*+*+*+*+cLEAN weekend! *+*+*+*+

Well, I have no real plans yet for today. Breakfast is a no-brainer. Kashi & fruit. Hoping to do my workout soemtime this morning too, but not sure which. I'm going to start a new rotation today - maybe Circuit City, maybe the January rotation.

We had so much fun last night with the girls. We played hide & seek in the dark. I actually got scared a couple times! Too many horror movies, I guess. I used to watch those all the time in high school, but I can't anymore. My teen sisters love the Saw movies but there is no way in Haiti I could watch that now!

Steph, your last post last night cracked me up! I hope you have a great bday today. Christian doing anything special for you? Hope so! One year DH didn't for me and let's just say he has not forgotten since. I was furious, to put it mildly!

Hope Katie is having a fun weekend.

I checked out Daily Plate more in depth. I started listing out what I ate yesterday and only made it thru breakfast. I can't imagine devoting that much time everyday. I make so many modifications to what I eat, it takes forever to get it all logged in! Maybe once you get in the habit its not such a big deal??? One thing I learned is how much SODIUM is in salsa!!! Oh my word! 2T of Tostitos salsa has 10 % of your sodium in a day. I literally use a full cup on my salads! I couldnt believe it! I've never thought to check for this in salsa!

DDs are waking up - better go make bfast..or pretend to be asleep!

Good morning, ladies! I woke up to the smell or salt and sand, and the sound of waves crashing -- I love it!!

Lots of appointments today to go to today, and I would love to get in a walk on the beach, but they are calling for high wind / rain / possibly snow tonight, so that will be iffy!

Yesterday's eating was not so great, I WILL do better today!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPH!

Glad to see ya, Katie!!! A walk on the beach sounds nice, but not if you're dodging snowflakes!!

Made pancakes for the fam for breakfast. I had a couple small bites off of Gina's plate - no worries though! When I was cleaning the dishes both girls brought me their plates with quite a bit of unfinished pancake. My first thought was "ooh! for me!" but then I thought about it and QUICKLY threw them in Mufasa's bowl! Thank goodness for the dog!!

We have a game plan for the day now. CleanMax this morning, lunch at home, have DDs catch a nap (hopefully I can workout then), then out shopping and out to dinner. Maybe another workout tonight. Would like to get in Classical Stretch.

Steph, on Bar I was surprised at the upbeat music (recognized some of it from Firm tapes). The time went by really fast too. Those girls are so pretty but not in a fake way - just naturally pretty.

Steph, are you packing for you packing for your girls night out??!! Wish we could join you!

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sat. morning. Who has Monday off???!!

Good Morning Everyone!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPH!!!!

My sinuses are bothering me this morning which I don't like. I really wish this congestion would go away. I am glad it is the weekend so I can rest and take care of myself.
5 is leaving early for me because I generally don't leave before 6:30, unless I have plans for the evening. There is just so much to do, and someone always gives me an "emergency" that I never catch up.

Kate, sorry your dinner was not better, but it sounds like you had a fun night with DD. I never knew salsa had so much sodium. I don't eat as much as you but I always use a lot because I thought it was healthy. I loved Circuit City in September - it was a lot of fun.

I have used Calorie king to track my food and workouts, but this year they raised their rates by a lot and I have been looking at free options. I have tried Sparkpeople, but I don't like the fact that you manually have to add your weight workouts. I looked at daily plate but it doesn't track workouts. It is time consuming in the beginning but once you get your favorite meals setup it is quick.

I haven't planned out my meals yet and I don't remember what my workout is next in the rotation. I will check back when I have it figured out.

Colleen

Kate & Katie you snuck in while I was typing.

Kate - good job on no leftovers. Sounds like you have a busy day planned.
Katie - don't you love the sound of the waves crashing? Sorry you won't get your walk on the beach today. Maybe tomorrow.

Colleen

Colleen, Sorry you're not feeling good. Knock on wood, we've all been super-healthy! I've been meaning to look at cal.king - didn't know they charged! Another vote for C.City! Shirl really like that one too.

Well, I just got a mini-workout in! DDs wanted to do their Denise Austin Kids workout. We did it for 30 minutes. Surprisingly, its a pretty good workout. You can modify the cardio to get your HR up decent enough. There's stretching, core, legs. Certainly not Cathe-quality but great for the kids. DH did it too, per Gina's request. I couldn't look during the lunges because I knew I'd crack up!

Okay, I'm logging on my plate. To my happy surprise you can modify the portions easily. I had an apple for my morning snack with a very tiny amount of pb. I modified the serving to be 1/4 of a serving. Normal serving is 2T. I likely had 1/4 serving so I edited it to that. I created a meal for my breakfast so I'll be able to plug that in on a daily basis now. Maybe this will be easier than I initially thought it was going to be.

Back to cleanmax.....

Good Afternoon!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPH!!!! I hope you have a great day and night at the posh hotel! How fun!

Kate, Do you ever make your own salsa? You can control the sodium that way. It sounds like you have a fun, busy day planned. Kudos to you and DH for exercising with the girls! Great examples!

Katie, Ahhh, the sounds of the ocean; how relaxing. I hope everything goes well today. I miss your question of the day. Maybe I'll think of something.

Colleen, Sorry to hear you're not feeling up to par? Did you get a chance to check out Tracey's website?

Hi Robin and Jenn!

I did the timesaver premix #1 from GS legs this am and taught my TK class. I had 3 new people today! WOO HOO! They're bringing more people next week! :D

menu
b-wheat chex, banana & raisins
s-yogurt
l-large salad, reduced fat cheddar cheese, slivered almonds & cottage cheese
s-pear and some protein
d-????

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Thank you sooooo much clean peeps!!

Just a quick check in, i'm running all over the place today. Speaking of running...at 5:30am, my toilet, the bad one, ran all over my upper level!!! Happy freaking birthday!

So far, just my usual Saturday cheat of carob raisins and malt balls! Tonight, dinner, but clean i'm sure

I'm going to try to check the posts before i check in! I'll miss you guys...til tomorrow :)
Steph

I am working on my birthday list this afternoon. DS is due the day before my birthday and wants to get my gift early. I know there are mixed opinions on doing birthday lists but in the end it works out better for me and everyone else. MIL has no idea what to get me and if I leave it generic she'll tell me how she spent an entire day looking for something. So DH and I agreed to do Christmas and birthday lists just to make it easier for everyone.

I have been looking at bedding because the bedding in my guest room is out of date and too girly. It used to be in my bedroom before I moved in with DH. I want a neutral color so hopefully I can keep it longer and it is easier to match. I have found a couple of possibilities and I will look at them later today.

I went to Tracey's site last night and pre-ordered everything. I really like her cardio workouts and I have found the parts series to be challenging if I go heavier than her. I have her High Intensity Kickbox on my birthday list.

Shirl, congrats on new attendees at TK class. Did you preorder any of Tracey's workouts?
Steph, sorry about the toilet. Hope the rest of your birthday is better :) The pilates workout I use is just from Tracey's DVD. It is very short.
Kate, sounds like a great family workout this morning. I am glad you are starting to figure out daily plate. It will get easier to log your meals.

Since I was unsure this morning here are my updates:

w/o was Total Body and Step SF
b: shredded wheat w/ almonds
l: chicken shwarma (not very clean but very good), banana
s: apple
d: tbd

Off to get some water!

Colleen

Shirl, Sometimes I make my own salsa but I find its actually cheaper to buy it! Looks like I'll be making it anyway now!!! Glad to hear about your class this AM - great news!

Steph, Sorry about your toilet - that stinks - literally! Have fun tonight!

Colleen, I'm a fan bday lists!!! Otherwise you end up w/ a bunch of stuff you don't need/want. Congrats on your preordering - fun! My beef with dailyplate is how on earth do you log in homemade food w/ lots of ingredients. I think I'm making homemade tortilla soup tonight - It'll take an hour to log in all of it! What is shwarma? Does it give you good karma?:+

Lunch was out at Applebees. Had the kids order applesauce instead of fries. Better for them AND me! I ordered a half order of SanteFe grilled chicken salad. I had them leave off any and all sauces (except the salsa of course!). Just finished 9-grain bread toasted w/ cinnamon sprinkled on top and the tiniest bit of sugar. Yummy & no guilt!

Leaving for more shopping/errands now. Have a great afternoon.

Robin, You out there??!!

Here I am ladies.

First I woke up late and had to rush to targets to pick up surplies. At girlscouts we went over child safety and had a big party for Martin Luther King. The girls loved it but it wore me OUT!!!

I came home and took a long nap.I was not able to w/o today so tomorrow will be some hard work.

Colleen girl you'd preordered everything from Tracey's website? I'm scared to go to her website because I may do the same.

Kate I'm like you All the Saw movies scared me to death but I love to see them.:+

Oh no Steph toiletmax drama on your B-day. Happy B-day :*

Shirl let us know about the new peeps.

Feel better Colleen

Kate can you mix your own salsa with the store brought one to lower the sodium? Does salsa freeze well?

Hey Katie how is the weather on the beach? I'm so jealous ;-)

Hello again!!

I'm packed and off, now i dont want to go.

Kate, cleanmax, hide and seek max, and workouts, you must be tired. I really admire you you know :) I'm glad you're finding the dailyplate easy to use, i like that one best of all!

Katie, what happened with Davids? did i miss the post?

Colleen, still feeling crappy huh? Your credit card will make you feel better, lol. I looked at all of Tracey's stuff yesterday too, the kickbox ones look amazing!!! I love Tracey as a person too.

Shirl, your TK is popular, word of mouth is the best.

Robin, that nap sounds great! Yeah, toiletmax stinks :)

I will 'see' you all tomorrow morning..if i last that long.
Have a great Saturday night,
Steph

Decided to do Bar tonight....Kate without me?! LOL

Just kidding but that was funny, from yesterday posts.

Do you have any toilet jokes? And you never told us the story of how you flip up the stairs.

BTW My menu was not good today because of kids and that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
;-)

Robin, Sounds liek you had fun w/ your scouts! You watch the Saw movies?!?!?! Oh my word, I can't bring myself to! PG for me, thanks! My weight room is in this back room of our basement that you have to go aroung this twisty hallway to get to. When I'm down there I have all sorts of horror-movies thoughts and haven't been able to watch them for years! I've never tried to freeze salsa....

Steph, How come you don't want to go???! I hope you have fun..
I think Katie said David's will let her exchange. Hopefully she gets the dress she wants.

I've had some unclean treats this afternoon...

Time to go make the fam some dinner...

Well...

This is why i get frustrated!
My friends are totally unreliable, forgive me, but i must vent.
So i've been up since 5:30am to get all my stuff done, laundry, toiletmax, groceries, dogs, cleanmax, workoutmax, talk to you all max...and guess what?
I was supposed to meet my 2 girlfriends at 4:30 at my friend Sam's work, then walk to the restaurant (vegetarian :) then to the hotel, they are all on the same street. Guess what?
Sam, my single friend, has to go home first (across town), shower, change, pack etc...my other friend Kerri, has forgotten her ID and credit card. the one that that the hotel is booked under...so now DH has to take me to Kerri's place, her DH has to give me her ID credit card...then across town again to meet them now at 6:30!! Why do i bother? That's why i should just stay home.

It has gotten me thinking though. You know what, very few things disappoint me. You all never disappoint me, Cathe never disappoints me..my colleagues...anyway, call it a birthday breakdown i guess.
Do any of you ever feel like that?

Kate, unclean treats...I think Robin has the best answer, the kids made you do it!!
Thanks for listening...
Steph

Robin, Guess I need to clarify when I say Bar!!:7 You guys crack me up. Can I use your excuse on menu today too??? I'll tell the stair story tonight. I'm headed down for my workout now. The fams eating dinner but Im too full from my snacking - gonna go burn it off w/ HST. I dread this one but I need it!! I'll ask Mike if there are any current toilet jokes circulating the supply houses...

Steph, I hope you;re having fun!!!

Awwww, Steph! I just posted and see you did too! I'm sorry your bday evening is getting off to a bad start. I usually end up disappointed on my bday too. I think I get this idea that it should be like when I was 5 and everyone was happy it was my bday. Now no one knows or cares, it comes and it goes. Hopefully you end up having fun tonight. We'll be thinkingof you!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.