*..*..*Kettlebell Check in..Wednesday*..*..*

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Today was another day it was hard for me to get out of bed!:eek: but I actually got up and worked out with enough time!

Here's my workout from today:
DIVA:
7 rounds/ 3 exercises a round/ 1 min. each exercise/ 30 seconds rest between rounds:
Intermediate level

good workout:
just posting same exercises as last week with changes for this week:
swing: 45#kb 2 hands full minute
cleans: 35#kb 5 left, then 5 right
2 hands anyhow: 20#kb, 10#db
c&p: 35#kb; 30 seconds left, 30 seconds right
suitcase deadlift: 45#kb
snatch: one minute each side (22 reps) 25#kb

need to work on my 2 hands anyhow
try iron cross next week with the 20#kb

deadlifts:
65#
5X

pullups:
2 sets of 5 (last set jumping pullups)
**note: do pullups first, not last;)

==========================

Gayle:::thanks again for the deadlift video link. I really tried to hit alll the form pointers Rippetoe mentioned. How was Stand up Linda?

Jane::: How are you doing after that workout????!! How many burpees did you do?

Marcy::::) Glad you are back! Missed ya!

Andilynn::: How was STS last night?

Missy::: How was DS's birthday? I hope you had a wonderful time with him!!:)

Rhonda::: I hope you are having/had a wonderful vacation!!!

Have a great day gals!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

That workout last night was a smoker. My sister was cussing me out at the end. The worse part was the 80 walking lunges times 2!! :confused: I know I'm going to be feeling my legs later today. I did not do any of the burpees! This workout took almost an hour to complete and I really didn't think even 1 burpee was necessary.

Today I'm doing a 3 mile run. I hope my legs can handle it!!

Deanie ~ Great workout today!

Missy ~ I hope you had a great time with your DS.

Gayle ~ I like the Swinging Annie! I do a similar workout with swings and ab work. How did you like Linda?

Marcy ~ Yep, this Crossfit lingo can be confusing. Luckily they have a great site with demos on all the exercises.

Andilynn ~ How did you like STS disc 14?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning!

Deanie - Nice workout, and good job with Newport yesterday! I'm glad those videos were useful.

Jane - You are THE woman if you can do a run after all those lunges!

Marcy - I'm still running into CrossFit acronyms that I don't know! They have a glossary at http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/faq.html#General11

Andilynn - How was STS? Are you working on a nursing degree?

Missy - I hope DS had a great birthday!

"Stand up, Linda" was a good, hard workout. I ended up using 175 for the deadlifts, 50 for the presses and 80 for the power cleans. I'm feeling some DOMS all over.

Related to "Swinging Annie" the other day, I have a lot of stiffness in my calves from jumping rope, and strangely, in the soles of my feet.

Today is a rest day. We've got some nice weather today so I may transplant some perennials when I get home tonight.

Have a great day everyone! :)

GOOD DAY LADIES!!!

I hope everyone is doing alright this morning! :) We had a great time yesterday!!! My DS is just the best; he was so gracious about everything that we did or didn't do for him that was goofy or silly or obnoxious... I think he really loves us :eek:
Star Trek was AWESOME! I will definitely see it again while it's still out - it is honestly the best movie I've seen in a theater this year: great acting, great dialogue, great tie-ins, great action.
It is the only movie I have seen where I wanted to buy it on DVD when it comes out.

Deanie, today was very hard to get out of bed for me, too. Did you sleep well last night? I think my problem this morning was due to rain showers and thunder, the perfect sleeping weather.

Jane, sometimes a run the day after a tough workout, especially legs, is exactly what my body needs and keeps me from getting sore, to get rid of soreness or to keep from getting more sore. I hope it works for you. *I am lol at your sister cussing at you... I have been known to cuss out my trainer (looooooooooong time ago) when he was mean to me. It just comes out!!! I hope you don't take it personally.

Gayle, how in the heck do you lift that heavy??? I am dying looking at your weight! Very impressive!

Today I did Providence but I did something a bit different: for chest press round I set my gymboss (I love that thing!) for 30 second intervals and did a circuit of 35# swings and pushups for 3 minutes - ouch! It felt really good, though. I added 20-30 pushups between rounds - mostly on my toes - pumped out over 200, I think. In the last round instead of rows I did a little BBC flavor segment instead: 20 pushups, 16 triceps extensions alternating for 2.5 minutes. For snatches I did 30 seconds per side for 2 minutes with a 20# and alternated 4 reps per side for the remaining minute with a 25# - that was tough!!! I feel great! It was fun doing something that is routine and shaking it up just a little bit. :)

I hope everyone has a great day! Talk to you later.
Missy

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I did Squeeze Stronger Lower Body/Abs Premix today.

Slow Deadlifts - Used 20# kbs
Fast Deadlifts - Used 15#
Pretzel/Clam Combo was tough. Every time I thought she was finished, there was another exercise. I didn't think I was going to be able to get through the second side without resting, but it went much faster than the 1st side and I got through it.
Knee dancing
Back dancing - quick bridges
Abs are great in this. She uses the Squeeze stick but I just use a curtain rod.

I went for another run/walk today. I wasn't so sure about doing it after my leg workout. My legs felt a little like jelly. I walked one lap first to warm up. Half I did on my own and half I took Max along (it seemed liked he was having a tough time keeping up with his little legs). I ran .8 miles and walked .8 miles.

Deanie - Great workout! Good job on the deadlifts! What's a 2-hand's anyhow? ITA about doing the pullups first!

Jane - Glad to hear you got through last night's workout! I don't think any burpees were necessary either. CrossFit is sadistic!:eek:

Gayle - Thanks for the link! I put it in my favorites for future use (hopefully!)
Enjoy your rest day!

Missy - I'm glad you and DS had a great day! Great job on the pushups! It's always good to change things up.

Waves to Andilynn & Rhonda!

Marcy

I am back

Hi everyone! Back to the bump and grind. I didn't do any official workouts but we walked at least 8 miles for 4 of the days of the trip. We went to San Francisco, Berkeley, and Monterey.

We did the 17 Mile drive through Pebble Beach, went to Monterey Aquarium, and ate some really good food.

I will be jumping back in to Providence tomorrow because I have class tonight.

After reading these posts, I need to go find a kindergarten check in because you ladies are kicking much booty in the exercise dept. I was hurting just reading some of the things that you have been doing.

See you tomorrow.

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.