*:CHEETAHS:*Drawing a blank this Sunday

gwd

Cathlete
Good morning loverlies!

I feel as giddy as a little girl on Christmas morning cuz... *sing songy*...I get to run today, I get to run today! I'm practically doing the happy dance right now:D. I know, I'm a sad, sad person:confused::p.

Brighton - I can't blame ya one bit for not venturing out in that cold...holy smokes, BBBBBRRRRR! Aw, hon, I think you're gonna surprise yourself and have a great mary! Uggh, sending lotsa get well {{{{{{VIBES}}}}}}} to DH, YUCK!!! Been there, done that:(:confused:. Continued {{HUGS}}} and prayers heading your way.

Wendy - So, what was yous twos sipping last night...any White Merlot? Thanks for the pretzel pose...seemed to work as I talked to him last night and it sounds like he's going to call in on Monday....YAYA!!!

Christine - Ooooh, CCPP on the bike after toasted legs from HSTA musta been a goodie...well done! Believe it or not it ws actually a bit enjoyable to get to the laundry...you know, to just get back to "normalcy" a bit? Does that make sense? So what libation did you enjoy last night? Have fun today!

Well, I'm going to get going even earlier than planned cuz I just can't wait to get back here for that run:D. TTFN and have a great day ladies!

Hey. I finally have my computer back. DH had comandeered it for a couple of massive downloads that my computer would do better than his.

I will be back later for personals, but I have a couple questions to post first.

1. How do you all hydrate during your long training runs? That was my most limiting factor on my 8 miles yesterday. I'm thinking of trying to run with a camelback. Has anyone tried it? 1/2 L of water would only add one pound to my weight. But I've got to do SOMETHING to re-hydrate during the run. The last 2 miles yesterday were miserable due to my cotton-mouth.

2. What kind of recovery do you give yourself between speed drills? The program I'm following suggests that between 400s that you do 2 minutes of jogging. But it doesn't say how much to rest between 800s and 1600s. I'm supposed to do 4x1600 tomorrow. Any ideas about recovery time in between those?

OK. I truly have to say thank you to my DH for updating my computer, but I’m way behind on reading posts and doing personals!! So here goes.

Wendi—Thanks for the compliment on my creativity. I have my moments. DH is the truly creative one in our family! Thanks, too, for your {{{{VIBES}}}} for my run yesterday. I was really pumped to run further than I have before. LOL about you jogging with the horses. I think that’s great. I love fitting in exercise in practical ways when I can’t get in a “real” workout.

Cathy—Glad your day after Christmas could be a relaxing one. ITA about the mental health aspect of relaxation. In fact, I think that the rest is as important to fit in as the hard work. You’ve gotta do it! Good for you!

Dallas—So sorry for all the sickness. I have one with a cough and one with a runny nose, but that ain’t nothin’! {{{Get well vibes!}}} to your family!

Carole—Wow to your braving the shopping scene. Sounds like you got some deals. I also love Moonlit Path.

Judy—Your stuffed shells sound wonderful. Wish you could put some in MY suitcase. :D I’ve been craving Italian food. I was hoping to make lasagna for Christmas eve, but my kids had other ideas. So we had chicken and dressing, sweet potato casserole, green beans, mashed potatoes, and bread. Lots of carbs, huh?!

Christine—Has Jimmy always run with you? I would love to take my dog for a run with me, but I’m not sure how she would handle it. I’m wondering if you have to start them young? And how far can they run?

Jackie—Hope you fight off the cold. I thought I was getting one on Christmas day, but took Airborne and it seems to have gone. Hope you enjoyed your black tie function. Sounds fun.

Linda—sorry about your cancelled flight, but ‘yeah’ to more time to visit with family. Hope your back feels better soon. Wow! To your 10-miler on Christmas.

Gloria—Glad you got your mom to the airport without being the 16th car in the ditch!!

Wendy—Good job on the KB workout. I’m trying to figure out the balance between fitting in my runs and getting some weight work in, too.

Brighton—So sorry for the WAVES of tragedy that seem to be washing your way. Hugs and prayers!! Don’t worry about the lackluster workouts. Your energy is being directed elsewhere right now. The workouts will right themselves in time.

Shelly—Hope that you had a good Christmas with furry friends. Did you do anything special for yourself? Hot tea and a good movie?

I had a good run yesterday, but, as I said in my post above, the lack of fluids really became a factor in the last two miles. I actually walked 3 stretches of about 200 yards each in that last two miles. As soon as I crossed the 8 mile mark, I stopped in at a little shop and bought a liter of water. I guzzled ½ of it almost at once. Then I walked 2 miles home to cool down and sipped the rest of it on the way. So I’ll either need to run a route where I can stop and get a drink (like pass by my own house), or carry some fluids. I tried taking a hard candy with me yesterday, but that didn’t do it. And we can’t get fancy gels or anything here.

Today, for the first time, I have some slight DOMS from running. I expected my 6-milers to do that to me, but so far nothing had. Today I have just a little DOMS all down the back of my legs: calves, hamstrings, glutes, and even a little bit of the lower back tie-in to the glutes. But it’s not bad. I’m kind of happy to realize I’ve reached a threshold.

Good morning, friends!
wavesmile.gif

How we doin' on this Sunday morning?

Wendi—enjoy your run during WARM daylight hours this morning…woohoo!!! You know you can totally count on this crowd to "get" the giddy!!...Ahh, great that DSO will be off Monday!! All’s well that ends well, eh?…*lol* about the song. Hey, it doesn’t take much to challenge this poor brain o’ mine while on vaca! :p :D Honestly, if you hadn’t mentioned it being a Christmas song, I don’t think I would’ve caught on at all.
th_overmyhead.gif

Wendy—Oh, yeah. I’ve been counting on a lower-key season in the first place and knew scratching together last minute plans during Christmas week would be a bit of a stretch, so there’s no big disappointment here. :D I’m confident something will fall into place at some point, so it’s all good. Did you and Joey have fun trying out all his new toys? Bet you two dropped right off to sleep. I see you were hydratin' while postin' last night.
drinkntypesmili1.gif
*lol*

Christine
budhug.gif
oh hey, no, my friend! I wasn’t feeling offended or anything like that. I totally understand feeling saturated with the Christmas stuff at this point and being ready to move on. Love your UGGS. Very cute! I have a fake pair of the slipper style, and I love how cozy they are. What's on the agenda with Dad for today?

Posh
droolsmiley.gif
score any great bargains out on your shopping ventures?

Today will be 4DS CST and some type of cardio.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Good Morning Girlies.

Wendi: I was drinking Pinot Grigio myself. It's pretty tastey but I definately prefer others over it. I'm on a mission to try all kinds of (cheap) wine in order to find my faves. White Merlot is definately on the faves list. :D Gotta find a fave red though...Yummy! So are you excited to be able to run today? :p Glad DSO is taking charge of the situation and MAKING your Christmas together happen for you on Monday. So tell me...he DSO threatened to go and give bosshole a fist sandwich ever?? :eek::D

Laura: Nice to "see" you again. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to the type of hydration they use (water, sports drink) as well as how they carry it. I know Cathy purchased a camelback but only used it once as it bothered her back. I wear a hydration/fuel belt. For shorter runs I will carry water only but for the longer ones I fill some of the bottles up with a sports drink and some up with plain water. HTH a bit. I'm sure others will share their preferences with you.

I will be heading to the gym again this morning for a run. I am wary of doing two 5+ milers back to back but if I am going to get my mileage in I am going to have to do it at times so I need to get my body used to it. If I have trouble today I will shorten my run and sacrafice the mileage in order to work up to it safely. Keepin' the fingers crossed that it goes smoothly though. :)

Laura—glad your computer’s back up and running for ya. Years ago, I ran with a Camelbak, and it was fine. Tried it for marathon training this summer, and it didn’t work out for me because of some back issues I now have. Same for the hydration belt. I moved to a handheld bottle, and that worked best for me. Maybe you could have your friend who’s delivering your Garmin also bring some energy powders or tablets.

Cathy: Posting at the same time again. Glad you are not too disappointed by the lack of a ski trip on this vacation. Yeah, I have been up to my eyeballs in games and toys. He plays with something for 5 mins and then cleans it up and moves on to a new thing. It's not a big deal except for when he needs me to put something together and it takes me longer to get it ready then the time he takes to play with it! :eek: LOL Heheh-I only had one glass of vino last night. If I had a drinking partner I may have had more though. :D

Wendy—actually, I was a longtime, satisfied Camelbak user back when I ran higher mileage and had need for it. I bought a new one this year for marathon training and ran with it a number of times before deciding against it because of the strain it was putting on my back.

HI Cheetahs! I am having a quick cup of coffee and then off to mass. We have not been consistent about going to mass with all the hockey travel. When we are in town, and we have a chance to attend it is nice. DD17 is even awake and will go with me.

Any way I'll try to be back later.

Wendi- Good job on scheduling that run in between work duties! Keep rolling those feet when you are on the computer. I keep cans of beans and my foam roller under my computer desk and roll every time I am at the computer!

Cathy- What was that hand held thingy you used for your long runs? I see Laura is interested and so am I.

Dallas- I hope DS is better today!

Cathy: See what happens when ya try to answer for someone else? I screwed it all up! Sorry 'bout that! :D I thought about the camelback myself cause I think it's an awesome idea but didn't want to be beholden to just one type of hydration.

Good Morning Judy!:)

Last edited:
Wendy—of course, I would love to be skiing somewhere right now, but I’m happy either way. As much as I love traveling, I’ve gotta admit, sometimes just relaxing is just as good…Is Joey still big into the trains?...So, I’m curious, why only cheap wines?

Wendy—no worries! You had the basic part of it right—I can’t use it now because of my back. I kind of hope that will not always be the case.

Judy—I have an Amphipod Hydraform.

Cathy: Oh yeah, Joey is a Thomas the Train fanatic! My SIL bought him a Thomas Train Table for Christmas that she is keeping at her house for him. He will "open it" on NYE when I drop him off there before heading to AC. He is going to go NUTS when he sees it! :D I am only buying cheap wines because I want a "wine habit" I can afford to sustain. ;) I'd also hate like heck to spend a good buck on a bottle and end up not liking it. :eek:

ETA: BTW, my mom bought DH Guitar Hero World Tour! Looks like it has awesome tunes on it! Can't wait to play!

Last edited:
Wendy—oh, the train table sounds like fun. How nice for Joey to have another little surprise waiting for him...*lol* OK, gotcha on the wine! My view on that type of “hydration” :D is quality over quantity! Very cool about GH World Tour. I may have to check it out given that I can't find my regular GH game. I loaned it to someone for a party and haven't seen it since.

Cathy: TBH, I know nothing about wine so I would probably like the taste of the cheap stuff better then the pricier stuff anyway! LOL I wanted to play GH a little last night after DS went to bed but I was tired and decided to call it a night instead. If we get home at a decent hour tonight perhaps DH and I will give it a whirl...:) That stinks that you loaned out your game and haven't gotten it back. :(

Thanks for the hydration input, Wendy and Cathy. Cathy, are you saying that you just run with a bottle in your hand? I thought the slosh-slosh would drive me nuts--but at this point, anything is better than a dry throat! :) I'll try the Camelback and see how that goes, and if not, I may resort to a plain ol' bottle.

Wendy--DH and I did the cheap wine sampling thing when we lived near a Trader Joe's. They have what they call Two Buck Chuck, which is, as you would guess, just $2 a bottle. But one of them was actually an award winning wine, so it was both quality and affordable. I don't know exactly where the Trader Joe's are, but they're an East Coast, West Coast thing for the most part I think.

Laura—it’s an ergonomically designed bottle with a handstrap and small pocket. Quite comfortable. Give it a Google, and you’ll see what I mean.

Wendy—have you tried any of the recommendations from our connoisseur Posh? I just checked out the playlist for GHWT. Might have to make a run to good ol’ Tar-zhay. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.