+*+*+ clean & tidy thursday +*+*+

Morning girls,

I have my next exam in 2 hours so I've been a study bunny all morning! :)

Hopefully after my exam I'll have time to check in. BUT, I have to get a WO in (Circuit Blast is on tap - I have a little head congestion/sneezing going on so hopefully I'll get through OK) and I have to clean a bit to prepare for MIL coming tomorrow.

Have a great run Katie! So glad Chris comes home today!

Send me good luck test vibes. :)

(BTW - This week has been good. I feel like I've finally accepted the fact that I have a pretty serious eating disorder (binging/overeating) and am really starting to hone in on it and have had a really good couple of days. I feel like an alcoholic though and it's a CONSTANT battle.)

Katie, Hope you and Chris have a good *reunion* tonight!:D:D:D:D
Have a great run!

Angie, Sorry about the ED. I wish I could just GIVE UP food - it all tastes so good!
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TEST!!!! You can do it!
Hope the visit w/ the MIL goes well! And have a great WO!

-
More bday party prep today. Prepping some sticky wings - I hate that kind of food but M loves it.

WO will happen...somewhere, somehow!

bbiab!

Good Morning Girls !

Yesterday I ended up doing Legs in the morning/ exhale core fusion from Fit TV (WOW ! I FELT THAT !!) , and a SHORT walk in the neighborhood after supper with hubby !

Today is Athletic Step :)

Katie YAY for DH getting home !!!!!
Angie Hope you aced the exam again. ugh on feeling out of control with food....but that's good that you've had some good days !!!!! :) :) I hope it gets easier everyday !

Thunderstorms today !
Yesterday I actually sat OUTSIDE in shorts and read in the afternoon ! It was 70 degrees !
WAVING HI to KATE !! We posted at the same time ; )

good morning! we had family over last night and I thought I had cleaned up pretty well but now I am seeing all kinds of things undone/out-of-place... hate when that happens. we had a good time though, JJ was awesome, too!

headed to the gym today for ellip intervals, lb work on the machines and then yoga class. feeling good about how my elbow (and the rest of my body, frankly) has reacted to the stepped up WOs recently. then Fri will be step and Sat KB.

angie, good luck on your test, you will do awesome considering all the studying!

katie, have a great run! you are perky this morning!

kate, hope you get a nap out of the little one today, you've got a lot to do! i saw the sticky wings recipe in cooks country, not really my cup o tea but yeah, my dh would also like those. why do men always like gross food?!?

becky, sorry about those t-storms... but at least you have had a bunch of beautiful days! same here, and I am loving it. we've been walking and playing at the park for like a week now! but its boston, it'll be cold and snowing again anyday, thats just the deal.

Morning again!

Wendy - your workout sounds great! Glad you had fun last night with family!
Becky - thunderstorms? In March? Yesterday was gorgeous here too, glad you got to get out and enjoy it!
Angie, good luck on your test! I have heard some buzz in OD about a book called "Intuitive Eating" - maybe check that out? I struggle with it too.
Kate, yes there is EWCM galore (sorry if that is TMI) so there will def. be a 'reunion':p Got a question - I got steaks and baked potatoes for our dinner tonight (Chris likes NY strip, so that's what I got). On a preheated grill, how many minutes per side do you think I should cook them?

I got a short run done, now sleepyheadMAX (Collin) and TONS of paperwork at the office today. Blech!

I subbed Imax2 for Athletic Step. Just feeling in need of more variety with my cardio in this rotation. Imax 2 fit the bill today !!!! :)

Good Morning Everyone!

I had a good meeting with the recruiter yesterday and hopefully they will be able to find something for me. I have a phone interview today with a company that is hiring. Hopefully something will pan out quickly but you never know. This morning's workout was insanity PCC.

Becky, I was thinking of doing more subbing in M3. I miss my other workouts.
Katie, it is hard to say a time because it depends on the thickness (we always use a thermometer to check). Usually we start out with 4-5 minutes on the first side. Enjoy your reunion tonight.
Wendy, hope you can get all cleaned up this morning. I am always tired after a party so I don't always see the mess.
Angie, sorry about the ED but glad you have acknowledged it. Good luck on the exam today.
Kate, good luck with the birthday party prep. The cinnamon rolls sound much better than the sticky wings.
Clintonya, I haven't tried the scrambled eggs premix in circuit blast yet. I usually love those premixes because you don't know what you are going to get.
Anne, we will miss you checking in and telling us about your wonderful weekend with TCB.
Nina, sorry about the yucky morning yesterday, but glad yoga helped.

Good afternoon! (at least for me)

Test done! I'm glad it's over and I'm going to not start studying for my other test for at least 24 hours! I have a test next Thursday and the following Friday, both in my anatomy class. I moved the Friday one up from April 2 so I would not have to study while my sister is here visiting.

Anyway, came home and did CB. I like that WO. I was not wanting a wo until I die kind of day so it was perfect. I had to weed out the push up work since my chest is still on fire but otherwise, I rocked the rest. So fun to not feel like I'm going to puke every now and then.

Thanks for all the kind words regarding ED. I think it's something I've known in the back of my mind for a long time but was unwilling to deal with. In general, since I was a kid (and I'm marginally surprised I'm not obese) I have always overeaten when it came to a food I liked. I'd eat 2 the 2 cheeseburger and large fry meal at McD's when my friends got a happy meal. And don't even get me started with things like chex mix or chips and salsa. But recently, the binging has gotten so much worse and I would go into our pantry and just shovel m&ms into my mouth as quickly as possible during a freak out moment. I think being alone makes it hard and when I don't have a lot to do or places to go, I find myself eating. Anyway, I'm just trying to slow down considerably when I eat and enjoy it. Ryan said that I should try to make it through each day without feeling like there was just something I didn't need to eat. For some reason, that's helping tremendously.

Kate, I totally agree about wishing I could just give up food. That's how alcoholics deal and I feel like the addiction is of the same magnitude but I need food to survive. I sometimes just want to drink ensure.

Anyway, aren't we all a work in progress?

Kate, have fun with the birthday party prep! You are such a good mama!

Becky, Imax2 sounds so fun. I think it's important to veer away from the rotation every now and then!

Wendy, I hate party after-math. I'm the type that wants my house totally clean before I go to bed. I love waking up to a clean house.

Katie, yay for REUNION! I charted my cycle before Ryan and I ttc with Annabel and the stickers for ov were white little babies so we always called them "white baby days." (((SPRINKLES BABY DUST)))

Colleen, good luck with your job hunt. I'm sorry you're having to do this again. I'm considering putting insanity with "meso 3" for a change up! I'm enjoying SC but ready for a change I think.

Clintoya, after doing CB today I want to try the scrambled eggs premix. Is that water flushing out your sodium? :)

Nina, sorry dh is delayed again. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be. I can't stand it when Ryan calls from work 20 minutes after he's supposed to be home. I'm so rigid with my routine! I hope today is a better day for you!

Anne, I hope you have an absolutely marvelous time with TCB!!!

Klaudia, is everything ok with Milla??

Hi Lisa, Robin, DrBecky...???

Off to pick up my girls at school. Have a great day everyone!

Good morning!

Katie, glad Chris will be back tonight! Have fun w/your reunion :D:D

Angie, food has always been a struggle for me too-and as you said, it is hard because we have to eat! I have finally made progress over the last 10 yrs by changing one thing at a time & trying to separate eating from social/stress relief. I am sure I get looked at as “weird” at points :), but in the last 3-4 years I have gotten much better at just being able to say no thank you and not worry what other people are thinking :) I STILL need to make changes because I really need to lose about 15 more lbs to get to a good point for me, but trying to take it one step at a time!

Kate, we had a good night last night. Wed is our night in! Is Julia giving you any time for the party preparations :D

Becky, another great w/o day for you!! Spring is coming! :)

Wendy, glad you elbow is feeling much better! Have fun at the gym :)

Colleen, glad you had a good meeting and I am sure you will find something soon! This weather is so much better than all the snow!

Hi Robin, Anne, Nina, Klaudia, Becky Sue, & Lisa!

Not sure what w/o I am going to do today. Still on rest/recovery week. I am thinking maybe ab ripper x w/some kind of cardio. Added an extra day to the beginning of our June vacation :eek:, am feeling in between about it, but it was 45% off for the room that night, so am trying to get over the guilt :) I think it is spring fever! Will bbl.

Clintonya

hey everyone - dh finallygot home!!!! i am so thrilled. i also signed up for a few extra shifts at work this month. we will see how it goes.

angie, hugs to you. i have definately battled overeating and have abnormal food behavior. i don't mind eating by myself, sometimes even prefer it, but i can identify with your thoughts of going into the pantry, etc. it has been better overall with me since kids, but worse since we mvoed to florida. i did not quite understand what you meant about what ryan said. great wo today.

clintonya, where is your vacation going to be?

colleen, good luck with the job. a recruiter is a good first step.

kate, you sound great today.

becky, it is pouring here after a gorgeous day yesterday. i zslogged thru 10 miles in the rain:rolleyes:

wendy, i too hate party aftermath.

klaudia, how are yo9u this week?

katie, i am sending baby vibes your way.

i need to do some errands later, hoping for yoga too. eats are perfect, so far:eek:

Nina, we are going to Kissimee/Orlando and then to Palm Coast. So glad your dh is home!

Just got an email for a prayer request -the brother (13 yrs old) of one of Jasmin’s friends at dance has been in the hospital for 3 days w/a high fever and is losing fluids and they do not know what is causing it. That kind of thing is so scary and just makes you want to cry for them:( Please send prayers and good thoughts for the family.

Clintonya

Ugh ! So Sad Clintonya ! I will pray for your daughters friend.

My daughter had a friend in HS and when we had our last big snow her little sister (13) was out shoveling snow and she had a brain aneursym. She was in the hospital in critical condition for a few weeks and then died last week. SO sad and tragic ! I still can't believe it.

oh sad news....so sorry for the kiddo illnesses/death! :(

just have a sec - getting lots done and J is alseep

Katie, With your burners on med/med high cookt he steaks for about 4 min the 1st side and 3 min the 2nd side. Remember to sprinkle them w/ kosher salt and let them sit at rm temp for up to an hour before you grill them. MMMMMMM!

No, we can’t have that :D

Becky, that is a heartbreaking story! I will pray for their family!

Klaudia, saw that Milla is still not feeling well. Has she been feeling bad for all these days?

Did 30 min of kpc and ab ripper x. Tonight’s the late night for oldest dd’s dance class. I remember when I used to love being out late, now getting home at 9:00 is too late for me :)

Clintonya

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.