(*(*(*(*(clean it up Tuesday)*)*)*)*)

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning ladies,

I'm in kind of a grouchy mood this morning. Ryan let me sleep in but now he's grouchy so it doesn't really work. I am doing laundry and cleaning up the kitchen and hoping to eat some sort of clean breakfast. Probably egg whites.

I'm planning to do butts and guts today. Haven't tried it yet and it's not in my rotation for Jan so I want to give it a whirl.

Katie, I hope you're feeling better.

I'll check in later.

By the way, I have a pork tenderloin and some red potatoes I need to cook tonight. Any good suggestions? I found a recipe but Ryan says "rosemary and thyme don't taste like anything" so I'm trying to figure something out with a little more taste...

morning angie - grouchy husbands are the worst! i'd rather be tired myself than deal with sleepdeprived dh. as far as the pork, i love rubbing it with olive oil, then putting rosemary, salt and pepper on top. i'd do the same with the potatos. just don't forget the salt! have fun with b and g.

katie, hope you are better today.

robin, awsome workout yesterday - how heavy do you go with biceps? 40lbs is my max.

kate, sorry the stir fry was lousy. i actually started craving that after you mentioned it yesterday. i do hate the kits, though.

i am really tired yesterday, and i have another long work day today followed by a dr recheck this afternoon. hope dh is not too burnt out by tonight, but i have chicken for tacos in the crock pot, so at least dinner won't be an issue. i did cardio on elliptical today and abs from core max, no time for upper body:( i am hoping the dr will clear me to run more than every other day, and i really want to get my distance up. sound like a broken record, don't i?

hi klaudia, hi anne, hi colleen - bbl everyone

Ok, eats are about as clean as I can make them given what we have in the house. For lunch I cooked up a piece of chicken and put it in a pita. I wanted to put caesar dressing in but I did salsa instead. Not quite the same, but good enough. Bfast was an egg white omelet with just a little cheese in it. Also had a clementine for lunch and some laughing cow cheese with a few small breadsticks.

Morris, thanks for the help with the tenderloin. I'll try it out. That's about what I was figuring I'd do anyway. Pork has quite a bit of taste on it's own (I think). Hope the doc clears you for more running!

Well, Ryan rested for a while and is better but now I'm slightly depressed. Just one of those off days.

Wake up sleepy heads!

Morning, everyone! Sorry I didn't make it back late in the day yesterday.

Angie, thyme and rosemary have plenty of flavor, especially rosemary. Maybe he just hasn't had it cooked well in the past? I love to make rosemary roasted potatoes. Just cut up the potatoes, drizzel with olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary. Pop in the oven for 30-45 minutes, turning once. They're delicious. I put them in at 350 here, I don't what that is in Celsius.

Morris, great job on the work out this morning. How do you do tacos in the crock pot? I love tacos, but always make them on the stove.

Kate, I hope you and Collin are feeling better. Strep is the worst.

Hi to Katie, Klaudia, Colleen, and Robin. Who did I miss?

Well, you guys won't believe this, but I got up at 5:50 this morning and worked out. I didn't sleep well last night and had the alarm set for 6, so I just got up. After work last night I did the weights portion of 4DS HIS, chest and back. It went pretty well, I even used 20 lbs. for flyes and 25 for bench press. I only did 10 1/2 reps at 25 lbs for bench press (instead of 12), but it was the first time I went that heavy, so I was pleased. And, I did almost all of the push ups on my toes. All but about 6 of them, I think. The ones at the end weren't pretty, but I got them done.

Then this morning I did 4DS Boot Camp. That last drill always kills me, but I took a little break and did the entire thing for the first time ever! I was so excited. I'm not trying to brag, I just know you guys understand. I did the weight work, then the abs from Low Impact Circuit, which came yesterday. I think there's something wrong with it, though, it freezes at 28:07. I'm going to try it in another player and see what happens. I'm sure it will be easy to exchange if need be.

Eats were good yesterday, too. I had yogurt, string cheese, and a banana for breakfast; gang musmun (thai food) with tofu for lunch, and chicken tortilla soup (compliments of chefkate!) for dinner. I did put cheese in the soup, but not chips this time.

Okay, I'll close this novel. Eats today:

b--yogurt and string cheese (i forgot my banana, darn it)
l--? out somewhere, but healthy
d--probably chicken tortilla soup again

Talk to you later!

anne

Morning ladies!

Getting ready to take Milla to a birthday party at one of those jumpy places. I'm hoping my dad takes her instead and lets me stay home with the other two;) Need to do cardio and abs today, not sure what yet. It'll have to be short, though cause my FIL wants to come over later this afternoon to celebrate Darrin's birthday and I need to get to the grocery store, too. Any suggestions?

Angie, hope your mood improves. I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I feel like I'm more grouchy than not, ya know? I do my pork tenderloin with a coating of mustard and steak seasoning-very good.

Morris, keep at it. You'll get there, no worries:)

Hi to all my other clean and tidy girls!

b-kashi

bbl for more personals...

Klaudia, I forgot to tell you thanks for the bean casserole recipe. And, the KB session sounds great! and very reasonable. Thanks for looking into it!

anne

Hi Everyone!

I am really tired this morning. I did not sleep well last night. I woke up around 2 and did not get back to sleep until after 3. I could not get comfortable - I was either too hot or too cold. I hope I am not coming down with anything.

Kate, I never have any luck with the packaged stuff. I am glad you had Kashi - I wanted that for dinner Sunday night.
Katie, sorry about the Strep. Get some rest so you are ready for STS.
Robin, sorry DD ate your popcorn yesterday. I bet you can't wait for them to go back to school next week.
Angie, my aunt made pork with the rosemary thyme, olive oil and put cranberries on top. It was yummy.
Klaudia, you could take Angie's suggestion and make pork, or you could make a casserole. I don't have any recipes that I can think of right now.
Anne, ^5 on getting up early to workout. I have been sleeping in and getting to work late. Good thing no one is around to notice.
Morris, hope the dr clears you to run everyday.

w/o was SSS & Core Conditioning 1-6
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: clif bar
l: tbd
s: chopped veggies, clementime
d: ww pasta & turkey meatballs

Angie, I forgot to tell you we had pork tenderloin for Christmas dinner and it was amazing. This will be so helpful to you--my SIL used this fantastic marinade, but I don't have the recipe. Sorry! I do know it was soy sauce, brown sugar, ground mustard, nutmeg, applesauce and something else. It made a terrific au jus. Lots of soy, lots of applesauce, just a little of everything else and it should turn out all right. Ha! Maybe you shouldn't listen to me...

anne

Hey ladies, sorry to be MIA this morning. I slet as long as I could, no workout.

I'm at work and feeling ok. I only have four more hours then I am off again until Monday!!

I left for lunch and came to Panera for some soup, it's yummy! And feels so good on my throat.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

OK, B&G kinda done. UGH. This is one of those workouts that while I know it's doing a great job tightening and toning, I find myself thinking, "If this is what it takes to get in shape, I just don't care that much." It just HURTS.

I skipped out on the last 2 minutes or so of the floor work. I just couldn't lift my leg anymore. Then only did about 5 minutes of the ab work. My body was just beat. I'm sure I'll work up to it.

Gotta eat some dinner. It's late. I'll try to catch up with everyone tomorrow!

angie

wo (4ds kb) done, tidy eating today.
ellip is getting delivered tonight!

roast is in the oven and smells so good!
dds helped me make sock-it-to-me cake for dessert!:eek: one small piece for me. will send the leftovers w/ mike to work tomorrow!

Workout is done. I did 30 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill and abs from 4DS LIS. Even better, I said NO to birthday cake at Milla's party this morning! Still haven't gone to the store and now Darrin's dad's on his way. I told him he could entertain his dad and I could go shopping-good idea, no? When he comes over, like 3 times/year, it's like he's a guest. When my parents or MIL come over, it's like family. I get stressed out when he visits. Sigh. Hope it's a short visit.

Sorry to hear you're still sick, Robin! Take it easy and drink lots of fluids.

Klaudia, can yo go out to dinner? I hope the visit is short, too. Did Darrin have a good birthday?

How was dinner, Angie?

It sounds like lots of us are doing 4DS stuff this week--how cool!

anne

I left work tonight just after 5. That is really rare for me and I really don't know what to do with myself. I did some cleaning, some surfing and I guess now I will just relax until DH comes home.

Angie, how did the pork turn out?
Anne, you guys might pressure me to add 4DS this week. Maybe Friday or Saturday.
Klaudia, ^5 on no birthday cake. I vote for going out to dinner too. I understand about FIL. My in-laws don't come over very often because they don't like our cooking (they like very traditional bland food) and MIL doesn't like going out.
Kate, are you going to try out the ellip tonight?

Okay, I just watched Drill Max (which came yesterday) and now I'm really scared. I don't think I can do all that! Oh, well, I'm sure it will be fun to try. I think I'll be with Angie, though, and say, "This just hurts too much." But, I'll give it a try soon and see how it goes.

Colleen, did you decide on a car?

See you all in the morning.

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.