/\/\/\clean&tidaytuesday/\/\/\

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning friends,

I slept SOOOOO much better last night (took some nyquil b/c my head was just pounding) and I'm feeling so much better this morning. Prob won't WO today but definitely tomorrow. My goal is to get all 3 GS in this week along with one other cardio. 4 days this week is going to be my goal! I also need to get a run or two in!

I kept the girls home from school today. Anna had a 102 fever y'day and I just wanted to give her a day to rest. They're happily watching Little Einsteins right now.

Kate, LOVED LOVED LOVED your little poem. The last part is the story of my life. :)

Klaudia, I think sometimes it's easy to get into a slump. Just make yourself do SOMETHING. It doesn't have to be big, just get it done and make it a part of your day. You'll be glad you did.

Robin, I'm so glad that you're getting good results from STS! It's so encouraging isn't it. Do you have specific goals for it?

Anne, how was tap? I think it's so fun that you do that! How is 4DS treating you this week? I enjoyed it last week!

Katie, you're scaring me with the push up talk! I don't know if I'll be able to handle STS... maybe next year! :)

Colleen, cheeseburger yum! I miss a good American cheeseburger - the only place I can get one is at McDonald's and it's not quite the same. At least I can get American cheese there! :) What's your review on STS? Are you liking it as much as Robin?

Morris, how are things? I love your consistency with your WOs! It's awesome! Enjoy your outdoor run today!

Okee dokee. We have NOOOO food in the house and I can't go to the store with sick kids so I have to make a list for Ryan. I had pineapple for breakfast. No clue what I'll have for lunch. I think there's some cooked chicken and I can have a wrap of some sort... out of salsa too. Geesh.

Have a happy Tuesday everyone. Can't believe this month is over half over!

angie

Hey Angie, take it easy again today and then get back into the game tomorrow. Rememeber that GS has timesavers if you need to use those.

My stomach is a bit upset this morning:eek: I am about to hop on the treadmill anyway, wish me luck.

Yesterday's eats were about 80/20, so good day for me.

Back to work today, and I have court this afternoon to boot:mad:

Be back soon!

Afternoon - just finished lunch. Found some leftover taco meat so I had a taco. It tasted so good. We hadn't found good taco seasoning here and Ryan's mom just brought a huge McCormick's bottle from Costco! YUM. Wanted something snacky afterwards and got out a bag of tortilla chips but realized I was full and put it back. YAY me.

I forgot to mention that I got my PS! I'm going to do it with GS next month. And Ryan said he's ready to clean up his eating so hopefully we're heading down a good road together! French desserts... no more!

Katie, I hope your not getting a stomach bug. I'll be sick any way but the stomach flu. UGH!!! Sorry about court today! Hang in there. At least you only have 4 days this week!

Oh, Ryan turns 30 on April 12. I'd like to give him a gift for each day of the month in April (there are 30 days...) Any good ideas? Some will be big, some small... would love some input. Need to make it extra special!

BBL.
angie

Stomach is much better, hope it stays that way. WO was good -- 40ish minute interval run, 350 cals, I feel great!

Angie, cute idea for Ryan's birthday. Nothing comes to mind right off, i'll think on it. What does he like?

Hi Everyone!

Off to the DMV this morning to return the tags on my old car. They require you to continue to insure your car until you return your tags. Otherwise they revoke the registration on any existing cars you have. It should be quick (at least I hope so) because they have a special counter for tag returns.

Angie, I am glad you are feeling better. No ideas for Ryan yet but I will think about it. I am really enjoying STS and even the DOMS I get after every workout.
Kate, glad your stomach is better. ^5 on the workout.

w/o was Imax 2
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: grilled chicken salad, banana
s: blueberries w/ yogurt, broccoli & cauliflower
d: something w/ chicken

Angie sorry about kids being sick but at least you got a good night sleep. Let's see a gift for 30 y.o. guy besides you-know-what :D;). Is he into home repairs, sports, music?
My STSgoals are to get more definition in my arms. I was in gymnastics and track in HS so I still have muscle-ly legs but my upper bod needs a lot of toning.

Katie I'm glad your stomach settle down mint or ginger tea will help it too.Good going with eats

My w/o today will be Kim Spreen Absolute kick-boxing and STS core no equip.

b-oatmeal
l-left over something and salad
d-??

I need to go grocery shopping too.

Morning, everyone! Quick drive by, as I have a meeting in a few minutes. Tuesday is my heavy meeting day, lucky me. :D

Tap was so fun last night! There were only two of us there, which means we worked a lot harder than usual and I actually felt like it was a work out! I got sweaty. :p Before tap I did 4DS legs, including calves. We'll see if they start talking to me. For the first round of legs I used 50# for the squats and deadlifts, then I matched Cathe for everything else, including the 5# ankle weights. That was the first time I did that work out with my new ankle weights, it was awesome. I finished up with the core work, then the first segment of Total Body Stretching. That one really gets the lower body and I figured I'd need it.

Okay, off to meet. BBL for personals! I promise. :)

anne

angie, good job on the chip resistance!

katie, maybe there'll be some cute cops at court to make the time go by faster!

robin, sounds like youre on your way to fab arms!
i want to take adult gymnastc classes when julia is bigger:eek:

colleen, good luck at dmv!

anne, your legs are worked! woo hoo!

-----------
glad you all liked my poem!:D
did 30 min on ellip last night
sts5 tonight
crazy days here:eek::confused:. bbl...........

Kate, are there adult gymnastics classes in our area? Tap is wonderful, but gymnastics is my first love. All that tumbling and rolling around! I even took a couple of gymnastics classes at MSU. They were so fun!

Colleen, thanks for describing the user guide to me. Busy day for you?

Katie, have fun at court. Ha! Just kidding, but I hope it goes quickly for you.

Robin, you'll have smokin' arms in no time! I don't think anyone is surprised that STS really delivers results.

Angie, so glad you're feeling better! Good idea to keep the little ones home today and they get tomorrow off, too, right? I don't have ideas for Ryan yet, either, but I'll think on it and get back to you. How are you liking the heavy lifting this month? I know you've had a few unexpected days off, but those happen to all of us.

Hi to Morris and Klaudia!

Okay, confession time, I did not get up and work out this morning. But, I have tap tonight (the class where I *really* work) and I only have 3 more work outs to do this week. I will get up early the rest of the week. Honest. Really. I promise. It will happen. Seriously. I'm not kidding. Honest. I promise again. Stop torturing me!

Just kidding! :p

anne

Anne your legs are going to look like Tina turner/Madonna with all that leg work. IMO If you did tap last night then you should do legs later on in the week.

My w/o is done and STS core no weights is "crunches and planks from hell":eek: but my kickboxing was lots of fun.

Kate would you like to take a modern or Latin dance class. I would.

morning everyone - this is such a strange day for me. on the advice of my therapist and also feeling totally overwhelmed with family stuff, i am taking a day off today, for me. boys went to school at 8, i went for a 10 mile run, came home and showered ALL BY MYSELF, cleaned out a closet (my goal before we move this summer is to attack all the spots in the house we stash stuff), and just had a nice bowl of cereal. now, i am off to do errands, and maybe even shop for me! i feel strange, but i am starting to rebalance. i also slept in till 6:15 this am - uheard of for me!! hope to come home and do c and t later, but i might not get to it. i am pushing aside all the guilty feelings and really trying to re group. eats will be squeaky clean as i will not have to rush, nor will i do anything mindlessly.

angie, keep getting better!

katie, great wo, and glad your tummy is better.

robin, i love the sound of that ab workout!

anne, your workouts are awesome.

coleen, how does your work week look?

kate, i hear you on the crazy busy day!

goodmorning klaudia, how are you feeling?

i will be back later, but i have to get a move on it now.

anne, i dont actually know if theyre offered......i would just love to do it. w/ all of those types of gyms around here id think one of them would offer it:confused:

robin, i need to do abs...i always put them off

morris, can you extend that advice to me!? oh what i ould get done w/ a child-free day! sounds like youre having a good one!

getting lots done....headed out to farm market soon.....
eats are carby, but clean.....need veggies!

Hey ladies, today is going alright for me but I have a headache from hell that just won't go away. I have taken multiple doses of ibuprofen but it still hurts. If this continues, it's gonna be take out for dinner:confused:

Kate, LOL at the cute cops at court. Tuesdays are usually what we jokingly call "bad check Tuesday" -- lots of folks appearing on bad checks that they wrote, sometimes entertaining but usually just boring. ^5 on the elliptical last night!
Colleen, did you survive the DMV? I've known people to go in there and then never emerge...:p
Morris, I am SO GLAD to hear that you are taking a mental health day. We can all use one every now and then, but you especially deserve one, good for you.
Robin, LOL at your description of the core work!
Anne, you are rockin' the workouts this week. Sounds like your tap class definitely counts as cardio!

Off to court:rolleyes: Cross your fingers that my headache disappears.

I lost my post-again!!:(

Had a busy morning-volunteered in Milla's class then a trip to Target for returns. When I got home there was a strange man knocking on my door-friend of my neighbor's sister that died. They were trying to figure out what happened to my neighbor. He and his wife were just as weird, but at least they were concerned enough to drive an hour away to find out.

Going to workout today. I'm feeling much better. Will try STS1. Eats have been good except for a treat last night-peanut butter cup and a snack pack of m&m's-thanks Kate! I don't have to drive to dance and I made part of my dinner yesterday so I have the rest of the day free!

Angie, that's such a cute idea for Ryan's birthday! I gave Darrin a surprise b-day party at a restaurant with Feather Bowling for his 30th-he was totally shocked! Glad you and the girls are feeling better.

Katie, sorry about the headache:( Hope it goes away fast. Nice job on the run!

Colleen, thanks for the vibes-they worked:) Hope your DMV trip was a quick one.

Robin, nice job on the workouts. I'm the opposite-I need more muscle in my lower body-flat butt, chicken legs. According to Darrin, I have "anklves" instead of "cankles"-my calves are the same size as my ankles! Maybe one day.

Kate, you already look like a gymnast-so tiny:) I took adult ballet once-made me realize how awkward I am!

Anne, you're a workout machine! Very impressive!

Morris, you so deserve a day to yourself! Glad you got to enjoy a childfree shower-nothing like it:)

Gotta make lunch...

katie, i hope your headache goes away!
i bounced a check once and i was MORTTIFIED! total accident:eek:
nuthin wrong w/ takeout. we had lunch on he run - salad at mcd's/no dressing

klaudia, nice day!
whats the latest on the neighbor?
sorry for the m&m enabling.... we just started triple chocolate chip cookies. :eek: melted chocolate, cocoa powder, choc chips:eek::eek::eek: yeah, the batter was good:eek:
thanks for the compliment! we have a little cousin whos a gymnast - im jealous of her traps!:D on the other hand it looks WRONG for such a young girl to be so muscly
ballet???!!! theyd kick me out in the 1st 5 min!!!

its so nice out!!! cool, but SUNNY!!!!!

OMG! I'm not sure if I have the strength to type! I am fried. STS1 is done. Did pretty good-1st two sets of push ups on my toes, 17/30 on the next then dropped to my knees. All the other sets were on my toes. Weights I picked were pretty accurate except for a few shoulder exercises-I must be really weak there, especially the seated bb raise!! Need my stability ball back-I loaned it to my mom for her back so I was leaning on a chair like in P90X. Question-is the extended stretch the same on all the dvds?

Gotta get some coffee and a snack:)

Last edited:
Hey, everybody! Busy day here. Colleen must be busy, too.

Morris, I am so PROUD of you for taking a day for yourself! I know my therapist would recommend the same thing. I promise, it's easier to take care of others when you take care of yourself.

Klaudia, DOMS, eh? Wow on the pushups! I couldn't begin to do all those on my toes. You are my upper body goddess.

Katie, how was court? I hope it flew by for you.

Kate, when you're ready maybe we can look for a gymnastics class together. I know it will be a while, just keep in mind that I'm willing! I love trying new stuff.

Robin, what did you get up to today?

Angie, tell us some of Ryan's interests and then I think we'll be able to help with gift ideas. Does he like sports? What about stuffed animals of the mascots of his favorite teams? Maybe a few days of that? Or is that too girlie?

Okay, I'm not telling you what I had for lunch. Ooowwww! Stop twisting my arm! Okay already! I caved in to Famous Taco. But, I was starving and I didn't really get dinner last night. Not that that makes it okay, but that's my juicy rationalization and I'm sticking to it. Dinner will be better, we're having leftover lamb stew. We're out of naan, but I'll survive.

bbiab

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.