^^^^^Watercooler^^^^ Tousled Thursday

aschendell

Cathlete
Just starting us off....back in a bit to catch up!

Hope everyone has a great day...
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good morning!

Where'd Wednesday go??

Debra - That's really crappy that you didn't get an actual diagnosis, or even follow up testing. How are you feeling today?

Yesterday I did CoreSyn, and actually didn't mind the workout one bit. The Plus weight workouts are very similar to CoreSyn, so perhaps I'm finally getting used to that kind of workout. My back and biceps are stiff from Monday's Back & Biceps. Today's Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. Still scratching my head on the "recovery" part of this week! Maybe it comes after this. The rest of the week involves XStretch, YogaX, Abs/core+, and Legs & Back.

Laurie - Did you decide to start a Plus rotation, or do BBC?

Well, time to go workout. BBL to catch up with everyone.

Cheers,
Sandra

So, this medication makes me drunk and edgy at the same and I didn't sleep much...but the good news is..no headache! I have a massage scheduled today, too, so that may help as well. I will definitely be taking a nap this morning as I only slept about 3 hours last night...UGH. I have errands to do this afternoon to get ready for the diva slumber party tomorrow and DD has to have dance pictures taken after school...so another busy day after the nap, anyway! CBL came by last night and brought me dinner...it was a nice surprise since we didn't have a scheduled date.

I am not sure what workout I will do today...Don't I say that every day?? Anyhoo, I strained a glute muscle during yoga last night...I must have gone too deep in one of the poses...but now I have figured out what I am doing to hurt myself, and I won't do it anymore. Aren't I bright?? So, it looks like an upper body weight day for me...don't know if I will do all upper parts or just do a few plus some core work...We'll see what time allows. I am still working on my tummy so that Wendy doesn't make me wear the Amish swim suit at the beach this summer!

Okay...gotta get the diva to school...back this afternoon for personals...

Later gators!
Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Morning Coolers

I ended up taking the day off yesterday. Just couldn't stay awake so figured with that and giving blood it was prudent to make it a rest day. I was starting to fall asleep by 10pm when DH comes home from his trip so he kept me up talking when all I really wanted to do was sleep. Boy, I was dead to the world last night, as I didn't even hear DS wake up in the middle of the night. For a change DH had to go and spend the rest of the night with him. So I got the bed to myself again YEA.:)

Jeanette - ITA about SS being boring but I think I need a change from the weight lifting that I've been doing so will give this a shot for a week or so (until I change my mind again). I don't think I've stuck to a rotation for more than 2 weeks.;( Now stop playing that golf game and go and cut that lawn. Is that what your DH is thinking???:p I told my DH that ours needed it and if he would just tune up the riding mower I would do it. That got him motivated to do it himself b/c GOD forbide I drive one of his "toys".:p I know what you mean about the eye wrinkles. There is a picture of my with DS last fall w/o makeup and the first thing I noticed was the eyes. I was stupid enough to mention it to DH so he throws that back in my face now all the time. (I'm 2.5yrs older than him).:eek: I love Mary Kay but think it's just letting me age gracefully - not seeing any improvement in the eye area.

Laurie - I've been thinking about a Toyota for my next car. How do you like the rental? I was lucky enough years ago when I brushed the side of my car up against a column in the u/g parking that about 1 week later my sister was driving it and a truck t-boned her on that same side. She was okay - just shaken - but the car repair got all paid for by the insurance. They didn't even know about my little accident. About the only time the GODS have been looking down on me when it comes to cars and $$$. I hate it when I walk into someone's office and see paper everywhere. Makes me wonder if any work is really getting done. We fired someone like that and I got the fun job of cleaning up his cubby - all the work had been done but 6 months of filing to do. Yuk.;( I couldn't resist the donut yesterday - justified it to ensure my blood sugar levels were up for donating blood. The secretary went out and bought muffins/donuts/fruit to have on hand for the auditors all this week so temptation has been around. They're gone now so no temptation until Friday.:p

Debra - glad to hear the headache is gone - but glad I don't live in the same town as you. Don't think I want to be on the road if you're driving with all those drugs in your system LOL:p :p I see your having a massage tonight. What if they concentrated some on your head and face? I've gone for reflexology and they used to massage my whole head and face and it felt soooo good. BTW, save some of those drugs for T.O.;-)

Kim - Good to hear the lottery home went to someone who actually needed it. (so why didn't I get the phone call :p ). A couple of the auditors here this week were actually from your town. We didn't get to talk much about personal stuff though - but they were at home with the dusting of snow we got. They left yesterday at 2pm so have some time to relax first thing this a.m. then need to catch up and stuff that I've been ignoring all week. I haven't picked up the BWalters book since the weekend. Still in the 1st chapter. I think it will be a good book. It sounds like this weekend will be rainy so should have lots of time to get into it. My problem with reading is I have a hard time putting down a book so quite often end up staying up to the wee hours of the a.m. finsihing it.

Sandra - I didn't realize you "shadow" another instructor. When do you get to teach an actual class? Have you ever taught one? Several years ago I thought about becoming a fitness instructor and took several fitness courses at Seneca College at night and one of them was to learn how to teach a class, all about cuing, and the beat of the music etc. At the end of the course you had to teach a 1/2hr aerobic class. I practiced on everyone of my friends to learn how to cue and give direction. It was a lot of fun. Just after taking about 2/3rd of the courses needed for my certificate I decided that the gym life wasn't something I was wanting to go into to support myself so dropped it;( But learned a lot about anatomy/physiology and sports nutrition. (Just don't utilize LOL).

Okay back to work

Will check in thru the day.

I'm hoping to go out this afternoon for a site tour of the project. It's been a while and the changes should be dramatic.

Good morning,
Today was a Timesaver Premix #1 from High Step Challenge. Good workout. I'm really glad I'm changing things up. What I really need to do is change up the eating. The Facility Captain in our office retired yesterday and brought each of us girls a big bag of M&M's (almond for me). The other FC who retired always felt the need to bring me cookies. Must be like feeding the park bear. We have a potluck/snack day for another retiree today and I made some chocolate chip cookies to bring. Sigh.

I'm getting my hair cut and touched up today after work. Lord knows it needs it!!! It is so darned heavy on top that it's weighing my face down. Gravity is working on this old bod from my hair to my toes.

Sandra, I give you credit for staying with the P90X workouts. I just have a huge dread for pulling those out. I'm thinking that STS will be more like something that I will be able to use more than once. How is the bike riding going? You haven't lived until you've pedaled for miles in the pouring rain. Sheesh, that was miserable the other night.

Debra, so glad the headache is gone!!!! Sometimes I swear we just need a break from hurting. Years ago, my DH had tendonitis in his elbow, tried different things to help. It was very painful. Finally, they just gave him a series of prednisone. Took care of it and it never returned. Hope the glute heals quickly. I'm not nearly as sore today, thank goodness. It was almost the same soreness as when I did Butts and Guts the first time. However, those sit and stands this morning in HSC were a bear.

Patricia, hope the rest day yesterday has you all feeling perky today. It's so hard to concentrate/look interested/listen when you just want them to shut up so you can sleep/veg/type LOL! After my haircut today, I swear I will get that lawn mower out. This riding lawn mower is about 20 years old I swear so DH doesn't mind if I use it. He's never been into the yard maintenance thing so better me than him, I'm sure he's saying. I use Mary Kay too, but haven't used any kind of moisturizer, which as I approach 50, I desperately need to start doing. Hoping Wendy can give me a suggestion for some wrinkle removing magic. She looks like she's in her 20's I swear. Hope the blood sugars came back up yesterday. We wouldn't want them too low:p. I absolutely love a facial and head massage. Love my hands massaged too. Better even than the full body.

Well, DH is up and at em. I'll try to go look attentive.

Jeanette

Morning Coolers,

Today I only did a 3m run with Cami. Plan on doing some BBC leg workout tonight. I thought it would be a good thing to talk to oldest DD before she left for the state meet, so that is why I only did the run. She will be gone until Sunday. :-( I'm sure that I will manage to make youngest DD's life miserable for the rest of the week. :7 :7 :7

Debra, I'm glad your headache has gone away, but the meds sound like they are really strong!! :D It is a good thing that you will not have a headache when the urchins come to stay the night. :7 :7 Bet the Diva is getting excited about having all those friends over. :) WTH are you trying to do to yourself? Maybe those drugs made your bod feel so good that your glute was thinking it was a "Wonder Muscle". :D Hope it starts feeling better soon, maybe you need to have the massage therapist work on the head and glute. :D Yep I'm still going to participate in VB, but I'm thinking that I will seriously have to make sure that I get my glucosamine in my mouth and swallow it. I am really bad about taking vitamins and such. That will probably help a great deal.

Sandra, What!!! You missed Wednesday altogether? :7 :7 It was not a very exciting day so you didn't miss much! :7 :7 Oh I am going to do a P90X+ rotation, but I wanted to try these BBC so that I can at least say I tried them out. ;-) Will probably start the plus rotation after my race on the 7th. That way I won't make my bod to tired for the race. You are right the rotations don't really have a recovery week do they. :D

Patricia, Guess your body really needed the rest. :D My DH probably would love for me to mow the lawn. I just tell him that I had enough lawn mowing when I was a kid. x( :7 :7 The Toyota is a nice riding car, but I don't know how a tall person could drive this car. I have the seat adjusted to make my legs comfortable, and the steering wheel seems way to far away. I don't like having my elbows out straight when I drive. Oh you really did have to have that donut yesterday, we can't have your sugar levels go so far out of whack! :7 :7 :9 OK now I need to know. When reading the Barbara Walters book do you start hearing her voice? Because I can't stand the way she talks. :7 :7

Jeanette, I was LOL'ing out loud this morning reading your post!!!! :7 :7 :7 When I read "Must be like feeding the park bear" and then yesterdays "Your boss sounds like a trip to be around". I just cracked up! Glad I was the only one in the office at the time. I can't give you any advice about the wrinkles, because I am getting those dang things too. Can't believe you don't use mosturizer though. I would be scratching my face raw if I didn't have it applied. Right now I have some sun burn on my face, and have been using lot's of mosturizer. You would probably love the Toyota too. My oldest DD said that it would be a perfect car for her. :7 :7 :7 Ya right!!!! Like she is getting a car like that!

Wendy, Hope the cramming for school goes well.

Kim, My knee pain is just aches, so it is from getting old and playing VB/BB and SB for years. :7 :7 I agree with you that first mile is always the tough part. This morning I was really tired, and I was debating if I wanted to run. Cami was all for it, so I just had to push myself a little bit more. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good afternoon everyone. How was your day?

Debra - You sound so coherent in your posts. I honestly don't know how it you do it. No matter what's going on in your world, you seem to manage to stick with your program, and appear to keep it all under control. I haven't done any Eoin or yoga in general in about a week. I need to try to do that soon.

Patricia - Wow, you got really far into the course before deciding against it. I have to admit I'm not fully on board with teaching group fitness. My heart is really into the personal training part of the business. I like the social camaraderie of the group fitness, though. The other instructors and instructor-wannabes are a nice group of people. It's so nice to have "real-world" people who are interested in fitness. Your son's 3, isn't he? How's he doing with the whole potty-training business? My toddler seems to be intellectually aware of the whole thing, but just won't commit to sit, if you know what I mean. In order for her to go to preschool this September I've got to get her trained. She's fully into potty humour, though! Oh my goodness she just loves to say pee and poop. She cracks herself up real bad.

Jeanette - My DH got his new bike last week. He's so happy now. I wasn't able to fully appreciate this new machine, but I was definitely tickled by how his name is artfully written on the frame. I haven't been able to get out on my bike for 2 weeks now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll do that either tomorrow night, or Sunday morning. And I am a fair-weather biker, absolutely. I can live without a drenching ride, thank you very much! Of course, it will rain buckets on the Tour day....Oh well, I'll just pick up the race kit and go sit in a coffee shop for a while. I'm not in this to win :) It's funny, but the more I do the P90X workouts, the less I dread them. And they do give the kind of results I'm looking for. LOL about feeding the park bear!

Laurie - Are these new BBC workouts? I've no clue what the BBC workouts really are. Lots of people around here seem to like them, though. Thanks for the update on Wednesday. It's usually not a very interesting day, so if I can avoid it, I do. Is your race in a week? Is DD helping you train? This week is feeling a bit like a recovery because the P90X weight work is so much slower paced than the Plus. Sometimes it seems like Tony's positively slacking! I'm sure you're going to miss DD. I hope she has a great time!!

Where's Wendy today? Yoohoooooo!! Weeeendyyy!!!!!

Hello to Kim (run run), and is that the rest of our gang? Did I miss anyone?

Cheers,
Sandra

Well, another busy day for me but I did get out for my job site tour so happy. When I p/u DS from daycare he had a bit of a temp + a body rash. So he went to bed pretty much straight away. DH made dinner so ate that and now have some time to kill b/4 my w/o.

Jeanette - LOL at looking attentive while hubby is speaking. I'm reading my personal emails and he keeps talking to me and I keep looking at him and just nod my head and go ahu, ahu yep.. Now listen up real closely Jeanette - GO OUT AND GET ANY MOISTURIZER RIGHT NOW. How have you gotten thru life w/o putting something on your face everymorning? You must have had oily skin all you life. Yes, I'll be curious of Wendy's response if she looks so youthful. Do tell.

Laurie - Hmm, yes I do believe I'm hearing BW's voice in my head. I can't disagree with you about it driving me nuts. I will persevere. Is DD#1 excited? You haven't noticed any voodoo dolls around have you wearing one of her team mate's clothing?:p

Sandra - Yep DS turns 3 this July 5th and I've been working on him since last Aug. for potty training. Even bought him his own urinal I saw on a website last fall. Nada. I only started last year b/c that is when he started going to a daycare facility and immediately they started putting him on the toilet so I figured I should do it also at home. But nope, no interest so I backed off and just keep mentioning it to him. I used to be able to get him to sit on the toilet and now he even resists that so I'm backing off. Treats didn't work for him either. Yea, I can become flighty sometimes. Part of the reason why I quite my course was I didn't like the teacher and I had an opportunity to join a baseball team. BB won outt obviously.:7 :7 Hope you get out on your bike soon. Tonight would actually be a good night for me to go out but don't feel like it.

I'm off to do Burn it UP now.

Well this week is turning into an unplanned recovery week, I'm okay with that, I think I was overtraining a little and my body is just tired;-) I'll try and do something tomorrow. Busy, busy day here. I saw 3 new patients beside my regular patients today and all 3 were super nice but "energy" drainers. The one fella has the most swollen painful arm I've ever seen (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome) and has had horrible chronic pain in that arm for 4 years. He can hardly hold a conversation because his pain is so acute. Sure made me thankful for my health but I came home drained and then went straight to piano lessons. Home by 7 pm and DH had barbequed steak, garlic bread. YUM. Great supper but how am I to work out now that I have a full tummy at 7:30? It's almost my bedtime of 9 pm. :p

Jeanette- The biking in the rain doesn't sound like fun. The worst part about running in the rain is that your shoes/socks get wet and friction becomes a problem. We had a potluck at work today too, once a year the therapists put on a lunch for the therapy assistants. I brought in meatballs. How did the hair appointment go?

Sandra How the heck did you miss a whole day?? I don't mind Core SYn either, kind of a neat workout. I haven't got my + workouts yet. I'm hoping they come next week!

Debra- Good luck on the sleepover tomorrow! I hate kids sleepovers, dd wants to have one for her birthday in August, ugh! Hope you get a great night's sleep after your massage.

Laurie How are the knees feeling today? That's great that Cami pushed you out the door in the morning! Good luck to your dd, are you going to watch?

Wendy Are you busy with the schoolwork!

Patricia Hope ds isn't sick.

Did I tell you all that we're going on a family trip/business trip. I had to go to a conference and decided that the family needed to come along to keep me company. :+ DD is so excited that we're counting the days. Ten more sleeps! She has no clue where she is going but she's happy to miss school. We're going to Whitehorse, Yukon for a week. I'm getting excited to see what the North looks like. Should be only 2-3 hours of nightfall while we're there. The kids are excited about that as they think that they get to stay up really late. :+ Hopefully DH will find enough to keep the kids entertain while I'm at meetings. It's supposed to be beautiful wildlife/scenery but it's a very small city.

So my plan is to train really hard next week for the race.
The week after go on vacation/business trip and not excersie :p, come back at midnight and get up at 5am to run the half marathon.
Then the next week start the P90X+ lean rotation.

Kim

Just finished BIU and watching LOST.

Might be a wakeful night tonight as DS has woken a couple times already since 6pm. I glad the worse of my work week is over so if I miss Friday it won't be too bad.

Kim - remember to pack eye masks to sleep. We went to Alaska last July so only had about a few hours of night also. It was wierd going to bed looking out the window and it felt like 2pm. I was exhausted most nights so didn't have any problems falling asleep but DH did. The curtains could have been heavier to help. It sounds so exciting. the Yukon is on our list to go to someday. I'm jealous. I'm sure you'll see lots of wildlife. I bet there will be a local zoo of some sort. Boy, you're going to be exhausted for your 1/2. Better you than me:p :p Dinner sounded yummy. We've bought our last few steaks from Costco lately and they have been delicious. Even more so when the hubby cooks them.

Okay, time to get ready for the sack.

Talk tomorrow.

Hi all...back for a chat in between watching 'Lost' and doing laundry. I ended up doing part of PUB...chest, back and shoulders...and then I added on Kari Anderson's Curl. I was surprised at how much stronger my abs are since I did that one last. I guess that extra core work is paying off after all! Got all of my errands done today...so I am pretty ready for all of the divas to arrive tomorrow afternoon. They are all so excited! Funny girls.

Okay...let me catch up with some personals...

Kim...
So glad to see you around last night for a little chat. My doctor did no tests...just gave me drugs and sent me on my way. He did say if I was still in pain next week to get back in touch with him. The massage helped some more today...You know, after you have been in pain for so long, all the muscles around my neck and shoulders are so tense. I don't know why I could access your pics...I'm a moron when it comes to anything on the computer...LOL! When do you have your next race?? Oh! I see you are back by this evening too! I am sure a little recovery week is just what your body needs. Sounds like a busy day for you at work. I hope you are able to help your guys who is in so much pain. How terrible for him. God bless your DH...I love a man who cooks for me! I hope the sleepover goes well, too...I don't think I have ever had this many at one time overnight before. But they are good girls...all except one...the one who kept trying to climb into the animal cages at the zoo! Luckily we don't have a lot of wild animals around here....lol. I see that you are racing in another week. Your trip up North sounds great. My XDH spent some time in Russia during their white nights. Such a strange experience.

Jeanette...
Sounds like you were a very good grasshopper last night!! Maybe Traci will let you ride home in her grocery bag with her...lol. Sorry to hear about Father Tony's finger...He must be going crazy to get out and play now that the weather is getting better. Who knows what my doc is thinking...Anyway, I feel better today a bit. You crazy woman...there is NO WAY you look like an old hag! You look phenomenal! I use a L'Oreal moisturizer that I really like, but I have super dry skin, so it may not be the right one for you to start out with...I used to use an Oil of Olay product before I got so dry and that may be where you want to start testing out things. I am sure your hair looks great tonight! LOL about it weighing you down. I have an appointment next week to get mine done...It needs it bad, too. I have to look pretty for my trip to see Eoin!! I can't wait for you to see pics of Julia in her dance costumes...I should have some to post in another week or 2. Good workout this morning, my dear. My headache stays gone as long as I am loopy on this medicine...whenever I don't take it, the pain comes back. Ugh.

Sandra...
What a glutton for punishment you are for actually liking Core Syn! So the potty training isn't going smoothly?? My DD was a bit of a bear at first, but then when she was ready, it only took a day. But it was one WHOLE day of nothing but training. I don't have a choice but to be coherent. Never expected to be a single mom...but here I am! I am glad you think I am keeping on my plan...I feel like I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off. You MUST do the yoga...it is good for the soul! I am trying to do a little more yoga before the upcoming workshop....I don't want to look like an idiot. I will probably do Pure and Simple again tomorrow...or maybe Bryan Kest's easier one...I will need to center a bit before the sleepover. I did some reading on Kest's website last night and it was very interesting...You may want to check it out when you get a chance. With all of that extra time you have...LOL! Speaking of extra time, any word on the thesis??

Laurie...
So glad Cami was a good running partner for you this morning. Did you get DD to workout with you this evening?? I guess if I stay pretty looped from the meds the divas will have a great time tomorrow night...LOL! DD and I are going to set up an obstacle course for them in the backyard and CBL is planning on coming over to run it with them...Should be fun....It will include bubbles, hula hoops, a princess tunnel, and a slip and slide. Shuush! Sorry the knee is giving you problems. I hate that! My glute is still bugging me today...I didn't have my regular female masseuse today and had a guy instead...I wasn't comfortable with asking him to rub my butt....lol. I will go see my regular gal next week when she is back if I need to. Hope you DD has a great time at the state meet this weekend.

Patricia...
Sounds like it was a good idea to take the day off yesterday...especially with giving blood. LOL about nodding and just agreeing with whatever DH says when he is talking to you while on the computer...Doesn't he know that you are busy??? Silly men. Funny, I almost called my mom to pick up my DD from school yesterday...but I was fine...I will have plenty of drugs left over for Toronto! My doc gave me lots...I guess I know who to go to if I need any other prescription medications...LOL. My massage guy did rub my head for a long time today. It felt really good. My muscles all around my neck, shoulders and head have been so tense with the pain. Good luck with the potty training....I have always heard that boys are much more difficult than girls for some reason.

Wendy...
Another shout out to you!! I bet you are busy with all of your end of the year homeschooling stuff. Hope everything is okay.

Okay....I'm out of here...gotta pay attention to the last hour of 'Lost'. See you all tomorrow!!

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good evening,
Busy day at work today, but think it's been 3 days in a row that I've taken the time to go for my walk, so that's a good thing. I want to get back into the habit of it again. After work, I went for my haircut and color appointment. Will have to have full highlights next appointment as they are almost all grown out. Had a different lady do my hair as my regular gal had a hysterectomy recently so will be off for a little while. It turned out okay. Came home and mowed both lawns so goal accomplished. Need to get some weed eating done soon too. I may go for a short bike ride after work tomorrow.

Laurie, LOL about your legs being too long for the car. Wish I had that problem. On this Honda Civic, the steering wheel telescopes out. My legs are so short that telescoping is really not needed. I will definitely start using a moisturizer. Don't know why I haven't. I use Mary Kay products and I'm sure they sell one, but any suggestions for other moisturizers or wrinkle creams are welcome. Hope your DD has a good time at the state meet.

Sandra, your youngest is sure a character! I love hearing the funny things she says and does. I don't remember DS being tough to potty train. It was so obvious he was going to go poop as he'd go hide behind a chair and squat. My nephew could talk up a storm, go at the same time and you'd never know he was going. He was a little tougher for my sister to potty train. LOL about sitting in a cafe while the Tour happens. Surely you'll have a perfect day for it.

Patricia, yes ma'am, I WILL get some moisturizer for my face. I was looking thru my cabinets and couldn't find anything for my face. I have tons of lotions, creams for body, but nothing on hand for the face. I've always had slightly oil skin in the T zone, but now it's gotten dry. Still waiting for Wendy to weigh in on this one as she's the queen of being pampered. So you quit the fitness instructor course to play baseball? While in junior college back in ,ahem, 1978, I dropped out of calculus to play volleyball more. Yep, my priorities have always been a bit askew.

Kim, good that you recognize some overtraining before you get sick or injured. My hair appointment was okay. The gal's name was "Olga" and she was quite overweight, wore a tight skimpy top and had lots of tattoos on her arms and back. I kid you not. She did do a good job on the haircut and color. Our potluck was good. Lots of attendees. I tried not to load my plate up too much, but did go back for a leetle bit of another dessert. My weakness. Sigh. That patient of yours with the bad arm must be just miserable. Don't know how people handle that endless pain. Drugs I guess. Your trip sounds really fun. Yukon. Love that name. Of course I think of "Yukon Cornelius" in Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer. How long will you be staying in Whitehorse?

Debra, I'm so glad you are feeling better, but I hope you don't have to stay on those drugs for long just to keep from having a headache. Wonder what the heck is causing it. Better you than me with the sleepover and all the girls. Know Julia will have a very good time. I can just picture her excitement. I will definitely look at the Oil of Olay. Can't believe I have neglected this. Traci and the grasshopper at the store. That was a great story, huh? I will be anxiously awaiting pictures of Julia in her dance costume. How is Polly and the Tick? I showed Polly's picture to my sister and Mom last weekend. Of course I showed all you girls from the retreat too, but they laughed at Polly and thought she was a love. So CBL is going to go thru the obstacle course too? What next, a facial and makeup for him too? What won't that man do?

Better sign off now, not sure what workout I'll do tomorrow, probably a cardio of some kind. Maybe kickbox? Hmmmm. I'm not a big kickbox fan, but it would be good for me for sure.

Jeanette

Hey There!

I'm sorry I've been MIA these past couple of days. I've been so exhausted with trying to get everything caught up before the end of our school year. Remind me of this the next time I get an itch to fly off to some third world country for a couple of months!!! My MIL and Phil did help, but they didn't cover anywhere near what I normally cover in one day. I felt too guilty to ask them to pick up the pace. Anyhow, now it's time to pay the piper.:-(

Tonight, I finally broke down and bought a children's and student dictionary for the girls. Prior to this purchase, the twins were using Scholastic's First Dictionary and eldest dd was using an old Webster's Collegiate Dictionary!!! Can you believe the girls actually took their dictionaries to bed tonight!!! That's just not normal!!! Had I known this earlier, they might have been done with high school by now!!!:7 :+

I've also been too tired to workout. I did CW the other day, but nothing else thus far. I think the combo of TTOM right around the corner and pollen covering every corner has gotten to me. I won't have time to workout tomorrow since I'm homeschooling in the AM, getting my hair colored in the afternoon, and driving to MIL's house in the evening. The soonest that I'll be able to have any time is Sunday after my massage, and I really don't see that happening!!!!!!!! I think this is going to be a true rest week for me. Starting on Monday, I'm there with you Jeanette!!!! Pinkie Promise.:)

So, let's see what ya'll have been up to these days....

Debra: Oh Hon, I'm so happy you're finally drugged!!! :+ I hope these drugs help relieve some of your head pains!!! Oh, I see the effects. Not good. A mean drunk is never fun!!! Do you think you'll ask for a change in meds, or play this out and see if your body adjusts to the new meds? How sweet of CBL bringing you dinner. He's a sweetie!!! But, it's not enough to tempt me to grab his glutes anytime soon!:7 Oooo! You hurt your glutes?!?! Well, sharing your drugs is still not enough to tempt me to grab yours either!!!!!:7 :7 :7 Shuush! If I keep up these rest days, I'll be wearing the Amish swimsuit!!!x(

Patricia: My, you were in a chatty mood this AM! Work must have be less stressful today!:) I hope your ds doesn't have anything serious!!!

Jeanette: Sorry, you're on your own with circuits this week. However, I'm with you starting on Monday. What's the plan? I'll have to go back to yesterday's post and see if you have any thoughts. That must be tough to keep up a clean diet with all the retirees in your life!!! Oooo! A date with the salon! Hope you had a marvelous time!!! Isn't it wonderful after getting your hair colored, cut, and styled. It has to take off 10 years!!! At least, that's what I tell dh all that money is doing for me! :7 Jeanette, I swear by Tropical Skin Smoother from MyChelle!!! I started using it after we met though. Anyhow, it totally made my fine lines a heck of lot less noticeable!!! It's marketed for people with sun damaged skin. Although, I don't consider my skin sun damaged, it did looks a bit weathered after my trips to Thailand. Prior to using MyChelle, I used Oil of Olay's Total Effects. But, my skin is responding much better to the MyChelle products!!! How much do I love you!!!! But, I do think you need new contacts.:7 I do NOT look like I'm 20 years old!!!! Maybe, 25.:7 Yeah, in my dreams!!!!:7 :7

Laurie: Thank you dear for thinking of me slaving away with the math, english, science, history, spelling, reading, and, let's not forget the all important character building study.:7 I wish I was more organized. I still haven't put together all the paperwork for the evaluation. I have 14 more days. How much you wanna bet that I wait until the night before the paperwork is due?!?!?! Darn it! I wish I was more of a brown noser like Debra!!!:p :+ ;) I would love to do an X+ rotation with you, Sandra and Tracy. But, right now isn't the best time. Maybe I'll join ya'll in July. Or do it on my own if you guys notice any gains in strength and inches lost. I have a bathing suit to squeeze into in August. So, I need you all to take before and after measurements!!!!! I asked dh how much we had to pay when the deer rammed into our car. It was $100 too. I thought it was called the dumb animal act... Act of Nature sounds more PC though.:D

Sandra: I'm here!!! Even when I'm not on here chatting a mile a minute, believe me... Ya'll haunt me in my sleep!!!:p :+ Sandra, I wouldn't worry too much about the potty training. Peer pressure does wonders! One of my dc, whose name shall not be mentioned, was always too lazy to go until she got to preschool. When I found out that she always went to the bathroom at preschool, but not at home, I almost hit the roof! I told her that I had enough of changing stinky pull-ups! Enough! I wasn't buying any more pull-ups. Thankfully, she was physically and emotionally ready to handle my temper tantrum!:+ Then the other child, who shall remain nameless, took ONE day to potty train. No mess, no fuss. Of course, she was 3.5 at the time. She was ready and waiting for me to get off my lazy tush and talk her through it. ;-) I never had any problems with the boys. It was so long ago, I barely remember most of it. I do remember they were easier than the girls. Go figure?

Kim: Howdy Stranger! Thanks for the link! What a fun day that must have been for you!!! I still say you need to post some more pictures of yourself! I suggest taking pictures right after a hair appointment! That's when I get my driver's license renewed... months after it expires. I'm so bad about that! The ladies here know all too well. I can't imagine your life! Work and piano lessons on top of it all! UGH! Do you have to sit with your dc when they practice the piano or are they good students and focus their attention to the task at hand? Eldest dd starts harp lessons again in July. I'm not looking forward to sitting with her for hour long practices every day. If I don't sit with her, it's wasted time. I think it's because everything comes so easy for her!!! She doesn't know how to mentally focus and give it her all like my twins. My twins struggle for everything!!! I never have to worry that they are not giving their all. Maybe it's my fault that she's never had to learn how to focus more independently. I'm your typical Asian mother when it comes to eldest dd... I know how to apply the pressure.:7 :+ Take lots of pictures of your trip/conference!!! I'd love to see what it looks like too!

Okay ladies, I'm off to bed. It's 1 AM here in PA.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Wendy

I see that Jeanette has already posted tonight. Can someone remind her to look here tomorrow morning. She always thinks she's the last one to post! I wonder why?!?!?!:)

Okay, good night for real!
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.