*Damage Control in February* TGIF!!!!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Ya Peeps in Catheland! :cool:

Today's work out plan includes Squeeze, Joey's abs from BBC and a 3-4 mile run.

This is only my 2nd week that I'll be running just once. I am starting to get the itch to run a bit more already. Not sure how I'll handle that. It depends on when I start CLX.

Got on the scale this morning and didn't like what I saw. I have no reason to believe it's my TRUE weight though as I've been doing good. I will get it out of my mind and move on. Next week's weigh in will be better. I am also due to take my measurements and BF then too.:)

BBL!

TGIF!!!!

Morning Ladies ..

Today I find myself in a better state of mind .. I vented a LOT yesterday .. and did a KILLER workout last night and relaxed w/a couple of CABS and DH and I had a nice talk .. he always brings things into perspective and reels me in .. gotta love that man!!:D

My core is FRIED .. did extra work w/the sliders and added in some extra matt core work .. YOWZA!!! the hips are sore from the plyos .. the bod has taken a whooping this week .. lol!! But I like it!! :D

Not sure what today is gonna bring .. gotta go back to the doc about the shoulder .. hoping to get a good report and hope the pushups I have beens sneaking in is not going to be bad!!! :confused: I have the IPOD on charge and hope to fit in a run after work .. we will see ... tommorrow is STS LEGS :eek:

Wendy ... throw out the dang scale ... I try not to weigh too often .. weight flucuates and you really get a better guage if you weigh fewer times per month ... you workout way to hard to worry about a number!!

Hello to all that follow .. it is busy in here .. so better run ... will BBL to check in w/you ladies .. have a good one!!:D

Hey chickadees ! Happy Friday -I took the day off !

Vent - skip if you want - I just need to get this in writing and don't have a journal . . . ;)

Had a depressing review at work yesterday. I'm so tired of the same ol same ol paper pushing and truth be told, I feel like I am not adding value like I want to. VP asks me what I'd like to see my dept do - what dif does it matter if mgmt doesn't care to support it? (HR and Payroll are my responsibilities). I AM BORED and see nothing more for me where I am - if I continue to stay I will be an HR Mgr here pushing papers for another 20 years. Not seeing that there will ever be a change. Depressing and time for me to get started working toward something more so I can be ready when the economy perks up again. There is a Master's program about 45 - 60 min away so need to see how much that will cost. Here's the strange part - I did get a 5% raise which is great these days (though we have a wage freeze for at least a year) but it is not helping me feel better at all ! :confused:

Thanks for listening ! :D

OK - not feeling like hitting the STS quite yet - missed a workout yesterday so will attempt to do back & tri's, then some sort of cardio later in the day. Would like to follow with legs tomorrow and maybe take Sun off. Lots of chores on the "to do list" in my head ;) so think I'll get started on those to at least accomplish something.

Wendy - good job on the run, how did it feel? Was it hard to stop at 3.5 miles? And how is little Joey doing these days with his temperment? Is he behaving better now?

Laura - glad you are doing better today and DH helped out. I kept to myself last night for most of the evening but in the end spilled the "beans" to DH who knew I was outta sorts. He listens well and didn't say much. Yep - he has finally figured me out ! ;) :p Now I gotta see what I can do to push myself further in my career - the cost will be a big factor at this point.

Woo hoo for the body whooping this week ! Good luck at the doc today - hope you bring us some good news !

Hey there Lori, Diana, Angie and our MIA's Jen, Shirl and Dee Dee !

Hey. I'm back.

Traded in Squeeze for B&G at the last minute. I turned on the Leg Blast premix but opted to do each exercise from it one time only. The only thing I repeated (cuz it's just so darned painful!LOL) is the lunge squat combo. I did an extra round at the end to finish it off. Because I am working my legs constantly in this rotation the work out I did was plenty! No lack of burning there! LOL

After that I did BBC standing abs x2 and finally stretched it out with the B&G stretch. Aaaaahhhh. TG for Centergy tmrw. :)

Gotta hit the showers now but I'll be back with personals over lunch!

Toodles! :D

Last edited:
GGGRRRRRRR... Doc still says NO RELEASE!!!! Says the shoulder is healing very well .. but he does not want me doing full pushups .. since I cheated and was able to do knee reg. pushups he said I could do those as long as it did not hurt .. no staggard pushups, military pushups, wide pushups or bootcame pushups :mad: :( he says if I do I could injur it worse .. that shoulder injuries take a long time to heal .. sometimes as long as a 1 - 1 1/2 years :eek::( OK .. enough of that talk!! I am going to modify on the pushups .. the lat rows are doing fine now ... the upright rows cant do fully on that arm .. but can a little so will do them w/smaller range of motion! He is also still working on my back .. I have a compressed disc on my right lower back :( BUT as long as I maintain proper form and there is no pain no restrictions per say .. so that is good!

OH WELL ...

Jacque .. I hear ya on the career thing .. I am also in a job pushing papers and that is where I am going to be ... I could go back to school but really there is no where in my area to go to make what I am now .. so I am stuck! In this economy and on the shaky grounds the USA stands now .. geeze we should be glad we have a job ... but if you are where you can go back and get your masters .. GO FOR IT .. when we do recover your options will be greater!! I feel your pain though feeling "stuck in a rut" .. I cant think about it .. I am just glad I have a good job right now !!!

OK .. IPOD is charged .. had veggie soup for lunch .. if it is not sub zero temps when 5 hits I am going to go for a QUICK run ... if not I am going home and do CLEANMAX b-4 DH gets home after yet another day of 12 hours shiftwork .. but hey .. at least I see him tonight and will get some extra cirricular calorie burn in ;);):D

Hello to all our MIA chickadees!!!

Checking back in to report I attempted to do my workout but GGGRRRRRRR (to quote Laura ! :p), I pulled something on the side of my back. Kinda between the lower back and upper back. I figured I'd better stop and ice after I tried deadlifts and couldn't do them properly. I feel like one excuse after another these days !

Laura - sorry about the doc's news that you can't go full force with the push ups and upright rows. At least going light will keep you "in the game" until you can go heavier. Hope the weather cooperates for you, but if not, sounds like you have a good plan anyway. ;)

Dontcha just wish we could like work as much as we like working out or coming here? I do. Maybe in the future. I am definitely thankful I have a job after I have had to terminate a few long timers lately. I have just never been one to go to work just to go to work and this is hard for me. I shall be patient and do for myself what I can to be prepared when a change comes my way. :D Thanks for the pep talk !

We have rain rain rain today, but it works for me otherwise I'd probably be out shopping for food and sundries instead of looking for career boosts, attempting exercise :(, and painting. Boy I can't wait to get this done so I can move on to the family room facelift.

Just printed off my Mexican Pork Chili recipe and am off to the kitchen to start prepping to cook it low and slow. (That is a Cathe phrase, right? :p).

And just to make my day, DH told me this morning he'd be thinking of me - he just called to say he was. :eek: So unlike him but so sweet !

TTFN.

Laura: I would not worry so much about the number on the scale if all of the other #s as well as my jeans didn't prove to be a problem too. :( In the end, truly, once my jeans fit the way they used to I'll be happy. That's all I really want. I'm not there yet though...Sorry about your shoulder but listen to the doc! You don't want to make it worse or prolong healing!

Jacque: Sorry about the back pain. What is it with all of the aches and pains everyone is having these days!?! I was having knee issues during B&G myself! :confused: The run was a goodie. I had no problem stopping at 3.5 miles as I knew I had more torture waiting for me at home. LOL Joey is better but still very trying at times...:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.