^^^^^ cLEAN & tidy tuesday ^^^^^

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Happy Tuesday Morning! One day down, four to go!

What's going on today with your workout, your menu, and your life in general?

DRINK YOUR WATER!

I am up late, still sleepy, I think I hit the snooze about eight times... WHOOPS!

Workout this morning is 4DS Legs Premix, which is good since I am running late!! I will do Core this evening after work.

Menu will be as follows...

B cereal
S cheese, crackers, apple slices
L grilled chicken & veggies leftovers
S banana and Kashi bar
D lean hamburger "steak", grilled onions, green beans

By the way, the wedding is Memorial Day weekend, Sunday May 25, 2008, in Nags Head, NC. All are invited!

Katie, Sleeping in sounds really nice! How long is that premix? Sounds great! Good menu! How was the Kashi bar? Must've been okay if you're eating it again. What kind of cereal do you eat?

Jenn, I wrote you back last night!

Steph, Since we all know you're the oatmeal queen, how do you prepare yours?

My menu:
b - wheat chex, apple or banana
s - I'll be at preschool today: apple or banana (whichever I didn't eat this AM)
l - chicken breast, SALSA!, maybe romaine, but I just love plain chicken and salsa
s - I'll probably finish off the salsa w/ some fiber crackers
d - not sure....

I find that the hot salsa keeps me from putting salt on my chicken.
For dinner, today is DH's bday and I was going to make him a rea\lly awesome filet mignon but I am going to be so busy and stressed today I told him I can't. He's totally fine w/ it. We might go to Outback, in whick case I would get a grilled chicken salad. I'll be at preschool all morning and this afternoon MIL is going to watch the girls because there is so much work to do its not even funny. I am really bummed because I wanted to make this dinner really bad. I had 4 awesome recipes I was going to make and now I'll be making none. Oh well, I guess. I'll make it for him this weekend.

My sis is making him Lemon Meringue Pie, a total wekaness of mine. I feel great and lean and I don't want to eat any!!! Help!!! It'd be nice to say to just have a small piece, but I don;t think I could!

W/o will be GS BSB.

EXCITING NEWS!!! After my workout tonight I have to clear the Great Room out because we're getting it painted Wednesday!!! I'm so excited! It's kind of tan now (the ONLY neutral I have in the house) and I'm tired of neutral. Hard to describe, but it's going to be kind of a mustard yellow! I hope it turns out okay. Whenever I get a notion to paint DH rolls his eyes but he always likes how it turns out. I should take a few pics to show you some of it.

Hope everyone has a good day. See you later!

Morning

Hey Katie are you up yet?

Lemon meringue pie :9 :9 . What kind of mustard yellow Kate, dark or bright? Enjoy your new room color, which is always fun. When I paint I always have to change the window curtains, so one year I just put up vertical binds (light beige). This way the paint will always have to be a neutral color. One of my mini-rooms is the color of salmon, which makes me smile because it is silly. I use this room for storage only.

My w/o Imax2 and C&W abs
b-egg whites
s-yogurt
l-chicken and brocoli
d-tortellini and veggies
s-Fiber one bar (I getting use to it, I'm only tooting now :D )

My chest hurts but I'm not sure if it is because of the w/o yesterday (GS-Chest) or because I have a chest cold. Anyway, I took some Mucinex DM.

Changing my breakfast plan, I am having 2 Kashi blueberry waffles with a cup of skim milk.

Kate, the Lower Body Premix is 31 minutes, but it has no warm up or stretch. It ended up taking me about an hour with all of that, plus pausing to switch weights and such. The cereal that I usually eat is Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds -- not the cleanest, but it certainly could be worse. That's awesome about the painting -- definitely post pics! Chris and I are painting his whole house in the coming months, and I had so much fun picking the colors. Our living room is going to be an orange color!! The Kashi bar yesterday was pretty good, not the best bar that I have had, but certainly healthier than most. I liked the contrast between the tartness of the cheeries and the sweetness of the dark choc. chips. Not sure if I will have that again today or a protein bar.

Robin, hope you get to feeling better! I can't imagine GS C&T DOMS AND a chest cold!! I noticed you are having tortellini for dinner -- good for you! What kind is it? Great workout today!!

Good morning ladies,

Kate I wrote you back also last night. I had my first lara bar yesterday it was choc coconut. Pretty good. I decided to try them because a lot of people on these boards rave about them. Hannaford was having a sale 4 for $5.. But my fav bar is Luna bars they are so good.

I'm glad to see someone else is on this board later at night. I don't get home from work until 7pm and then its dinner, clean up so by the time I get to checking in its close to 9pm and then I'm usually in bed by 10pm.

Katie I also wrote you back also in regards to Slo-Mo. Amy is completely different from Cathe. What I like about Amy is the music in her workouts. Amy does 3 sets of each exercise and can at times use a lot of equipment. I don't have the patience for 3 sets. My mind wanders and I get bored. I think this is why I like cardio and circuit work. But if your look for a new twist on weights Amy's a good pick. Her dome workout is fun.

Robin I hope its just muscle soreness and not a chest cold. It's going to be up in the 60's today. Warm day for us NYers. Hopefully melt some of this snow.

Hi Shirl, Steph and Colleen.

I'm very frustrated this morning I step on the scale and its up again. WTF!! x( Up 4lbs since Saturday, there is no way. And I've been watching and journaling what I eat.

Jenn

Good morning clean and tidy peeps!!

Its so warm in Toronto today, record highs, so strange for Canada, but i'll take it for sure.

Katie, i would love to come to your wedding! Who knows, maybe we can arrange for a clean meetup, and we can buy you presents and stuff! Good menu,and workout, i've not done any of the 4D premixes really, i'm going to have to check them out. What's today's question? You're so good at them, now i'm used to seeing them!

Kate, you must take pictures of the new room, i love interior design! Happy Birthday to DH too! yeah for him. Tonight sounds fun, i'm sure a slice of lemon meringue isnt too bad. And i'm sure DH will love his B-day dinner too!

Robin, I hope you're not getting sick again! Maybe it was the IMAX 2! That's a heavey breather for sure. I'm eyeballing your tortelini, i love pasta!

Well, today, workout, gonna try total body, shoulder feels okay right now, but i'm on painkillers for it, so i have to remember its feeling better because of that. I think i'll do MIS/BARR tonight if all works out.

Menu!
Oatmeal (i use steel irish oats, quick cook, 1 s protein powder, i scoop hemp, cinnamon, and PGX, which is a fibre blend)-then i nuke that for 3 minutes, and put blueberries and kamut puffs, and almond milk on it!)
s: quark, almonds, and pro powder
L: tofu soup, carrots/celery sticks, hummus, apple
s: wasa toast/almond butter
d: steamed veggies/lentils, yogurt
s: puffed wheat/almond milk
BBL!
Steph

Good Morning Everyone!

Still congested today but I am at work. I really don't feel sick enough to stay home and I would probably go out and run into to someone from work. Since my boss it out with the flu a lot of my meetings are canceled so maybe I can make this a short day for me - 8 hours.

Jenn, I usually don't get home from work until 7 either. I am usually too tired after dinner to post.
Robin, sorry about your chest cold. It's always worse when you have DOMS. Take care of yourself.
Katie, I really like Amy's Slo-Mo. I don't mind doing 3 sets because I really feel the burn. I couldn't walk after I did her Slo-Mo legs.
Kate, you definitely have a big temptation tonight. I am sorry you can't make dinner for DH. My DH and I usually agree that we celebrate birthdays on the weekends. That way we don't have the pressure during the week.
Steph, where do you get your oatmeal? Don't overdo it with your shoulder.

Hi Shirl!

Today is a rest day so no workout.
b: shredded wheat
s: banana
l: grilled chicken salad
s: orange, cheesestick
d: lean steak tacos

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm finally getting a chance to checkin. I did YogaX this morning. I haven't done this one in a while; it's a 92 minute workout. I really like it.

Colleen and Robin, I hope you feel better soon. Work days seem to drag by when you don't feel well.

Katie, I really like all of Amy's workouts. She works you hard and has a lot of energy. I don't mind doing 3 sets b/c it's the 3rd set that I need to make the change in my muscle.

Steph, Take care of your shoulder and try not to over do it. It's not worth it. My BF goal is 16%. Have you done any research on women's BF and hormones in their late 30's, early 40's?

Kate, It sounds like you have another busy day. Enjoy going out to dinner with DH. Tell him we said Happy Birthday!

Jenn, I usually get home after 7pm too, but I don't go to work until early afternoons. I homeschool my 3 children and then go to work to get a break. LOL

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hello!

Jenn, how do you feel? Do you feel like your weight has gone up? Kate went through this last week, then took i think 2 rest days, and the scale went down again..frickin scales!

Colleen, an 8 hour workday is short...yikes, maybe the stress isnt helping with you congestion! Take the rest day. I get my oatmeal at whole foods, we have 2 in Ontario, but i think there are lots in the States. Its McCann's, delish!

Shirl, i dont know of any research, i know that in child bearing years, low BF isnt great, can lose your cycle etc. 16% is low, good for you!
BBL
Steph

Jenn, don't let the scale get you down, it fluctuates so much from day to day. I really want to try some Amy workouts, I think I will ask for several for my birthday. Thanks for the input!!

Steph, take it easy with the shoulder today. I'd love to have some of you at the wedding, although I worry that I would forget all about Chris, hehe! Sorry about the lack of question today, my brain was still asleep this morning. I will try to do better tomorrow!:)

Colleen, isn't it a beautiful day out today? Glad you are feeling better, try to get home early and get some extra rest. Great menu planned for today!!

Shirl, glad to see you! 18% body fat is great, I have NO idea what mine is, I should really get that checked. How can I do that I wonder...?

Clean lunch, then back to work! Have a great afternoon!!

Boy, I miss a lot when I'm at preschool!

Robin, Salmon sounds so cool! My yellow is a dark bright is that makes sense. Will post a pic when its done. This also means a new couch and shades!!! Shopping spree!! Good menu & workout! You're on a roll! Hope your chest is feeling better.

Katie, Good to know about the Kashi bar.

Jenn, I 'll be your late-night check-in pal! I'll be up crazy late again tonight! Sorry about the ### - how do your clothes feel?

Steph, Thanks for the oatmeal tip! I have steel cut oats and regular oatmeal - I need to do some experimenting. Hope your workout goes good. When you get the Bar DVD and Classical Stretch do you have different ones - I checked it out last night and it seemed like there was a couple of different versions. I'd love to order both...and a few more too! shhhhhh.....;)

Colleen, Sounds like you need a rest WEEK! Any vacations planned?

Shirl - 90 minutes of yoga!!! WOW!

Day is going good. Hope you all are doing good too. Looking forward to my workout tonight....only 7 hours to go!

Kate!
Are you cooking up a storm for tonight?
I have Barr method, its a 2 pack, one is called fatfree and the other is designer sculting, they come together in one box.
Classical stretch, Miranda has tons of them. I have total body workout/intense athlete stretch, the are also together on the same DVD. Both are great stretch workouts for sure.
Steph

Steph, I wish I was cooking!! We have so much paperwork to do it's insane. I promised Mike I would make him his dinner this weekend. I'm going to take him to Outback and he can get a giant steak there. Thanks for the info on the DVDs - I'm going to order them tonight. Also ordering GS Legs

Thinking about ordering KickMax - who has this one? Do you like it? What's good/bad about it?

Oh, Man, My Visa is screamin' already!!!

Don't forget to drink your water everybody!!!

Kate, what about the fillet mignon?

I have kickmax, i like KPC better though. KM has high intensity drills that will shake your ass off, and leg drills are good too. I wont say anything negative about a Cathe workout though, i'm totally biased!!
Steph

I'm the same way (won;t say negative about Cathe!) but I have favorites too. The filet mignon is not happenin'. Wish it was! I have never even tried it and I don't want to. I don't want to find out I like a fatty piece of beef! I was going to make grilled chicken salad for me! I'll probably still have one - hopefully Outback has salsa! If not, I'll ask for extra tomatoes.

Drinking my water, keepin' out of the kitchen, feelin' lean!

Hey, Steph, Question for ya: When you do those stretch workouts do you do those on "rest" days or are they actually pretty intense and you count it as a workout? I'm just thinking baout how I'll use them in a rotation. Thanks!

Hey Kate
My pyramids came today!!! whooohoo!
That's my little excitment over with :)
I use classical stretch on my rest days, the instructor says do them 3x/week, but i'm lucky because my flexibilty is good. Barr, i tack on the end of a full body weight workout, so tonight, i did upper body premix MIS and Barr lower body chapters. You could definately do them on their own though as a workout for sure.
I'm sure you're crazy busy tonight, hope you got your workout in!! I know you were looking forward to it.
Steph

Steph, Oh, you will love the Pyramids. The most effective UB w/o, hands down. Congrats! Thanks for the tips on the workouts. My flexibility is HORRIBLE! Hopefully this will help. Sounds like it will!

I ended up picking up Outback and brought it home for Mike to enjoy. Ordered cheeseburgers fo rthe kids and made scr. egg whites and green peppers for myself. And, um, lemon pie. It was so good! I cut myself a very small slice.....then I polished off DDs without even thinking about it. Now I feel really gross. Yuck. Lesson learned. Again. And again. And again. Will go do GS BSB after kids go to bed.

BBL...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.