*!*!*!***clean & tidy tuesday***!*!*!*

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Angie, where are you?? Now I'm worried.... Hope everything is okay with the girls, and with Ryan being back at work today... Any tears at school this morning?
Colleen, do you have ice? None here, but some schools are delayed (?), they say it's going to get worse thru the day. What color is your new car?
Morris, are you running this morning?? I hope you enjoy it -- it seems like it's your drug! How many miles?
Klaudia, sorry I made you want chocolate. The piece I had tasted really nasty:eek: Okay not really, I tried!
Anne, what dedication to do KPC drills and then go to tap class!
Kate, what on earth happened to those cookies?? :D Did you do CC on the elliptical again, or just jam to songs on the mp3 player?
Robin, I'm gonna be in Greensboro, NC this weekend -- how close is that to you?

Kate, don't worry, I'm here. Just had a busy morning. Had to go to the Marie (town hall) to apply for long term visas. Drop off was OK. Annabel cried a little but Ellie didn't. We'll see how pick up goes.

Gotta leave in a few but wanted to report HSC done! That is a tough one - she just keeps moving. I didn't do the decline push-ups because my chest is still all sorts of sore and I also didn't do the second set of 15 shoulder rotations. I hate upper body band work - it makes me feel so weak!

Stats:

Time: 68 min
Cal: 403
High HR: 180
Avg: 134

My monitor was acting up early on so it took a while to get it going so I had to slightly guestimate on cal burn but it almost always takes exactly 20 min to burn my first 100 so when at 20 min I was only at 70, I added 30 to my total. :) Is that cheating?

Ok, I'll bbl...

I hit the snooze FIVE TIMES this morning :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Pure Strength C / S / T is on tap for today, good thing that is a shorter workout since I slept so long. My plan for January was to use the PS series, since the workouts are a bit shorter, and add a few 1RM tests each day. For example, with today's workout, do the warm-up, then one test for a chest exercise, one shoulder test, one tricep test, maybe repeat if needed or do a few more depending on time, then get to my actual dvd workout. But alas, there is no time this morning, oh well......

My eating has been super clean for several days -- and thank goodness!! Between all the cookies / cakes / and other food laying around for the holidays, and bloat from the arrival of AF, I was reeeaaallllllllyyy feeling super-fluffy and did not like it! But I am feeling / looking less fluffy, so that is really good! And I feel motivated to keep it going.

I bought some ground turkey at the store this week, I've never cooked with it. Any suggestions? I can really just sub it for ground beef in any recipe I would imagine...?

Ok, better get to it, BBL...

No WOlast night.:( BUt I guess its okay since I did a WO on Sunday, my scheuled rest day. Didnt get Julia down til after 9. The house is a total pit and I am so overwhemled being behind in, oh, EVERYTHING! I just forsook it all and went to bed.

WO today will be cardio/stretching. Try, try again!

Katie, Ground turkey....I know I have soem recipes saved SOMEWHERE for that but if you could see my kitchen you'd give me a hug and cry!
I'm hoping to do my 1rm''s too, but that's just another thing that I'm feeling incredibly behind about. At this rate I wont be able to start STS til my kids graduate from HS!

Angie, yay for the girls! I hope it gets better and better. Gina cried for WEEKS, well, actually, months at her 1st year of preschool. I would sit around the corner SOBBING holding little Isabel listening to her crying. The biggest thing for us was (and still is) for me to keep very upbeat about school. Don't let them see you be upset/sad about being away from them. Remind them about how happy they are whilethey are there. It does get easier/ Sounds like they are doing okay today.:) HSC sounds great - may have to do that one soon. I don't think its onmy rotation so I'll have to sub it in.

No clue on eats today as I have NO CLUE what I'm even doing today.
Mike's bday (32!!) is Thursday and I am so unprepared.
I am feeling so overwhelmed and unorganized and helpless and.....better go get Gina ready for school.

Oh poor Kate, I hate to "see" you this way!! Maybe your cardio today will be cleanMAX, maybe stretching will be reaching up to dust the shelf!

WO is done, wore my HRM, not sure if I am supposed to do that for lifting, oh well...

time 40:21
cals 193
HR 116 avg / 143 max

Not too bad for lifting!! I went really heavy, though...

I'm gonna be late for work. What else is new........:rolleyes:

kate, hugs coming your way!! i hate feeling overwhelmed, and i'd say you have that in spades. i know firstthing i do when i feel that way is 1 task that i can check off and fel good about, whether that is cleaning, showering;), or running. then, breathe deep and remember, none is essential. then look at little julia and smile. hope you feel better soon.

morning katie - great job with the workouts and clean eats! i find it amazing you can take a break from the wagon then jump right back on. i tend to repeatedly fall off....:)

angie, good workout, and i am glad the dropoff went okay. i bet the girls will be happy to have some friends and such.

i did run this morning, and katie, it is definately my drug! i just love how i feel running, but my problem is, i always want to go faster and farther, so you can imagine that can get me in trouble. right now i am really focusing on taking things down a notch so i do not get reinjured. i could not bear that. so today i did 6.6 miles in 54 minutes. i did 3 10min intervals at 7.7 with 3 3min rcoveries at 7.1, then cooled down at 6.7-7 on an incline. i am trying to just run 4 days this week, 6-7miles each, then if i feel okay, bump it up next week. hope to fit in bis and tris 4ds later today. i am taking both boys to a little music class today - my christmas present from dh. should be interesting, and hopefully fun. dh leaves town tomorrow, but only for 3 days, so that is good. unfortunately, we are supposed to get a pretty good storm here, so i hope we do not lose power. bbl

Kate you have a infant so don't be so hard on yourselve. Little-by-little things will get done. My friend said instead of making a "to-do-list" make to-don't list". On the don't list put down critisize self. Just because you are a SAHM doesn't mean you are superwoman.

Katie Greensboro...I think it pretty close like 1 hour away. Keep up the good work with 1RM. I wished Cathe did that star system last year when I was testing. I hAd to look thru old blog pictures to figure things out.

Angie that's not cheating. Cheating is when you make up all of the numbers and eat choc.chip cookies, while watching Oprah....Not me ;)

My w/o today will be cardio. I'm not sure which one b/c I have the energy but my knee is hurting a little.

b-oatmeal
l-salmon cakes??

Morris I love w/o with ipod. I have everything from disco, rock, 60s,80s up to todays music.

katie, oh, im okay, im just completely frazzled and unorganized and i HATE being this way.:mad: not sure how it got so bad in here! well, i am sure. her name has 5 letters in it and she's nursing right now! thats a huge part of it - i'm sitting nursing so muh during the day i cant get anything done. i wouldnt trade it for anything and it goes by too fast anyway so i might as well embrace the chaos instead of fight it.

good job on your wo, katie!

morris, thanks for the comforting words.:) ..sniff, sniff..:) i got my checkbook balanced - theres something i can feel positive about!:rolleyes::p have fun at your class today! is it gymboree?
i am in total awe of your running - the distance, the speed, the whole shebang! im hoping cc turns me into a runner! we'll see!:D

i normally protect a babys sleep schedule like my life depends on it but i think im just going to go out and get ALL of my errands done. julias gonna cry (a lot) and be cranky, but i think id feel better if i got some things done OUTSIDE the house. ....oh, but i hate to take a tired baby out!
geez, im indecisive today!:rolleyes:

:Dhey robin! am i allowed to criticize dh!?:p
if i made a to-do list i'd burn thru a whole package of bics!:p
hope your knee gets feeling better!
my mom makes salmon cakes but i CANNOT bring myself to prepare them - blech!

Morning!

So much for yesterday's clean eating. I had ice cream last night:( Oh, well back on the wagon today, right? Today I need to do cardio-hiit. And Sheetmax-blech!

Angie, I did HSC yesterday! You're right, she moves so fast, I have to pause it just to change weights. Hope school goes smoothly today.

Katie, good job on the clean eating. Keep it up-I need the motivation!

Kate, sending hugs your way:) Listen to yourself-you're right! Julia and the girls are priority #1. I'm gonna quote Tony Horton (cheesy, I know!) D0 your best-and forget the rest!!

Morris, nice job! Have fun with the boys today:)

Robin, did you decide on your workout? I love your inspirational quotes. They are very motivating:)

Hi Anne and Colleen!

b-cereal, fruit
s-nuts, fruit?
l-leftover quinoa and black beans
s-?
d-salmon, asparagus, sweet potato

bbl...

klaudia and robin, now i really want salmon! i'll have to take a looka t the quinoa thread too.... not sure why i am so into cooking these days.

all this talk of circuits is making me want to do one.

robin, what is wrong with your knee? i hope it feels better.

kate, sometimes i do sacrifice aidan's schedule. 1 day may mean the difference between you sanity vs craziness. she will adjust.

almost time for music clas. finn is so excited!

Morris, I found these awesome frozen Thai chili marinated wild salmon fillets that are all natural and you put them in the oven frozen! So much easier than prepping fresh and Darrin loves them:)

Wow, you guys are chatty this morning. Well, I was so out of sorts after all the running around and feeling frazzled yesterday that I sat in front of the TV and watched the bowl game last night. Which means I didn't get to bed until almost midnight, which means I couldn't get up this morning! And I have tap again tonight, so I'm already behind on the rotation that is two days old. Sigh. I'm just going to have to wing it. Maybe I can do two work outs on Friday...

Kate, I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed. I agree, take deep breaths and just try to get one thing done. That always makes me feel better.

Colleen, I hope your new car is okay! We're supposed to get snow later in the day.

Angie, I think I can get all the work outs in this week, but maybe not on the same days as you do them. Sorry about that!

Morris, have fun at music class, I hear little ones just love that.

Katie, I mix one pound of ground turkey with half a pound of ground beef when I make chili. The turkey takes on the beef flavor and nobody knows the difference. I also make turkey burgers:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/curry-turkey-burgers-recipe/index.html

That's not the recipe I've made, but it's close.

Robin, I love 80s music.

Klaudia, ice cream has calcium, right? You need that for good bones.

Okay, gotta run, but I'll try to be back later. Ciao!

anne

Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry I am a little late this morning. I had to play hostess to my client this morning and needed to make sure everything was setup properly. Luckily no ice this morning but it is supposed to get much worse today. I hope I can get home before it gets bad since I brought my new car to work.

Katie, my new car is titanium silver. I am glad you are enjoying PS. Maybe after STS I will get that one.
Kate, glad you got your checkbook balanced. I understand how you feel and I hope you can something done soon.
Klaudia, ice cream is my favorite splurge. It is really hard for me to resist.
Angie, I hope school goes better today for everyone.
Morris, I am so jealous of your running. I really want to get a treadmill so I can run in the winter. Spring will be here soon.
Robin, hope your knee feels better. Maybe some low impact (LIC or Amy Bento's Hi/Lo).

w/o was KBX Good premix
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 Clif Bar
l: steamed tofu w/ veggies, clementime
s: apple, mixed veggies
d: turkey meatloaf patties

Good idea Anne with the chilli.

I have a bad knee and sometime is bothers me.I tore the liagment in high school. I guess it's all the rain.

I ended up doing Imax3 cardio only and 10min core work.

colleen, good luck at work, and careful on the way home today. is your car front wheel drive?

anne, sorry for the lack of sleep. tap class is exercise, so don't beat yourself up about not fitting in another workout too. your turkey recpie sounds good.

klaudia, where do you find that salmon? it sounds so good.

i am making bean soup in the crock pot today. i love it as leftovers, which is good, b/c there is a lot! hoping to make ratatouille later today or tomorrow to have something tasty and clean - i think we will be snowed in tomorrow!

Hi Anne - we posted at the same time. Sorry about staying up so late but sometimes you just need to do that to relax. Have a great day!

Morris, it's by Trident Naturals. I got it at Meijer. They have a website:www.tridentseafoods.com. I looked to see if they had a list of stores that carry them, but I think you have to call. They also have other varieties like cod, etc.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.