[:::::] squeaky clean weekend [:::::]

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Am I the first one here? My alarm didn't go off and I slept until 645 am!:confused: Guess it will be a PM workout for me today!

What are everyone's plans for the weekend? It is supposed to rain alllllllll weekend long here.

This afternoon, as an early Mother's Day surprise, Chris and I are taking our moms (and Collin is going too) to Ms. Hardesty's Tea Room for formal afternoon tea. We will get to sit around all afternoon eating tea sandiwches and scones and acting all proper. Should be fun (for everyone but Chris).

We also have soccer at 11 am and I also hope to get some shopping done this weekend.

WO will be Disk 27 shoulders/bis/tris probably around 6 pm this evening.

good morning everyone! even though i slept poorly, i feel good today. sooo glad it is the weekend. got up early and did a 5 mile speed interval run and blasts only of imax 3. ds's slept, so i added on 25min of legs and some core! of course i skipped back and bis yesterday, but i will fit that in later. dh should be home, but i have not heard yet that he is on his way. also have to mow the lawn, but i have noone to watch the kids. maybe my neighbor can help? clean breakfast done of cat cheese, fiber 1 and blueberries - yum!

katie, i find i can lift heavier later in the day for sure, which is odd b/c i am a definate morning workouter. sorry for the rain, but your tea sounds like fun. hope soccer is not too wet.

bbl

Good Morning Everyone!

Yesterday was so busy and I am glad it is the weekend. I have some work stuff to catch up on, help Chris find the leak in our shower and possibly go to a party tonight (I really don't want to go). I also have to go shopping to get my mom a Mother's Day gift.

I went to the dr yesterday for my knee and I have tendonitis. No running for the next 5 weeks and I have to go to physical therapy to learn how to stretch properly (which is good because I haven't figured out how to stretch out the inside of my knee) and then I have to continue the stretching on my own. The bad news is that I can't get a pt appt. until 5/13. I think I am going to find another place.

Robin {{{{HUGS}}}} Hang in there. That's funny you thought Cathe was talking to you. I know she asked Rob how he was doing a few times.
Katie, enjoy the extra sleep because you will need it with the swine flu going around. My town has a probable case of the swine flu.
Kate, yeah! no carnival! I hope the girls aren't sick.
Anne, how was B&G?
Morris, hope your neighbor can help with the lawn.
Klaudia, how are you enjoying your kid free weekend?
Lisa, did you get your workout in last night?

Off to make breakfast - maybe I will have eggs.

Happy Saturday!

Slept in til 8! Having my coffee and planning my attack-need to clean the girls' closet and organize their clothes, clean the bathrooms, and make some returns/shop. Oh, and fit in some cardio. I think we'll grill tonight and rent a movie:) Tomorrow my gf and I are going to the kb class!

Katie, Darrin would not survive that tea! We go to a private club for brunch with Santa and it kills him. Have fun!

Morris, nice workout! Afternoon is really the best time to workout from a physical standpoint-your body temp is at its highest, etc. But from a habit stanpoint, a.m. is the way to go.

Colleen, sorry about your knee! Can you do other stuff-low impact step or treadmill incline walks, etc.? We have a case of the swine flu here-they closed one of the local high schools until 5/11! Some kid who went to Mexico for spring break.

bbiab...

Last edited:
what a great morning!!!
brownies last night were scrumptious
scale is down!!!!
made homemade breakfast for the fam.....
french toast for gina
waffle for isabel
diner-style omelet for mike
i feel like a shortorder cook!:D
and i had eggs w/ veggies & a small pb muffin!!!!
put all the leftover brownies in the freezer w/o eating any!
did ccv2
eating healthy snack...kashi waffle, 1/2 T pb, raisins
i am on it today!!!!

katie, have fun at tea! how creative!
colleen, bummer on the knee! i need to moms day shop too...
morris, glad yday was good! good luck w/ the lawn! yay dh return/!
klaudia, im jealous of youe sleep & shoping!

bbl...

hey ladies

Colleen do you have dOMS this week. I know I have some. This week's w/o were the hardest but only 1 more week to go. What are your plans?
I plan to do rec. week then 2 weeks of k-bells:). So sorry about tendonitis. Take your time and do the stretches. I never heard of stretches for the inner knee.:confused:

katie have fun with mother's day surprise. Now is the best time to go b/c next weekend everything will be overcrowded.

Morris great w/o today!

Kate how do you eat sweets like that and lose weight? I guess all those years of low fat dieting and ruin my metabolism. I can't eat sweets, unless it's fruits. The new CS with the daughters are they 1/2 hour workouts? Even though I gain strength and definition in my arms and legs with sTS, my flexibility has decrease (bad me..not really doing the extended stretch).

Klaudia enjoy your clean max.

w/o today 1/2 hour on step machine and some k-bell core work.

b-hard boiled eggs
l-salmon and spinach
d-?

Robin, No clue on the sweets/weigth loss! But I'll take it! That was my ONLY cheat all week long tho. Seriously, I resisted some monster temptations this week. SO far so good today still....
The CS WO's... one is an hour the other is 2-half hour segments. NOT for sissies! That girl works ya hard!! I love it! :D:D:D Miranda talks thru the hour-long one while her DD and others do the WO. The other DD talks - I really enjoy her and her body is AMAZING!
Great WO and eats! Keep it up!

Clean lunch.....tortilla soup, Kashi crackers, a few peanuts

Not sure what's for dinner - maybe grilling
Maybe I'll grill chicken & pineapple....wow, that sounds good....

Morris - I think you wo'ed more this morning than I did all week, lol! Glad your visit with your Aunt was drama free.

Colleen - Yes I did get my wo in, finally. Sorry about the knee. Can you still wo?

Klaudia - I need to clean/organize today also. I love kb classes. My friend used to teach one and it was 90min. The most calories I ever burned in one 90 min wo.

Katie - I think we're going to take the kids to the pool tomorrow. Hoping to clean today. Have fun at soccer!

Kate - Yay on the cheat night and scale down!

Robin - I already told my DH that I wanted some new wo dvds. Not sure which ones though. Maybe some Amy Bento dvds or an old Cathe dvd. We'll see. Either that or a serger, but I think I'll wait on the serger for my bday.

I finally got to do B&G yesterday in the afternoon, and I was sweating like a pig! It was so muggy here that I started to feel sick during my wo. Eats were not the best yesterday. I ate some sour patch kids and everything else was pretty clean, but I ate too much. I overloaded on carbs and felt gross and bloated. I am going to do GS CT and then go for an uphill walk with baby in tow in the stroller. Better get off my butt and start cleaning before dd has ballet!

Lisa

lisa, sorry abt the gummies!! mike loves to keep them around but thank goodness they dont tempt me!
good jo w/ bg! i hate the humidity! dh has 2 seasons - furnace & ac!:p i wait as long as i can stand it for the ac - i like the windows open!
hope your walk is a good one!

hey everyone

colleen, sorry about the tendonitis. what ae you allowed to do? i hope you can find a pt sooner:(

kate, yeah on the scale. you go! and what a cook you are this am:D

klaud, i am def jealous of your quiet time. enjoy every minute, and get lots done. where is the class you are going to tomorrow?

robin, good wo planned. how are you holding up?

lisa, i am glad gummy stuff does not tempt me. good job with your wo. hope you get that walk in today.

hi anne, hi angie, hi katie.

i cannot believe what i got done today - vacumning, laundry, mowed lawn, walked dog. now i just need to grab a few things at the store for my mom and wait for her, dh, and my brother to come in (my brother is driving my mom here from virginia). the family drama continues to escalate - i guess my little sis and my mom nearly came to blows yesterday:( life will indeed turn topsey turvey for a while. but i am determined to focus only on what i can control. and so far, eats are awesome, got my back and bis in too. of course, i am really tired too:D

bbl

Almost done! Just have to figure out if I keep the stuff for Nevena or just pitch it/give it away? I have to go through the bins in the basement-Darrin put stuff in randomly so I have different sizes mixed together in some. Ugh. Kate are you saving stuff for Julia? Or do you buy new? Some stuff just looks tired.

Busy day and clean eats for you Kate! I think we're grilling steak, but we'll see-had burgers yesterday and that's a lot of red meat in one week!

Robin, I have no idea what to get my mom-maybe a mother's pin with all our birthstones. Should call my brothre and see what he's doing.

Lisa, I had a bunch of candy yesterday too. I can usually avoid it, but pms has hit me hard this month-even my boobs hurt! And oh, the bloat!

Funny Kate, Darrin's two seasons are landscaping and snow! I hate the ac and avoid it as long as possible too. I end up turning it on before D gets home!

We were posting together Morris:) My kettlebell class is about an hour away, but my girlfriend's coming with me so it'll be fun! Sorry about fd. Your attitude is good-control what is in your power and leave the rest. You got a ton done! I have never mowed a lawn in my life!

Kate - I'm usually not tempted by them either, but I was sleep deprived and I attach to sugar since I'm avoiding caffeine.

Morris - So sorry about all that's going on.

Klaudia - PMS is evil!!!

Okay, got some sorting done. Off to eat breakfast, kashi cereal and a banana.

Lisa

morris, you go girl! mrs productive! w/ 2 babes nonetheless!
sorry abt the fd! hang in there! youre doing great! i find myself changing the subject w/ my mom A LOT! she can dwell on things a bit too much!

klaudia, i do save stuff for j - but not all. if its too worn i pitch it. i had loaned out everything thinking we were done...most i got back but somestuff was nastyyyy! ive bought quite a bit....mostly bec the seasons are different . as she gets older it wont make such a difference.

lisa, i have had sleep issues the last few days for sure! avoiding the white devil so far! i think bec i had my cheat in view!:D
hope you have a great day! portion control on those gummies!!:D

So what did everyone have for dinner? We are thinking about getting kentucky grilled chicken. Chris had it last week and said it was good. He was shocked at the nutritionals because he said it tasted so good.

I can do any workout that doesn't bother my knee. So far running is the only activity that I do that bothers it. I know I use different muscles with running because I injured my quad about 10 years ago and I couldn't do aerobics - just run. So now it is reversed.

Morris, wow you were productive. Sometimes some fd can make us get things done.
Klaudia, good job getting the closets done. I really need to go through mine.
Lisa, working out during the first few muggy days is really tough. Glad you made it through.
Kate, ^5 on no brownies. Enjoy chicken and pineapples.
Robin, I think I am going to do kettlebells after STS too. I did some of Amy's KB Dynamics this morning and really enjoyed it.

dinner was THE YUMMIEST CHICKEN EVER!!!!
i did not make the mayo stuff.
didnt use hoagies....put mine on salad
soooo tender & FLAVORFUL!
You gals must trry this!!!

Chicken Spiedies (pronounced speedy's)
Serves 6

You will need six 12-inch metal skewers here. To prevent sticking, preheat the grill, covered, for 15 minutes (5 minutes if using charcoal) and scrape and oil the cooking grates before grilling.

1/2 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves , minced
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons grated zest plus 1 tablespoon juice from 1 lemon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
6 (6-inch) sub rolls , slit partially open lengthwise
1. MAKE SAUCES Combine oil, garlic, basil, oregano, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes in large bowl. Transfer 2 tablespoons oil mixture to separate bowl and whisk in mayonnaise, vinegar, and lemon juice; refrigerate. (Sauces can be refrigerated, covered, for 2 days.)

2. PREP CHICKEN Following photos 1 to 3, prick chicken breasts all over with fork, cut into 1¼-inch chunks, and transfer to bowl with remaining oil mixture. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.

3. GRILL CHICKEN Remove chicken from marinade and thread onto six 12-inch metal skewers. Grill chicken over hot fire, covered and turning frequently, until lightly charred and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to sub rolls or bread, remove skewers, and drizzle with mayonnaise mixture. Serve.

colleen, is your chicjen a recipe...or is it kfc but grilled?
wierd on the knee pain reversal!:confused::confused::confused:
glad you liked the new wo!

its a good thing those brownies are in the freezer!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: me want brownies!!!!

Kate, I've seen a recipe for that kind of chicken, can't remember where. Sounds awesome! We're having a late dinner-grilled flank steak, grilled asparagus, and Yugo salad and a twice baked potato for Darrin ( he bought it at the meat market). Then We're renting a movie-Role Models, I think. It's a comedy with Paul Rudd.

Colleen, I'm glad you don't have to cut out all cardio. I'll have to check out KFC grilled chicken-it's relatively healthy AND tasty?! Kettlebells after STS sounds great. I need to buy some kb dvds.

I ended up doing a 30 minute incline interval walk. Didn't seem to get my heart rate up even though I was walking the inclines at 4.2. I need a hrm, too. My treadmill said I burned 347 cal when the workout said I'd burn around 200. And I need new shoes-bad. My shin started acting up, too. Why can't I win the lotto?!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.