*~CHEETAHS Wonderful Wednesday~*

meatlessinca

Cathlete
Oh my goodness CHATTY Cheetahs! :eek:

I can’t keep up with ya’ll! I’ve wanted to post but just no time to do so! Thanks for all the kind words and support re: my boot camp plan with Gillian McKeith. Loving my results and I truly do feel so much better. Let’s see, Saturday was up at 5 am to meet friend at 6 am to drive to auburn and run 15 miles (yes, I too had the Adam Sandler experience towards the end with the temps jumping up to 92!), back home to shower and then drive 2 hours to Napa to take DD to meet my sister. DD stayed the last 5 days with my POSH sis in Sebastopol at the the POSH mansion (remember the place I was stuck in during the Jan storms?..lol..)…then the drove back home and on Sat evening I actually SAT down for a while with DH and we watched Olympics…got to see the surprising women’s marathon (I too am so glad Paula finished – that girl was in pain! – she is NO quitter that is fo shiz) got to see that uber fast lighting bolt Jamaican dude win gold and set a record on the 100 and lordy did he look as if he was just jogging! Then we saw the absolutely amazing win by the men’s swim relay! Those boys really worked it and made it happen. We were actually cheering them on loudly like we do during football and my golden got all excited like as if it were a touchdown and started barking and squeaking her yellow squeezy football! LOL…Ok, so Sunday was all about cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc, playing catch up, and Monday was 7 miler and then to work, and today was weight workout, appt and then work…ugh…now I’m double checking DD’s boxes of stuff because tomorrow I drive to Napa again to move her into the dorms at the Oxbow School. She’s sooo excited and nervous at the same time. It’s such a great opportunity for her!

Cathy, my runnin’ fool friend! LOL…peeked at the blog and L’dMAO!! You are really doing great! And the first thing I’m gonna ask you after we finish Chicago is ….what Marathon are ya doing next? lol. Uh, sorry I couldn’t get back to you fast enough before you ordered your hand held but looks like you made a great choice cuz I’ve been eyeballing the same one. Mine is similar but with the standard round bottle but it does the trick. I also run with a defense spray in the other hand so it sort of helps my form I guess to have things in my hands the keep my hands and wrists aligned or whatever. Also, it helps to remind me of keeping my shoulders relaxed.

Gloria – mmmm yum, me loves crab cakes! with a little vino..lol. Sounds like you’re busy getting ready to go back to school. Hey, I like your avatar too…Pip is really a cutie bug…

Wendi – Hey, prayers and hugs up to ya and your friend! I’m soo sorry! Glad you got a bit of a getaway – tell the bosshole why don’t he go test some horse tranquilizers or something on himself…lol

Karen – congrats on the 5K – well done! Sounds like you’re really busy getting ready for school as well. My DS started back to high school a week ago. We used to go back to school after Labor Day out here but seems like they started the mid August thing about 8 years ago or so….hmmm…all my kids hated going back early. Said they felt like it was still summer and they had to go back

Wendy lou
– Sorry about the bowling… Hey, that’s fabu DH is going to run with you! Time to start some speed training so youse can beat him! LOL….Glad you liked the yoga. You and Judy had me cracking up about the bed thing and setting the alarm ….

Judy – Thanks for the support re: Gillian Mckeith and her plan. I also agree about the juicing…I can’t justify the cost of one right now and I do eat loads of veggies and fruit in their natural state as it is. I also don’t take the book as my bible, but do use the plan etc as a guideline to make the changes. The food pairing bit I also am a bit skeptical about and a few other things but overall her plan and some information makes great sense to me and most importantly – its working! Whew, anyway, glad you had nice weather for golf, hope your foot is doing better… Cracked up over the alarm clock comments and the “sesen o’clock”…lol. Reminds me of when DS was in maybe 1st or 2nd grade and they had to answer questions relating to mom (it was a mother’s day thing I think) and one question was “your mom’s favorite saying”…OMG the kid wrote “c’mon hurry up”….awe geez, that poor boy…but I tell ya, ask his sister’s and they’ll attest that the kid moved slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter when it came time to get ready for school….sheesh…

Shelly – WOW, your run in the park sounded divine! I’m also envious of your future runs on your new homestead…lol. It’s beautiful where I live but we can’t run around here due to too many unleashed dogs. My fingers are crossed for ya! I’m sure you’ll land something great! BTW, LOVE your avatar!!!

Christine
– STEP AWAY FROM THE CHEESE…c’mon Christine, put it down…that’s right, leave it…leave it…LOL… uh, yah, after that admission, there’s a cheese ban in Chicago for sure! You’re also killin’ me with the childhood crush things…Ok, so here’s some of mine…ready? Um ok, at my grandparents house I loved watching Bobby Darin on TV…um, yeah, that was weird…I also liked Peter on Brady Bunch…lol...oH, and here’s one that was plastered on my wall for a while…Paul Michael Glaser on Starsky and Hutch….LMAO!!

Carole – Hey, glad we got some cool down temps going on, eh? Loving all the windows open right now with the cool breeze. Sure it won’t last long though…Sounds like you’re clean eating etc is doing wonders for ya! Congrats! Uh, yeah, it’s gonna have to be you’re job to keep Christine away from the cheese whilst visiting the WINDy city..pun intended…lol…Glad you enjoyed your trail run with sis…

Dallas – Thanks for the offer to pick me up some NUUN tablets. I haven’t had a chance to look yet but I’m going to make the effort this weekend. Sorry about losing the post…that so sucks, huh.. Sounds like a great time with the kids. I used to do that too – have the kids ride while I ran. You should keep running with the TNT group! Great pics by the way!

Linda
– What is a Dove workout? Glad to hear your daughters are doing better. Were you able to convince your running buddy to alter the schedule?? Hope the training is going well.

Jackie – Sounds like my job lately…so dang busy with stuff coming in all directions. Today the phones were going off the hook and at one point I felt like answering “911 what’s your emergency”…wouldn’t that have been hilarious…Hope your day goes better

Ok, hopefully I didn’t miss anyone…I’m sooooo tired now…up later than I have been lately. Gotta get some sleep now…I mean it is 12:45 am CPST and 3:45 am CEST….the C is for Cheetah…lol

Have a great day gals!

POSH :D

Good morning ladies!

I had hoped to get in a fun one, like Imax 2 or something, but just had too much *shtick* to get done around the house this morning. I'm hating the fact that I haven't gotten to workout in a week, again. I *will* get there, WILL!

Oh, BTW, I did continue with that HRM experiment and found that I burn around 1750 cals for an average 10 hour day (with riding) and yesterday was around 1900 for 10 hours of barnwork/fence repair. I have to say that seeing that does make me feel a *leetle* bit better about not getting to workout lately. Makes me think that I should try bumping up my cals just a little but, then again, I had the most success weight-loss-wise when I kept it around 1300...oh, what to do, what to do:confused:.

Let me go switch the laundry and I'll be back with personals...honestly:p!

Seeeee, I made it back:p;):D!

Posh - OMG, my computer almost wore a whole mouthful of coffee...LMAO about the tranqs!!!!!!! Wowee have you been buuuuuuuusy:eek:. Nice you got to go visit the mansion again under better circumstances. Glad to hear that you're seeing some awesome results lately...keep it up woman! ^^^5s on the hot run:eek:. Best of luck to DD!

Cathy - *Doing the happy dance* for ya that you're oh so close to your fundraising goal! Oooooh, goodies, enjoy! Thanks for the article on eggs...maybe I should start leaving one yolk in my omelets in the mornings. Great job on the run. Wussy bear???? Hardly! You won't catch me doin that one:eek:. I agree about the sabotage part... thanks. I just can't tell if it's intentional or not...that's what's kind of hard to take. I've been wearing my bracelet, too, (thanks!)...I guess it was touch and go for her last night.

Karen - Too funny about the popcorn stop for DD:). What a relief that your younger daughter has perfect teeth. I had a similar issue having a very small jaw and way too many teeth. They actually had to pull 11 teeth when I was 16...4 molers and the rest of my baby teeth that never fell out. Thank goodness they knocked me out for that one:eek:. BTW, belated congrats on your outstanding 5k finish!

Wendy - Sorry about the crummy night at bowling. Maybe you didn't fall too far. I have to agree with Cathy...maybe a LD (or two, or three) is in order:p. Glad you enjoyed the class yesterday. So, I can't wait to hear what you think of Imax 3 *insert witch's laugh and devil horned smiley*.

Judy - Hope you had a fab time golfing yesterday....gorgeous day, huh:D? How's the foot feeling?

Shelly - Thanks hon! Glad to hear about your lovely run the other day...sounds gorgeous! You can bet I've got my paws crossed for ya that you find a great *local* postition. Uh, you never whine, love:).

Christine - Funny about DH and the brown rice and whole wheat pasta...hey, whatever works, right? Glad you love you new shoes. I use to shop on Zappos all the time but completely forgot about it. Uh oh, looks like I'll have to go check it out again *devil horn smiley*. Wonderful choice to do that AIDS benefit race. Who knows, maybe you'll end up doing that century ride:D.

Carole - Your trail run the other day sounded like soooooo much fun...how cool to be able to just jump in the water like that. WTG on the lower BP! Yikes:eek:!!!!...B&G *and* Imax 2....holy moley!!

Dallas - Sorry about the lost post...that just plain sux, don't it?

Linda - Sorry to hear your DD is under the weather....yuck! Sending {{{VIBES}}} her way. Glad you had a lovely vacation:)!

Jackie - Sorry to hear you've been swamped with work lately:(. Hope that passes quickly. Great job pumping those workouts out...must be a good stress reliever.

Gloria - Oh, see, there you go makin' me crave crab cakes something fierce:p *lol*! Sorry about the kid with peanut allergies:(. It's amazing to me how serious that one can be. Congrats on the new laptop!

Gotta get my *little* novel here posted LOL! Gotta jet. I should be able to visit tonight barring any unforseen problems. Happy hump day ladies!

Good morning, cheetahs!
th_cheetah3.gif

POSH!!!
th_jumpingbannana.gif
Love when you can post. Between Starsky, the term "bosshole," (send it to Merriam-Webster, really!), that groaner of a pun, and your new phone answering method, you had me baggin' up laughin'. :) :) :) All except for the part about "what marathon next?" *lol* Thank you re: the blog, the training encouragement, and for startin' our day on such an UP. By the way, I know REI carries those Nuun tablets, if you have one of those nearby.​

Gloria :: I usually watch one of the local news stations here, too, but I've been switching among the all-news channels to try to stay on top of the developments with the case. I will try to tune into those programs you mentioned.​

Wendi :: wait--all that calorie-burnin' and you'd only take in 1,300?? How in the world do you do it? And where exactly are you looking to lose it from? Seriously. You look awesome!...Hmm, intentional or not, I guess either way is toxic. I vote for the tranqs! *lol*​

Looks like the Imax 2 DVD will be delivered today (yay!), so I'll be hitting C&W later. Dentist first thing.​

Have a great day, everyone!​

Good Morning Cheery Cheetahs!:D

Dinner last night was nice but the nurtion tracker didn't like me very much when I went to put in my eats. :eek: I was sooo good about keeping my portion sizes down at dinner. With just that all was PERFECT. I still had mostly A's and a nice high GPA. We had pasta with sauce, meatballs and salad. I couldn't even gorge on the salad cause my MIL had already put the dressing on and it was SOAKED! WAAAAY too much dressing and you KNOW it's wasn't any low fat kind! LOL Then after dinner I LOST IT and hogged out on those mini chocolate frosted Entenmenns doughnuts! They tasted sooooo good along with my cup of coffee. I just kept going back!:rolleyes: I don't even know how many I ate. When I input my food I probably estimated on the LOW end and my fat and cals were STILL too high. ACK! Perhaps I need to bring dessert from home next time!:p The only positive thing I can say is that even though I ate waaaay too much dessert, I did not over-eat overall. I did not come away feeling over-stuffed and uncomfortable in any way. It's amazing how much more crap you can put away as compared to healthy food! :eek:

So I finished up a 3 week rotation of 4DS y'day. I was going to make it 4 weeks but I am ready for a change now. I am going to do CTX. I have a rotation written up that takes me through the end of the month and it has me starting CTX weights right away today. I was thinking though, am I better off taking the rest of this week OFF from weights and starting fresh on Sunday or Monday? I hate making decision like this so I need you girls to do it FOR me today!:p

Okay, let me get this novel posted and then I'll come back for personals..

WOW, looks like I have lots o' personals to catch up on since I only did them once yesterday! Better get started!:D

Oh before I do...one quick note...I was supposed to run in a 15k race in September that I was going to use as a "warm up" for October. Well, I was writing out the checks for that race and the 18 miler and DH was lookin' at the flyer for the 15k. It's the FIRST race of it's kind and it's in a bad area. That made DH very nervous since it's a brand NEW race so he said he would prefer me not to run it...atleast not this year. So Wendi, I know you were going to see if it was at all possible for you to get the day off for this race so I wanted to let you know it's not happening now so don't worry about it.

Judy: Hope you enjoyed golf y'day.

Shelly: I have everything crossed for your job search! I'm sure you'll find something quickly! Speaking of job searches...I need to start looking too!:eek: So didja send out the registration for the 18 miler yet? :) The yoga class was a little different from the vids I own and that's fine. Keeps it interesting. It's power yoga but just done in a different format from what I'm used to. Change is good though! :D

Christine: Too funny about your DH. I wonder what he'd do if he found he actually LOVED the wheat pasta? LOL I guess it's one of those things where you really like something until they tell you what you are eating!:p So your friend may be doing the Surf City race with you? That oughta be fun even if you can't do the full 100.

Linda: Great work out y'day! I don't know where you get your energy to lift after your runs! Perhaps it's because you do everything all at once where I will run and then have to wait a couple hours before I can lift. I can lift first and run a couple hours later with no problem though.

Karen: I need to get my DS to the dentist for his first visit soon. It will be interesting as his jaw seems to be misaligned. We noticed it when he got his first tooth in as a baby. It was one of his bottom front teeth and it appeared to be in the center of his mouth! LOL When he smiles now you can see his teeth don't line up right and his jaw is closed more on one side then the other. I've never mentioned it to the pediatrician. I kept forgetting but I will mention it to the dentist...or maybe I shouldn't! LOL

Gloria: I've had both the crab cakes and the tuna at Outback before. Very tastey indeed. Outback is one of DH's fave restaraunts. For a while there everytime we went out to dinner it was the only place he wanted to go! LOL Glad you enjoyed it.

Carole: So is winter jacket at the ready for the cool weather this morning? LOL So if it is decided that I should take the rest of this week off from weight training I will likely give IMAX3 a go today. YIKES! I'm askeered!:eek:
Wanna do it with me? :D

Cathy: I have 2 beers every time we bowl. Perhaps I need to drink something stronger? LOL So you ordered the 10 pound vest? I want one too! It's sooo tiny and uninhibiting. I got to try it on at the RT. It's amazing how much heavier then 10 pounds it seems when it's on! I am going to have to go over and check out the new toys and start making up my wish list! LOL Hope the toothache is a quick fix for ya!

Okay, I think I'm all caught up now. Time to get ready for work!

TaTa!

Hi Cheetahs:)

Today is my first spin class with proper shoes.:) I wonder if we are doing a gazillian push ups too? Sam, DS15 will not spin with me today because he has 2.5 hours of hockey practice today. On Friday we leave for our nephew's wedding in Detroit. it will be a quick trip, as our DS15 has to stay back with his team for 4 games. We are going to meet him in buffalo to catch the last game on Sunday afternoon.

Wendy- So the yoga class worked out great? nice:) Hopefully it will be at some convenient times in future. i think you might be onto something by switching up your workouts every 2-3 weeks. It satisfies the boredom and I would guess helps with muscle confusion. I haven't tried Newport yet.

Cathy- Lets hope the tooth issue is just a tiny cavity. Nice purchases! I find Imax2 & Imax3 to be so valuable! Right now they are off limits for me though.:mad::mad::mad:

Posh- All the best to your DD!!! You must be so proud of her willing to take the risk of a new school away from home! Nice going on the BC with YAWYE. :rolleyes: I am doing better over all too.

Wendi- How can you survive on 1300 cals consistently? I could do it as part of a day or two in a week, but not every day.

Shelly- it will be just as well when your contract is up at the current position. Hopefully you can find a decent place to work without the red tape. How cool you have water on your property!

Dallas- busy days! busy days! How is MIL this week? When do kids start school?

Jackie- another busy,busy Cheetah! Have you run with the neighbor yet?

Karen- So, was the popcorn fest fun or nauseating?

Hi Carole! Whats up ?

I'm back...I realized I forgot to respond to a couple of posts so here I go....

Judy: Yeah I get bored doing the same work outs easily so a 3 week rotation is plenty for me. I too hope they change the schedule in September so that the yoga class is easier for me to get to.

Wendi: I've done IMAX3 in the past. It's just that I only used it a couple of times and then it collected dust for a long time so I sold it. I didn't regret selling it for the longest time but once I got into HIIT I wanted it back. I was getting bored only having IMAX2. I sold the dvd that had the regular IMAX on it as well but don't miss that one at all. It's my least favorite. So when do you suppose she'll come out with the dreaded FOURTH Imax? :eek:

Cathy: So Imax 2 is being delivered today and you are NOT going to do it?! Oh the horror! LOL Enjoy C&W!!!

Happy Hump Day Cheetahs!

Carole – another cool day, eh? It’s getting to be that I expect them, and will be miffed when it gets hot again! It always gets hot when the kids go back to school. Great workout!

Cathy – I love eggs. I do better with some good solid protein in the morning than with carbs. Oh, my 5 yo obsession with Mr. Rogers is pretty funny. :eek: I laugh at it myself. Fortunately my taste improved a bit. Glad you enjoyed LIC! Hope your tooth is better!

Wendy – glad to hear you enjoyed yoga yesterday. Too bad you can’t take it too often. I totally hate soaked salads – I like the taste of veggies – why drown the poor things? One day off isn’t too bad. Last week, the scale did not move at all, but the day after I ate too much, I lost 2 pounds. I threw up my hands in frustration. :p Oh DH would never admit that he actually LIKES whole wheat stuff.

Shelly – thanks! I’m working my friend’s DH, too, to get him to encourage her to sign up for the century. We’ll see. :p I simply cannot imagine a tri at the Olympic level – to push that hard through 3 sports. OUCH!

Linda – Great workouts you’ve been doing, as usual! I’m in the cheering section in the Chicago marathon. I’m not a good distance runner, so I’ll watch and cheer loudly (I can do that really well!) :D

Karen – oooh, I think my DD15 would go nuts without popcorn. She loves it! Glad your baby got it. Glad you made it out of the room alive! I used to clean the house by moving clutter, too – by the time I got the end, I had to decide what to do with it. :eek: Cycling is a whole different sport than running. I’m actually much more a cyclist than a runner anyway. I’ve been riding for ages.

Jackie – HI! I’m glad you could let us know you have surfaced from report h*ll. :p

Gloria – Recipe follows. It doesn’t taste lighter – that’s what I like about it. Oooh, crab cakes – YUM! I love Ahi Tuna as well. I’m making salmon tonight.

Posh – yeah, we’re chatty, aren’t we? Oooh, the Oxbow School? How wonderful for your DD! Oh too funny – Paul Michael Glaser – my friend had the crush on him – I got the blonde – but that was a short lived crush. I remember reading an Anne Landers about a woman who wanted to tattoo Paul Michael Glaser’s name on her body – Anne advised her not too. Imagine that. :p I’ve been loving the Olympics, too!

Wendi – Wow – that’s a lot of calories in a day! Holy crap! Yeah, my DH can be a piece of work. Have a great day at work! I’m with Judy – I can’t eat 1300 calories. I need more. :p

Judy – have fun spinning – remember you twist you foot to release the cleat. It’s a little weird.

Today is Autumn Training Ride – a kind of recovery day. It should be fun, though. I didn’t sleep too well last night – no idea why not – so I’m tired. Have a great day all!

Classic Lasagna

6 servings

3/4 pound Italian Turkey Sausage
5 1/2 cups chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup Burgundy, or other dry red wine
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
1 4 ounce can tomato paste
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups nonfat ricotta cheese
vegetable cooking spray
12 lasagna noodles, cooked
1 cup provolone cheese, shredded

Cook turkey sausage in a large saucepan over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble sausage. Drain; wipe drippings from pan with a paper towel. Return sausage to skillet. Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes. Add Burgundy and next 4 ingredients; stir well. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside. Combine parsley and next 3 ingredients; stir well, and set aside. Spread 1/2 cup tomato mixture in bottom of a 13-x 9- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 noodles over tomato mixture, top noodles with 2 cups tomato mixture, half of the ricotta cheese mixture, and 1/3 cup shredded provolone cheese. Repeat the layers, beginning and ending with noodles. Spread the remaining 1 1/2 cups tomato mixture over noodles, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup provolone cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving: Calories 249 - Calories from Fat 105
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 42%, Protein 26%, Carbohydrate 31%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 12g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 43mg, Sodium 450mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 0g, Protein 16g, Vitamin A 848 units, Vitamin C 19 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 3 units

Good morning cheetahs

Posh...LOVE you review of the Olympic coverage Sat night!!! WOW! you have been a busy cheetah!! LOL about your crushes!! The cool weather has been wonderful, reminds me of fall and FOOTBALL!!! I think Christine and I will be fine in Chicago even if she does have cheese...:)...Thanks, the nutrition program is definitely helping me.

Cathy..thanks for the egg info! I knew they had been getting a bad rap...:). Way to go pushing hard through a muggy 4 miles yesterday. You did order lots of stuff!! Nah, I still wear glasses (mostly for work and when watching TV), it is just my Doc was happy the overall look of my eyeballs was so healthy! I was happy about the BP and I keep checking it to make sure it was not a fluke! Way cool you are so close to the fund raising goal...:)...Hope the dentist appt goes well. Although I love Imax2, C&W never did work for me but I like the ab section.

Wendi..WOW, you are getting in some good calorie burns during your work days! I am for sure feeling B&G today...:D

Wendy...LOL about the mini entemenn doughnuts. Luckily for me I really do not like any doughnuts. Hey, you are tough, you could start CTX today...:D..Imax 3 is a hard workout, but one Imax a week is enough for me!

Judy..sounds like a busy weekend coming up. Enjoy your spin class.

Christine...I agree and so do not want this cooling trend to end! Most of our kids stared school last monday. I will have to copy that Lasagna recipe it looks tasty!

Shelly...2 of the main trails I run are near lakes. One lake is quite a bit down though, but the one we did last sunday is much higher so easier access. The pond you describe sounds great, maybe a dip on one of the hot days...:)

Linda...I do remember going to a Dr appt once and my BP was like 130/75 (because for some reason I was scared!!). I bought one of the home BP testers that day, and when I got home it was back to normal. I check it off and on but had not in some time so I did not notice it had gotten lower. I use aa egg sub called Better N Eggs. I have si after my long runs and scramble it with some lowfat mozzarella cheese and a Morningstar sausage patty. Good job on the 6 miles and GS workout.

Karen..glad your dd got to have some popcorn after so long without...:)..I think a 3.5 GPA is awesome. I think even tough we might get bad grades in some areas, it still makes you accountable for all you eat and that will help you to lose weight. I agree that focusing on nutrition does the trick for my weight loss too. Congrats on your weight loss too.

Gloria...I was happy about the BP...thanks...:)..Sounds like a yummy dinner at Outback.

I do have some glute DOMS from B&G yesterday. Glad I got a massage yesterday afternoon and not today!! I was so HAPPY that Shawn Johnson finally got her very own Gold medal for her outstanding Beam routine..
22.gif
!!

Today is GS C&T, coremax and a 4 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning!

Cathy – I am so messed up with my training. It has been 3 weeks since I have run at least 15 miles. I had to miss 2 long runs on my vacation…we left on a Sat. …came back late the next Sat….and I was jetlagged on Sun.  August 30 is the Distance Run that I am doing for the first time this year (15 miles)…so I am planning on getting in at least 15 on Saturday. I am really nervous about this race because (1) it is my first time running it and (2) it has a couple of looong steeeep hills  . So after this weekend’s long run, I am going to do short runs a few times next week and maybe take 2 days off before the race on Saturday. For my marathon in Nov., I plan to start tapering 2 weeks before the race. IS that what you are going to do? Good luck on your long run this week? I am sooo frustrated for being off schedule for the race next weekend. Oh well….I will do what I can.

Posh – The Dove workouts are 4 workouts by an instructor named Dove Rose. I have only done one of the 4, so far. It was really good. They are lighter weight, faster rep…kind of aerobic wt. training. They are an hour long and go non-stop. My running buddy is up for every other week long runs. LOL…I remember you being stranded in the Jan. storms! Good job on your runs! I was so upset…I missed the marathon. I was able to watch most of the week, but the marathon was when we were traveling home from vacation…dagoneit! Oh dear..your DD off to college?

Wendi – Your HRM experiment is interesting! I’ll bet if I wore mine all day long without my workout…it would read 500  Cause I sit on my hiney all day long! Grrr! I hate having a desk job!

Wendy – My week off of weights did wonders for me! I felt stronger this week. Maybe you should kind take some “recovery weight days”. Either way will be good! I am doing 4DS this week, too! Actually, I do my weight workouts “before” my runs. If I did it “after” I would be feeling like a noodle ;>) But like you said, it is “all together”.

Judy – Enjoy your spin class!!! Enjoy your shoes!!! Hope it makes a difference! Sounds like you have a busy few days ahead of you!

Christine – Being in the cheering section in Chicago will be fun! Enjoy the Autumn Training Ride! Oh my! Thanks for the lasagna recipe! It looks absolutely yummy!

THis morning was a 6 mile run and the floorwork and abs from Firm Vol. 1.

A big shout "Hi" to everyone!

Linda

Carole - LOL....looks like I was typing my post at the same time you were posting :) Thanks for the info on the "eggs and sausage"! That sounds great! I will look for them. Is the Better than Eggs vegan? Or is it kind of like Egg Beaters? I know the 130/75 was higher than normal for you....but it is still pretty good (lol ..compared to what mine goes up to in the Dr's office! ) I love the DOMS that B&G's gives me! Enjoy C&T and your run and CoreMax!

Linda

Good morning Cheetahs!

Let me see if I can get a post in before boss finishes with his telecom and then he has something he wants me to help him with.

Posh - Glad you're getting some results from your boot camp workouts! Great job on the 15 miles! The Olympics have been fun to watch. Laughing at your comment about answering the phone with 911.:D Don't you just want to pull it out of the socket sometimes? Hope you got plenty of rest.

Wendi - You'll get that workout in! Looks like you're burning plenty of calories at work! You could always experiment with upping the cals for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

Cathy - Hope you get a clean bill of health from the dentist. I go tomorrow to get my cleaning. Have fun with C&W.

Wendy - Sounds like a yummy dinner last night! Sorry the nutrition program didn't like it. Nice of DH to be concerned about the 15K. Next year will probably be more well known and you'll be there.

Judy - Have fun with spinning today. Have not run with the neighbor yet. We both agreed that weekends would be the only days possible for either of us. Didn't see him out this past weekend and I'll be out of town this weekend. I'm sure I'll run into him again.

Christine - Sorry you didn't sleep well last night. Maybe the workout will perk you up. Thanks for sharing that recipe.

Carole - I heard that Shawn Johnson won the gold last night. I have it taped and will watch it when I get home today. Happy for her. Enjoy GS C&T and your run.

I did Muscle Max this morning. Went heavier than Cathe. Still felt like I could have gone heavier with the legs. Really need to look into that weight vest.

Telecom is over. Gotta run! Happy Hump Day!

Good Morning Girls. Today was a fan freakin tastic run. I love days when it all comes together. I did a 6 mile tempo run and it felt great. Last week I had trouble pushing out three miles. I hate it when all I do is watch the treadmill counter until my time is up and I can get off. Today it flew by and before I knew it 6 fast miles were up. I know what it had to do with last week. I was getting ready to get my period and I felt like sh*t all week. I was more tired and sluggish and miserale. Even the 5k I felt hot and tired but still did it. This week I have my period and I can run like I know I can. I hate hormones. Did you all HEAR ME " I'll say it for eveyone" I HATE HORMONES. However, mine are normal again this week so I'm a happy camper.:):):):)

Posh- I'm so excited for your daughter going off to school. What a great opportunity for her. I know you will miss her. My sister dd leaves for school Aug 30th. This is her first year and she is so excited and nervous.

Wendy- Barnwork. Even the word should brun me off some calories. I can imagine how much lifting and bending you do out there. That is a workout always. Thanks for the 5k congrats.

Cathy- Now Now. If you would have drove somewhere between 100-500 miles yesterday I could have taken you to the dentist. I suppose your 10 min drive will do but still it would have been nice to have the company :) Hope it goes well for you.

Wendy- My coffee lovin enteamans lovin cheetah. A girl after my own doughnut. I'm glad dh said no on the 15k. You never can be to safe. Sometimes it just isn't worth it. At first when I read it I thought your were going to say he wanted to do it to. :eek:

Judy- Hockey season already. I saw tiny little football boys the other day in the heat practicing. They couldn't be no more than 5. I guess summer is officialy almost over.

Christine- Thanks for the recipe. I go grocery shopping tomorrow so I'm going to get all the stuff I need and then cook and freeze it for myself and the family. Or ME :) Have a nice ride today. Autumn Ride sounds so nice and breezy. I hope it is.

Carole- Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss. I think now that I have my period I will see a downward swing for the next week before leveling out again. Last week when I was moody my weight stayed the same for 7 days. This week already I'm down a pound. Hormones I tell you. I love the little weight graph.

Linda- I was reading last night that most schedules for running take you to 18-20 miles before a taper. I have never ran a marathon so I don't know but if that is true your doing well even if you think your not. Hang in there. You can do it.

Jackie- Good job on MM. I hope work goes well today.

Jackie - Hope you have a good day at work! I am at work, too :( Good job with MM! Wow! Great job on going heavier than Cathe! I would like to get a weighted vest for the legwork so that I can go heavier than I what I do! I can't do anything over 40 lbs for lower body...but I think the vest would really help!

Karen - That is what I have read, too. My friend was to go at least the distance beforehand, though. I am not quite sure if I want to....we will see. We ran 19 miles a month ago. Then I had an 18 miler....then a 10...but then it has been 3 weeks since a long one. I think I will be okay missing the weeks for the marathon.....not so sure about the one next week, though :eek: "I'm askeered!" I am definitely with you on hating the hormones! I am glad you had such a good run! It feels soooo good when it all just clicks and goes off without a hitch!

Wendy :: I normally do not care for donuts, but the chocolate Entemann's are an EXCEPTION. Yum! If you're gonna cheat, you might as well go big! :) ...Don't know if you recall the conversation @ the diner, but I purchased that DVD specifically for C&W, so I'm more anxious to try that one first. I thought I might try a portion of Imax afterward, BUT it turns out, I had my order #s mixed up, and it was the weighted vest that was delivered today...re: your rotation, personally, I like starting rotations on Sunday or Monday rather than mid-week, but maybe that's my slightly anal side emerging.

Judy :: enjoy the spin class...hope the shoes are good to you.

Christine :: isn't that bizarre how weight loss works? I was a little frustrated with things being stalled on the scale, but since I am beginning to see and feel a difference now, incl. in the way some of my clothes are fitting, I'm satisfied that I am on the right track. I'll keep my expectations tempered during marathon training. Enjoy the Autumn Ride. Something recovery-ish sounds about right for a sleep-deprived cheetah. Mmmm, that lasagna recipe looks goOoOod.

Carole :: I guess it would be hard not to have DOMS after such a beastly workout yesterday...rock on!...So, tell me your thoughts about C&W...

Linda :: Perhaps treat the race as another training run, and that'll lift the pressure off? I am doing a 4-week taper, so my last long run will be on 9.15. I don't know if modern wisdom dictates something else, but I remember always reading about that as being the conventional approach. Looks like Galloway sets up a 3-week taper, though.

Jackie :: the phone is probably the #1 thing I don't miss about working in an office. Even after I moved on, old habits had me jumpin' like one of Pavlov's dogs to try to get it before the third ring. *lol* Wow on going heavy with MM this morning.

Karen :: ^^^ 5's on the fab run! Oh, I just love those days when it gels like that. Hear you loud & clear on the hormones, and I'll give up a hearty "A-men!" to that.

Well, my tooth is cracked, and I have an abscess, so it's a week of penicillin for me and then root canal next Thursday. Oh joy. My third. I should get a frequent flyer card or something. So as I'm waiting in Target for the scrip to be ready, what do I buy--Snyder's honey mustard and onion pretzel nibblers. Maybe not the wisest of choices under the circumstances but nonetheless dee-licious! :) What can I say, I had a salt attack.

Anywho, as mentioned somewhere up above, I mixed up the Cathe order #s -- Imax 2/CW is NOT being delivered today (it's probably still on back order), so I will opt for some other circuit later this afternoon.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Hello!

Posh: Sounds like you are doing well. Thanks about the avatar. I take my crab cakes with an ice cold beer. :)

Wendi: No biggie with the peanut allergies. Last year I had a student who had no use of his hands, so that was a bigger deal. You are burnin some major calories at work! I love the crab cakes! :)

Cathy: I forgot to answer your question about teachers packing heat in Texas. I think it is ridiculous. I do not work there though so I don't know how bad it is. I have had a real lockdown once my first year of teaching. Enjoy your circuit today! Sorry about the dang root canal. That stinks.

Wendy: My DH went to Outback with the partners for a meeting and he loved the Ahi so he wanted to go back. Too bad about the 15K. DH and I used to go out to dinner once a week. There is just nowhere good to go in our town. We have to travel to eat a decent meal. Hope you have a good day at work. :)

Christine: Thank you so much for that recipe. I MUST make this! Enjoy the ride today!

Carole: I was happy about the Gold medal too. B&G is a killer for me. Probably should pull it out soon. I don't really love CW either.

Jackie: I am for sure getting the weighted vest. Nice going heavy with the weights!

Today will be a run, house work, school stuff, etc. Enjoy your Wednesday everyone. Hi to Linda, Karen, Judy, etc.

Hi All – I’m back!

Carole – YAY!!! I was so happy for Shawn Johnson – she soo deserved it! A massage sounds heavenly! I like the sauce mixture of that lasagna recipe. It’s very good. I often use fresh tomatoes instead of canned.

Linda – your plans for your runs sound great. I’m sure you’ll do well on the 15 miler coming up. I sit on my hiney all day long too. That’s one of the reasons I’m thinking of making the commute permanent for the most part – it’ll at least get my HR up for 10/15 minutes.

Jackie – I like Muscle Max – good job! I’m actually okay today – I was just a little tired this morning.

Karen – Oooh, I love those runs, too! I’m glad you enjoyed it! Autumn Ride is more steady state, but I can get a decent workout with it. But, I decided to ride outside instead today. :p

Cathy – Yeah, I think keeping expectations tempered during marathon training is smart, but I also understand wanting to see results! I’m glad you are seeing a difference, though. I swear our bodies have minds of their own, so to speak. :p The recipe IS good. Oh my! That sucks about your tooth!

Gloria – Hope you enjoy the lasagna! My 2 mile ride was nice. :p Have fun running and running errands!

Well, I skipped the workout today. Wasn’t feeling it and was a bit sore, so I didn’t want to push it. Instead I did my inaugural bike commute to work. A whopping 2 miles – but hey – it was really easy! Of course, California in the summer NEVER rains, so what happens this morning? It drizzles. More like riding through a fine mist – but my sun glasses were a mess half way through. I’m going to ride home over lunch, and back – I’ll get 8 miles in that way. :p Figure it’s better than nothing, and it’s better for the environment.

Just finally sitting down to take a breather. What started off as a great day has really taken a turn. My dd's decided to play american girl dolls. My one dd is a sewer and has been taking sewing for two years. Well, they decided to make Halloween costumes for their dolls. Low and behold my 9yo dd starts to thread the needle and my 11 yo trips on the pedal and sews her sisters finger. Oh my lord. I cannot tell you the screams that came from that room. My 6yo bolted out the room and the 11 you was so hysterical I couldn't get anything from her. Then I saw dd hand in the sewing machine. She is ok but it is quite a puncture wound. She was so hysterical she couldn't even speak. After iciing it and peroxide it's going to be ok but is sure is sore. That was like a two hour ordeal to calm everyone down. Now I'm fixing dinner and hoping ( finers crossed) the kitchen doesn't catch fire. :rolleyes:

Christine: Cool riding to work today. I will for sure try that tasty looking recipe. Hopefully I can find the turkey sausage. It was hard when I first moved up here from my college town/first teaching job. There I could get ANYTHING, now, not so much. It is annoying. DH and I are thinking of moving in the future. Hope you are having a nice day!

Karen: OUCH! I would have been hysterical if that happened to me too! I was thinking of taking up sewing. Hmmm??? I am a bit on the clumsy side so maybe that is not such a good idea. Glad you got everyone calmed down. Hopefully it is the only drama for the day! Enjoy dinner.

Cathy: The girl I am tutoring is turning 11 next Friday and I want to get her a present since we have become pretty close and we will even be working together during the school year next year. Apparently she is enjoying our time together since she asked her mom to ask me if I would still tutor her when she is at the middle school. She has talked about wanting a new camera and I was thinking of getting her a gift card for a local store to go towards that or whatever else she wants. Of course I thought about books, etc. but she is really picky when it comes to that. Do you have any ideas? Thanks!

5 mile run in the bag. Cleaning the bathroom, which really needed it. Back to work for me. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.