*~*~Weekend Challengers~*~*3/6

punka274

Cathlete
Morning girls!

I found the race i want to run in...its close by,and it on may 3rd,enough time for me to train for it..and more importantly,its for a good cause. This run serves to educate the community about Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Children and how Automated External Defibrillators(AED) can keep our children saft at play.

Its dedicated to Seven year old Nader Parman,he lost his life when a baseball hit him in the chest between heartbeats,triggering a rare condition,Commotio Cordis,that leads to Cardiac Arrest. If a AED had been available,his life could have been saved:(

BBL, i plan on doing a run circuit using C&W,my favorite....

Good Morning,

I did get to use the TM for 40min last nite and the kids are going to SILs parents house for the weekend so I can get caught up on exercising. Tonite is S&H tris and bis. I am getting off work early today so I can work a few hours in peace and quite tomarrow so I want to try and either go for a walk or make up S&H back and chest.

Amelia-sounds like just the right race. Its sad when kids die so young.

Everyone have a good day.

Hi everyone.

Amelia, what a great cause for the race. sounds like a good one to participate in. I'm still too chicken to run in a race.

Roxie, good luck getting caught back up with the S & H workouts.

Elaine, no I don't have any near plans of going to Cathe's. I will probably just have to wait for the Road Trip.

Hi to Andrea, Andrea, and Becca.

This morning was disc 13. Meso cycle 2 is such a different style than Meso cycle 1. You do all the exercises for one body part before moving on. Boy were my muscle fried at the end of each body part.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Jean

Hi Girls,

Amelia: That sounds like a good race. How many miles is it? We just recently had an adult be saved by an AED on the subway in Boston. They have them in the high school where my sister lives. I think they are a great idea.

Roxie: Have fun catching up!

Jean: I think I will like Meso 2 better than 1. I am not much of an endurance person.From what you said and what I 've read, Meso 2 reminds of the gym style WOs . I used those to death when I first got them.

This morning I did Disc 9 legs. OUCH!! The wide stance deadlifts and the side plate lunges really get my inner thigh. That is a good thing. I carrier a lot of weight in my thigh area.

Gotta go and do the grocery shopping. I may stop at Olympia sports and see if they have Cathe's resistance bands. My green one(from the gym styles) broke in two places the other day.

Finished my workout earlier today...did a run circuit and a dog walk and burned a total of 532 cals. Ive been sweating so much lately...guess its all the water im drinking? My workout top is just drenched:eek:

Roxie-Great job with your workout yesterday..enjoy your workout tonight!

Jean-Why are you to chicken to run in a race? Im kinda intimidated by the other runners..but im just gonna run at my own pace and have fun! the t-shirt they give you is so cute...its a picture the little boy drew when he was four of his family.Good Job frying your muscles;)

Elaine-I just purchased some bands through whole fitness website...i can't find cath'es anywhere:(. I had to buy another green one and i went ahead and purchased a purple one too. Great workout girl!!! High fives!

Hi everyone. No WO for me today - fried from the KB session last night. We did a LOT of plyo work. I acutally did 24 start jacks (sets of 8 w/ regular jacks (24ish) in between). Then we did repeaters on the step w/ several variations for 10min straight. My bootie was SCREAMING! :eek::eek::eek:

The instructor has a "Biggest Winner" competition starting this WE. I think I might join. You can sign up for 4-12 class sessions w/ progress monitoring or for the competition alone. You can also include other classes & WO as a part of your program. I'm thinking about signing up for 4 sessions just to get the push from him - know what I mean?

Jean, I think you SHOULD sign up for a race. I've done a few 5K and I come in way back in the pack but so what??? I just like the fact that I can actually DO it!

Roxie, hope you get in some good WO this weekend.

Elaine, hope your legs are OK ;)

Hi Andrea, Becca and anyone else who stops in.

Need to scoot. Want to finish up a few more things before I call it quits for the week! TTYL this WE!

Hi girls!

Its the long labour day weekend here, and I worked last night and it was utter madness!! I'm glad I didn't have to work late into the wee early hours, "they" would've been totally drunk and crazy by then! Last night is a sign of things to come over the three days!! Glad I've got the rest of the weekend off!!

Workout yesturday - CharLeans push circuit 3. That was my last push weight workout. I start next week on the Lean Phase. I like the sound of THAT! - Lean. Cardio will be on today. Lots of jiggle and jaggly stuff!

Roxie - Hows the knee?
Amelia - Good for you!! Thats a great cause. Over here all our shopping centres have one of those things.
Elaine - I agree, I don't think those male persons who hang around with A list celebs while the female celeb is practically naked are not human!
Jean, Becca, and Andrea hi lovlies, I'd best go and cook my childs some breakfast.

Hey girls..quick check in here,im getting ready for work. Today is a rest day since i haven't had one this week so far. My kids are going over to my moms this evening to spend the night, awwwww relief at last;) My niece will be over there too...can't wait to get my kisses! Have a great day! I will try and check in later!

Good Morning,

Peace and quiet is heaven. Youngest DD moved out yesterday and the other two went to SILS parents house in Wichita so there are no dogs and no people. Today sometime is SB. I am going in to work for just a little bit to get some things done since the store is closed today.

Amelia-enjoy your quiet.

Everyone have a good day. Forgot to mention I have my workout room back YEA!

Hi everyone.

Andrea, enjoy you labor day weekend. glad you don't have to work it with all the craziness out there.

Amelia, enjoy your night alone. Do you and DH have something plan or jsut relaxing? As for why I'm chicken, Hmmm. Don't really know. Just the thought of all those people, wondering how I would do (not against them, just against my own progress) and I don't know what else. maybe someday.

Roxie, peace and quiet for you too. Enjoy.

Elaine, meso cycle 2 is almost easier than 1 in a way. In 1 you are constantly switching around and grabbing the next weights. With 2 you are using the same weights through all 3 or 4 sets then you on. the rest period is longer between sets which I'm not used to, but I'm sure my body liked them. Now as for the weight itself, that's not easier. 70% at 1RM for 3 -4 sets really gets in there.

Andrea, thanks for the encouragement on doing a race. Maybe someday. I was actually thought about signing up for the Cow Town (here is Fort Worth) which was last weekend and am so glad I didn't. It was in the low thirties and I would have froze.

Becca, how have you been? I can't remember are you doing STS too?

gotta get moving. Don't forget to change your clocks. I hate Day Light Savings when we have to turn forward.

Jean

edit to add my workout:
45 minutes jogging and walking with the dogs. I had to walk almost half of it becaue I started out too fast, but still burned 400+ calories.

Last edited:
Hey Hey Hey! Its ID (idream) whats shakin in house?

Thats Hip Hop abs language. It mean Hi, its me, how are you all? LOL

Its 4.20 AM and the pain in my body woke me. I felt like me bones were all stuck together. Maybe I've been jiggling a bit too much.

Jean, Amelia and Becca Go in those runs. Its not where you come, its the sense of personal accomplishment that matters! I've played around years ago and I never embaressed myself and only the really "competetive" folk look at others in the run as a "threat" and they are so busy hopping up and down on the spot, checking their watches, jostling to get a good position at the start. They are ridiculous, Its supposed to be a FUN RUN! And they are good fun. Go for it gals, Run for TEAM CHALLENGER!!!

Hi girls! The hip hop reference in yesturdays post (which no ones read!!! where are you all??) so anyway, it referred to my hip hoppy workout.

Todays workout was and Andrea special interval training. Running and plyo stuff. About 50 mins and I was stuffed at the end of it! :eek: Very red and sweaty.

Amelia - I'm a sweater. It drips off me! I used to be really embaressed by it but theres nothing I can do about it, so Im ok with it. AND I almost go purple in the face when I workout too! I hate that! But again, I can't help it.

hows everyones weekend going?

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did SB combos 1,2,3 and add on burned 393 cals. Today is a rest day, DH and I have to go to sister in laws house for nephews b-day. I have one more day of peace and quiet before DD and her DH come back. I have decided I need to workout in the am or I don't get my workouts done.

Andrea-what workout did you do that would turn you into a hip hop queen? Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Are you seeing any results with Chalene?

Everyone have a good day.

Hey girls...im doing a run today,I haven't decided if im doing it on the TM or around the neighborhood. bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.