*~*Hump Day Weds*~* BFL

Fitness-Mom

Cathlete
Good Morning, Ladies ~ :)

Calling for snow today! Gayle, Is it snowing up towards you yet?

Happy Hump Day :) Still congested, can't understand why I can't shake this cold. I think I am feeling fine when I wake up, and then I get out of bed and do my normal routine and I feel the congestion again :( I think I really need to hit that Vick's tonight!

Ok, today is LBWO. Need your help. I planned on doing PLB, but then thought about it, and how about L&G? I LOVE this DVD, it is so much fun, the time always flies by. The only I am nearing towards L&G is b/c PLB tends to move so fast...I always feel sometimes my form can be off b/c it moves so fast...L&G moves fast, but in a different way, does this make any sense? What do you guys think, pick for me please! My other fave is GS Legs :)

Meeting scheduled for 9 a.m. Year end is coming, so we need to hustle butt here in the credit dept! :)
Any big plans for today?

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Good Morning Ladies,

Hi Jennifer: Glad you started in early this morning!:) I woke with a headache so started off with an iTread run to get rid of it. Feel much better now.
Sorry to hear about your cold. ;( Hope it goes away soon for you.
As for choosing a lower body workout...I used the S&H, GS and PLB workouts for the most part. They are all great and work your muscles differently.

I plan on doing my upper body workout when my DS goes off to school...which reminds me..he needs to get moving.

Today's upper body workout:
GS Bi-Tri, Back-Chest
Abs from MM and stretch

I should be pretty wiped out after all this!}( I have house cleaning to do and some prep for painting again.

I hope everyone has a great day and eat clean.;-) BBL Heidi

Good Morning, Heidi~

Sounds like you have a great workout planned for today! GS Series fries me all the time. This is the last week of S&H Rotation, maybe I will do a 4-week rotation using Gym Styles next! I am going to start 4DS beginning of Jan. I was previewing the workouts again last night, BootCamp looks like some much fun in this series :) :)

Maybe I will pull out S&H Legs tonight. I did this one last week and it did nothing at all for me, maybe I didn't use heavier enough weights. I guess we'll see, whatever strikes me when I get home.

Enjoy your cleaning and painting today:) I have been meaning to paint my upstairs for a while now. Never happened, my DD's room has wallpaper, 1/2 of it is ripped down, it's such a pain to rip off. It's bamboo wallpaper, who in the world puts that on their walls? Any easy way to tear off wallpaper that been there for years and years?

~Jennifer~

You know you can't win...
I heard once you start exercising again, you lower your immune system before it gets higher.. Is there any truth to this?
Heck, I eat clean, exercise and still get sick, I eat like crap, and never get sick...what is it, do I need to go grab a donut? LOL :) :9

~Jennifer~

Hey guys. Just a quickie post as I sit here, downing my Southwestern Chicken Soup. YUM Headed out the door in 10 minutes to walk to work/school.

Jennifer-I actually vote for S&H also. BUT.........I am planning on throwing in L&G next week for a second leg workout (next week, week 11, is one of the weeks where you only do LB once that week). I LOVE L&G!!!

Heidi-what are you painting? Did I miss you saying it already? Last night, BF and I taped off and prepped my dining room. I just need to tape off around the ceiling and I'm ready to paint it this weekend! WOOHOO!

OK...workout this morning was PUB, and I increased my weights just slightly.

I'm walking to work (all bundled up). We're forecasted for snow showers, but nothing to accumulate in our area. SHUCKS! LOL

Gayle

Good morning! I did about 20 minutes of Step Blast before my back was achy and tired. I'm really ready to be done with the back stuff!! We had agility later and it got sore standing in the cold waiting for our turn. BUT it is on the mend at least. I'm a wee bit chicken to start Interval cardio so I guess for this week, I'll keep it light and be patient.

Jenn: I use the Pyramids of S/H if I’m not doing the book workouts.

Heidi: Headaches are no fun; glad it went away!!

Gayle: Eek, I’m ‘allergic’ to snow. We had agility class last night and I think it was a whole 50 degrees out and I had on thermals under my jeans, thermal top, turtleneck, 2 sweatshirts and a hat!

Colleen

Hi and good morning to you Gayle and Colleen,:)

Just finished painting the bathroom. Ok...next project! Just checking the diningroom I have primer to put on then real paint! I guess this and the livingroom/den is next for that. This whole area is sort of open to eachother and I am having a heck of a time trying to decide on what color to paint all of it.

Gayle: It is freezing here but sunny. That makes it seem warmer but really it isn't. No snow forcasted for today.

Colleen: Try,Try again. Little boughts of exercise is better than an all out attack on your back. Hope it gets better soon. :)

Time to get DS from 1/2 day of school.

Catch up with you all later. Oh...I still have my upper to do.

Good morning Jennifer, Heidi, Gayle and Colleen!!

First, I'm glad that so many of you will be doing 4DS soon -- can't wait for the UPS guy to drop mine off! :)

I did get up early this morning -- however, I somehow tweaked my back yesterday and it is pretty sore. So, I just did Stretch Max I and II this morning. (Maybe Butts&Gutts at 4:30 yesterday wasn't so smart! ha ha.)

I looked at the BFL tracker and found a couple of you -- way to go -- I'm really impressed with you gals!!

My "taco-pasta salad" from EFL was awesome last night -- I even have enough left over for lunch today. I used lean ground turkey instead of the beef -- and my kids and DH couldn't tell the difference. My only problem with these recipes is that they are TOO GOOD and I want seconds!! :)

Have a great hump day everyone!!
Michelle

Hey guys!

Michelle-I have to try that EFL recipe. Sounds delish! Hope the stretching worked out the kinks!!! As for the BFL tracker...I LOVE checking out others' profiles and progress! It's really inspiring!

Heidi-As for painting, my dining room is the last big room left in my house. After that, it's just the 3 bathrooms and the small laundry room. YEAH! lol

Colleen-sorry about your back too! But I LOVE THAT PUP! lol

Gayle

Hi Ladies~ :)

Just popping in to say Hello!

Snow is coming down pretty good here, but unfortunately they are only calling for 1 inch...hopefully we will get more.

Heidi~ What color are you thinking of painting the dining room? I have been wanting to paint my bathroom for months now. My BF renovated it w/ stone tile on the floor and 1/2 up the walls...looks great, except for the paint job...LOL I'm just not very good when it comes to that sort of stuff, no patience at all! I even bought a sample color to test out, and haven't even opened the can ...LOL

I am nearing towards S&H tonight, thanks ladies! :) What weight do you use? I think Cathe uses a 50 pd barbell for squats and then drops to 40 for the static lunges...? I need to really up my weight this time around. I think last time I only used a 35 pd barbell and didn't feel a thing....I guess I am a little worried b/c of my right knee, but since taking the Osteo Bi-Flex, I haven't had any problems. Taking the chance tonight. My main problem is, I seem to have a hard time focusing on putting my weight in my heel...any pointers? Do you lean more foward into it?

Colleen~ I hope you back feels better! Just do a little here and there, hopefully over time you will be back to your old self again. :)

~Jennifer~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.