*G*D*M*T* * * * Thursday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning GMT!

Today I did HIIT on the treadmill and stretch max #3 (my favorite)!
Back to school today, no more conferences:) (I did answer the thread last night-67 videos/dvds!)

Gin~ Did you get to run today? If you like Cathe's rotation for Feb. will you do that, or just continue with yours?

Marcy~ If I sub for everything but the upper body work, can I still say I graduated the X?:eek: Tomorrow I have L&G lined up, and I've been subbing for the kickbox. I'm just not happy with the lack of results, and I've been working tooooo hard not to see results. I think I may need a tad more cardio. When I did 4DS I got great results and that has very little cardio. hmmmm......

Tracee~ HI! Tax season is right around the corner (we always do ours in Feb.) Are you gearing up?:)

Have a great day!
BBL,
Deanie

Good Morning DMT!

Today I did CF and then ran 3 miles!}( :p :eek: I burned 870 calories and am worn out. In a good way, of course.;-) I have to admit that when it came time for the squat thrusts in the last drill, I had to just jump in the air. I just didn't have it in me to get down to the floor and jump back up.

Deanie--I'm going to chime in here and say that you have definitely earned the right to say you graduated from the x in a few weeks!!! Have you read the responses from your Q in OD? There were others that were not real pleased with their results.:-( If you want some more cardio, do what I did this morning!}( I need to take a look at Cathe's Feb. rotation and then decide what I will do.

Hi Marcy and Tracee!!

Have a great day!
GIn:)

Good Morning DGT!

This morning was Altar of the Heart and PUB Abs. I finally did a headstand in the middle of the room and held it for 5 seconds. Was just as good a feeling as doing a chinup. I guess PUB abs were a little easier. I was hoping to say they weren't challenging anymore because my core has gotten so strong but Cathe still works me good!

Did everyone see Cathe's post about explaining STS? As compared to the X, it seems like Cathe's putting in an extra week before recovery week. She also recommends cardio on separate days and if you must do both on the same day, split up the workouts between morning and evening or do weights first. I've also been reading a lot of posts where most are saying weights first too. I also prefer to give more energy to my strength workouts since building muscle is more important to me. I think Cathe's going one step further than the X in that in the Mesocycle #3, she only goes for 6-8 reps. I think I'll like this cycle the most. She recommends abs/core workouts twice a week if using weights and three times a week if you're not using weight.

Gin - You wear me out just reading about your cardio workouts. Too much cardio makes me want to eat too much. Hopefully it's not the same for you.

Deanie - Yes, you may still call yourself a graduate. How could you not? I tried to follow it to the letter in the first round but boredom set in and I had to change things up a little bit. I still called myself a graduate. The more cardio/less cardio still gets me confused. I usually stick with one interval workout and my dancing. I might stick in something else on the weekend if I get the chance - usually kickboxing or more dance. Sometimes I think lower intensity works better for me at keeping off the fat. I know they say it's all just about the calories but sometimes I don't think that's the whole answer.

Tracee - Hope you're not working too hard! Hope you get the time to pop in and say hello.

Marcy

Hi Again!

Marcy--Congrats on the headstand in the middle of the room. Did it feel weird? I would be skeeered to try it!:eek: I'm so proud of you!:) I'll have to look for Cathe's explanation of STS. It gets confusing for me and I know it's not supposed to be.
I have been thirstier than usual, but not hungrier today. Obviously I enjoy endurance type cardio workouts. I LOVED long distance training runs. I ran into a friend of mine the other day who used to run 10 miles with me every Saturday. We weren't even training for anything. Of course, it didn't help me lose any weight!:-(

Hi Deanie and Tracee!
Gin:)

I just read Cathe's very thorough explanation of STS and now I have to say ....I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Bring it on! I am excited!!
Gin:7 :7 :7

Gin - It felt so great doing a headstand. The first time I did it this morning, I flopped over on the loveseat again. But then the 2nd time, everything clicked into place and it felt wonderful. Can't wait to try handstands again. I'll have to get out Erich Schiffmann's Inversions again.

Have you ever run a marathon?

I have just been enabled again by people on VF. They were talking about Bikram yoga and mentioned a guy named Tony Sanchez. He's also great to watch like David Swenson. Another human pretzel! But I'll be good and hold off for awhile. I have to repeat to myself: I can't buy anymore, I can't.....

STS sounds great. There's a week more to each cycle than P90X. I'm not looking forward to a full month of endurance but I like how she progresses from endurance to hypertrophy to strength. I think it'll be really good to know our 1 rep max. We'll finally use the proper weight and not have to guess anymore. I think it's a great idea and all instructors should tell you to do this before doing the video.

I hope the this presale price stays for a little while longer.

Marcy

Hi guys

Gin~ The entire CF and 3 miles???!! You get the gold star! I'm impressed you were able to do all of CF after a 3 mile run! About STS-I'm with you: Bring it on! I am so happy I preordered:)

Marcy~ Congrats on the headstand! Wow you have made a lot of advances this year- completed the X, a headstand! WTG!:) Now, repeat after me---> I can't buy anymore, I can't buy anymore!:7 :7

Tracee~ hi!

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.