[[[[[[[[ cLEAN & tidy wednesday ]]]]]]]]

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Happy Hump Day!

My work day should be decently calm -- thank goodness! When I left yesterday, my *stack* (stack of files that I am working on but I have left something undone) was so large that I could barely get it into my "pending" drawer, and get the drawer shut! I think I should be able to get a lot of that stuff taken care of today.

My weight is up this morning, and I find it hard to believe that it is from my eating yesterday. I do not make the most nutritious choices, but calorie-wise, there is just no way. It has to be related to these ungodly DOMS in my chest and tris! Today will be totally clean, and it will go back down tomorrow or the next day.

Menu today:

B cereal
S apple slices, string cheese
L grilled chicken & veggies
S fiber one, banana
D not sure, need to consult with Chris

Good Morning Katie and all who follow,

DH's alarm woke me up this am and I couldn't fall back to sleep. Yesterday's eating was tidy, not clean but much improved! :) I'll be back DH needs me.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Katie, Your muscles are retaining water from working so hard. Keep your protein intake upupup! That purse is really cute - order! I've never heard of Vera Bradley before - I need to check out that site a little more.

Shirl, Sorry for the early wakeup! That stinks. For some reason my sleep was really restless this morning.

Happy news! Gina's school is cancelled! It is so windy and FRIGID! I'm so excited!

Today is a rest day - yay! I'll do Classical Stretch Full Body.

menu:
b - 4 egg whites, yellow peppers, salsa, 1/2 multi-grain eng. muff
s - other 1/2 eng. muff (or Kashi bar if we're doing errands), banana
l - chicken tortilla soup, apples (I really want to add pb here but afraid of portion control, or lack thereof!)
s - apple/pear??? I *always* struggle with pm snack
d - chicken recipe, salad (yes, I put the chicken in the fridge last night to thaw!)

Hope you all have a great day.
I am so glad Gina doesn't have to go to school!!!!!! I love having my girls home with me!

Per yesterday's post re sexmax....

If I had a dollar for every time we said we were going to have sex I'd be a millionaire.

If I had a dollar for every time we actually had sex I'd be homeless.

He ate ice cream, I polished some off out of his bowl, no sex.x(

Hey ladies is it Friday yet?

I was up late counting Girlscout cookie money. We brought in over $4,000 but can only keep about $750. Anyway that is good for the troop. We are planning on going to Crayola Factory in PA.

Katie you know that I'm a shopperholic so I'm not going to tell you to NOT buy that cute bag :D

I've decide that my Feb rotation will be
Sat Cardio and Core
Sun SH Chest back
Mon SH Legs and Shoulders
Tue Cardio Core
Wed SH Tri and Bi
Thur Kickboxing
Fri rest and shopmax}(

Last night I went to make some hot chocolate and then I discovered that Swiss Miss is not a good brand. It is 130cal per 1/4 cup. WHO THE HECK DRINKS 1/4 CUP OF HOT CHOCOLATE! Sorry did not mean to scream. So 3/4cup of this chocolate is 390cal. :eek: Anyway last night I had some no-cal mint tea instead.

Does anyone know of a sugarfree hot chocolate or low cal one? Help!

My w/o today MM Upper bod premix (aka Katie's w/o from yesterday)
b-grapenut/oatmeal combo
s-yogurt and nuts
l-left over tenderloin and stringbeans
s-fiber one bar
d-baked chicken and veggies
s-popcorn

Oh sorry about no-sexmax Kate. It's good your daughter can stay home today, have some fun.

Tell DH "look Mr either you give it up or I'll buy some more Cathe/Amy/Tracey DVDs". ;-)

Good Morning!

Katie, How was the workout? Happy to hear work should be less crazy today. I joined the pushup challenge to support our 'bride'. :)

Kate, Enjoy the day with your girls. You sound like such a fun Mom. Maybe sexmax will be tonight. Congrats on a growing company; even though it makes you busier; it's a good thing. :)

Robin, My DH bought FF Swiss Miss packages by mistake - 50 calories per serving; not clean but it hit the spot and prevented further snacking. You may want to consider doing cardio after Chest&Back rather than Legs&Shoulders. Your shoulders are worked hard during the chest segments and probably will need to rest a day. You could do the leg segment + cardio/core and add the shoulders to bis & tris. Great job earning $750; the field trip sounds fun.

Today is an active rest day for me - I'm doimg abs/core and foam rolling; class this afternoon.

menu
b-cereal, banana & raisins, strawberry kefir
s-apple and nat.pb
l-homemade veggie soup w/kidney beans
s-lowfat cheese and ww crackers
d-leftover chicken breast and large salad

Hello to everyone else! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

>Per yesterday's post re sexmax....

>If I had a dollar for every time we said we were going to have sex I'd be a millionaire.

>If I had a dollar for every time we actually had sex I'd be homeless.

DITTO to that! AMEN!

Kate, never heard of Vera Bradley?? I love those bags, but I may need to branch out. I've had only Veras for about 3 years now. They are so cute though!

Shirl, workout this morning went wonderfully, I likely it and I don't usually like lower body circuits.

Robin, I agree with Shirl's suggestion about the rotation. I hope my slow & heavy comes in time for next week.

Check back at lunch!!

katie me too, I hope my S&H comes this week.I'm going to take your suggestion Shirl thanks for the free help.

My oatmeal/grapenuts experiment did not turn out too good so don't try it. It looks like mushy jail food.

Robin, The Crayola factory sounds awesome! What about the Hershey Factory in PA???!!:9 :7 We have the Kellogg Factory near us and I've never been. Need to make plans to do that. That's CRAZY about the HC (hot choc.). Is that 1/4 PREPARED, or 1/4 of the mix?
I like your ultimatum for DH!

Shirl, Your active rest day sounds busy! Hope its a good one! I had always thought I would homeschool the girls, but alas they're in public school. I can't imagine doing that on top of everything else. Gina is doing extremely well, so public for now.

Katie, I need to measure the sizes of the bags. I don't like mine to be too big. I read Debbie's response to you Q and that rotation looks good. Trying to decide if I should abandon circuits and do that one. hmmmmm..

My breakfast was great. I had a whole eng. muff. instead of the half. Maybe I've been trying to go too calorie-restrictive so when I get food my body just goes into "I need some more now!" mode. Need to rethink the days menu. What do you think Steph?

Aren't we so lucky to have a PT and an RD on our check-in?!?!

Off to do CS while the girls play. They're in their bathing suits pretending my bed is their pool. I already made it but you can't tell now. Oh well! Good, cheap fun for them!

Robin, Too funny about the jail food! Good for you for trying it out though! BTW, I like your new bling on your signature line!

Katie (or anybody), On the sexmax note.....again.....

Do you ever read Redbook or any of those mags and the women write in about their very active sex lives w/ their DHs and you think "WTH is wrong w/ me/my marriage?!" BUT! Of all of my friends I think only 1 is a nymph and the rest of us are all "I *think* we might've had sex.... last month, maybe?"

Morning Peeps!!!

You all are way ahead of me this morning! At least i dont have to stay late and do that talk tonight, i can exercise, yay..

Katie, i'm sure its just water/salt retention. Its the change in sodium (maybe the fries and meat) that cause us to retain fluid, so by tomorrow, all gone. I love the bag, never heard of her though. Bags are like shoes, you can never really have too many, and it doesnt matter how much you weigh to look hot in them!!!

Shirl, i've been hearing so much about foam rolling, is there a DVD out there that shows how to do it? Do you have your own set?

Kate, its so freaking windy here too, 90km/hour, my dryer vents were shaking all night long! My pug almost flew away this morning. I wish my boss could give us wind days here, could you imagine. Eat those carbs! especially in the morning, How's the bowel thing going without the cereal? Too personal, lol! Sorry about the sexmax, but i would choose ice cream over sexmax anyday...that's bad right.

Robin, holy crap about the money! Cookies are big business huh! I found grape nuts at the grocery store last week here and thought of you!

Well, my medical director is away til Monday, so i'm hoping to get lots done.
Workout, DM lower body blast/cardio, core work

Menu:
B: jail food (but with added protein and berries!)
s: cc/pp/almonds
L: organic corn soup, veggies (red cabbage..damn stuff) and hummus
s: apple, ryveta and almond butter
d: egg white omelette, ezekial bread, big salad, strawberries, yogurt

BBL

Question: What is your favourite season? I like Spring, winter is damn cold here, and i like things coming back to life! I like the leaves in fall though..

Steph

Steph, Glad you've got your evening back to yourself! I'm curious about foam rolling too. I would need a DVD though. I'm horrible at doing my own thing. Nothing's too personal (bowels!), however I would like to talk to you again about it. You available for chatting today? I'll try your work # in a bit. Oh, Girl Scout cookies are a HUGE business. The Thin Mints are the best - we should send you a box. We keep them in the freezer..mmm... What all do you put in your egg white omelette? Are your hands still stained!?

Great Question! My favorite season is fall. You rarely need a jacket and it is SO PRETTY in Michigan. My bday is in the fall AND Mike and I had our first date in the fall. The smell in the air always reminds me of walking out to his car for our first date! He even remembers what I wore! I was 15 then! We decided we'd get married "someday" when I was barely 17 (again in the fall)(a senior in HS, he was a freshman in college). We were married when I was 19, had Gina when I was 22, Isabel when I was 24. yikes!

Just finished CS, now DH needs me to type some stuff. So much for my errands! Guess its too windy anyway. Isabel is such a peanut she probably WOULD blow away!:7 I think it's kind of fun to go out in the wind though!:+

Good Morning Everyone!

Wednesday's are always crazy - meeting after meeting. Yuck. I am on a conference call now. Hopefully I can type and listen at the same time.

Katie, don't worry about the weight gain. It is probably water retention from the fries.
Robin, will you ship girl scout cookies?
Shirl, sorry about getting up so early. DH wakes me up at 4 am about twice a year and I can't fall back asleep.
Kate, your girls are so creative. I am too cold to think of putting on a bathing suit. Glad they canceled school because of the frigid weather.
Steph, glad your boss is away. I always accomplish so much when my boss is out.

w/o was Parts SUB (no Abs) and HLX Intervals Only
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: banana
l: not sure yet
s: apple
d: team dinner - no menu online so I will have to figure it out when I get there

I will try to check back this afternoon with my lunch menu.

Colleen

Colleen - You're good - typing while listening. I cannot do that. Good luck w/ lunch and dinner tonight. Hope you get home at a decent hour. I hate being out late.

Went to the grocery store - brrrrrrr!!! to use a line from my childhood: "It's colder than a witch's tit out there!":+ :7 I bought the girls a new Barbie and Ken doll too while we were out! They need it like a hole in the head but they've been so good.....

One of my sisters is coming over for lunch (snow day for her too!). See you later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.