*...*...Kettlebell check in...Monday...*...*

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning gals

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. My in-laws were over for the weekend and the boys were able to play their games (soccer and baseball) on saturday and on sunday I played in a mahjong marathon with 3 of my friends!:) fun weekend!

I did Providence today. I haven't done this in weeks. A great workout. I actually had mixed feelings about following the dvd!:eek: I never thought I could workout without the dvd, and now I miss working out with my ipod! LOL.
Here is my workout for today from my blog:
A puddle of sweat!

Providence today. kept up with Anthony except where noted....

Round 1: swings - 35#kb
no rest
Round 2: cleans - 35#kb
rest
Round 3: chest presses - 35#kb
rest
Round 4: squats/sumo Deadlift - 35#kb
no rest
Round 5: one leg Deadlift - 35#kb
no rest
Round 6: windmills into an overhead squat- alternating sides - 25#kb (next time up to 30#)
no rest
Round 7: clean and press- ladder of 5 starting with 1 - 30# only did 2 sets of 5, 4, and 1 set of 3
no rest
Round 8: flip and squat - 25# kept my own pace
REST
Round 9: tactical lunges - 25#
REST
Round 10: triple crush- 25# (next time 30#)
no rest
Round 11: sling shot into a figure 8 with a static hold - 25#
no rest
Round 12: seated press – ladder of 5 - 20#
no rest

Round 13: one arm row – 2 sets of ladders of 5, starting with 5 and going down - 35# only did one ladder finished out with singles
no rest

Round 14: pullovers, Russian twists, Sicilian crunch - 20#
rest
Round 15: 3 minute snatch test -30#!!!! completed the 3 minutes!!!:eek::D:)

finished the workout with 2 sets of 5 pullups (assisted)

**comments::
really happy with the workout today! I upped all my weights except the seated press and kept pace with anthony for all but three rounds. Best of all, I did the 3 min. snatch test with the 30#!!! very stoked about that!:)

also wanted to note::: I noticed anthony changes weights for different exercises. he doesn't use one kb all through the workout. for some reason I thought he did and that should be the goal of the workout.

================================================================
I am considering buying the 24k kettlebell either from Preform better or the new ones from aos (made in america) for a mothers day gift for me:p.....just for swinging, as a big challenge!! If aos offers free shipping, I am going to go with them, other wise I will get the preform better without the vinyl coating.

Gayle::: I hope your yard work was successful this weekend and you get your rasberries and strawberries today! What are your workout plans today?

Jane
::: great job on the races!! I hope you had a nice visit with your parents.

Andilynn::: What kb workout are you doing today? Any results/thoughts about switching STS and kb weekly? I think you sent the yucky weather our way!;) we have rain rain and more rain today and tomorrow!

Rhonda
::: Wow! have a great time in CA!!enjoy! and we look forward to hearing all about it when you get back!

Marcy::: I hope you had a nice weekend! I am excited to hear your thoughts about finishing etk!:)

Missy::: I hope you are still joining us today:) welcome!!

Have a great day gals.......
wow what a long post!!**ha ha**

Deanie - GREAT workout! Excellent job on the snatches. ETK has really paid off for you! :)

Jane - Great job on your races!!

Andliynn - Have a good KB workout!

Rhonda - Thanks for the info on the VFF's. Have a great trip!

Waves hello to Marcy. :)

I'm heading to the gym for deadlifts tonight and maybe a short WOD. I'm anxious to try out my new shoes. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Everyone,

I'm taking a rest day today. I had a very busy weekend.

Deanie ~ Fantastic workout today! Wow...24k kettlebell!!! You go girl! I have the Perform Better kbs and I really like them.

Gayle ~ I hope you like your new shoes.

Rhonda ~ Have fun in CA!

Waves hello to Marcy and Andilynn.

Good Afternoon!

Saturday - Went dancing for 3 hours (mostly Swing which is my favorite).

Sunday - I only did 1 ladder of cleans & presses (25#) and chinups:

Chins:

Ladder 1: 1; 2; 3; 3&3/4-1; and 2, 2@3/4-1 and 1/2

That's it for me for ETK! I'm so glad I'm finished. Since I started in February, I:
gained 1/2" in my waist
gained 1" in my hips
gained 1/2" in my inner thighs
calves stayed the same
gained 1/2" in my biceps (about the only good thing!)
gained 1" in my chest

I have to admit, it's probably not the kettlebells (my diet's been really horrible the last few months -- especially April which was birthday month!). I definitely gained in strength and endurance. For pullups, I started out only doing one and am now able to do 3 in a row. For chinups, I'm now able to do 4 in a row.

Snatches: Week 5: Only able to do 1 set at 25# and second set at 20#.
Week 12: Able to do 4 sets of snatches (10 each side) with 25#

Swings: Week 5: 175 swings
Week 10: 250 swings

TGUs: Started out doing 6 each side and got up to 9 on each side with 25#.

I'm now able to get through all of Newport!

I really missed doing cardio (wasn't able to fit much in) and yoga.

Today I did Squeeze Lower Body Challenge and Mark Blanchard's Core Openers (yoga). During Squeeze LBC, I used 20# kbs for the deadlift warmup (20 reps). My legs were quivering during the rest of the workout. Core Openers was quite challenging. Had to stop quite a few times. I have to say again that I find no core work as tough and challenging as yoga core work.

Deanie - Great workout! Great job on the snatches! You are very brave to get a 24k kb!

Farmer - Enjoy your California trip!

Jane - Congratulations to you and your sister on the race! I hope you're enjoying your rest day.

Andilynn - How do you like your GWF?

Gayle - I hope you like your new shoes.

Have a good evening!

Marcy

Hi guys!

I hope that you don't mind if I join. I haven't been in a check in group for a long time and have been following this one and you guys for a couple of months... that sounds kind of creepy, but you guys are dedicated and I love kettlebells - I can't talk to anyone here about them because nobody has heard of them, lol. I am starting Art of Strength's Strength in Motion and though I would like to be able to say that I can do the 3 or 6 month program, right now I am going to commit to 4 solid weeks of doing the worksheets 3 days a week (MWF) and then will take it from there. Since training for the mini a few years ago I haven't wanted to do anything for longer than a month because I about died from running overkill and for the next month the thought of running made me cringe and filled me with dread, and I love running!, I don't want the same thing to happen to my kbs. ;)

Here is today's workout:
Month 1
Week 1
Day 1

all rounds are 30 seconds work, 30 rest

Round 1:
2 arm press w/ 10's (it said one arm, but I wanted to do 2), will up weight next time
1/2 snatch w/ 20#, will up weight next time
dbl squat 35#
BB get up sit up 15# wuwnt
dbl db dead clean 15# (my back felt that!)
figure 8 to a hold 20#
pushups, 22
plank

Round 2:
1 arm push press 15#
snatch 20#
hand 2 hand sumo deadlift 25#
side bends 15#
alt. clean 15#
figure 8 to a hold 20#
pushups, 24

Round 3:
long cycle jerk 20#
1/2 snatch 20#
behind neck squat 35#
windmill 20#
double long cycle clean 15#
staggered pushups 20#
high plank

after that I did a swing cycle, 10 rounds of 30 seconds swinging 10 seconds off alternating between 35# double arm swing and 25# one arm swings... that was pretty tough!!! I definitely need to up pretty much all of my weight load for SiM, but now that I have done it and know what I need I feel more confident for Wednesday.

Thanks for letting me join and I can't wait to get to know you guys! :)

Missy

Hi everyone. I did Providence today. My last "formal" workout for a week. I plan to hike the hills of San Francisco, go kayaking, maybe paddle board, and eat. I read about a great trail that is almost all incline.

Deanie- Great job on Providence! I hope to one day get up to your levels. How do yo do the Triple Crush with such a large weight? I have trouble fitting it in my hands.

Gayle- You are welcome. Enjoy your shoes and your workout tonight.

Marcy- You made great progress with endurance and strength! Weren't you the one who told me that pears need more cardio?

Jane- You ran two races back to back. You deserve some rest.

I am really changing my mindset about my body and exercise. My goal is to exercise 4-5 times a week and eat healthy most of the time. I have spent the last 22 years obsessed about my weight. No more!

Hi Andilynn.

I will check back when I return.

I hope that you don't mind if I join. I haven't been in a check in group for a long time and have been following this one and you guys for a couple of months... that sounds kind of creepy, but you guys are dedicated and I love kettlebells - I can't talk to anyone here about them because nobody has heard of them, lol. I am starting Art of Strength's Strength in Motion and though I would like to be able to say that I can do the 3 or 6 month program, right now I am going to commit to 4 solid weeks of doing the worksheets 3 days a week (MWF) and then will take it from there. Since training for the mini a few years ago I haven't wanted to do anything for longer than a month because I about died from running overkill and for the next month the thought of running made me cringe and filled me with dread, and I love running!, I don't want the same thing to happen to my kbs. ;)

Here is today's workout:
Month 1
Week 1
Day 1

all rounds are 30 seconds work, 30 rest

Round 1:
2 arm press w/ 10's (it said one arm, but I wanted to do 2), will up weight next time
1/2 snatch w/ 20#, will up weight next time
dbl squat 35#
BB get up sit up 15# wuwnt
dbl db dead clean 15# (my back felt that!)
figure 8 to a hold 20#
pushups, 22
plank

Round 2:
1 arm push press 15#
snatch 20#
hand 2 hand sumo deadlift 25#
side bends 15#
alt. clean 15#
figure 8 to a hold 20#
pushups, 24

Round 3:
long cycle jerk 20#
1/2 snatch 20#
behind neck squat 35#
windmill 20#
double long cycle clean 15#
staggered pushups 20#
high plank

after that I did a swing cycle, 10 rounds of 30 seconds swinging 10 seconds off alternating between 35# double arm swing and 25# one arm swings... that was pretty tough!!! I definitely need to up pretty much all of my weight load for SiM, but now that I have done it and know what I need I feel more confident for Wednesday.

Thanks for letting me join and I can't wait to get to know you guys! :)

Missy

Hi Missy! The ladies graciously welcomed me so now I welcome you. Happy swinging and great workout today :).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.