b/c you burn so much calories. I wish that I could just do 4 days of weight training and no cardio but I can't. If I only ate fruits and veggies I will end up on the floor(anemia). Good luck. I use Centrum chewables.

Katie I know what you mean about groceries. I need to start using coupons b/c my kids eat like adults.

Klaudia I can't watch the grammys unless I can ff through the stuff I don't like.

Y-day I was over my family's house dealing drama.
Now today I have a sinus headach and really don't feel like a w/o BUT I'm going to do STS week2 SBC.....push ups here I come.

can i start thisday over?
juliawoke up at 6
gina missed the bus
isabel was sobbing for mike
my voice was okay when i woke up but now its as bad as ever
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

but it will turn around
mike took gina to school
got a ride for isabel
nice mom is also bringing isabel home
after julia goes to sleep i get to wo
:):):):):):):):):)
MY DAY IS WHAT I MAKE IT! AND ITS GONNA BE A GREAT ONE!!!

b - cereal, apples
s - kashi waffle, pb, raisins
l - taco salad
s & d - ??????

at 1 i go to g's school for music class
board mtg at preschool tonight then hopefully meijer

angie, only produce?! thats hardcore!
great cal burn!:cool::eek:

katie, im good at shopping sales and i am thcoupon queen!
i bow to your pushups. i detest them:)
hope dinner tonight goes well:confused:

robin, sorry for fd and the sinus woes. rest up!:) yeah, like i ever listen to that!:rolleyes::p

klaudia, i like the sound of your nice day!
^5 to home wo's!!!

Good Morning Everyone!

I can't believe it is Monday already. I so don't want to be at work today. I have no choice but to suffer through. Chris and I injured ourselves during STS this morning. He hurt his shoulder during band work and me my shoulder from overhead presses. I never feel it until I am done and I really pissed because I have done this before. The good news is that I made it through all of the pushups.

Anne, welcome back. You are so lucky to have another day to adjust to the real world.
Angie, I am going to detox but I can't do all fruits and veggies when lifting. I am going for balance in my meals.
Kate, sorry about the rough morning. Sending you better day vibes!
Katie, ^5 on the pushups. Hope you find out about dinner soon!
Klaudia, start STS this week. Robin and I need more people to share our pain.
Robin, sorry about the sinuses. Hope you feel better. Do you use a nasal wash?

w/o STS Disc 4, Yoga Abs
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: grilled chicken salad
s: chopped veggies, banana
d: london broil, sweet potato, asparagus

sorry for the drive by...

angie, i def cannot do only fruits and veggies, though all meals and snacks will have some. i am aiming for lots of protein, complex carbs, no processed food. great w/o.

katie, i definately like ps, just not as much as say gs, 4ds, pub, you get the picture. again, i think it is the age of it. i am hopeful though, based on what you said, as i love gs, and my body does well with it. also, i am sore today;)

kate, you must be coupon queen!! glad your attitude is so good today.

klaudia, have fun with the hiit.

anne, welcome back.

colleen, your menu looks awesome.

i did the elliptical this am and cannot seem to rebalance. i feel shaky and hungry though i have eaten a lot and drank a ton of h20. maybe nerves?

gotta get abckt o work - bbl

Ok I win the drama award for the day. I picked ellie up from school and put her in our room for a nap but let her watch a movie. About 20 min later I hear a huge crash and a sound like glass breaking and ellie starts crying. I find her in our bedroom UNDER RYAN'S DRESSER!!!

I swear this child is taking years away from me. Somehow she barely has a scratch on her. Ryan says it's bc one of the drawers was open and took most of the weight. She has a bruise on her wrist bc she caught itbin a drawer. We took her to a doc and he said we could get her wrist xrayed to make sure it isn't broken but everything looks fine...

If I ever had a reason to stress eat...

angie! omygoodness! im glad shes okay! was she trying to climb it???

morris, how is your mom? deep breaths!:)
wtg on soreness!

colleen, i injured my shoulder a few yrs back. i did pub waaaaay too much!:eek:
sorry for the monday blahs. sunday night i always am so bummed that monday comes so quick.
do you have a fave sts abs yet?

i was/am sore rom sts abs on sat.
good allover doms from sts1 last night. esp the chest!!!!!
i did cs total body wo this a.m. felt sooo good! hopefully vc later, but the days about to get crazy!
eats are according to plan!

Kate wooooooo What a morning. STS isn't it so much fun.:)

Colleen I also hurt my shoulder doing shoulder work STS last week. The weight was just too high. I think there maybe a bug with those 1RM%. Lighten the weight for shoulders 1RM so that it will be easier for the 2nd week. BTW the 2nd week of STS goes up to 65%.:eek:. even Jai was struggling.

Morris what going on?

Angie OMG:eek: let me tell you need to get some hair dye b/c these kids will make you grey before your time. I'm glad she is ok

Let me tell ya about the FD. My cousin Tracey (who moved down to NC to be close to her mom) wants to go back to NY and live with her boytoy. Now he is recently divorce and really don't want her 3 daughters. Sooooooooo she decides after month of traveling back and forth (NC to NY) that she doesn't want to be a single mom anymore. WTH:eek: since went do we have a choice???

Tracey said it right in front of the girls (ages 7, 10, 15) and her mother I NO LONGER WANT TO BE A SINGLE MOTHER. In other words she is looking for people to dump her kids on. All hell broke lose. Her mom said no that not right, they did not ask to be born etc etc. I said if you feel that way then go. Why raise girls went you resent them.

What do you ladies think.

ps the boytoy is not even thinking about marrying her.

Last edited:
Y-day

I just finished reading thru y-days' post Welcome back Anne those pics are very beautiful.

Angie that lady on Star Trac site does lift weights IMO but she does alot of endurance work not heavy weights. She may also eat very few carbs and no junk food. She may just look like that because of the photo-shoot. After the photo-shoot she may have gone out for cheeseburgers.;)

Kate, I don't have a favorite abs yet. I didn't really like the yoga abs but I guess it will be good for a light day.
Robin, I was shocked when I put the DVD in this morning and they said we were increasing 5%. I thought that was only happening in the strength section.
Angie, that is so scary about Ellie. I am glad she is okay.

All my afternoon meetings have been cancelled so I have a chance to do real work. I might even get out of here at a reasonable time.

robin, those poor girls. but you're right - let her go and get her parental rights revoked so she cant go back and forth and break their little hearts over and over. ugh....sad.

colleen, hope you get out of work early!!!
the pilates abs were nice! i liked the mermaid:D

clean eats......but im hungry!! gotta get julia nrsed/sleeping then finish mtg minutes for pre-k. i need somethin' quick and clean! maybe another waffle/pb/raisin thing:confused:

I agree with you Kate. Tracey has never had luck with men. She has 5 kids (2 are adults) with 4 different men. I am judging her because she is family and I care about the kids.

Colleen how did you like the yoga abs when Cathe did the levitation with straight legs. I just looked at her like she was crazy.

robin, thats nuts!!!! my dad is in his 3rd marriage:rolleyes: .......and it doesnt look like its going to last.
those lev holds were like.....huh????:p

Workout is done-25 minutes of hiit, 2.02 miles 323 cals(not accurate-treadmill readout).
Eats are good-tuna salad w/tomatoes, cukes, white beans, light balsamic. Midmorning snack was 1 cup of pineapple and a piece of string cheese.

Robin, what a horrible dilemma! Yeah, I'd say the kids are better off with their grandma. I can't even wrap my brain around what some people do-there is such a thing as birth control! Funny how you need a license to fish or cut someone's hair, but anyone can give birth!

Colleen, you girls are scaring me with all this STS talk of injuries! I'm really going to ease myself into the program, I think. Hope you get to go home soon!

Angie, that is so scary! Thank goodness she's all right. My youngest is going to kill me! Say an extra prayer tonight!

Morris, feeling better?

Kate, busy day. What workout did you do?

Off to make coffee and shower...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.