[[[[[ clean & tidy weekend ]]]]]

I hate to be such a party pooper this morning, but...... My workout SUCKED this morning! It has been a LOOOONG time since I had such a bad workout.

First, I attempted C&W step timesaver. This is really basic step, right? I was struggling!! My breathing is still labored from this cold, and I am still blowing my nose every five minutes. It was probably stupid for me to attempt to workout in the first place.

Then I wanted to do PUB/PLB bonus combo premix. I forgot how much I dislike PLB -- first of all, there seem to be no chapters so I couldn't just skip to the next segment without fast forwarding/rewinding. Second, all the weight changes on the bar -- she moves too fast and I think it really promotes the exerciser injuring him or herself as you rush to get the bar in position to start the set.

Finally I just gave up. Neither my lungs, nor my disposition, were cooperating this morning.

Sorry about your w/o Katie. I agree With you on the LBP. I try to sub DBs for BB, because to have to press pause after each move sucks too. Don't be so hard on yourself, when you have a cold you are suppose to do light w/o. cardio and weights is a challenging workout b/c it keeps your heart rate up.

I was feeling a little stress,no a lotta stress so I did some pilates this morning. It helped a little. I have not w/o on a regular bases in two weeks and I feel it. My body feels soft and I'm having a hard time dealing with stress.:(

But it will soon be over:). I hope to have all my stuff packed up and in storage by Monday. The kids and I will camp out on the floor. They like that anyway. The closing for this house will be on Wed. My last day of work will be 8/19 and I will move down south on 8/20. The first thing that I'm unpacking will be my weights and Cathe DVDs.:D

b-so far nuts and strawberries
s-?
l-Asian salad
d-tilapia fish and ??

Angie I read your post fromlast night. Maybe you should do STS because it will start off with light weights to build endurance. In the mean time maybe you should do w/o like Bootcamp, Cardio and Weights, drill max, etc. These w/o focus on endurance rather than muscle building.

How is the rest of the Clean and tidy Ladies.

Last edited:
What time did your DH get home Colleen?
I had pizza and salad last night also.:eek:

I can't wait to see the pics of the new room Kate. My DD want her room to be orange and purple or is it pink and purple.

Have a safe and fun trip Angie.

Steph? What's new and how are you?

Good Morning,

I am trying to get my coffee in before the baby wakes up...so far he is cooperating!! I should be working out but I need my coffee!

Katie I am sorry your workout was awful there is nothing worse than feeling like you have wasted your time...Hope your next one kicks a$$! Loved the cat yesterday made me laugh during a stressful day!!

Robin glad your packing is coming along...Where are you moving to?

Colleen thank you for offering the NM info I will PM you in a little while...I had Pizza last night too (but not salad..hot wings..mmmmm)

Kate how is Gina feeling? sore throats are horrible I woke up yesterday with a sore throat I hope it is not strep..

Yikes i was just reading yesterdays thread....Turning 30 in 2010... I wish LOL
I don't have a menu planned yet or my workout... Still trying to get the blood flowing! I wlll check back later!
hello Jenn, Angie, Emily and Steph. How are you?
Tracy

Hi Everyone!

DH finally got home a little after 11. They made him switch trains in Philly because the AC was broken on his train. He had to stand for 1.5 hours since there weren't any seats by the time he got to the new train (DH thinks he is at home on the train - he generally sets up a power strip to plug everything he needs in (i.e. computer, cell phone, camera). We travelled together one time and I couldn't get out because of all the cords wrapped around my legs).

Today I am going to try to get the emissions done and car wash for my car, and do some cleaning. Tonight we are going out with some friends for dinner. I hope to keep it clean but we are not sure where we are going.

Angie, you might want to try a rotation. I was able to lose weight and inches by lifting heavy but my I feel slimmer when I do lots of cardio.
Katie, good luck with the iPhone. DH's died yesterday because he used it as his computer all day.
Robin, good luck with packmax this weekend. Glad you were able to get some pilates in to help with the stress. Just think in a couple of weeks you will be all settled in NC!
Steph, {{{HUGS}}} If you need to vent, cry or whatever, we are here for you.

w/o MM (& maybe a short run)
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: banana
l: spinach salad & 1 slice pizza
s: berries & yogurt
d: tbd

Have a great day!

Good morning everyone,

I woke up at 5:30 this morning for no good reason and I couldn't get back to sleep. I would work out but my throat is still sore and I'm just tired. I really really really hope I'm not getting sick. :(

Katie, sorry your WO sucked this morning. Didn't you hear me say to take walks? I don't think C&W is considered a walk... I don't have the full WO (just the fit tv version) but I remember it being a TOUGH one! Take it easy! You're only going to prolong your illiness silly!

Robin, sorry about all the stress. I totally understand about life being in limbo and feeling like you can't get into a normal routine. I'm so there right now! Thanks for the advice. I tried to cancel my STS order but I'm not sure if they will let me or not. I'm trying to figure that out. I guess at this point I'd rather spend money on endurance workouts/circuit training. We'lls ee how that works.

Tracy, hope you are enjoying your coffee. I'm up before anyone in the house and it's unusual. I'm usually in bed until the kids come and pull me out! I'm a sleeper but I'm enjoying this time to myself.

Colleen, I haven't tried any rotations because every time I look at them, I am missing too many videos to make it work. But, I feel like I am starting to get a good collection of endurance workouts (I really love DM/LIC/BM2) so hopefully that will help me out.

Well, our flight leaves in 6 hours. I'm pretty well packed. Just have to get my last minute stuff in from the bathroom. :) I have to say I was super disappointed last night when Ryan told me I won't be able to use my hair straightener in France. It seriously is my lifeline. I have frizzy, unmanageable hair that apparently hates me. I'm going to have an afro in France. Oh well. Style isn't everything, right? I can buy a new one when we actually move there. Why do they have to use different outlets anyway?

Have a great weekend/two weeks all. I'll check in when I can. Send self control eating vibes my way!!

Hi Jenn, Steph, Shirl, Emily!

XOXO
angie

Good morning ladies,

Katie sorry about your workout. Maybe you can get a walk in today. Hope your cold ges away soon.

Kate enjoy your busy day.

Colleen I'm planning MM today also. Have a great time with your friends tonight.

Angie hope you feel better soon also. You can alway follow a rotation and sub using what you have. EX. if it say Muscle Max- do a follow body weight wo that you have.

Tracey enjoy your coffee and quiet time.

Robin good luck with packmax. That should qualify as workout in itself.

Steph hope your okay. (((HUGS)))

HI Shirl and Emily.

Menu:
b-english muffin w/pb
s-cheese and crackers
l- lean cuisine
s-???
d-baked chicken
w/o musclemax

Jenn

Hi Steph, Shirl and Emily.

Tracey I'm moving from NY to NC but with all this stuff it feels like I'm moving to the moon.

Colleen LOL :rolleyes: my kids do the same thing on the train that is why I don't sit next to them. They have their ipod, laptop, and DVD players hooked up. My son even brought his CD player the last time. Why did he need a CD play if he has an ipod and DVD player?????

Angie you know what I say...buy a new one in France! While you are at it buy a new set of hair care products. I know I would. I took French in HS and I only remember how to say shut your mouth.(Femme Le Buss...sp?) LOL Thanks to my French teacher.

Kate and Shirl what are you two up to.

Hi Everyone!

Wow my running/MM was too much. Talk about shocking my body. The last time I went running was last summer and then MM after than. My legs are fried. I hope I can walk tomorrow.
Robin, isn't funny how much stuff you "find" when you are moving?
Angie, I am sure you can cancel your STS order. I would suggest doing some reading on periodization before you cancel. Shirl can probably tell you it is very effective and it has been around for years. Here's a link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_periodization
Katie, enjoy your trip.
Kate, hope you can sqeeze in some rest today
Jenn, I hope your MM workout was easier than mine. My legs were shaking.

Colleen I made it through but it was rough. My legs were dying on the lunges and the plie lunges.

Angie I agree with Robin buy all new stuff once you get to France.

Robin how is packing going?

Okay gals. I'm really tired so I'll be a better "poster" tomorrow. Just had to share this funny joke I got in my email tonight:

I rear-ended a car this morning. So, there we were alongside the road
and slowly the other driver got out of his car. You know how sometimes
you just get soooo stressed and little things just seem funny?

Yeah, well I couldn't believe it... the other driver was a DWARF!!!

He stormed over to my car, looked up at me, and shouted, 'I AM NOT
HAPPY!!!'

So, I looked down at him and said, 'Well, then which one are you?'

Cracked me up!!! Hope you're having a good weekend!

Sunday Morning

Kate...Dwarf....LOL:D I guess he is Grumpy.LOL I'm going to tell that one to my kids.

Great w/o Colleen and Kate but ladies can you walk today ;) I'm so jealous I want to do a killer leg w/o too:(

Yesterday after getting my doggie hair cut I brought Amy Bento 10 min solution So I'm going to do some power walking today, upper body and core.

almost done with packing,I just need to pack up the kitchen.

Last edited:
safely in the windy city

Hi girls!

Well, I'm in Chicago. Our flight went well and I'm currently camped out at the in-laws. Ryan left this morning for his flight to London and I meet him in Paris on Saturday. I feel funny now that I'm on central time zone and am not the last one to post!

Yesterday was a pretty good eating day all things considered. Had breakfast at a little 50s diner and I had cereal and fruit. Lunch at the airport was a small turkey sandwich and fruit and dinner was a turkey sandwich from Panera. I love that place!

This morning I'm going to church with my family and then I'm not sure what is planned for the rest of the day. I hope to get a workout in but I'm not sure when/if it will be possible.

Thanks for all the advice about STS. I'm not sure what I want to do but at this point I think I'd rather buy circuit training with my $$ and then maybe ask for it for christmas or my birthday if I'm still interested. Right now I'm more concerned about this extra weight I'm carrying.

Well, I hear little chit chat upstairs... wakey little babies. Have a great day all!
angie

Good Morning Everyone!

Kate, that joke was funny! Thanks for sharing.
Robin, I can walk but I am very sore. I did not know how tight I was until I did StretchMax this morning.
Angie, good job on the eats even though you were out most of the day. If you get more circuit workouts, you should try Cathe's Sept. 08 rotation - Circuit City. Not trying to push the rotations but I saw much better results once I started doing rotations.
Hi Katie, Steph, Jenn, Shirl, Tracy and Emily!

Colleen, I tried to find Cathe's Sept 07 rotation but when I click on it, it doesn't take me there. It just takes me back to the main forum page. Help! I would love to do a rotation. I'm totally a schedule person!

Hey ladies I'm alive!! Sorry for my pissy post yesterday morning -- wow I sounded like a b****!! Yesterday morning was just NOT GOOD all around, but life is better now.

We are our hotel, where they charge $10 a day for stupid internet. I complained a little and got them to waive it for at least the first 24 hours. So after today I may or may not be here.

Eating is weird, because I have way less control over what I am eating. I brought my almonds and some strawberries though!! Hopefully I won't do too much damage. I checked out the fitness center and I am looking forward to some quality time on the elliptical. I also brought some 5# dumbbells and I am going to try to do some UB stuff with those.

My illness is still here -- some minutes I feel better, some I feel worse. Angie, I will try some walks on the TM if all else fails, I promise! I am just terrified of the scale when I get home!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.