^^^^ Crazy Cheetah Land Thursday^^^^^

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Cheetahs!:)

Guess I am the first one up!?:eek: ;) Just getting ready for work! Im sooooo lazy!

Last night I did a 3 mile run and 4DS C&B. I think I have come to the conclusion that I shouldn't eat at all before I work out. I only had a light supper at 7 ish and at 9 I still felt full. Im not sure if I will get a workout in tonight or I may take the day off and start some christmas decorations.

I also uploaded some new pics on my picture trail last night. I was looking for some of DD as well but she runs from the camera these days!

Have a good day everyone!

Lori

Good morning, my cheetah-fabulous friends! :)

I was last to post last night, so this'll be a short one.

Hi Lori :: You get to work day shift today? Hope it's a good one. Will check out those pics. ETA: Aww! It's Mr. Pick Fingers! What a cutie! :)

I did S&H Legs this morning...tonight will be cardio + walking lunges and wall squats. I will *NOT* doze off this time! *lol*

Have a GREAT day, ladies! BBL later this afternoon.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

hi all you lovely cheetahs! i am sooooo glad it's friday-eve! the weeks feel so much longer because they are so busy.

cathy-don't you think this is a really busy time in the schools? for me, kids are starting to be identified with problems and i am starting to get a ton of referrals. hey, are you guys dealing with the new federal regulations and response to intervention before being able to test for learning disabilities? how is it going for you? it's very ambiguous here and i don't like it. anyway, i don't want to bore everyone else, i just was wondering what you think of the changes.

lori-day shift today? yay! i must go check your picturetrail.

carole and shelly-did i mention how fabulous you did in LV??? i really, really wish i could have been there!!! :-( :-( :-(

kristi-i got your card the other day. thank you so much. you gave me the push i needed to get mone done.

linda-i am with you on the crazy days!!! i used to be able to spend so much time on the internet goofing off. lately, i don't even have time to check my email!!! good idea about hanging the cards on the fireplace. i'm going to do that!!!

jackie-thanks for your card. i will most likely be in dyersburg for a week during christmas. maybe we can meet up for a run and lunch sometime? i'm not sure how far that is for you. i'm sure i could meet you somewhere.

wendy-i am with you on the warm fuzzies i am getting from the cards. it's amazing how good they are making me feel!!! i also got my secret cheetah santa present. i am going to save it until christmas but it made me sooooo happy!

thomasina-yes, linus is adorable (but i am biased). check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgcwTIA0E6o

wendi-i am with you on the dreadfully long, tiring days. i get home and all i want to do is get into bed! just know your cheetahs are thinking of you!!!

i am thinking i am going to run with grace again today. i am looking for a nice sweatfest. i gt to go into work a bit later today and could run outside and, of course, it is 32 degrees with a wondchill making it feel like 21. Even more ironic is that for the rest of the week it's going to be in the 70's!!! x( x( x( i did 4DS LIS yesterday afternoon and thought it wasn't impossible but quite "dancy" for someone that isn't very coordinated. i am askeered of the HIS!!! i am liking the classical stretch and trying to do it at least 2-3 times a week. this is my second week. for those of you that have been doing it for a while, are you noticing any differences? i have a little bit of booby }( doms today from MM yesterday morning.

hopefully, i am somewhat caught up. even when i don't get to write much, you guys are always there to lift my spirits. with everything i've been going through and all your thoughful and kind workds...they really warm my heart. i don't want to get too mushy, but having a place like this to share (not to mention to keep me motivated with my exercise) with such amazing women makes me feel so good. thanks to all of you.

oh, i forgot to tellyou guys about the idea i had. i have medals from my marathons and a few half marathons that are just sitting in a drawer. i also save my race numbers. well, it dawned on me the other day when grace was saying to focus on a point that i should hang all my medals and race numbers on the wall that faces my TM. Duh!!! so, i am going to do that. i think it will be very motivating.

Morning Cheetahs.

My brain is not fully awake yet. I've barely finished my first cup o'java. :9

Today is legs and a run for me. I am going to download my new 60 min ITreads this morning and pick one of them to do. As for a leg work out...who knows! I'd like to do BBC Legs but w/o weights, the first portion is mostly useless. x( Hmmm...I'll figure it out. You know I will. }(

I'll be back when I'm just a bit more awake to do some personals.:)

Alright, lets try this again. I had something wrote, then my boss walked in! Blah!

Cathy** Yes, now you have a face to Mr.Pickfingers and thats being nice! LOL He is a maniac but DD was the exact same way. I can't beleive you have S&H legs done already:eek: Not sure I would be able to do that!

Wendy** Enjoy your workout and coffee:9 I just put a fresh pot on!

Lorie** Hope you have a good run! Running outside here is offically over! There is to much snow so even if it were a mild day, Id never get on the road! We would be running in traffic.

BBL!
Lori:)

Good morning Cheetah babes!

TG I'm much more rested with a good night's sleep last night. I woke up feeling great and did Imax 2 on an 8" step for a change...so much fun!!! I was a bit disappointed by my calorie burn (412 according to my Polar) but I'm trying not to put too much stock in that. I have a goal to get back to my pre-binge weight of 114 by the first of the year. I'm at 118 right now, down from 121 about ten days ago so I think I should be able to get it done.

Oh yeah, and good news on the Planet Fitness front. The mother of the girl who works with me just joined during some great promotion and she can add friends/family on for an annual fee of $25 plus $10/month! That is an offer I can't refuse. I'm so excited that I'll be able to run again, even if it's only on a DM :p! I figure if I can get at least two 7-8 mile runs in a week during Dec and Jan, then a couple of 10 milers per week during Feb, I should be in good shape for a possible HM in late March }( :eek:. Yup, I said it...now I have to stick to it LOL! I KNOW you guys will hold me accountable!

Work has sucked big time lately but I won't even go into that...it's far too draining to even talk about. Everyone (mother, SO, etc) wants to hear what's going on and offer suggestions (which is very well-intentioned) but it just takes too much out of me and gets my blood boiling to even discuss. So, I guess I'll just leave it at that.

I'll be back in a minute with those promised personals :7!

Good morning Cheetahs! Today I should be getting my 3 new DVDs. YEAH!! I can't wait to try them out. I think the first one I want to try is Candace Copeland's "Core Synergy". I really need the core work. Anyway, I'm feeling a little better today. My throat is still sore though. Last night's Christmas party went well. I didn't eat much of anything, but I'm sure it was full of calories nevertheless. It is so hard to lose weight in December. However, I'm still trying. Tonight I have Bunko with my friends so there will be more delicious food there too. I don't have much control when there is food laying out. If I can get past tonight then I don't really have anything else social wise that I need to do or go to until the weekend before Christmas. I think I can stay on track for the 2 weeks until then.

Wendy - I read how you zigzagged to lose weight. As you already know that is how I lost my postbaby weight too. However, I used much lower calorie numbers. I've used 1300 calories for my low days and 1500-1600 for my high days. Am I going too low? Where do I find out what calories I need to have to lose weight? I went with 1300 because I knew I could go that low and not starve myself, but I'm still a little hungry at the end of the day. Any suggestions?

Lorie - You are welcome on the card. It was fun to do. I hope I didn't come off sounding like a dork. I'm really bad about coming up with stuff to write, but I didn't want to just sign my name. You all mean so much to me. I'm loving the cards too. I have this thing that keeps my cards in all in one place, but fans them out so I can see how many I have. I'm looking forward to getting more. The person I drew received a notice yesterday that they have something at the post office for them. I can't wait for them to open it.

Thomasina - So you have asthma too? I'm glad yours is under control. DS's is actually not very bad. The winter months are hardest. It sounds worse than it is because DS doesn't understand how to correctly use an inhaler. That is why we have to use a nebulizer with a mask.

I'll BBL. WAVES to all cheetahs!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Well, yesterday was one of those days I would rather not repeat, ever. I got dragged out to the bars (almost literally on that one – I work with too many young kids!) and I remembered on Wednesday why I never do that. I woke up late, to discover my flight was cancelled due to snow (which was a blessing in disguise), then managed to get on a 3:00 flight out and got home at around 7PM. Finally feeling relative human and able to eat. Believe me, standing in line at the Chicago airport with a nasty hangover is not a good time. Today I’m feeling a lot better, just a little dehydrated – I’ll rectify that today. I plan to do HSC this morning. I’m looking forward to moving a body that was not happy yesterday!

Carole – GREAT race report!!! I really enjoyed reading it!

Thomasina – Great job on the weight loss! I love the idea of the elves and your BOSU and *garage* opening on Christmas!

Lori – I love your photos! You have a very beautiful family!! Is that a lab puppy? He’s adorable (as is you GSD!). I have to be careful with eating before I workout, especially for a run. Enjoy your Christmas decorating!! Great job with your weight loss too!

Cathy – Have fun with your workout! It’s easy to doze, isn’t it? Sounds like a good one!

Lorie – Enjoy your run with Grace! I think Linus is adorable, too – and I’m not biased. He looks like a very sweet little guy! I love your idea of hanging you medals! Enjoy your day!

Wendy – Are you still doing no-weights? I thought you start P90X? How’s the “no weights” coming along?

Hope everyone has a great day! I’m happy to be back with my family (between Jimmy and DD14 I was greeted very enthusiastically – it was sweet). I will admit that I have not gotten my Secret Santa gift out, but I will ship it two day air. I feel horrible – but it will go out today! I thought I’d be home by noon yesterday, and have plenty of time to get it out.

Wendi - We were posting at the same time. :) Sorry work is not going well these days. Congrats on the new gym membership. That is a sweet deal. You will be ready for you HM in March with the plan you described. Which HM will you be doing? }( :) }( We will hold you accountable. :) :)

Kristi - Glad to hear you're feeling better - it sucks being sick this time of the year! Good job on the Christmas party. It IS hard to lose weight this time of the year!

Lori - Nice workout last night! Hopefully I'll have a bit of time tomorrow night to check out your pics...I would love to see just how cute your little "terrier" is ;) :p!

Cathy - Thanks again for the beoootiful card, dear! I really needed the smile it brought last night! Did I read that right, S&H legs this am then walking lunges and wall squats tonight...YIKES!!!! I hope you can walk tomorrow :eek:. It sounds like you've got a rough work week this week...try to cut yourself some slack if you're tired, it's understandable!

Lorie - Oh, that's a wonderful idea for your medals! So glad to hear that you and Linus had a good day! I love your pics of him, partly because he looks just like Chipper, the dog we had when I was growing up. He was a cocka-terri-poo...if that's a word LOL! Oh, 32*...that's downright balmy :p...heehee. I can't agree more with your sentiments on this group!

Wendy - Um, what happened to the X? Did I miss something? So how are the DOMS today?! So happy to hear about the successful EEG...praying that Joey can be weened off his meds!

Kristi - I do hope you are able to stave off that little bug that's trying to get ya. Please take care of yourself! Had to LOL at not knowing what to write in cards...I feel exactly the same way!

Sunny - Good for you for wanting do another HM! I absolutely LOVE that Cardio Power premix...a great little sweatfest!

Judy - I'd say you got an AMAZING workout in with that shoveling :eek:! IA that snow at night is so beautiful and peaceful. It's been *COLD* here, but I'm sure not as bad as by you! I can't seem to get rid of the shivers this year :-(.

Carole - That 3 person marathon relay sounds like fun! I wish we had races like that around here. Ooh, B&G and kickbox on the same day...wow, brave woman!

Susan - Glad to hear DD is feeling better! Nothing worse than a stomach flu...yuck! I am loving receiving all the Cheetah cards, too!

Shelly - Glad to hear you're feeling great after LV...good enough to tackle CF Mix and Max! That's impressive! Had to LOL...I definitely don't get paid enough x(...when I DO get paid *rolls eyes*!!! But you gotta work to live. I can't wait to have time to check out your pics!

Jackie - Nice little workout yesterday! Glad the legs felt good!

Thomasina - You have some wonderful elves working for you!!! Thanks for the tip about LNT...I might have to do the same thing in the future. You guys are all horrible enablers }(! That's why I love this group of wonderful ladies...you all are so inspiring!

Linda - That premix definitely is a real fryer!!! I *love* it! Great job!

Christine - When I saw the weather for Chicago I was worried about you, hon! So sorry you felt like crud yesterday on top of the flight cancellation. Yeah, I don't do the drinking thing! I like to have one, maybe two, and that's it! I don't like to feel tipsy at all (probably because it makes me feel how my migraines used to make me feel) and I hate how sluggish I feel the next day. I know HSC will get that body moving again, though. Enjoy!

Alrighty, I think that catches me up. I hope to check in before heading out to bowling tonight. TTFN!

okay, i just got done with iTread #24/60. it was kind of an interval run but the speeds were pretty moderate. i liked it and it was fun and kept my attention. i ended up doing 7 miles, so that's good.

okay, off to the shower and to work!

bbl, i hope!!!

Good morning cheetahs

Lori...I had PUB and CTX on VHS too, I finally splurged and got them on DVD. I have a 5 disc DVD player and also a DVD/VHS player. I will be doing 4DS C&B today. I give you a lot f credit working out at night, not sure I would be good at that.

Cathy...yes, very close quarters as I slept in the same bed with my sister and her cold! That is awful about the vent and cold air blowing on you, I do hope it gets fixed ASAP. I am going to back off running 4 days and only do 3 a week to see if that helps with the pain. Good job with S&H Legs this morning. I hope your afternoon workout goes well..

Lorie...Linus is a cutie!! Thanks re LV. Maybe more of us can meet up next year!! I have only done HIS once myself...it is more tricky than LIS. You should definitely put your medals up somewhere!!

Wendy..I will be slow with cards too...I do have some DOMS from B&G and you know where! Enjoy your run and leg workout.

Wendi...good job with Imax2 on an 8 inch step. I hope the Planet Fitness thing works out! So a HM in March??..:)...sorry about work sucking...sending better work vibes your way. The relay should be fun and I get the easy part!! I do have some DOMS from yesterday...

Kristi..I hope you felt better for the party last night. Way to go on the new workouts.

Christine...thanks re my race...:)..yes, working with young-ins can be way dangerous. Sorry about the hangover...hope you feel better later.

Susan...so far as I have not run yet the ITB outer upper thigh pain has been gone. I will let you know how it is doing after my run today. Hope you enjoyed your EXT, PUB and ab workout.

Shelly...That was weird that the only pics of me are finishing? I did see some photographers on the course...Karen's # is 12436, and Meyer is her last name. All of her's are finishing too. The pain has been gone as I have not run, So today will be a test! Sounds like you had a good cardio workout yesterday.

Jackie...I hope the pain goes away too. My next run is Jan 13th, I will be the 1st person in a 3 person marathon relay. This is the link if you want to see some of the course http://www.sweatrc.com/Redding_Marathon/index.html Good job with iTread and yoga.

Tomasina...way to go with the elves locating the Bosu for you! I don't know...not sure I would let my DH hold anything as he looses stuff!!! That is my plan next year too, focus on halfs. I so want to do another marathon, but I want to get some speed back right now. Avenue of the Giants has a half in May...:)

Linda..I think the running is aggravating my ITB thigh pain, I will find out today when I run. Great job on the upper body fryer and run!

I have a couple of Vegas pics:

Karen, Cathi and me
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL752/3147882/18478789/291757692.jpg

The Roller Coaster at NY, NY that my sisters and I, Shelly & Jerry rode!
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL752/3147882/18478789/291757090.jpg

Well can't believe we made it another year....:)..Today is our 27th Anniversary!...seems longer...:D....I will be doing 4DS C&B, abs and a 4 mile run in the rain!!

Have a great day...:)

hello ladies,

quickie check- in for me today. yesterday was a bust wound up being an unscheduled rest dayx( . however i will fix that today, i already did iclimb/icyle #23 and will later tackle the upperbody plus cardio 4DS premix, YEA}( !

shelly- no i didn't get amy's new step. not really into step workouts anymore.

cathy- thanks for the card!

wendy- i love my dh dearly and think he's the funniest man in the world!!

have a great day all:) . sorry so short.

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - Yay for the good ol' DOMS!! Thanks for reminding me that this is a new month and time for a new itread. Must check it out.

Thomasina - Glad the elves found you a Bosu. I vote for letting dh hold on to it for Christmas so that he can put a pretty little bow on it. I'm so excited for you and your garage. I'll have a home gym in my new house too. What colors are you putting on the walls?

Kristi - Sounds like you needed that extra rest day. Would have been a shame if you had to miss the Christmas party. Feeling better today. Got the package this morning.

Lorie - Linus is too cute. I know he makes the kids day. I think HIS steps are easier to pick up than LIS. Good luck! Great idea to hang your medals on the wall for motivation.

Wendi - Sounds like you need some extra rest too. Glad you got a good night's sleep. Congratulations on the weight loss!! May I ask how tall you are? Lucky you with Planet Fitness membership. Hope you enjoy.

Linda - Yes, take those clothes off that elliptical and put it to use.

Susan - Are you almost prepared for your trip?

Cathy - I did a Yoga Zone yoga yesterday. I'll do a portion of an itrain one every now and then. Sometimes I need that visual to see the positions. Hope your meeting goes well today and no dozing before your workout.

Lori - I rarely eat anything before I work out. Then, again, I do work out at 4:30 in the morning and don't want anything in my tummy that early. Love your pics! Looking good!

Christine - What an ordeal for you with a HA. Glad you made it home safely. I hope all of that snow clears up before Christmas so that sis can make it home for the holidays.

Carole - I've already put in my request for a 5 disc DVD changer. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get it. Think my DVD player is going on the blink. My workouts keep freezing even after I clean the thing. A 3 person marathon sounds like fun. Bet I could handle one of those. Thanks for sharing the link. I don't know how soon I'll do another race. Burned out on the training right now. Love the pics! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Sunny - Sorry yesterday was a bust for you. You've made a good start on today's workout. Hope you enjoy the rest.

I did 4DS LIS and Winsor Pilates for the Back. Meant to do some pull ups but forgot.

It was in the 20's here this morning when I came to work. I can't seem to warm up. This would be a good day for some nice hot soup.
Hope everyone is enjoying their day so far.

Jackie

Hi Girls.

My work out is done. Here's what I did:

ABA warm up + lower body exercises only
BBC B+L calf work but off back of step w/no weights, donkey kicks, hydrants and I did inner thigh lifts with silver dynaband while she did those kick out things.
B&G lunge/squat combo + inner thigh lifts + stretch.

It totalled about an hour with disc changes, etc. Finding l/b work in ABA was a pain as it's not chaptered nearly as well as Cathe's so that took time. It wasn't one of my fave mish-moshes but I did feel the burn.

After that I hit the gym and logged a 5.6 mile run with ITread 8/60 mins.

I'm just about done with lunch, will have a cuppa joe and then hafta get crackin' on lunch for DS.

Feels good to have the work out behind me before nap time.

BBIAB for personals!:)

Carole!!!

http://www.zingerbug.com/Comments/anniversary/anniversary_candles.gif

Glad you made another year! Hope it’s a fabulous anniversary! Love the photos. Thanks for sharing. I’m feeling a lot better today. HSC helped – although I was not able to go quite as hard – but that’s okay. I did it. :p That is a really cool roller coaster!

Lori – Good jon with the iTread! Thanks for the description. I might have to download that one!

Sunny – Sounds like a great make up day!

Jackie – It was my own stupid fault! I should know I cannot keep up with the 20 somethings. I’m just glad I made it home and I’m doing okay today. :p Hope you warm up soon! I hate days like that. Try some hot tea. :p

Wendy – Wow – great workout!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.