*.*.* clean & tidy wednesday *.*.*

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Morning ladies!!

Angie, I hope you are feeling better!
Nina, I hope you slept well and you are likely enjoying an early morning wo right now.
Kate, I hope that Julia let you sleep thru the night last night!

Everyone came home last night, ate, got dressed for tee ball, rushed out the door....then they didn't have practice:mad: Cold/windy/a little bit rainy... Oh well, I got to come home and rest but still, I wish someone had told us!

Today I have to go to one of the local high schools for a health fair all day - to talk about underage drinking. I need to wear comfortable shoes, since i'll be on my feet all day!

No time for a wo this morning (have to be there early) but I will at least walk on the tm tonight.

I am bloated and hungry all the time and not really queasy exactly but my stomach feels iffy and nothing sounds good except for junk... So my body imagine is not really great right now. Anyone want to share your experience with food/eating/exercise/weight gain in pregnancy?

Good Morning Girls !!!

Another circuit for me today. Am alternating Cathe and Jillian , so today is Cathe day ! Am looking at the advanced High Step workout (don't remember the last time I did it !) Bootcamp (as discussed earlier, not a favorite, but it's been forever since I've done it, so I am considering......) or Drillmax.......
How to decide....... hmmmmmm....

Another beautiful day, sunny, near 80! It's been really nice lately . I'll take it !

Hope everyone slept well and is ready to have a great Wednesday!!!!

Hey girls,

Had a busy morning cleaning because a friend of mine came over with her kids so no WO but I'm planning rhythmic step for the afternoon and hoping the girls will cooperate a little better than last time.

Katie, you don't want my advice for pregnancy. I gained almost 40 pounds both times and was miserable! I saw a video of me the other day and I can't believe how HUGE I was. Ridiculous. Hang in there - try to just be conscious of what you're eating rather than mindless eating.

Becky, I vote for Drill Max - it's a toughie but such a goodie! I'm so jealous of your nice weather. It's 46 and dreary here today - on par for northern France...

Going to read with the girls and let my lunch settle so I can WO. BBL.

10 miles done. better sleep too!

angie, enjoy your wo later.

becky, i love the original boot camp. that said, you cannot go wrong with any of them.

katie, take it easy on yourself. you are getting closer to the 2nd tri, and will feel better i think. just try to eat in moderation (but as i said, i had a thing for white sugar, which i never eat, during mine), and try to exercisemoderately.

bbiab

Forgot to answer the pregnancy question Katie. I was lucky and ate everything under the sun with my first .......omg, I ate, and most of it was JUNK. but I was young (20) and I only gained 21 pounds.
With the next two, I ate better (by the third I was exercising regularly too) and kept my weight down too.... gained 17 and 20 pounds.
But I was one of those people who LOVED being pregnant !!!!!!!!! I felt awesome, full of energy and amazing. I don't think it's anything I DID, just got lucky and had it easy.
My older daughter, has had two babies and she is done now. She HATED being pregnant. She felt bloated , uncomfortable and exhausted.
I felt so sorry for her. That wasn't my experience at all and I felt so bad for her.

Forgot to say that eating has remained very good but last night...........I made a bag of microwave popcorn, intending to eat the serving size (a third of it ) and I ate the WHOLE BAG !:eek::( WHILE WATCHING BIGGEST LOSER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How bad is THAT ?
I blame it on PMS and at least (listen to me making excuses!:eek: ) it was Smart Balance popcorn.
but it's still THREE helpings and I am thirsty and feel bloated this morning .

Okay. Now you know. :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies ladies! When I was preg with Collin, I ATE and ATE and ATE. I also was a smoker prior to getting preg so in addition to that weight gain, I had the quitting smoking weight gain on top. I was not conscious at all of food or exercise.

What is frustrating is that (as I already said) I am hungry all the time - and it's that "I must eat NOW or puke" feeling - but nothing healthy sounds good. Also, I don't think the choices I am making are *that bad* and I have a hard time believing that I am actually going over my daily calorie allowance. Logically, it is most likely water retention that is making me look/feel this way because I am not eating enough to be gaining actual weight. But it's still depressing....

Morning!

Good day yesterday:) Got my weights and my run done and ate pretty good too-just 3 caramels for dessert:) Today is legs-either BBC or L&G and some abs. Nothing else on tap except for a few errands.

Katie, don't stress it! I never worked out before getting preggo with Danica and gained 40+ pounds with her. After she was born I started exercising but always stopped in my 1st trimester cause I was wicked sick-actually lost weight with all 3 and always ate what sounded good-lots of fries, ketchup, slurpees, Greek salads with feta and extra dressing! With the second two I gained around 45+ pounds and barely worked out but looked smaller. Now after three kids, I weigh less than I did in high school and am fit and strong. So, no worries.

Becky, I say Drill Max! And popcorn is healthy!;)

Angie, I'm sure you were absolutely adorable preggo! Hope you get your workout in!

Nina, good job on the sleep and the run!

Anne, I would love to come see you and Kate this summer! And I Love UO and age innapropriate clothing!;)

Clintonya, only a few days left! Hang in there!

Lisa, 3 days is about it for me too!

Hi Colleen, Kate, Robin:)

katie, i found out i was pregnant and immediately gained 5 lbs - not sure how. by 12 weeks i was up 10 lbs. it tapered then and i gained 18 total with finn, 16 or 17 with aidan. we are all different.

klaudia, great job with the wos and eats!!

morning ladies! my test is today and i am so nervous. vibes, please. no time for the gym today. my dad is coming by to visit and we'll go for a walk so at least there will be something. ydays wo was AWESOME -- i did 25 mins of ellip intervals and then 30 mins of ub weights, i just got a roll and kept going (with DBs instead of machines, thx to cathe i know what to do with them!!)

katie, my two pregnancies could not have been more different, you are def not destined to have the symptoms, positive or negative. congrats on quitting smoking -- how long has it been now? i quit to get pregnant with JJ and yep, an additional 20 lbs of what I am still considering pregnancy weight was in store... as if i didnt gain enough

becky, i vote for drillmax! dont have it but it looks like fun.

nina, i gained in the first tri, too, not sure why. tapered off in the middle and then i packed it on at the end and unfortunately its still on!!! whats on tap for today?

klaudia, sounds like you had a good day =)

angie, rhythmic step has been at the top of my wishlist forevahhh! it looks like step blast, super fun! REALLY wish they sold it without the other 2 on the disc and i wouldve purchased ages ago. dont get me wrong i wolud take them (in case santa is on the web trolling for jewgirls to gift, lol)... but the price tag because its 3 wos is offputting.

i had a run-in with mozzarella sticks last night =( dont think low-carbing it is good for me right now as it is leading to cravings / binges that I wouldn't have normally. blah. i do think the stress of dh going, being here to pack up, driving test, etc are not helping this but it has got to stop. i feel so ashamed after i eat something like that. AND my belly hurts!

Morning Girls.

Julia did great night - woke up 1x but quickly put herself back to sleep - HURRAY! I got more sleep last night than the previous 2 combined - But I am DRAGGING!!!! So tired.

Will try to BBl.....

WENDY You'll do GREAT !!!!!!!! You CAN do it ! I wish you tons of luck- that you don't even need. Relax and pretend you are in the car alone. You're ready for this !!!

Drillmax it was , and WHAT A BLAST ! I'd forgotten how great that one is. And doing it the day after No More Trouble Zones, my muscles (esp. shoulders!!) were screaming !!!!!! I'm loving these circuits !

Kate, CAFFEINE ! I know you don't drink coffee, but tea ?? Chocolate ?? When I am dragging that badly, I put SB Via into my morning smoothie. It doesn't taste strong like a SB drink but gives me the boast I need.
Hope you get some energy as the day goes on.

Quick check in -

Rhythmic Step done and I only had one interruption from Ellie. YAY! I love RS. So fun.

Don't have time, need to bathe girls and get dinner ready but wanted to say GOOD LUCK WENDY!!! You can do it!!

bbl.

GO WENDY GO!!!! You can do it!!!!

Having a nice AM w/ the girls. Took a long walk w/ them in the wagon and have been playing outside. It's gorgeous out.

BBL...

Who stole my morning? Kate, was that you? Oh, wait, it was the crisis I had to deal with because the person who should have taken care of it is not feeling well, and therefore unavailable, but didn't bother to let anybody know that until 11:00 AM. Oh, well.

Kate, it does look gorgeous out. The trees outside my window are green!

Wendy, GOOD LUCK! Keep us posted!

Angie, RS is one of my all-time favorites. I wish it was a tad shorter, but oh so much fun to zig zag the combos at the end. Complex choreography makes me smile.

Becky, DrillMax, huh? I've been thinking of doing a circuit this week, but it will probably be the original Boot Camp. I love that one! DrillMax is too long for me.

Klaudia, what is BBC? Should I know that?

Nina, I forgot to get your package ready, but will try to do so tonight. You're finishing Meso 2 this week, right? So you have a rest week next week, which means if you get it some time next week you'll still be on track. Whew. Don't want to mess you up.

Katie, if you're hungry, eat! Sorry, I just had to say that. I'll be quiet now as I have never been preggers.

Hi to Lisa, Colleen, Clintonya and Robin!

I got almost no sleep last night, I slept from 11 to 1 and then again from 6 to 7. Ugh. I hate that. It turns out you can get a lot done on almost no sleep, you're just really tired all the time. I was supposed to get up and work out today, but no go. I'll try to do it after work. My local running store has an injury clinic on Wednesday evenings, so I'm going to go find out what they have to say about my toe. And my hip. My right hip is bugging me. And so is my right wrist. I think my right side is just falling apart. I'll go to my regular doc for my wrist at some point.

Anyway, I'm having lunch with my brother today. He was supposed to talk to my dad last weekend about how much longer he and my mom can stay in their house. How fun. I'm not looking forward to this. One of my friends (who is a nurse and has worked in care facilities) asked me why I thought getting my parents out of their wouldn't be a fight? Good question. The problem is it won't only be a fight with my dad, it will also be a fight with my sister, who does not want my parents in a home. Well, they can't live with me (been there, done that) and I'm pretty sure they can't live with my brother, so there you go. We'll see.

Okay, bbiab!

anne

Beautiful here too !

Heading out to walk the dogs. Just had a boca burger and homemade cole slaw (no mayo dressing) and grapes for lunch.

Anne- ugh My DH is dealing with his mom , who is elderly and still living in her home. She has Parkinson's and recently is spending money like mad on ridiculous things (recently she bought a steam cleaner from an infomercial and she didn't even know what she was going to do with it !) Also in the past year bought siding from a guy going door to door for business , a new furnace, signed up for a yard service (REMINDER: her ONLY CHILD, my husband HAS a yard care business !!!! HELLO ??) and now wants new carpet , new gutters and to turn her garage into a DINING ROOM!
So it's a lot of stress on him, as an only child. He's already had to get her to give up driving and now this ! NOT easy issues. I feel for you and what you're going through.

Okay, now to get OUTSIDE !!! :)

yeah, i just failed my road test =( he let me parallel park 3x...which is unheard of... and i screwed it up every time. i am so upset right now. i cant call til tomorrow for a new appt and it could be 2 weeks again.

oh becky, how hard for dh! my dh will need to have simiar discussion with his parents when we visit in may. enjoy your outside time.

anne, i hope lunch goes okay. i hate sibling divison. we struggle with that too, esp as the divorce gets closer. no worries on the wos. i will def take a recovery week next week, and i prob won't get meso 2 back to you until sat or monday - is that okay? i highly recommend pt by the way. it has helped me thru so many injuries/issues

kate, glad you and the girls are having fun.

wendy, how did it go?

angie, great wo!!

i had sucha nice morning with aidan, then just did legos with finn for a while. now it is quiet time and i will do some yoga i think. i would rather lie down with a book, but i am alwazys afraid i wont get back up. eats are okay today though i did have a runin with peanut butter while i was addressing family drama with my sister:mad: work for me tomorrow, but i am hoping it is really good. bbiab

oh wendy, hugs!!!! i am so sorry. can you call them and explain your situation, or even just set up a test in california? i wish i could offer more support.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.