====Watercoolers, Cycling Sunday May 4, 2008====

Netta

Cathlete
Hi all, I'm off to meet for carpooling to the bike ride. It's a 2 hour drive from here (to the ride, not the carpool area). Should be a lovely day for a bike ride. We'll be done before the hottest time of the day.

Hope everyone has a great day and I'll check back in when I get home.

Jeanette

Good Morning All

Up and had breakfast and relaxing with my coffee and watching Coronation St.

Little DS wants to watch a DVD so have to get off to give him the computer. At least this way I can watch my show on the big screen! When did he become boss?

BBL.

Good luck on the bike ride Jeanette!

Ouch Sandra, keep icing that elbow! Is it better today?

I'm just off to meet my friend for a 10 mile run so will catch up later. Kim

Good morning,

I just did Eoin's PY4H2 Shoulder High. I meant to do one of the longer routines, but accidentally slept in too long for that. So, I'm inhaling a bowl of oatmeal, then I have to throw on some clothes and head off for a full day of my instructor course.

Thanks everyone for asking about my elbow! Most of the swelling went down by yesterday evening. It's definitely just a nasty bruise.

Wendy - thanks for reminding me about arnica cream! Yes, I happen to have a tube of that in my cupboard! I always forget I have that. It's not something my mother used on us as kids, so it never occurs to me to use it, either.

Jeanette - Have a fun ride today!!

Patricia & Kim - early birds again! Isn't it nice to get such early morning sunlight?

Debra - What? You're not interested in having an illicit affair with the new neighbour? Come on! You need more drama in your life....

Well, that's all I have time for right now. I'll be back later (probably tomorrow) to see how everyone's Sunday panned out.

Cheers!
Sandra

Good Morning Ladies!

Jenn and I are meeting up today for a pampering event. I'm not sure what all it includes. There will be a lot of vendors, alcohol, and music there though. It's sponsored by a radio station.

I might take another rest day today. We moved the art supply cabinet and emptied out ALL the contents last night. So, I've gotta go through everything and decide what to keep or toss. That's the hardest part for me! I tend to keep too much!!!

Jeanette: Why didn't I realize how bad off grandmom is doing. I know you mentioned that her health had declined, but I didn't realize the seriousness of it all! I am so sorry!!! Were your parents able to enjoy the concert last night? It is such a blessing to care for family during their final days. Some people never get that opportunity for many reasons, and it's a shame. Do you remember how we were all so thankful that FIL's last stage of cancer was short? We were so grateful that he never went into a nursing home, but was surrounded by the family up to the very end when he finally got peace. It's heartbreaking to watch them suffer! HUGS!!!!!!!!! Try to have a great ride!!!

Kim: Good Morning Early Riser!

Sandra: Have fun at the Y!!! Glad to hear the swelling went down. I should buy some arnica the next time I go to Nature's Pantry. If I don't get a workout in today, I'll squeeze some Shoulder High into my day after I get out of the shower. But, it always goes better after a workout when my body is all warm from the inside out.

Debra: I wished I got bit by the bug years ago! Then it wouldn't be so massive. sigh I don't blame you for wanting to increase your cardio when it's already 2 days a week. Now that the weather is nicer, I plan on biking more outside. Yes, make a decision and tell me where you're planning on staying, so I can make hotel reservations.:D Tell Miss Diva that my girls are excited too!!!! They love the beach and playing with sweet girls!!!

Patricia: Would it be safe to walk from the subway station to the Dovercourt studio? Or should I rent a car instead? Do you have any hotel suggestions? It's difficult knowing without ever having visited an area. LOL about dc being bossy. It's an issue I have to constantly work on with eldest dd. She was born, shall we say, with an over abundance of leadership ambition.:7

Okay ladies, I'm off to do some laundry and start cleaning.

Have a great day!
Wendy

Good morning all!! Sounds like everyone is up and running this morning. I am done licking my daiquiri wounds from Friday night, and I am feeling pretty perky this morning. DD and I are heading out to breakfast, and then we are meeting my mom and uncle at the farmer's market. There is a craft fair going on there today too, so that will be fun. The weather is wonderful here, so I am looking forward to being outside for a while. CBL is coming over tonight for dinner, and I am making chicken wings (baked, not fried) and salad. Not sure what workout I am doing today. My knee is bugging me a bit...probably some kind of kickboxing will be okay. I don't think I will be walking fast enough at the farmers market to count that as my cardio...LOL!

personals...

Jeanette...
Hope you have a great time on your ride today. I am sure you will. Why did Father Tony go to Sri Lanka?? Some sort of missionary work? Glad your parents had a nice time last night. It is always good to get out some...especially when Grandma keeps them pretty busy at home. If my creep-o neighbor had said it in a fitness sort of way, I probably wouldn't have noticed it....it just bugged me that he said it when everyone else was somewhere else. Ugh.

Sandra...
Yes...that is just what I need another man in my life...I have at least 1 too many already!!!! Glad your elbow is okay. Have a wonderful time with your course today and learn lots of interesting information!

Wendy...
I am going to talk to my mom today and see if she is willing to take DD for me...She is already taking her for a week in July when CBL and I go on vacation together...so I want to see if she is willing to do another long weekend. Have fun with Jenn today at your pampering event...didn't you already get pampered once this week already?? I think you are getting spoiled....LOL! I just don't like cardio for the most part...part of my inherent laziness...but I think 3 days will be good for my system...and then I can just do a body part a day and do yoga on the other days.

Patricia and Kim.....
Good morning gals! Have a fun days today...and Patricia...soon you will be wrestling the remote out of DS's little sticky hands!!

Okay...I have to yell up at the Diva as she is supposed to be cleaning her room...but all I hear is singing!! I will try to be back this afternoon, but it may be tomorrow. I have my group presentation tomorrow....I am so over it at this point, I have stopped worrying about it!!! Wish me luck though!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Debra: I forgot to tell you that I took a look at your tailgating pictures. LOL on the luscious carbs and proteins!!!! You and CBL look so happy, and not just because of the beverage choices!}( I'll join you with the clean eating and cardio tomorrow!!! :)

Hugs and Kisses to ALL!!!

Wendy

Well my friend and I did our 10 mile run in the snow this morning. I don't know how the weatherpeople went from predicting a beautiful sunny weekend to -6 with snow. What a disappointment! So no yardwork or pool setting up was done.

I got home from our run and had 15 mins to get ready for church. Church went late, home and made lunch and now relaxing and enjoying my coffee. I see a nap in the future. The doggie woke me up early againx(

Sandra- Glad that the elbow is feeling better! Yes, ds's surgery will be invasive, it will be an incision in the abdomen. I guess that's invasive, I'm sure I will be more upset than he will be. He is nervous though. Newspaper headlines?? I didn't realize that I had to memorize them. I'm sure being Winnipeg it had something to do with a homicide. I think we're the murder capital as well as the car theft capital of Canada now.

Hmm, Lululemon clothes, I might have to go look at the running tops soon. I looked at RunningRoom yesterday but I didn't like any of them.

Laurie Do you think you'll get the new Tony dvds? If the price is reasonable I think I might get them. The RopeSport dvd sounds like fun, where do you do it? I'm not sure if I would have the room.

Jeanette I'm sorry that your grandma isn't doing well. So nice that you're getting to spend this time with her. How long of a bike ride did your group do today?

Debra- The neighbour's comment does seem like a strange thing to say to someone that you just met but there are some people that are just socially awkward so maybe just see how things go over the next few weeks before making a judgement.The whole family does sound a little strange. Did you get the strawberries frozen?? Good luck with your presentation tomorrow!

Patricia Glad you like the TJ! I never bought those ones because I thought they would be too dancy for me.

Wendy So is your shoulder/back all better now? Hope you get yourself all organized today! This summer we are redoing a couple of rooms, moving ds to a basement bedroom which is presently the office, moving the office to the rec room, etc My first step is to empty the rec room of all toys that are too young for my kids. It sures feels good to declutter but it is anxiety provoking. A coworker stopped by on Friday and a gave her a carload of Fisher Price toys for free then I woke up during the night thinking why did I give it all away. LOL Kinda of bittersweet as it means the kids are growing up.

Kim

Good Evening Folks

Relaxing Sunday evening as DH puts the little guy to bed. Got some fresh air this afternoon as the sun finally came out.

Wendy - your comment about pampering reminded me I really need to give my self a pedicure, so as I type this my toes are drying. I've been meaning to do it for a while what with going out to yoga my toes are exposed and sometimes its not until I get to class and take off my socks that I remember they need doing. :) Glad to see your still organizing. Get it all done and you can take the summer off!

Sandra - glad to hear your injury is feeling better. Hope you learned a lot at the Y today.

Kim - I don't find TJ dancy as in hard choreography. Nothing like Amy's that for sure. I just don't like to do it in front of an audience b/c my hips/pelvis sure doesn't move like Chalenes:p Man when will spring arrive. Enough with the snow. I almost fell asleep my my DS this afternoon when I put him down for a nap but I just can't stand sleeping during the day or any time for that matter. I put is off for as long as possible. Hope you got yours though.

Jeanette - how was your bike ride? I'm glad I'm not the only one who drives 2 hours to go cycling. Sometimess thats what it takes to get to some good trails. Have not done that in several years though. DH bought a new bike last week and s/b picking it up this week. He'll take mine it for a tune up as it hasn't been riddent in a couple years.

Hi to everyone else. Hope the weekend was kind to you.

Talk tomorrow.

Debra - how was the farmers market. Buy anything good? I did some Power Yoga today for about 20min and it was all sun salutations. What a bore. Now I remember why I don't pull out that tape too often. DH, DS and myself went for about 1/2hr walk along trails that run near our house. It was fun to go discovering as we hadn't tried them out since we moved here especially now that DS walks a lot further.

Good Evening Ladies,

Jenn and I had a good time today. We both got free samples, massages and our makeup done. I passed on a facial since I just started using MyChelle products and didn't want more new stuff scrubbed on my face.

Kim: You're not kidding about the snow being a disappointment! When does the snow end your way? ^^5^^ to you and your friend for running 10 miles in the snow. Hey, did you ever take before and after pictures of your X rotation? If so, you best link them to me in an email! :p It's only fair!:+ You know, I'm not a huge Lululemon fan. I actually prefer Prana. It doesn't pill up after repeated washings, and the cut is much nicer than most Lululemon outfits. Also, Prana has much softer material. Although, my new Lululemon rolldown yoga pants seem to be holding up much better than my other Reverse Grooves and Instructor's pants. I think it's because I hung dried my Reverse Grooves and Instructor pants for over a year instead of putting them into the dryer to remove lint and dog hair. After awhile, the link and hair worked its way into the fibers and started piling. I've been so spoiled wearing Lululemon and Prana, I hardly ever wear my Nikes. They feel too scratchy on my skin now. I'll probably put my Nike clothes on ebay soon. My shoulder/back is actually feeling a wee bit better. It still is causing me some pain, but not as intense. I think the yoga is helping me stretch and loosen it up more. I have an appointment with the massage therapist on Tuesday at 7:00. I better double check the time. I would hate to show up an hour late!!! I just did 3 chin-ups and 3 pull-ups today back to back. I'm too scared to do them till failure. Can't wait until I'm back to normal and can incorporate more into my rotation. Yep! That is my problem. I've always had a child grow into something (toys, clothes, books, etc) that it's hard getting rid of outgrown items. I finally got rid of baby clothes a couple of years ago... the twins were 7!!!! It's sad that they have to grow up without replacements!:( You would be proud of me though. Legos (the toddler sized ones) are in the give away pile!!! I do keep some toys and favorite books for future grandchildren. Hey, I have to be prepared for anything with 6 kids!:+

Patricia: I always like to have pretty toes for yoga class. That's why I usually paint my toenails during art class. I even let the art teacher pick which color to use!:7 I think it will take me all summer to organize everything properly. I need to simplify and declutter my life! It will help when eldest ds comes home this summer and takes his clothes back to Germany. Knowing him, he'll only take one suitcase. Again I ask: How's Toronto traffic? Should I rent a car or take the subway while there?

Debra: Sending you ~~~~~A+~~~~~ vibes!!!! Also, go over to VF and search "Eoin Finn Workshop" when you get a chance. There's some interesting field reports. There's one from a PY4H type workshop. It wouldn't be the same focus as the alignment series. But, there's another one that seems to be similar, only it was a Sunday afternoon class offered at the end of a yoga conference, not a weekend workshop. Anyhow, it was interesting to read their thoughts.

Okay ladies, I'm going to play on OD before I hit the sack.

Sweet Dreams to ALL!!!

Wendy

Hi ladies,
Sitting here in my jammies, munching on some salt and pepper kettle chips and again watchingthat Dean Martin Roast informercial. Watching Tim Conway right now. I think he's so funny. Used to love his show.

Today's ride was just flat awesome!!! We did 70 miles on mostly traffic free country roads with decent surfaces for most of them, challenging climbs with a lot of them being shady, roadside waterfalls, fast downhills, fragrant wildflowers and yummy food. The rest areas were well stocked with sports drinks and water, bagels, peanut butter, cookies, fruit like bananas, oranges, grapes, strawberries. Lunch came at mile 50 and there were great breads, cold cuts, cheeses, salads, chips, dips, more fruit, cookies and more sports drinks. Then, when we got back there was a homemade burrito and pie dinner. Believe me, if you didn't get enough to eat, it was your own fault. Oh yes, the weather was just perfect too. I rode in my sleeveless jersey with just arm warmers at the start of the ride, which was 7:20 a.m. My legs were good and strong for this ride, unlike last Sunday's ride where they were fatigued and sore still from Friday's workout. I think I'll be able to push hard for the triathlon bike leg of 25 miles. That will be in 2 weeks so I can still get some training in this week and taper the week after.

Patricia, what is Coronation Street about? Is it a British show? Is it on satellite? Do you mountain bike ride? What kind of bike did your DH buy? I saw a lot of rigs today with multiple bikes on them so it looks like lots of folks are carpooling with the high gas prices. That's a good thing.

Kim, thanks for the well wishes on the bike ride. It was a very satisfying ride for sure. 10 mile run, wowser! I take my hat off to you. I think running is MUCH harder than cycling. How long before the 1/2 marathon? Snow still???? That's just wrong!!! Our bike ride was 70 miles, though there were options to do more, or even the 100 mile ride, which had 8000' of climbing to it I think. That's a lot of climbing, trust me, especially when the toughest climbing comes near the end of the century, with hot roads.

Wendy, how was the pampering day? You just are living right, girl! My parents really, really enjoyed the concert last night. They went out to dinner together beforehand. So nice for them to get away. It's pretty much day by day with Grandma. I just got done talking with Mom and told her how proud I am of her for being able to handle Grandma, who could be kind of a bully to Mom throughout Mom's life. No longer is Mom so intimidated of her. Grandma is really a pretty good patient. We too are hoping that Grandma goes quietly at home, not in a hospital bed or rest home. You are so right, it is terrible to watch your loved ones suffer. Know you are so thankful that your FIL went quickly. My sister and my aunt (Mom's sister) will be here for Grandma's 94th birthday on June 21st. Maybe Grandma will hold on until then. Thanks for the (((HUGS))) for a good bike ride. It worked. One of our best rides yet, and I've done a few.

Sandra, I'm so glad the bump is down on your elbow. Hopefully, it will be just a memory in a week or so. Sorry about the scratch on your saddle. I bought a new Terry Butterfly that I need to install on my bike. My old one is comfy, but the leather is worn off on the nose of the saddle due to my thighs rubbing on it. I'm hesitant to put it on because it takes a few rides or so to get it dialed in, even though I measure where the old one was. Maybe I'll just go for it and put it on tomorrow night. Did your DH put your bike stuff on for you? Hope the Y course was interesting today.

Debra, your planned day today sounds just wonderful!!! Father Tony is from Sri Lanka originally I believe. He and his mother had to go back there as she had not been able to start receiving a Social Security of some type. They had to go back in person to get it all settled up. He was gone for 3 weeks. His mother stayed back there as she still owns a home there, plus a textile business that is run by one of her other sons. She'll be coming back to the USA around Thanksgiving. Tony and I will be taking a golf lesson tomorrow at 5 p.m. Looking forward to it. That will probably be my workout as I'm taking a rest day from working out tomorrow. Hope the creepy neighbor picked up that you weren't flattered about his comment on your legs (though they ARE some awesome calves). Hope you never have a problem with him or his strange family again. So where are you and CBL going for vacation? Give Julia a hug for me, okay? I really enjoyed spending time with her and her play by play commentary on your neighborhood during our walk on Sunday.

Well, I will sign off for now. No workout for me tomorrow, going to sleep in a bit.

Gotta run,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.