>>Wake Up MELTERS! It's Thursday! <<

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today I did shoulders, biceps & triceps from PUB. I think this is the last week with the Pyramids..:-( ..I have to mix it up because I am no feeling like this is doing anything at this point..I can;t up the weights so I am at a platau with these excercises...off to 4DS! :)

Just getting us started...will bb in a bit!

Deb

Goodmorning Deb and all to follow.

Well, I got up early this morning and did the all step premix from cardio fusion. I only wish I could now come home and slip into my comfy pants. Unfortunately, I have to go to a memorial service this evening. A coworker who has been battling bone cancer for almost 10 years died on Monday. This is the 5th coworker who has died in the last 2 years. I'm so tired of bad news.;(

Morning all~

Feeling better today, thankfully.

Deb - I've been doing 4DS for a bit, combined with running, and I'm liking the results.

Robin - I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker. Sending {{{hugs}}} your way.

Today will be a run and right now I'm off to do some corework. I think maybe the stability ball abs from B&G.

Hi I'm back,

Robin:
So sorry about your co-worker..;( ..at least when you do come home later you won't have to think about doing anything workout related. I love that bracelet, and the theme behind it as well!

Shelly:
I hope you are feeling better today!

Leanne:
Good news from your DERM DR..nice shopping trip by the way!:D I may try one of those sleep aids..We have the Bach's Flower stuff called Rescue Remedy that we got for the dogs vet appts..to calm them down.. not sure if this is the same stuff? You were supposed to put a few drops on their tongue. It didn;t work with our crazy two! FREE AT LAST..you lucky girl you!

Shannon:
It seems like some of what you do should be able to be done from home, can you ask if you can do that a couple of days a week to save on the expense of gas? Your vacation sounds like it is going great!

Tneah:
Love the bracelet! Yes..hope to get some annuals to put around the yard.. we have a lot of perennials, but the annuals are so pretty, I can't resist! Did you find a dress for DSD? I agree on the Bootcamp, if it hurts don't do it!

Kara:
We know you will make the right decision for you! I'm with Tneah on the workout clothes, try Target.

Lainie:
Sorry to hear about your psoriasis, ((hugs)) to you! Hope you had fun at the game.

Have a great day!

Deb

Happy Thursday, everyone!

I *might* do Clean Max and Laundry Max today so I don't have to do them over the weekend, but part of me just wants to enjoy my first full day of summer break! (I'm ignoring the fact that I'm still waiting on essays from *four* flaky students!) I think I've got S&H Bis and Tris on the agenda, and might try to sneak in the Sara Ivanhoe yoga workout I bought at Ross for $4 yesterday. What workouts will everyone be doing today?

Shelley -- So glad to hear that you're feeling better! Will tomorrow be an early day still with those new summer hours?

Robin -- Sending you big {{{HUGS}}}! I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker. And the SIL who is coming this weekend is the *airplane* one, right? Oh, what a weekend! You poor thing! Maybe this will give DH the resolve to ask her to pitch in more, both with help and with paying for food while they're with you. That bracelet you posted is just gorgeous! Maybe if DH doesn't help with housework this summer like he promised to, you can threaten that you'll turn it the other way!;-)

Deb -- Good for you sticking with the Pyramids for so long! I need to give those another try. I think all the weight-changing made them too stressful for me, so I'll have to whip them out again soon. Yes, the Bach's stuff also works on humans!;-) I used the regular drops during the day at work last week, and they really did seem to help, as do the night drops.

Kara -- Oh, it's so wonderful having you as a Melty! :) Did you make a decision yesterday about the Dietetics program or do you have a little more time? Is it something that a career counselor at the college you went to can help with? I need to get new workout clothes for the RT, too. Us work-out-at-home types don't always have the fanciest clothes, huh?! I was going to wait until late June or July to start looking for some, but maybe I'll look now. I'm going to try Kohl's and Mervyn's since I've had good luck at those two places before. Do you have them near you? I'll let you know if I find anything over the coming weeks. And thanks for all the great KB info! We don't have Academy Sports here, but I'll see if I can call around to see who might stock them. Of course, with all that money I spent yesterday, I'm not sure if I should be buying more stuff!;-)

Tneah -- Hooray for your carrot-cake-eating b-day! Did DH's daughter behave herself yesterday? Did you have fun shopping with her? Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing day. Sometimes having the house to yourself can be so nice and cozy. I think I love all of the Bath and Body smellies! Aren't they all fantastic?! I bought some Dancing Waters and Something? Honeysuckle body creams. I love how they're nice and thick to use as hand lotion, but then sink right in and aren't greasy. Now don't overdo it on working off that cake; you deserve a week of treating yourself! Besides, you never really overindulge, so don't worry too much, OK? What are you up to today with the empty house?

Lainie -- Did Isaac have his game last night? When will you start the light treatments?

Shannon -- What are you up to today, Happy Vacation Woman!:) It's so fantastic that you are so close (both literally and emotionally) to your family. I wish we lived closer to my dad and brothers. Have you seen the new Indiana Jones yet?

Jennifer -- How is your ankle doing? Are you leaving for your trip to Indiana on Saturday? How is the weather there? Is that cold front still sticking around?

Man, I'm so tired today (again). I need to get up to do my workout soon but I'm going to let my late breakfast settle a little more first. That's my excuse for being here first. :)

The planned workout today is HSCircuit, but on my Bosu instead of the high step. I find the high step workouts a bit dull but doing it on the Bosu helps. Love that bouncy feeling.

Huh. My kids just got rather quiet upstairs...should I worry?

The kids are off school today--the school didn't use many snow days so they get today and tomorrow off in addition to Monday. It's nice not to make the school run but on the other hand they'll be running around messing stuff up and fighting a lot today. Joy. It is also supposed to rain a lot today so I won't be able to let them run amok outside. Also, my first light treatment at the derm office is at 2:30 today, which is during Ewan's normal naptime, so I'll have to put him down for his nap late. Hope it works.

Yowza, I'm getting that nasty sharp back pain that wraps around my chest. Ugh.

Robin, so sorry to hear about the death of your co-worker. I hope it's a nice memorial service. Brian returns tonight from Washington, D.C. He left Sunday afternoon, so it's been a long-ish trip. Often he's only gone for one or two nights when he travels. I don't know how long exactly T-ball season is but I think it ends around the time school ends (toward the end of June here).

Shelley, glad to hear you're feeling better. My ridiculous first thought when you said you were sick the other day: "I wonder if I could lose weight if I got that illness." Just goes to show what a messed up mind I have that I always associate illness with the benefit of weight loss--at least until I am sick myself and then I just wish I was fat and happy again.

Deb, I can't relate to doing the same workouts for so long. I did the pyramids quite a bit when I was doing the full BFL (now I'm just doing the eating part) but though I love them I couldn't do them all the time. Actually, I didn't do the PLB, now that I think about it, because of my injury issues. But I did PUB a lot.

Leanne, which Sara Ivanhoe workout did you get? Yes, Isaac's game went on last night but it was kind of a quick one, which was good. I had plenty of time to give the boys their bath before bedtime and didn't have to rush. Of course, since there's no school today I guess I wouldn't have to rush anyway. The light treatments start today and then I'll be doing them twice a week for a few weeks. But the dermatologist said with the kind of psoriasis I have (not chronic) it will often clear up and I won't have problems again for years, until I get strep throat or something. It's weird because I haven't had strep in a while, but I have had it several times in the past. The doc says this kind of psoriasis is often associated with strep. I don't know when I'll manage to go get the blood test she wants--probably not until next Wednesday.

Jennifer, how's it going with you today? I think you should PM me with whatever great thing you didn't want to talk about on here the other day. :) I'm curious.

Tneah, I'm such a jerk! I think I forgot to say Happy Birthday to you. Well, Belated Happy Birthday! Or Birpy Hathday as we spoonerize it in my zany family. I love that Love bracelet! And rose gold sounds like it would be gorgeous.

Shannon, how did the weedeating go yesterday? My sore back hurts more just thinking about it....

Kara, I will have to figure out how to fit in a kettlebell workout to my current rotation. Maybe I could do it today instead of my planned workout. On the other hand maybe that's not such a brilliant idea with my back still hurting. Ouch. The hardest thing about our cute little house is that it's little. We still own a house in Texas that is about twice the size of this one, but less than half the cost, of course. I think if we'd come straight from there it would have been miserable, but since we spent 4 years in tiny European apts in between, it's not so bad. At least it's less to clean than the big house. Plus the big house was a new built one in a cookie cutter neighborhood. Still, sometimes I miss it and its perfect new plumbing. :)

OK, going to see if some Advil will help my back and see if I can handle my workout with it.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Morning All :)

Deb, I think 4DS is one of Cathe's best ever workouts..although I do wish she would go a tiny bit slower to allow more time to get to those weights! Oh, and when I have tried the "calm your pet down" remedies, they have never worked either, in fact I think they might have made Georgie worse--he pants faster.

Robin, I sending you a big hug today, I am really sorry about your bad news. Its so sad. On a brighter note, the all step workout sounded like fun.

Leanne, don't work too hard around the house today!:) I am so happy for you, school is over! You love that S&H huh? I like the breaks between sets for sure, but the slow lifting drives me nutso after awhile, might have to visit those workouts this week anyway. They are the most like the workouts I did on my program. I love those smellies you got! Dancing Waters is perfect for summer! And I have the honeysuckle stuff in our guest bathroom...the color is so pretty!

Shelley, happy to see you are literally up and running again. Be careful though, and make sure you are getting enough electrolytes and things, after you have been sick like that, its important.:)

Lainie, You are not a jerk, you are a busy mother of two small boys and oh please! :p Ouch on the back! My own lower back it talkin' to me this morning. But its not like that sharp pain you describe, its more of a "steady burn" type thing.:)

Hi to Kara, Jennifer and Shannon...

I ate like a piggie, and feel slightly guilty this morning, not to mention bloaty. But will work it off over the next couple days..I just have to concentrate on eating protein and limiting the carbs for a few and should be back to normal...easier said than done right? But I can do it.:)
DH comes back early today...he actually wants to go see Indiana Jones at the theater which is weird for him! So thats on the list to do this weekend, now if I could only drag him along to Sex and the City!

Will be doing a Spinervals workout this morning, followed by my normal leg workout trainer man gave me..I get the best results with these workouts, I rest between sets and can really push myself because of this, so back to the basics. Sometimes getting to complicated doesn't work for me, guess I really am a simple "meat and potatoes" kind of workout gal!

Hi gang. I've just a minute to post. I've decided not to attend the funeral tonight. It is about 30 miles away and not until 8pm.

DH just called and said a woman hit his car. It will probably be totalled. Sigh. And life goes on.....

Oh, Robin! I'm so sorry to hear about DH's accident. Is DH doing alright? Is he in any pain? What a headache to have to deal with all that! It sounds like a good idea to not attend the funeral tonight with all you have to deal with. Your co-worker knows that you're thinking of him or her. Do you think that you'll be able to take some time off work this weekend or are you still scheduled to work all weekend? Sending you great big {{{HUGS}}}!!!

Lainie -- I bought the Sara Ivanhoe 20 Minute Weight Loss. Do you have that one? I don't have any of her DVD's, but have heard good things about her, so thought I'd give it a try. Hope that your light treatment goes well today! How interesting that it's linked to strep. Did your derm. explain what the connection is? I hadn't realized that you still had the house in Texas. Are you renting it out?

Kara -- OK, so I went ahead and ordered The Kettlebell Way DVD today! All that talk of how sore you've been made me really want one! }( Of course, now I need to go to Target at some point this weekend and get an actual KB. The DVD's are so dang expensive, aren't they?! I figured that it sounds like it'll be awhile until STS comes out, so it'll be fun to try something new. Any news yet in the decision-making area? I'm sure whatever path you choose to pursue will bring you lots of interesting things!

Tneah -- Well, I'm actually thinking about skipping out on S&H and trying those Jari Love DVD's for awhile. I think I need a bit of a change!;-) Glad DH is coming back so early. If you come back to SD soon, we can go see the Sex & the City movie together!:) Wouldn't that be fun?!

I think that I'm actually NOT going to finish out the S&H rotation I've been doing. I've been thinking that I needed a change, so I think I'm going to try those new Jari Love workouts I bought for a few weeks to see how I like them. I've never really done endurance lifting like that so frequently, so we'll see. Of course, I'm also going to go get a kettlebell this weekend, so I'll try to integrate that in, too!

Alright, I've been cleaning up my half of the office a bit today, and so am going to head back in there and tackle a bit more of the mess. I'm trying to get things ready for sabbatical so I'll feel inspired to start reading and writing soon!:p

Hey Robin, I am so sorry sweetie!:-( I do hope DH is alright. What a crappy day you have had, lots of hugs your way.

Leanne, I did a Jari Love workout and spent the whole time kinda freaking out...she has a very strange "look" to me, that might sound judgmental, but heck, she does!:p Very skinny with long blonde hair extensions. Although I did like the way the exercises were explained, I thought that was a nice touch. But you have fun darlin'. :7 I do not blame you for wanting a change, that is exactly the way I felt when I started the bootcamp rotation, it was just too hard on my joints. I would LOVE to see SATC with you! Sadly, we will not be in SD:-( Yes, clearing a space is a good way to get that creative energy flowing, I always clean my studio before I start to paint, it helps "clear up" the energy I think.

Well, Auntie Flo is here..no wonder I have eaten like there is no tomorrow this past week. My doc called back already on the bloodwork, and wants to put me on a different thyroid med, my levels still are not where he wants them to be.
I think I am experiencing post-b-day let down, or maybe its just my period or a cold coming on, I keep sneezing and my throat has been hurting, unless its allergies? I did not think I had them, but you can get them out of the blue right? I am supposed to do legs tonight, already rode my bike this morning, but geez, just feel so tired.

Hope everyone's day is going well...

Hi everyone! This was the kids’ last day of school (actually they were home before lunch) and it has been very busy!

Robin—Oh no! I am so sorry about your DH’s accident. That just stinks. Is he OK? It must be heartbreaking to lose so many coworkers. My word, you deserve some good news! Think vacation thoughts…

Deb—I will try Target. Thanks! I am sure you will enjoy 4DS again. It is so fun!

Shelley—I am so glad you are feeling better! How long have you been combining 4DS with running? Do you always run outside?

Tneah—Cream cheese frosting is heavenly! Emma always requests it on a chocolate bundt cake for her birthday and I always oblige! That’s great your DH is home early! Enjoy the movie! Do you like Spinervals? Which ones would you recommend? I hope you aren’t getting a cold. Perhaps you should rest tonight? Yes, you can get allergies out of the blue. Emma did in February when the buds emerged...

Lainie—What do you think is wrong with your back? I would definitely avoid a kettlebell workout while it is bothering you. I hope it improves soon! Do you ever go back to Texas? Is that where your family is? Old houses do have annoyances, especially with plumbing and wiring. I am beginning to remember..lol!

Leanne—So, how was your first full day of summer break? Blissful??? I wish I had a Mervyn’s near me. My MIL always shops there and finds great deals (she lives between Tahoe and Sacramento). I just don’t understand why the material for the shelf bra is so thin! Yea, I hope you enjoy the kettlebell DVD! I have had problems with my hips in the past and find this type of workout really has strengthened them. They are just great! What are you planning on working on during the sabbatical? I am still so impressed that you published a book!

Today I did Amy’s Hi/Lo Knockout. This workout makes me happy. I love it! Then I did some yoga for my hips. About my decision...I have delayed my registration for the summer term. Honestly, I just don’t know what to do. I am waiting to hear from my academic advisor and will proceed after that. Thanks again for all of your kind words. They are appreciated more than you can imagine.

Have a good evening!
Kara

Happy afternoon, everyone!

I just spent the last couple of hours tidying up the office and previewing the new Jari Love DVD's I bought. I'm not sure how I'm going to like them, but I'm going to try them out for the next two weeks (starting tomorrow) until my kettlebell workout comes. (That'll also give me some time to get an actual KB!;-) )

Tneah -- Jari Love freaks me out a bit, too! I may end up going back to my precious Cathe workouts really fast! I think that they're going to be too hard on my joints, too, esp. my right shoulder, which seems to be creaking non-stop lately. Oh, how frustrating that your thyroid levels still aren't where they need to be! You might want to get tested for allergies; I've had to deal with them my entire life, but DH just started up with them the past few years. I hope that the adjustment with your meds works out. Can you move your leg workout to tomorrow? Cycling and legs in one day is a killer!

Kara -- Yes, isn't In the Ring so much fun! I just did it yesterday and love it. Emma and Colin are done so early with their school year! My DH still has about three more weeks at his high school before he starts summer break. Are you looking forward to having them home, even though Colin will be gone :)-() for a few weeks? I'm so glad that you can wait before making the decision as to what program you'll pursue; something like that really does require some time and thought. Talking with your adviser sounds like a great idea. Ah, yes, I've been enjoying my first full day of summer, but I had a meltdown this morning actually b/c I'm waiting on a few students to get their final (very late!) essays turned in. I did manage to re-group and told myself that I'll get it all taken care of by tomorrow so I can get a move-on with summer break! For the sabbatical, I said in my proposal that I would do reading/research in my area, and then write one "publishable" article, which means that I don't actually have to get it published. I'll have almost eight months off from teaching, though, so I'm tempted to work hard and get some more written so I have the basis going for another book. It's so much work, though, so I need to talk myself into it. (I keep going back and forth on whether or not I want to actually write that much.) My last project came from my dissertation, so I didn't have too much to revise, but this would be starting from scratch. Last time, I worked on issues of nationalism and national identity in women writers, and since then I've become interested in thinking about violence and the body as it's represented in women's writing during my period (late 18th C and Romanticism). Sorry -- I know that that's probably really boring and more info than you wanted!;-) I'm so excited about getting started with the KB stuff! Oh, do you use "traditional" workouts once or twice a week, along with a day or two of KB workouts? Do you go back to a few weeks of regular lifting after using them? I'm worried about how I'm going to incorporate them into my usual GS, S&H, 4DS, and PS rotations . . . .

Leanne, holy crap girl, brains, looks and a bod built for sin?!:7 You got it all chica, lucky man your DH!:) Seriously, you are really smart , I had no idea you write that much! And on the most interesting subjects, really!
Isn't Jari freaky deaky? Now, I am quite sure she is a lovely person and all, but I will take Cathe's fake spray tan(HSC comes to mind, bless her heart) over Jari's Barbie doll look any day.;) That is not to say her workouts suck though..I did not like Turbo Jam because I could not stand whats her name...in one workout she actually wore a skirt that looked like the one Miss Spears wore in her "Hit me baby one more time" video.:eek: Uh, not my thing. Oh dear I am being a bit cranky aren't I?:p

Hey, where is everyone today? I actually took a nap, I am so sleepy today, I think DH's daughter must be an energy vampire, every time she leaves, it takes me a day or two to recover.:p
I am slurping down java hoping it will motivate me off the chair and into my gym. Once I get started it should be fine...kettleballs sound very cool, I am just a little "workout equipment shy" right now after my last two purchases...P90X Plus and that stupid Jumpsnap.x(

Get moving Tneah!!

Oh, Tneah, you are just too sweet and much TOO kind! YOU are the one who is the smokin' hot, gorgeous, smart one! :D I haven't written much at all lately -- not for over a year since I've been in burnout mode from the book stuff. But I'm looking forward to getting back into it. I just need to psych myself up! LOL about the Turbo Jam woman in her skirt. How practical could that be to work out in?! Ah, are we luring you to the siren song of the kettlebells, too? Wouldn't it be fun if we started a mini-check-in thread with them! We need to get Lainie using hers, too. Hope that you get your energy back, but take it easy tonight if you're not feeling up to working legs. Besides DH's daughter being an energy-suck, Aunt Flo is a huge one, too! Your legs might need a rest from all that cycling this morning!

Oh, I forgot to tell you all that I tried that Pro Pudding from Vitamin Shoppe and it's really tasty! I've had it twice now as a snack/dessert at night, and it's much better than my homemade version (where I try to stir some sugar-free pudding mix into some skim milk and protein powder -- gag!).

Tomorrow we're supposed to get huge thunderstorms here, so I think I'm going to play hooky (sp?) tomorrow evening from graduation and take some sick time. I mean, are we really supposed to sit outdoors in the rain?! Ug!

I did it! I worked my legs...not the best workout, but enough that I may feel a little DOMS tomorrow. Who cares? I did it. Whew.

Raining in SD? Boy, you all have been having crazy weather like us, it was over 100 a day ago, today it was 74 and tomorrow I think we are having rain showers too, which I love, because it makes everything smell so good.

I have to try that whey protein, I had ordered so many PVL proteins from bodybuilding.com that until I use them all up, do not want to order more. But am down to my last two, so will check it out.

Oh and I got my new book "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" today from Amazon, will read through that tonight, I always am open to others thoughts and this one looked interesting.

Off to the hot bath waiting for me, and then cozy jammies..oh! Victoria's Secret is having their annual bra/panty sale online right now, not sure if you all wear their bra's but they have some cute ones for only 19.99!:)

Hello Melters.

Crazy past couple of days, I just heard from an old college roommate (guy) on my email. He's originally from NJ and seen my pic/write up in a alumn magazine. We lived in a house called the Animal House. We had the best theme parties ever!! I meet up with him and his wife over the 4th of July right here in MI. Now, they live in WI.

Tonight, I did SJP without interruption. Plus, I finally got a reply back from World Vision on my sponsor child.

Thank GOD, it's almost Friday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.