^^^^^ Clean & Tidy Monday ^^^^^

I am exhausted! We had Chris's work party last night, so we got home late. Fell asleep about 11:15 pm, back up at 4:45 am. YUCK!

Today I am only working half a day -- I have a dentist appt to get some cavities filled, as well as some old fillings fixed. All in all I am getting FIVE fillings today! I told them I was NOT coming back to work.

After the dentist, I am planning to come home a take an Advil or two and lay down for a few minutes. Last time I went to the dentist I had a horrible migraine after. Then I am picking up Collin from pre-school early and we are going to the paint your own pottery place to work on x-mas presents.

I am sticking with the 4DS rotation for two more weeks, then I will do a more cardio-focused rotation closer to x-mas and New Years. Here is what I plan for the next two weeks...
M Chest & Back / HIS
T Shoulders, Calves, Core / KBX
W Bis & Tris / LIS
T Legs & Core / extended stretch / no cardio
F non-step cardio (app. 50 minutes)
S step cardio or circuit (70 - 90 minutes)

I ate like crap this weekend -- LOTS of calories. My weight is up FOUR pounds in two days -- WTH? My mind knows that is not really possible, but it still gets to me. What could be the deal with that?

Menu today...
B protein shake
S half sandwich
L beans & rice (mexican leftovers)
S apple slices, string cheese
D chicken pasta

Have a good day, everyone!

Good Morning Gang!

Im ready to actually start a clean and tidy week!:) I haven't been doing so good! Ugh...anywayssss!!!!

Katie** I went out for Indian food a couple of weekends ago and the next day my scale was up 4 lbs! In one day! I can only imagine the salt that must be in Indian food. It was the first time I had had it so you can imagine my stomaches discomfort! I need some work done with my teeth as well. We don't have insurance so its wuit costly! The last time I had a filling it cost me $170! I just wish I could go, get all the work done and then maintain it. I have a couple fillings that need to be filled and I know if I soon don't get them done, they will start causing problems. I hope you don't get a headache!

Thats it from moi! Todays workout is gonna be cardio and UB! Also hoping to get out and get some chopping done!

Lori:)

Hi Gals,

I've been lurking around your check in for a while.:7 I like reading your menus and would like to start to get clean & tidy. So I guess I'm asking if I can join your check in? :7

I guess I should introduce myself and tell you a little about me. My name is Jennifer, I will be 37 this month(12/18). I live in upstate NY. I'm married 3yrs now, and have a 9 year old step daughter. I work for the post office. I work out with Cathe, Amy Bento and Tracey Staehle. I weigh 172 and can't seem to break the mold. I would love to lose 50lbs and I know that my diet is my weakness.

Katie what kind of protien shake do you use? I just bought two cans of designer whey one chocolate and one vanilla. I have never used protien powder so I'm a little apprehensive but I think it will make for an easy bfast.

I too need to go the dentist but will not have insurance until January. Katie I hope you don't get a headache.

Todays workout will be ASC2 premix and Glute Camp. I'm planning on doing the December rotation with some minor substitions.

Jenn
;-)

Monday Monday, can't trust that daaaaaaaaay. Everyone Sing along.

We are having a Christmas party at work and we needed to buy a $5 gift. WTH :eek: for an adult. Well I was able to find a pretty white snowmen picture frame for $7.99 and that will have to do. Those cheap people I work withx(

Hi Jenn welcome.I live in NYC (Queens) how was your snowy Sunday :) Hitting a plateau is hard to break. Your workouts are great so it may be your diet. This is my situation. I haven't broken through my plateau of 160 (+ or - 2 pounds) in a month. My weight is almost the same 160.5. I guess in January I'll be able to break through. This month I'm trying just to maintain my weight.

Katie good luck at the Dentist and you may need 3 Advils after looking over that bill. Don't sweat the 4# just watch your salt intake and drink water and tea.

Lori I have Dental Insurance but the co-payments when I take my kids kill me.I usually take care of them first then in the summer take care of myself.

No w/o today, rest day for me :)
b-egg whites and OJ
s-cashews
l- chicken soup leftovers
d-chop BBQ porktenderloin and veggies
s- seeds

Good morning Lori, Jenn, Robin, and all who follow!

My workout was NOT great this morning -- I was tripping all around the step, and that damn christmas tree in the way did not help!

I did eat mexican food this weekend, and I was gulping down water afterwards. Maybe that is what caused the water retention.

Jenn, welcome to the check in! Hopefully we can provide some support and guidance for you to shed some of those pounds. Your workouts look great!

I am gonna be late for work as usual... Check back in after the dentist!

Good Morning Everyone!

Jenn - welcome to our forum. I was a contractor at the USPS headquarters in DC. Never a dull moment there :) Anyway, I found that making small changes to eating clean and lifting heavier weights has really helped me to lose inches.
Robin - loved the pictures. Your girl scouts are so cute!
Katie - good luck at the dentist. I am lucky to have good teeth but my DH is not. I learned a lot about dental work after I married him.
Steph - my husband was in the same situation as you until we got married. He had so much dental work the first couple of years we were married I thought I was going to get calls from the insurance company.
Shirl - I use alexia sweet potato fries. I have not tried to make own yet.
Kate - I decided to do the December rotation and modify for the DVD's I don't have. I don't want to buy anything until Cathe's workout blender comes out. My DH already bought me an Apple TV.

w/o was Drill Max - Scrambled Cardio Blast
b: kashi flakes
s: fruit
l: tbd
s: fruit
d: london broil

I tried Larabars over the weekend. I liked the Apple Pie but I did not like the Chocolate mint because it had almonds in it (I don't like nuts in my chocolate - I like chocolate, I like nuts but not together). It is nice to have a bar that doesn't taste like cardboard.

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

Hi all,

I got my workout in. I did ASC2 and the standing work from glute camp.

Now I am off to get ready to go to Atlantic City for the overnight. My sister and I are taking my grandmother for her bday, we are staying at the Borgato, I hope I win some money.:)

B- light english muffin w/pb&honey + 8oz milk
S-protein shake made with water.

The rest of my meals are undecided but I am going to make a concious effort not to go overboard or crazy. Wish me luck!!

Jenn
;-)

Good Morning Everyone!

Welcome Jenn! I hope you have fun with your sister and grandmother! Good luck with your meals and I hope you win some money too. Having a meal plan truly helps. I live in the upstate NY area too. Good workout!

Colleen, I really like larabars, if you like ginger, the gingersnap ones are good too. Love the workout! What rotation are you following? I bake my sweet potato fries in the oven with some garlic, pepper and sea salt.

Katie, Ouch! 5 fillings! Good plan not to go back to work. Have fun with Collin making pottery.

Robin, I loved your pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us. Your DD & DS are beautiful!

Lori, Have fun shopping today and good luck with the clean & tidy eating.

Steph, Your haircut sounds very cool. You must have nice hair if your friend has you model for her. That sounds like fun! How is your back?

Kate, How's it going girl? You must be busy today.

I weighed in this morning - no change. My workout was 4DS chest&back first and then HIS.

menu
b-banana and protein shake
s-wheat chex and raisins
l-tuna & lg. salad
s-1/2 suncake (yummy all natural protein & fiber source)
d- not sure - going to our pastor's house for dinner

Lots and lots of water!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hello cLean and tidy friends!!

I'm sneaking away from my intern to peek in!

Welcome Jenn! So great to have another member

Shirl, my back is so much better since the chiropractor. I still go 2x/week. I have also cut back my total workout time, and i think that helped. Thank you for asking. I let my hairdresser do what she wants, its not always good :) I love HIS, i find the music really good

Katie, rotation looks great, sorr about the dentist though. I have coverage as well through work like Robin, but us Canadians, dont have the co pay.

Lori, Indian food, i think its the sodium! It can be high fat too, i know for me, its usually water retention, big time

Robin, $5!! I thought we were bad at $15! You can pretty close though. My secret santa at work is pregnant, and i have already spent about $40, i cant help it.

Colleen, I have a larabar at home, the apple pie, havent tried it either. I have heard the cherry pie one is good as well.

Well, workout will be Amy Bento, KBX i think, and some core work. I was not so clean this weekend, so i need to make up today

B: oatmeal
s: none, teaching
l: corn chowder, celery/carrots, hummus, apple
s: ryveta and nat PB
d: egg white omelette, ezekial, big salad with left over spinach, and fruit
s: yogurt and puffed kamut!
BBL
Steph

Thanks girls I usually take pictures only around the holiday and never of myself. Jenn enjoy your mini-vacation and WIN some money.

Shirl suncake, that's new to me. enjoy your dinner.

I just got the nerve up to call this guy. So I'm waiting for him to call me back.

Our Christmas party at work is not until next week and I pull out a guy's name ($5 grab bag gift). I guess that picture frame is not right for a guy.:-(

My Girls!!!! Welcome Jenn!!!!!! So glad to see a new face! Help keep us motivated!

I wish I had more time for personals with everyone but it's such a crazy day. DH and I had a HUGE talk yesterday about stress levels and (his) priorities. Not that we have a bad marriage, but work is definetly coming ahead of it lately. I feel really good about our talk. How you hangin' in Steph?

b - cheerios, HUGE banana
s - apple
l - spinach salad w/ grilled chicken, corn, salsa; grapes
s - tbd
d - probably a repeat of lunch

I feel so relieved about our talk last night that I am eating so good today. He even wants to start working out with me, which would be hugely motivating. When he was into lifting a couple of years ago he ate super clean. Hopefully he'll get really into it again!

Tonight is either BodyMax2 cardio or Muscle Max - depends if he's really going to workout with me or not.

Husbands....hard to live with 'em, wouldn't live without 'em!

BBL....

I am home from the dentist, and it was not bad! I think the cleaning a few weeks ago was worse! All the scrapping....ugghhhh!

Sounds like everyone is having a good day, great workouts, good food.

I am tempted to lay down for a few minute nap but I know what I shouldn't. I think I will make some coffee (I need the warmth -- brutally cold here today) and put on some jeans and a hoodie, then go get Collin from school. He is always super excited when I pick him up early!

I will check back in when Collin and I get home from pottery!

Kate!!
I'm so happy to hear that..it makes all the difference in the world, just talking. And you got him to work out with you?? Sweet! I couldnt get that far for sure. This will help the emotional eating stuff so much! When i read your post, i felt so relieved for you :)
DH and i have big issues with his family that he needs to step up and resolve, i cant do anything, literally the ball is in his court. I am now able to talk to him though, through a year of counselling!!

Katie, its freezing here too! I'm jealous, but i went and grabbed a coffee after reading your post :)
Enjoy picking up Colin.

Robin, i forgot to mention I checked out your pics last night. Christmas looks like so much fun at your house!! WE are all going to have to come by :)
Steph

Katie- How is your afternoon with Collin? I need to do something like that w/ my girls too. We get motivated in all sorts of ways here, don't we?:)

Steph - Thanks so much for your kind words. Inlaw issues are so hard. Thankfully, DH lets me vent about his family w/out him getting upset. (cause he does it about mine too!!!:7 )

Just finished BM2 cardio premix. I haven't done this in ages! I loved it! Katie, I remember you saying you loved PowerSegment 2. So much fun. I could do that one everyday! Will do MM tonight even if Mike doesn't do it w/ me. I hated missing it yesterday so double-up today. DDs were so good while I worked out. They are making me "protein food for my recovery" in their kitchen!

Today is a really great day. Hope you all are having one too!

I'm home and the painting was so much fun! Collin did such a great job, with minimal help from mommy! He made coffee cups for Chris, Grandma, and Grandpa. Since he was so good, I let him make one for himself too!

The place I took him is called You Made It! You go, pick the pottery pieces you want, pick out your paints, and brushes. They also have sponges of all sorts of shapes, letters, patterns, etc. That's a little advanced for Collin, so he just picked two colors per person and sponged on the paint. Then you leave the pieces and they glaze them and fire them for you, and you can pick them up in one week. Can't wait to see how they turn out!

I am hungry but sort of afraid to eat. I did not have an afternoon snack because I was nervous about eating with my new fillings. I will make an early dinner tonight and eat soon, and that way I can go to bed early too! I am TIRED!!

Kate, good luck getting DH to work out with you tonight!

Glad the pottery went well, Katie. We did it when Isabel was just over 2, and, um, her plate is a mess, but a beautiful 2-year-old mess.:)

We ended up going out to dinner (DH's idea!) and I had a salad - did great! I wanted a big bowl of bolognese but I resisted.

Headed down soon to do MM - we'll see if DH joins me! I'll let you know....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.