* * * GDMT* * *Manic Monday* * * 9/17

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning GMT :)

Today was Imax 2. It was okay, not my favorite Imax, but I got a good workout! As always, blast 9 was a toughie! Looking forward to BM2 tomorrow, but I am just doing the warmup, blasts with leg work and upper body only. I think that is about an hour, which is all I have.

I am working my reg. work day and enrichment today. I will be wearing comfortable shoes:) and now off to figure out what to take to lunch~ maybe morning star farms mushroom lovers burger. Have you guys tried that? Really good. I have decided not to eat chicken or turkey anymore. I was a vegetarian till I was preg. with my first son. I think I am headed back that way. My older DS is practically a veg., he hardly ever eats meat, but does eat dairy and beans alot!

Gin~ Did you run today? or do Imax 2?

Marcy~ Did you see Tony has a P90+ coming out in Dec?

Tracee~ Hope you had a good workout this morning!

Hope you all had a nice weekend! BBL,
Deanie

Good Morning DMT!

Today I ran 3 miles, but would have liked to go farther. Not by myself in the dark though! I enjoy running with my friends, but they never want to switch it up!:-( I will do BM2 tomorrow.

Deanie--I could easily be a veg., although I do like my fish.:9 I have not tried MSF mushroom lovers Burger. I'll have to look for that. How is your ds feeling? Back to school today?

Marcy--I also saw a new p90+ and a clip on vf. Looked tough!!

Tracee--Hope you are back with us today!

Have a great day!
Gin
:)

I will probably be going out of town Sat and Sun. Do you girls have a guess as to which of the circuit w/os requires the least amt. of equipment? I'm driving so could take a few things in the car, but would still like to w/o on Sun!! Can't miss!!

Do you guys miss being sore? Is that crazy? I kind of miss the heavy lifting and DOMS after.:p }( :7

Off to work,
Gin

Hi GDM! I have been away from the boards so this is my first checkin with the new name. I couldn't find it at first. Ha!

I did BC today and really enjoyed it. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the short 1 minute exercises. It really helps me get through the dreaded ones.

Deanie - I hope you DS is feeling better and no one else came down with it. How did your other DS baseball go on Saturday? I haven't tried the MSF burger either and it sounds good so I'll be looking for it. I feel like my appetite has increased in the last month but I can't really say it's because I've been exercising harder. Unfortunately, I've been eating horribly and it's starting to show in my clothes. :-( I really need to make better food choices.

Gin - I don't really miss the DOMS. In fact, I hadn't even realized that I didn't have them until you mentioned it. Ha! Actually, I think I'm going to be sore after BC especially since I slacked off this weekend.

Marcy - hope you had a great weekend too. Did you do BC today?

My weekend was filled with older ds's football and younger ds's soccer and flag football. Next weekend will be the same but we're going to have great weather so I'm very excited.

Tracee

Good Morning GDT!

This morning has been a disaster. I just lost the post I just typed.:( I woke up early but then my DVD player and PS2 player weren't working right so I wasted 25 minutes trying to get one of them to work. In the end, I had to do SJP without sound or cueing:( I didn't do the squats and didn't get a chance to do abs. I did manage to do C&W abs last night. I needed to switch things around this week so I'd have a shorter workout on Friday so I did SJP today, BM2 Boot Camp Premix (78 mins.) will be on Wed. and I'll do Boot Camp on Friday.

Deanie - Yes, I saw that the new P90X workouts will be coming around December but wasn't able to view the clips yet. They just changed things on my computer over the weekend so things aren't quite working the same. I don't think I could ever be a vegetarian, I love my meat too much!

Gin - As far as circuits go, you could either go with HSTA (5&10# dbbls and a 30# bbl and high step (maybe you could just also take 15#ers and forget the bbl)), Low Impact Circuit (step, band, light dbbls and fixed weight bbl - although the bbl might only be for the bbl curls with the band, I don't remember), Circuit Max (step, bbl and dbbls) and lastly, C&W (step and various dbbls - I would take 8s, 10s, 12s and 15s and possibly 5s.) I've actually been sore in my neck the last couple of workouts. I hate upright rows and I think that's what did it on Friday and today I have it again. I think it also might be from the shoulder work or the overhead extensions. But I do miss the heavy lifting and really want to start doing yoga again.

Tracee - I love that BC has only 1 min. exercises. Makes the workout go by so quickly.

BBL. Have a great day!

Marcy

Marcy - I just had to reply quickly when you said your neck has been hurting with some of these workouts. Mine too. I noticed it last week and then today with BC. I wasn't sure if I was tensing up my neck or what but I was surprised to see that you had the same complaint. I'll have to pay more attention to when my neck is bothering me and what I was doing at the time.

I probably won't be able to post tomorrow because I won't be near a computer until evening. I'll try but no promises.

Tracee

Hi Tracee -

I'm glad I'm not the only one either. I think I notice it the most with upright rows. Sometimes I wonder why I do them because I really don't feel like I get anything out of them and I had read an article (I think it was on about.com) where they said upright rows along with some other exercises were really useless.

Hope your pain gets better soon. I actually have a yoga tape for tight neck and shoulders which I might do if I get the chance tonight.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.