-=-=-=kettlebell check in - wednesday=-=-=

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Wow what a workout today! I am really enjoying the crossfit workouts! shorter workouts and heavy duty stuff! How am I going to fit all the crossfit/aos dvds/ aos downloadable workouts/ and cardio into a rotation after this week!!??:eek::p:D I never thought I would be able to workout and have fun doing it without the dvds! so glad I did etk, that proved to me I could workout with out dvds and still be committed!...well, that doesn't sound good!;) committed to working out!!LOL

Anywhoo... here is todays workout copied from my blog:
(which just for fun I titled my blog....holy metabolic workout batman!:p)
today's workout: From Jersey Shore Crossfit:

Eight Minute Conditioning Couplets

[FONT=&quot]More Efficient Fat Burning[/FONT]
Do 15 seconds of work 15 seconds rest at each couplet.
Use the GymBoss Timer

Each couplet will be 8 minutes.

Complete 8 rounds, take 1 minute rest and move on to the next couplet.

This type of training is very efficient. You will get a lot of work done in 24 minutes of time.

It's really only 12 minutes of work total, and you will burn fat for the rest of the day.

Here are the couplets

• Jumping pull ups or kipping pull ups/ Mountain climbers
  • Sumo deadlift high pulls(kb or BB)/Push presses (kb or db)
  • Kettlebell swings/ burpees

***comments
**warm up: jumprope 2 minutes used the white jumprope
**sumo deadlift high pulls became just sumo deadlifts
**sumo deadlift/push press couplet: I started with the 30#kb, after the second couplet I went up to the 35#:)
**for the kb swings I used the 45# - did 10 reps every time and 4 burpees every time

really good workout- and fun!! I am good and sweaty! this is definitely a "do again"!:D ......I have been doing mostly cardio/not heavy weights this week as a sort of break/rest week from etk.

Marcy:::: Congrats on the new addition!!:):) I have to say I love his name, it is my DS9's name!! great workout as always yesterday!

Gayle::: hope you enjoyed your rest day

Jane::: great workout, hope you enjoyed it! I am going to try med ball slams with my 8#med ball and see how it goes. thanks for the link on form!

Rhonda:::: I hope DH has/had a happy birthday!!

Andilynn::: sounds like you are enjoying sts! stick with the pushups! the more you do the easier they will be!!

Have a great wednesday everyone!!

Good Morning,

Today is my 3.5 mile run day. I have 2-5K races this weekend. One of them is on Friday night and the other is on Saturday morning. I don't know how my sister talked me into doing this but at the time it made sense. She told me it's just like doing a 10K with a 12 hour rest in between. :eek:

Deanie ~ I'm so glad you are lovin' the Crossfit workouts! :D I love them and I always have an unlimited supply of workouts. I literally have a file folder packed with workouts that I have pulled from CF, Mountain Athlete and Gym Jones. After I get done doing a workout, I type them up and put them in a 3-ring binder for future use (yes I am a geek). Enjoy! I do know what you mean about not having time to do all the workouts you want to do. I feel the same way.

Marcy ~ Congrats on the addition to your family!!

Gayle ~ Enjoy your rest day!

Andilynn ~ I need to get a heavier ball for Slam Ball. My sister uses the 18# Dyna-ball which is nice but is bigger and bulky than the smaller ball that I use. I want to get one that is 20 or 25 pounds. Slam Ball is also good for releasing stress.

Rhonda ~ Hope your DH had a great birthday. What kind of cake did you make? Any leftovers? :p

Have a great day!

Hi everyone!

Deanie - I'm also pleased to see that you're liking these workouts! I agree with Jane that the workout options are limitless with these. I think "Holy Metabolic Workout Batman" is much more eye catching than "8 Minute Conditioning Couplets". :p

Jane - Have great run today! Your weekend sounds ambitious. Your sister is doing both races with you, right? :)

Rhonda - Happy Birthday to your DH!

Waves hello to Marcy and Andilynn. :)

Have a good day!

Good Afternoon!

I overslept this morning:mad: Here is my big workout for the day:

10-min. warmup from Amy Bento's new Kickbox Surge. I really liked the warmup and from the reviews I've been reading, I'm sure I'll like the whole workout. Her Kettlebell Dynamics got some pretty good reviews but I'm a little unsure about that one. I also got in a .4 mile walk with Max.

Deanie - Do you miss ETK or are you glad it's over? I'm so glad you approve of Max's name.:D Sounds like you had another great workout. So are you pretty much going to be doing Crossfit workouts from here on out? Sounds like you're really enjoying them.

Rhonda - Happy Birthday to your DH! What kind of cake did you make? Did you have time for Cathe yesterday?

Gayle - Love the new name for Deanie's workout today!

Jane - I imagine Slam Balls are great for relieving stress. Good luck with your races this weekend!

Waves to Andilynn!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.