<<<~Wednesday Melters~>>>

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning all!

Thanks for the sympathy last night. I was tired and cranky and feeing sorry for myself. I called my SO at work and told him that he'd have to walk the dogs when he came home, because I was just too dang tired to do it.

Anyway, got up this morning and shoveled again, and cleaned the cars off. I'm hoping they've cleared the highway so the drive to work won't be as horrendous as the drive home was last night.

TK - I have those weeks too, where I just don't feel like doing anything too strenuous. This morning was supposed to be Imax 3 but since I had to shovel, I don't have time, so I'll do it when I get home.

What's everyone up to today? I'm so glad it's hump day and that it's a long weekend coming up (not President's Day for us, but a brand spanking new holiday called Family Day).

Morning, everyone!

The MRI was loud and cold. Brrr. If you ever have one, wear warm socks. :7 I don't know anything yet - I'm supposed to call the doc's office today. I'm sure he'll want me to make another appointment ... and another copay... but oh well.

Last night I had to wait around at the repair shop to have a new battery installed in my truck. So, no workout. And no clean eating, either. When I got home, I stopped by my parents' house and chowed down on M&Ms. :9 And dear Mother was in the process of making giant frosted sugar cookies for Valentine's Day. I don't see a whole lot of melting in the near future.

Shelley - tell that SO of yours that oddball working hours are no excuse. He lives in that house too and needs to do his fair share of the work. Konk him on the head with a dumbbell if you have to. Sounds like he needs some sense knocked into him.

Tneah - I read your posts from yesterday, and I think it's great that you've overcome such obstacles in your life and are so successful. You certainly deserve it.

TK - I expect your lower intensity workouts are simply what you need right now. Don't worry - you'll be back to the hard stuff soon enough. Just consider it an active rest period!

I can't remember anything else from yesterday, so I'll be back later to see what everyone is up to!

Good morning ladies. We are having nasty rain and freezing rain on top of the 5 inches of snow we got yesterday. DH's college is closed and Greyor's therapist called to cancel. It was supposed to be warm enough not to freeze today, but now it's supposed to be cold till the afternoon. DD has a hair appointment this morning. We'll see.

Shelley, I hope you can figure out a way to get some help with the shoveling. And that your commute is better today.

Shannon, your mom sounds like my kind of person. She is always baking something yummy. I hope you get good news on the MRI.

TK, I agree with the beach in the winter, but I do love to sit in the sun during the summer too. My SIL lives in Chesapeake, VA and when we go for visits in the winter months, we always include a day to walk on the beach, no matter the temperatures. They think we are crazy.

Deb, I sure hope you are enjoying nice, sunny, warm weather, wherever you are!

I'm hoping to do somekind of low impact, stepless workout today, along with some kind of weight work. I haven't figured out any details yet. I'll be back later to check in.

Good morning, everyone!

I missed you all yesterday! I'm so sorry that there are such big storms out there for so many of you! I wish I could send some sunshine your way, and I hope that you stay safe and warm. At my work yesterday, it was 85 degrees! That seemed much too warm for this time of year, but it was nice. In my last class of the day, we went to sit outside on the grass to discuss the story we were reading for the day.

I did end up doing my S&H workout on Monday after we got back from Vegas, and it made me feel *much* better. It got me back on track with my eating and workouts. Today I'll be doing a 20-minute HIIT workout, and then it's my last day of a three-week S&H rotation.

On Friday, I'm going to be starting a "famous" old rotation that I found that was originally posted by a woman named Marlene called the Tank Top Arms rotation. Have any of you done it before? It's supposed to get amazing results. Of course, I have to modify a few of the workouts since I don't have some of the older ones, but I did go ahead and splurge on CTX since I had some extra money from a small grant that I did. It'll be nice to have something new to do -- I'm really looking forward to the change!

Shelley -- Family Day sounds like a nice holiday! Glad that that co-worker is speaking to you again. Did you ever figure out what was wrong? How terrible that it took you so long to get home yesterday! Ug! And don't worry about whining! Who else can you whine to if not us?? We completley understand!! Are you feeling better today?

Lainie -- How are you feeling? Did you ever talk the DH into getting a new comforter/sheet set?

Shannon -- Please do keep us posted when you get the MRI results! I'm sending all my positive thoughts your way! Those cookies sound delicious -- and you should enjoy them!!

Robin -- I'm glad that you're feeling better! Be safe and stay inside if that awful weather holds up! How did the carpet cleaning go yesterday?

Tneah -- It's another foggy morning again in SD! It's supposed to be warm again today, though. I love how you described yesterday as a Monet painting! Let us know how that new PB is. It sounds healthy and delicious!

TK -- It's great to see you! How has work been? I hope you're not working too much lately! Sorry that your commute was so awful yesterday.

Hi to anyone I missed! I'll BBL!

Good morning everyone. The school has a 2-hour delay today, so I'll be taking Isaac to the bus stop at 10:30. Ewan's class was canceled at the nursery school since it's just a morning class. It snowed a lot last night, and then it started raining in the wee hours so it's a big slushy mess out there. I had to shovel yesterday because Brian wasn't home yet when it snowed. I actually ended up shoveling twice because he was home a little late. The hardest part was that I was still sore from Monday's back and shoulders workout--and I use those muscles a lot when shoveling.

Today is a chest, biceps, and triceps workout with Amy's Slo-Mo DVD. I'm not as sleepy as yesterday, at least, though I'm not exactly perky.

Shelley, sympathies for the tough day yesterday. I sometimes feel like a single mom during the week because my DH works long hours or travels. He does the shoveling if it needs to be done in the morning or on weekends, but if it snows before he drives home, then I do it, so at least the shoveling doesn't all fall to me. We probably wouldn't have had to shovel at all this time if he had already been home. Oh, I think I gave you a shout-out on my blog last night when I talked about shoveling. :) Oh, and yes I do worry about Isaac snapping his fingers in the tape measure and he actually has pinched them a couple times. But when I've put away the tape measure he either manages to find it anyway or DH gives it back to him, so I just go with the flow. He doesn't hurt himself too badly.

Shannon, your mom's baking habit sounds dangerous. Yikes. Does she have any need to melt or is she one of those skinny bakers?

Robin, how's the knee feeling? I had to cancel my physical therapy today since school is delayed. x( So no nice massage from the cute PT today. We're just getting a ton of rain today turning last night's snow to nasty slush. ***sigh***

TK, I think Isaac might be an architect or contractor or something. Not only does he like the tape measure and to make a cardboard box house, but he's great at constructing stuff with Legos or Lincoln Logs. He's always building stuff. My 2-year old often has crack showing (he's got a big belly so the pants hang under it and sink down in back, too). So DH and I yell "hey, I see a plumber" when he does that--then he goes around saying "I see plumber" though he doesn't know what we're talking about. :D

Leanne, nope, didn't talk DH into a new comforter. But I also started thinking that our old one isn't so bad (and still in great shape). I think maybe it would look nicer if we painted our bedroom--like in our first house we had a sort of cranberry-colored room which looked nice with the cream bedspread.

Tneah, good luck with that new pb. Sounds kind of scary to me!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Good Morning Meltees!:)

Wow, everyone is up and at 'em this morning! The peanut butter does sound scary doesn't it??:eek: I had to order it online because its not in stores yet, but will let you all know how it tastes.:p Mr. Trainer man shot the whole lot of sugar free, calorie free foods down in flames when I emailed him.:-( He said, use sparingly, if at all. And some mumble jumble about too much Splenda turning into trans fatty acids in the body...good grief, he might be "one of those". You know the people who are constantly on the lookout for "bad" foods, etc....tough, he's not on this diet, I am . And if a food has nothing to offer, nothing should be gained right? Yes, I feel like a rebellious teenager here.}(

Shelley, nice to hear your in a better space, but still, get that SO of yours to step it up a little.

Robin, freezing rain? Yuk. Stay home and bundle up, knit, read, watch movies, bake, etc...I love cozy days like that, except when you have stuff to do, maybe DD's hair can wait a day or two?

Lainie, That is so cool you live in New York, that city both fascinates and intimidates me! I remember walking up on Madison Ave and watching all the well-heeled folks having brunch at the little outside cafes, shop, etc...it was so cool, although I felt extremely out of place there! Sorry to hear about the slush, in a city that is just messy and gross. "Crack showing"...heehee, your kids are so cute, I have said that a million times but they are!

Leanne, hey there. Yeah, it was actually hot yesterday wasn't it? Not sure if I am ready for the heat just yet, but it did feel nice didn't it? Glad you are back in the swing of things. Traveling is always hard, you feel like you eat too much, which in turn makes you feel "heavy". I know, I think I am getting water-logged here in humid SD! Las Vegas is so much drier.

Shannon, those cookies sound so delicious, does she put that yummy pink icing on top? With sprinkles? Oh boy! Can't wait to hear back about your calf....

Hi to anyone posting right now or that comes along later. Today is chest/arms or a rest day from the weights, not sure yet. BBL...

>Lainie, That is so cool you live in New York, that city both
>fascinates and intimidates me!

I don't actually live in NYC just NY state--about 20 miles from the city in the 'burbs. I live in a really cute little town called Nyack that's right on the Hudson River and full of antique shops and little boutiques. We would love to live in Manhattan, just hard to do with the kids (schooling seems so complicated there). We are thinking that eventually we'll get a small apartment in the city where Brian can crash if he works late in the city or where we can all stay on weekends or school breaks--we love to surf the internet looking for places. Sometimes we even look at bigger places where we could move to on a more permanent basis, but then we wonder about how to school the kids again. We feel like we are city people at heart but here we are out in the 'burbs. At least it's an old quaint town and not the kind of suburbia we lived in outside of Houston.

My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

Hi ladies... may I vent?

Our company just hit the iceberg, so to speak, and we're sinking faster than the Titanic. We just found out that yet another senior management member is quitting - that makes four in about a month and a half. Of course, everyone says "don't panic," and I'm not. But I assure you that my resume is up to date, and I'm going to start looking for a job. No sense in waiting for the axe to fall. And the 20th is just my one-year anniversary! Sigh.

Robin - I'm glad you're able to stay home in that nasty weather. Ice is horrendous. Hopefully your DD is not going for her hair appoinment! That can wait! And yes, Mom's hobby is baking, so she always has something tasty at the house. She and Dad are trying a modified South Beach type of diet, so she hasn't been baking as much lately, though.

Leanne - 85?? Wow! I'm glad you got to go outside and enjoy it.

Lanie - as I told Robin, Mom is trying to diet... but she's definitely not fat. She maintains pretty well. Have fun with your workout!

Tneah - maybe Mr. Trainer simply doesn't want you to waste calories on food that doesn't have anything to offer nutritionally. He's looking out for you, you know. ;) Yep, Mom uses pink icing. Sometimes she decorates them with M&Ms.

Oh Lainie! I'm so sorry you're having water issues. I wish I could help. I bet the boys want to help.

I just got a delivery of fresh flowers from my sister and her husband! I love being a gimp. I may have knee surgery every other year or so.

Hello!

Shannon, sorry to hear about your job, 20 years is a long time, but I think you are very smart to keep your options open, the economy and security of everything seems so iffy. Oh, and those foods I asked Mr. Trainer man about? They have no fat, no calories, no sugar, and no carbs--so I don't see what the big deal is, its kinda like eating nothing at all isn't it?:p

Lainie, oh no! Your basement is flooded?? Yuk, and yep you will get a great arm workout for sure.

Okay, just finished chest/arms/calves and 45 min. cardio, time for a shower and I need to sit down and write today. Oh, our boat is leaking diesel fuel now...when it rains it pours...boats are a pain in the arse it seems. x(

Lanie - what happened to your basement???? Where'd the water come from? I'm so sorry.

Robin - what kind of flowers? How beautiful!!

Tneah - no, no - it's my one-year anniversary on the 20th, not my 20th anniversary. How can those foods be food if they don't have anything in them? Amazing. :7

Good news: the doc's office called, and the MRI didn't show any abnormalities. So, basically I wait, I guess. He wants me to go back on the anti-inflammatory meds I was taking earlier. But thank goodness I don't have to go back for another appointment.

Shannon, I so relived your calf is OK. I have a feeling you are just going to have to baby it for a long time.

tneah, I've heard a boat is a hole in the water you throw your money in. Or in my neighbor's case, a hole in his backyard. This idiot bought a boat to keep on the Chesapeake a few years ago, but I guess he got tired of going that far every weekend. It's been parked in his yard for the last couple years.

I finished my workout with many modifications. Time to go do the ice thing.

Shannon, yeah!:) Glad nothing is wrong with your calf, so what is going on? Hope you receive some answers soon. And, yeah, weird about the "non-foods" isn't it? I just thought they might help me get over my sugar craving thing.
Sorry, its your 1-year anniversary!
:p

Lainie, hope you aren't drowning girl, and Robin, enjoy your blossoms, don't you love flowers? My faves are long stem white roses...

Tomorrow is Valentines Day! I ordered personalized M&M's with our boats name printed on them for DH.."Dumb Luck". He loved them, and always keeps a bowl filled with candy on his desk.

I sent Vermont Teddy bears to my parents, DH's daughter and my mother in law. They are so dang cute, they come all dressed up in different outfits so you can make them really personal to the person receiving them. OK, off to the races....

Well, the basement is finally draining out. Whew. The water came from melted snow and a ton of rain. It was pretty bad earlier today--ankle deep in much of the basement, but it's going out now. We have a sump pump and I think it just got overwhelmed. It's just an unfinished basement and we don't keep much of value down there, so it could be worse. My main problem was I keep all my workout DVD covers down there (because I keep the DVDs up here in a binder case). Several of the ones on the bottom of the box, which was on the basemet floor, got wet. The main problem is that if I want to resell any of those later, I don't want the cases damaged.

Shannon, good luck with the company situation. I jumped off a sinking ship a few years back and I was glad I did. After I left they ended up cutting back on almost everyone (it was a small company that went from 15 or so in that office to 3). I hope you are able to move along soon.

Robin, I'm so envious! My DH never does flowers. He sucks at that stuff. Luckily he's good in other ways so I shouldn't complain.

Tneah, I'll try to remember your favorite flowers in case I ever need to send some to you. ;) My favorites are gerbera daisies--especially brick red ones.

Hey melters! This morning was GS BSB. I do like the Gym Style series, maybe because of the bands. I always feel so 'worked out' when I'm done.

Shannon: So sorry to hear of your woes at work. Is there any reason why so many people are jumping ship, i.e. merger, bankruptcy, etc? We went thru that at my work about 6 years ago. We all got our end dates and severance info then they turned around and changed their minds a couple months later. We're hiring now because we're so busy. It's no wonder that so few people have company loyalty anymore!

Shelley: WTG on delegating to your SO. Sometimes they just need that kick in the pants to let them know they need to pull their weight.

Robin: You are entirely correct about the 'hole in the water' comment. We always say that BOAT stands for Break Out Another Thousand.

Leanne: I remember reading about the Tank Top rotation. I've never done it though.

Tneah: I read an article the other day that explained that artificial sweeteners, although they have no calories, trigger the body to hold onto fat. I'll have to dig out where I read that when I get home and post the link. Don't know how much of it is based on real scientific research but it was an interesting read.

Lainie: Sorry about your water issues. I hope you didn't have to haul buckets up the steps to dump the water. What a mess and what a workout! We have a small river in the basement now too but it's not anywhere where it will damage anything. The drain and dehumidifier seem to be keeping up so far.

Happy afternoon, all!

I probably won't be able to check in tomorrow since it's my crazy day, so I hope you all have a sweet and lovely Valentine's Day!

In a few minutes, I'm going to start dinner. I'm making a pepper stew in my Dutch oven that sounds tasty. It does call for a bit of cheese, but everything else in the recipe is clean! Of course, I did pick up some dark chocolate for later on! }(

Tneah -- You are such a sweetie, thinking of all your family and your DH! What an adorable idea to get those little bears for everyone. You're always so thoughtful!

Robin -- How lovely that you got flowers!! How did the icing go this afternoon after your workout? Be sure that you're not overdoing anything!

Lainie -- You poor thing!! Are you getting the flooding cleaned up? What a bummer that some of your DVD cases might be ruined.

Shannon -- I'm SO glad to hear that the MRI didn't show anything. Like Robin said, maybe it just needs more rest. How awful about the situation at your work. It sounds, though, like it's a good time to look for something more stable. What kind of company do you work for? Are there other places that are hiring?

TK -- I just love the GS workouts, too! Those bands are just killers! I'll keep you all posted on how the Tank Top rotation goes. And let's definitely start melting again! :) :)

Just coming on to whine. The basement is better, though there's a lot of wet cardboard to get rid of (the majority of stuff down there are just empty boxes.

However, tonight I fell down the stairs. Bam, slid all the way down on my right side with my right arm extended overhead. So I hurt all the way down my right side, particularly my neck, arm, hip, butt, ankle. Well, pretty much all the way down.

Wah, wah, wah! Why am I such a klutz?!?!?

Ouch!:eek: Are you still in one piece? Poor baby, sounds like something i would do, really!:-( Sheesh, that musta hurt something fierce. You need a time out and a hot bath, along with a few aspirin I would imagine.

TK,thanks for the interesting read. Not sure what to I personally think about the sugar wars, but know since I am on a calorie controlled diet plan, I don't run the risk overeating at least. I do however, think that artificial anything probably isn't the best stuff to put in your body either. And that sugar free, calorie free stuff really isn't good, and does not take away the craving for the real sugary stuff. Think I will probably just give it all up, except for in my coffee, gotta have that.;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.