>>>>> CHEETAHS <<<<< Wed., 1/17

seeking_guns

Cathlete
G'morning, cheetahs :)

How are we on this hump day?

I am not sure what I'll be doing after school today - possibly a run if the wind isn't too outta control. But it'll be the ol' play-by-ear approach.

Well, it looks like I was the last to post last night, so I have no catching up to do.

Will be back later to see what you ladies are up to and to post info about the t-shirt orders. Anyone just dropping in who still wants to vote on color and graphic design, it's not too late!

Enjoy your Wednesday & your workouts, cheetahs!
Cathy :)

Good Morning ladies,

no workout again yesterdayx( . geez this is the longest (4 days) i've gone without working out in a very long while. tonight i am definitely not working in the gym so i am planning on doing a circuit workout when i get home.

cathy- keep us posted about the shirts. i may not be able to post everyday but i at least try to read about what's going on with everyone.

have a great hump day everyone:)

T-Shirt Ordering

OK, we'll see if we get any more votes in today, but it looks as though we are going with the design below on a black tee.

http://mylalclass.com/cathescheetahs.jpg

The cost of the t-shirts comes to $18.20, so I will ask that you make it $21 to cover shipping. If, by some chance, we wind up getting more than 15 shirt orders, that price could drop a bit.

Sizes are said to be "generous." For the company's sizing guide, please click here: http://www.customink.com/items/sizing/99100_lineup/standard.htm

So, folks can start PM'ing me their orders ~ how many shirts? What size? And your mailing address, please. (If you did the x-mas card exchange, I still have your address).

Cathy :)

Sunny ::: sorry you haven't managed to squeeze in any workouts with your hectic schedule. Hang in there ~ it's temporary! Have a great w/out tonight! Circuits sound good.

Is it morning already????:-( :-( I could use another two hours at least! DS and I didn't get home from the party until 9:30 and then it was spelling reviews and get him off to bed. Without sitting down (because then I would've fallen asleep) I got ready for another TS party tonight. This one should be a blast, the hostess and her sister are a complete riot.

I won't have much time for personals today, sorry.....no workout either x( because right after my ft job I am off to do this party, but step class tomorrow and I will need it!!

I'm also headed to Weight Watchers at lunch to get back in the "program" of eating. That worked for me before and I know it will again. ;-)

I'm off to get some more coffee, be back before I sign off.

Marcia.

Good Morning Cheethas-

Cathy- I hope you can get your run in. If not I know you will do another fun workout!

Sunny- That circuit WO will feel great this evening :)

Marcia- Whoa, your schedule is packed. It is funny, I was reflecting with oldest DD about houw we used to be crazy with the schedule when the four kids were all in sports after school.

Today's plan is a canal run, however the path doesn't get plowed or salted and with the ice blanket topped with snow I'm thinking not. I will check with my friend to see if there is better route or do the TM. (I am in the mood to run w/ a friend but it is 9 degrees)

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Just popping in quickly to say good morning to my Cheetahs!

No time for personals as I have to get ready for work but I'll get them in later!:)

Today after work it's shoulders&arms/ARX. I normally would be taking a class at the gym this evening but I may opt to do YogaX (a day early) instead and take a class tmrw morning instead. I'll see what I feel like doing later in the day. Either way I'll get it all in. :)

Okay, outta time...BBL!:+

Good Morning Cheetahs. On tap for me today is some type of cross trainging workout. I think will go easy on the body and do an old Firm tape.

Good Morning Judy, Sunny, Marcia, and Wendy.

Cathy- I'm going to go check the size chart and then I will pm you.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Another quick check in this morning. It's still COOOLLLD out there - no run again as there is now black ice everywhere and I'm not going to even drive until the temps get a bit higher. So, I'm thinking I'll do LIC - need a bit of a break after B&G yesterday anyway!!!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy....you are far from a wussy bear! Just a busy cheetah...Yes, I have definitely learrned to be more careful with injuries as I have aged...$21 sounds great for the T-Shirts. http://www.wondercliparts.com/thanks/graphics/thanks_05.gif[/img] Good job on the CF premix. Hope the wind cooperates and you can get in a run later.

Sunny..hope you can get in a workout today.

Judy..9 degrees!!! Yeow....and I was whining about 24 yesterday...:)..hope you get in a run with your friend...what do you wear in those temps?

Wendy...Have fun with shoulders & arms and ARX!

Karen..thats funny you say a Firm workout is easy....Remember before Cathe when they seemed hard (well the old Firms anyway!)

Christine....one of these days I will have to try that B&G Blast. What???? I thought for sure it only took you 15 min to get to work!!...:)..Yes, the garmin does ascending and descending elevation as you run, also which direction you are going all the time N,S,E or W (In case you get lost). The massage was really nice. The weird thing about the ITB is the pain was more in the back of my knee when bending, and just a bit on the side. Also I didn't do the usual things to get it like increasing my distance. But I did order some new shoes as that could be it also. I know I need to do more leg strengthening, as I have kinda been lax. It is not that bad so hopefully I caught it in time...:)...Darn, I don't have a cellar...

Susan...a good sign that your L4 and L5 are getting better! I am just going to be careful with my ITB. I am getting new shoes and luckily if this is just the start then I should be able to heal it myself.

I am doing S&H Sho, bi's and tri's, abs if I have time and a 4 mile run to see how the IT band feels.

Have a great day...:)

We posted at the same time Christine! We are a bit warmer today 42 compared to 24 yesterday....have fun with LIC...:)

G'morning Cheetahs!! Y'day was a busy day, I didn't have a chance to pop back in! Kiersten is feeling better & back to school today. Thank God this was a short illness for her, she's missed enough school already this year!! She goes in to the ENT next week so we'll see what she has to say about her ears/ throat.

The girls had ice skating lessons last night & then I met some of my friends for a *girls* night dinner. A friend of mine is pg & going in for delivery on Thurs (scheduled c-section) so it was fun.

I did CF y'day afternoon which was fun!! I liked seeing how she blended the new workouts together & ending w/ the drills for DM is great! (I just love DM!)

I'm going to the Y this morning. I plan on running a bit on the TM, then trying out the elliptical, and swimming once it's lap swim time. (as long as I can find my swimming goggles!! I don't know where they are!)

OK, gotta run. Sorry I've been a bit scarce, it seems my computer time has been limited. Have a great Wednesday!

Good morning ladies,
I am up enjoying my bran muffin and a big cup of green tea....ahhh. I just so love green tea:) I am off to the gym today to hop on the elliptical and then some abs and stretch. My back felt great yesterday and so far today it is behaving itself. I read in that article Christine posted about running while your in pain and it said to ice BEFORE and after your workout. I am thinking of doing that. I am so glad am I am allowed and able to workout through this injury. I am hoping to be able to start running again in about 3 weeks, we will see.

Cathy, the t-shirts are going to be great! My little ones are so excited about them. They think that mommy is so lucky to get a shirt with a big cat on it(LOL)! I will pm you my size in a bit.

Sunny, what circuit workout are you going to do? I say bootcamp or Circuit max:)

Marcia, enjoy your party and have a great step workout tomorrow.

Judy, 9 degrees? Oh, I would definitley be on the treadmill;)

Wendy, you are becoming a yogini! you may have to try Yummy bottoms again}(

Karenvictoria, I still have all of my firm tapes. I think my favorite is one called super cardio and I really like the one called standing legs, OUCH!!!

Christine, It is so freaking cold out there. I am having a horrible time getting the darlings up. Thanks for the article about running and pain. I found it very interesting. Don't worry I am not going to start sprinting today. I have made such progress right now, that I do not want to blow it. Have fun with LIC! That will be easy after the butts and gutts you did the other day.

Carole, I will think good thoughts about your ITB and hopefully it will not give you any problems today:)

Jess, that sounds like a fun night! I am so glad that Kiersten is feeling better and back at school. Let us know what you think of the elliptical and good luck on the treadmill:)

Hello to all that follow. Have a great day friends!

Susan

Well, LIC did not happen. I ended up snoozing on the sofa and waking up past the time where I could get in a workout and still get to work at a decent time! But, my company is offering the same deal on the same gym membership that my old company did, and the next two weeks are free, so I figured I’d go to the gym and so something – probably a treadmill run. *oops runs to get iPod to charge* I’m listening to iTrain BootCamp – sounds interesting – it’s 5/6 minutes steady state cardio (running, climbing and others) followed by a few minutes of things like lunges, squats, jumps – and other things to get the HR up there – just trying to figure out if I can manage this at the gym!)

So now I’m here at work REALLY early and have some time for personals…

Cathy – again, thank you so much for all of your work on the t-shirts! Are you going to set up a paypal account or should we mail you checks? Have fun with your run!

Sunny – good luck getting in a workout tonight! I know how you feel – even though in the scheme of things, it’s not that bad, I know I function better with a workout!

Marcia – hope the party was a success!! Weight Watchers is a great program! I wish you much success in both!

Judy – oh yeah, I’m a wuss! The idea of running in 9 degrees on a snow covered path – yeah, doesn’t cut it! I so admire you! Enjoy your run – regardless of where you do it.

Wendy – enjoy your P90X workout! YogaX sounds like a good one, too – nice for right after a hardcore weight workout!

Karen – enjoy your cross training!

Carole – Darn! I missed you! That’s odd with the IT Band – yes, hopefully you caught it in time. I think you did – you’re pretty good with that kind of stuff. But that Leg Blast Premix will get those legs in shape – it’s killer – and NO barbell!! I think the highest weights you use is a 10 pounder – and you FEEL IT!!! Thanks for the info on the Garmin. I’m seriously considering one, but I have to pay for my DD14’s trip to NY city and Broadway first.

Karen – GOOD LUCK WITH YOU FIRST 5K!! Don’t freeze!! Keep a light scarf handy to filter the cold air.

Jess – good luck finding your goggles! Sounds like you had a great time. Enjoy your workout – sound like a good one…

Susan – I had no doubts that you would be smart about you pain – you always are. Sounds like a great breakfast! It IS so freaking cold here! Although Judy has us beat! I’m just not used to these temps. Thank heavens for seat warmers in my Mini!! That muffin sounds fabulous! I’m hungry… *Trots off to make breakfast*

Good morning Cheetahs! It looks like I have a little free time before work notices that I’m not swamped and piles on the workload again. I’m sorry I haven’t been around here to keep up with everyone.

No workout yesterday. The daycare called me. DS was running a 102.5 temperature, however by the time I got there it had dropped to 101.3. Last night he did not have any other symptoms and the temperature went away. He was able to go back to daycare today, but I’m just wandering if this will turn into something worse. The flu and strep throat are going around the classes and the state for that matter. Also, DD’s left ear is draining from the tubes she had put in back in May so I now know she has an ear infection which was not there on Friday when she went to the doctor. Tis the cold & flu season!

Anyway, during lunch today I plan to run 3 miles. We will see how it goes. I need my calf to heal so I can fully train for my HM. My DB will never let me live it down if I can’t run it with him because I am the one who got him to sign up in the first place.

Cathy – I just voted on the color and graphic design. Sorry I’m so late. I’ll be pm’ing you with my order. Thanks for doing all the legwork on these shirts.

SunnyD – I’m sorry to hear about you not getting the job! Have a great circuit workout!

Marcia – Good luck with Weight Watchers. My office manager has lost 100 pounds doing it this past 1 1/2 years.

Judy – Have fun running. The canal run sounds pretty dangerous with the ice. Be careful.

Carol – Enjoy S&H SBT and your run. How was your IT band during your run?

Hi to Wendy, Karen, Christine, Jess, Susan, and the other Cheetahs I am missing!

Have a great day!

I'm back again with good news. On a bright note my 3 mile treadmill run went well. I ran at a very slow turtle pace, 4.5 mph. At mile 2 I went up to 5 mph and my calf started hurting a little. Needless to say, I will stick with 4.5 mph if it means that I can still get in my mileage. Maybe my calf problem will work itself out with stretching & more strength training. I guess I will have to wait and see.

I'll be back later!

Well, I enjoyed my first morning at the Y!! So much to think about & remember though!! I found my goggles & swim suit, had to pack all of my shower stuff (forgot my comb though- doh!!!), clothes, etc. I did the elliptical for 20 min (which I enjoyed, a nice change of pace but there's no way I could stay on that thing for an hour!), then did 20 min of intervals & incline on the treadmill. Then I hit the pool for 20+ min (didn't pay attention to time there). Good workout!! I definitely need to work on my swimming though, I'm not a bad swimmer but need to work on my form. At least it's only a 600 yd swim!! ;-) Allison had fun at the daycare & had some other kids to play with. I was STARVING when I was done, I forgot how hungry swimming makes you!!

Now I'm off to do GS triceps & a coremax segment. I didn't have a chance to do triceps y'day. I still had a little DOMS in my chest from GS chest on Mon, I could feel it while swimming!!

Have a great afternoon!

Jes- You really had a great WO! My friend will do similar combinations of running, biking and swiming at the Y.

Well we did run outside today. We managed a neighborhood 5.3 mile run that was on a plowed / salted area. the temp was 13 degrees.

Carole- I wore an under armour t-neck and leggings, 2 pairs of thin wool runing socks (perfect!) a cotton turtle ncek and a double layer wind shirt. For my hands, head and face: ski gloves, a hat, and neck warmer. I forgot my wind pants and my legs butt and thighs were very cold! But other wise I was sweating!

Wendy- I like how you are making P90X work for your time!

Kristi- Good job on the T-mill run!

Christine- did you manage to do I-train BC at the gym?

HI Susan! You are very positive!!!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.