*^^~MELTING on Hump Day!~^^*

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning Melters!

Just got finished with 4DS Bootcamp/bis and tris. Yowza! Now I can put on comfy clothes tonight! Well, after I do core work.

I was in a foul mood last night. Came home, walked the dogs, fed the dogs, did a nice 5 mile run through the woods then up the stairs of death. When I got home I showered, put my jammies on and sat in bed and fumed. Not sure why. Just lots of stuff on my mind, I guess. I'll shut up now.

Hello Shelley and Melters.

Hope you have a better day today. Sometimes, I go through it too. It's pretty normal.

Last night, I did LIC and I finally slept great too afterwards.
Tonight, I'm looking forward to BM2.

Yeah, it's Wednesday finally.
Hope you all have a Great Day!!

Hi everyone. I woke up fairly perky today (for me) but now I'm feeling rundown and tired again. I think it could be a prescription I take.

No big plans today, except some dude is coming by to give us an estimate on replacing some windows.

I'm still in glasses and pajamas so I have to get up and get dressed when I'm done here.

Yesterday I managed the cardio from 4DS LIS on a 4" step. That may not sound like much, but I haven't done much cardio (except walking) since hurting my second ankle. I felt o.k. with just a twinge here and there. I had thought I'd do more after that but decided not to push it too soon. I forgot to mention the killer DOMS I had after doing BM2 upper body on Monday. I'm still a little sore today. I didn't even do the double premix, just the regular upper body work. I'm such a wimp. Still, it was good to have some decent DOMS.

Today will be lower body, I'm thinking the floorwork and abs premix from B&G. It seems like floorwork is less stressful on my knees and ankles. Or I might do the lower body from Squeeze.

Shelley, good job getting that early workout in. Sorry you had the foul mood. I hope today turns out much better!

Jennifer, enjoy BM2 tonight! I'm tired just thinking about that one!

Where is everybody this morning?

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Good morning, Melters!

Shelley - cheer up, girl. We're halfway through the week. That's got to count for something.... doesn't it? After climbing those stairs of death, I would have been too wiped out to be in any kind of mood! :p Great job!

Jennifer - I'm glad you got some rest last night. Enjoy BM2!

Lanie - You're not a wimp! You're a smart lady for taking it easy after you've been out of commission for while. It might take some time, but you'll get back to where you were and be stronger mentally for it, too!

My truck is happy now that I finally got the oil changed. Maybe it won't konk out on me! :) I also bought some new shoes because my old ones that I wear every day had cracks in the soles. Oh yeah, I run my shoes into the ground.

I'm supposed to do cardio tonight, but I'm debating taking another day off. See, I was going to take Thursday and visit the Flower Depot, but there's a 70% chance of rain then. So I was thinking about doing it today. But then I realized that on Friday I have to attend a writing seminar which will probably last later than my usual work hours, which probably means a THIRD day off. No, no, we can't have that. I don't know what I'm going to do!

Good Morning!

Shelley, thanks again for starting us off. Whatcha mad about? I rarely get mad, but boy when I do? I literally shake and have to leave, be by myself...otherwise I don't know what I would do. I think I got alot of my anger out in my early teens...boy was I an angry child used to smash my fist into walls and stuff.:eek: You should be proud you conquered the "stairs of death".}( And tonight is comfy clothes!;)

Jennifer, see? You are doing BM2 again!:eek: Wow, have fun.:7

Shannon, your soles are cracking? Good lord woman, let me send you some shoes!;) Are you the type that cannot be bothered to shop? Than I shall do it for you. I am the "shoe queen"....well along with Lainie! And do your cardio today, otherwise Friday will come and you will beat yourself up for not doing it right?

Hi to Leanne-we missed you yesterday, Robin, Lainie.....

Today is the root canal at 2pm. Yippee, skippee.:-( I am kinda figuring I will not be in the mood to workout later on today or tomorrow, so will do a longer cardio session this morning. I have been enjoying the cardio only thing this week.
I also have set some cleaning goals...I know we talked about it on the OD, but I seriously need to weed out all of my closets, dust, all of that...ugh. Once I get started I am fine, but its getting that motivation going that is tough!BBL to see whatcha all are up to...

Tneah - you have a heart of gold! And I do believe you would send me shoes - LOL! My feet are very contrary, and I'm pretty limited to the types of shoes I can wear. I totally ignore fashion and go strictly for comfort. So when I find a pair that works, I keep them until they fall apart - literally. The shoes I got yesterday are exactly like the last ones I had - same brand, same style. My feet are happy.

Ack. Good luck with the root canal. What a foul thing to have to do. I'm glad you're having fun with all that cardio!

:) Why thank you Shannon! But c'mon, every girl deserves one pair of "fairy princess" shoes, even if they just sit in her closet and look pretty!:) Oh, and every girl should have a pair of "stripper shoes" too...you all have seen my own pair of "pole shoes!";) to be worn and used at your own discretion. Have any of you noticed your feet are "grosser" since you started working out? I swear over the years, and I am a pedi fanatic, my feet just keep getting uglier and uglier. I get calluses on the sides of my big toes now! Sick.And I have a wide upper foot and a narrow heel, so my feet resemble a ducks!

Lainie, we were posting at the same time...oh, wait, no we weren't! I'm sorry, I read your post and was thinking about doing the "Squeeze" workout myself this morning. But I think the cardio only thing I am doing will win out, I just do not feel like "squeezing" or lifting anything this week. And I think a 4 inch step is just right, I never venture over that step height, I do not trust myself not to injure myself....I am a very uncoordinated stepper.:7

Well the protein shake is digesting, so I guess its time to hit the cardio...what do I feel like? Maybe Big Gear Strength from the Spinervals, its a hard workout done in high gears so you really get a leg workout too...good for the glutes...my lower back is really talkin to me lately, its kinda worrisome, it hurts all the time, especially in the morning, and when I get up from a seated posistion..sheesh, I sound like an old lady. I think it might be from my feeble attempt at running yesterday...too much impact for this old spinal column I guess.

Hey all!

Sounds like it was a busy day yesterday! I'm moving in slow motion this morning since I'm once again coffee-less. We replaced our Saeco Coffee Monster (we had one of those machines that grinds the beans and does all the fancy stuff -- yes, we're serious about that coffee! ;-) ) that died with a new Saeco machine on Sunday, but it was making crummy coffee and the bean sensor wasn't working. So we returned it last night and ended up ordering a different brand, but it won't be here until tomorrow. The cup of tea I'm having just isn't cutting it! Ah, well!

Today's my last day of doing the GS rotation, and I'll be doing GS Back/Sh/Bis. I'm going to take that rest week starting on Friday, and will just play it by ear -- no schedule at all! After that, I might do a week of circuits since I love them and haven't done any for ages.

I gotta get going on more grading -- it feels like it never ends! I also have to go into work all day on Friday. I have two meetings, and then the interview for the teaching award. It'll be a long day!

Shelley -- Sorry that last night was so crummy. Was anything in particular bugging you? Hooray for comfy clothes this evening! That would be fun to plan a trip to Vegas. Like Tneah said, I'm sure Sophie would have lots to do.

Lainie -- Did you get all that stuff done yesterday? Glad that today will be a less hectic day for you. How great that you used the 4" step yesterday! Looks like Tracey's new DVD's are finally shipping. I'm excited to get them!

Jennifer -- Glad you had a good night's sleep! Isn't LIC fun?!

Robin -- How are you feeling today? Is that viral infection gone? Do you think that it was related to the shingles? Hope that today isn't too crazy for you!

Tneah -- How great about the final chapter being finished. I hope that those dang editors don't mess with it too much. Hopefully the root canal won't be too awful today! Will DH be back in time to take you so that you don't have to drive yourself? Hang in there, chica, and just plan on coming home and sleeping! Edited to say: Sweetie, you need to go get that back checked out! It doesn't sound good at all that it's still bothering you! My feet also get so gross, esp. when I've been working out a lot. We all need to got get pedicures!

Shannon -- Don't stress taking some extra days off if you're feeling like you need them! Listen to your body and don't overdo it!:) Edited: Yes, get some fun shoes! Sounds like you need to treat yourself to some new pairs!

Emily -- "Hi" in case you check in!

All right ladies, I'll just get it out in the open, so y'all won't drag me shoe shopping or anything. :p

I HATE SHOES. My feet hate shoes. The thought of "fairy princess" shoes make my toes cringe in pain. Flat, wide toes, no heels, very basic. That's what I get. Sorry gals. The fashion police would lock me up for life if they ever caught me.

And Tneah - the way you describe your feet - well, that sounds like the way mine have looked my entire life. :7

Now then, is it time to go home, so I can kick off these shoes and walk around the house barefoot?

Hi everyone. We liked the guy who gave us an estimate on our windows and siding--might go with him but need to research a little more first.

Anyway, I waited until he was gone to do my workout, and I just finished. I wimped out on B&G and did the lower body workout from Slim, Strong, and Sexy Body Sculpt with Michelle Dozois (think I got all those S-words right). I like that workout pretty well, for it not being Cathe. It was more than just floorwork, but not with heavy weight. My knees did pain me a bit when squatting. So I wimped out on B&G but at least I didn't wimp out entirely.

Brian is home again today but doing work. The kids are driving me nuts, partly because I have to keep them quiet when DH is on the phone. Argh.

Tomorrow the boys and I are going to CT to see a friend, so that should help with the stir-craziness.

Shannon, you sound like my DH with shoes. He owns 3 or 4 pairs, would probably own fewer if he didn't need boots in the winter. He usually runs them right into the ground until he's got holes right through the soles before replacing them. I on the other hand like a big variety (but it's been hard with the ankle troubles to wear anything with a heel).

Tneah, good luck with the root canal. I've never had one of those, but it doesn't sound pleasant. I am going in next Wednesday for a filling. I've needed it for a while but it takes a long time to find a time that works for me and when they have an opening. As for the step height, I used to be happy to do 6 or 8" but after the first ankle injury it's mostly been 4" or even flat (using the MatStep). I miss cranking it up higher just for the calories burned, but I am less likely to hurt myself again, at least.

Leanne, yeah, I think I got most of my stuff done yesterday, except for the new Spider-Man yoga poses--still need to work on those. :) Of course most of yesterday's list has to be done all over today (like entertain and feed the boys).

OK, speaking of boys, there's currently some trauma over a toy dispute.

BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

I am all nervous and stuff waiting for my dental appointment...just finished my workout...must be the Gemini is me, because even though I made a sweeping statement about not wanting to lift, I did Cardio and Weights, plus the floorwork from GS Legs.:) But CW isn't really like lifting weights, at least not like I am used to, so it was a nice little different workout...plus I do not think I will be working out for the next few days...plus I get paranoid about my arse falling on the floor, thus the floorwork from GSL!:7

Leanne, I simply cannot believe you do not have coffee!:eek: We have one of those "fancy" machines too, I love it. I never make lattes with it, cause I am not a milk fan, but the coffee is sooo good. Hope you get your machine working ASAP. And you will love taking a break...

Shannon, okay...I get it, I hate shoes that hurt my feet too, which is why I equip all my heels with all sorts of inserts and stuff.Hey, have you tried Earth shoes? I have a pair of sneakers that are really cute.

Lainie, my DH is the exact same way about shoes. Even worse though. He wears one brand, New Balance in white. And owns probably 30 pairs of the same sneaker...."in case they stop making them". Whatta dork. And I do no think you "wimped out" with B&G, you really need to be in a good space to attempt that hard arse workout!}(

Ok, I am avoiding my day, need to get it going...

Hey chicas!

I was super-busy this morning! Yikes!

Jennifer - are you doing weights every day? I can't imagine!!!

Lainie - way to go on your workout! B&G has a huge dread factor for me. I hardly ever do the whole thing, only premixes. Do you like Squeeze. Someone sent me a copy recently and I admit I haven't even had a chance to preview it. I need to get someone in to look at some of my windows too.

Shannon - new shoes and a happy truck! Sounds like a great day. Enjoy that cardio.

Tneah - I love shoes too. Well, I don't like shoes that hurt, but I love shoes. And boots. Espcially boots. Your workout sounds like a good one.

Leanne - I hope you get your coffee maker soon! I don't drink coffee, but I know from people who do that going without is torture! Enjoy that rest week.

I think part of my bad mood was due to the fact that I went and tried some dresses on at lunch yesterday and they look liked a$$ on me. Excuse my language. It was just really disappointing.

Oh, Shannon, you're so funny! I'm sure the fashion police wouldn't lock you up!;-)

Lainie -- We've been waiting for more shots of Spidey doing yoga! Going to CT tomorrow sounds like fun!

Tneah -- Sending positive vibes your way as you head to the dentist in a little bit! I seriously doubt that your arse would ever drop to the floor! It's so high up there that eating gallons of ice cream every day probably would only cause it to drop the teensiest amount!}(

Shelley -- Oh, it's so awful when one bad session of trying on clothes ruins everything! Remember, though, how SKINNY you are -- and remember that it could have just been the cut of those dresses. I'm dead serious about this; sometimes the cut and fit just throws everything off. Try another brand or store -- and remember that you've been working hard and look amazing!:) I actually like Squeeze; it's pretty fun to do, and doesn't have the dread factor.

So the full moon must be driving all the whackos out. After that awful incident this weekend with that student, I just had our evil dept. member (NO ONE likes him -- he's seriously EVIL!) "yell" at me over email b/c I assigned him to proctor a final exam in a few weeks. He's got serious issues, but totally blew up at me and said that it's my fault that our dept. has these policies in place, even though they've been in place since before I started here. Ug!

OK, gotta run to a waxing appointment, and I think that I'm stopping at Starbucks on my way home so I can get through the rest of the work I'll need to do when I get back. Must. Have. Coffee.

Good evening melters. I apologize for not being around the last couple of days. Sometimes I just get overwhelmed with Greyor and Tristan and sink into a very deep and dark place. I think the worse is over though. Maybe the gazillion cookies I had at worked helped. It is Natl. Lab Week and we are being feted with all kinds of junk this week. Lunch today was pizza, cheesecake and cookies. I am going no where near a scale. I have been feeding my depression with way too much junk.

Shelley, I know the "going to bed and fuming" feeling. I rarely try on dresses anymore. I don't think it is you. I think it is the styles. I know I haven't found a flattering dress in years. And when I finally found a skirt and sweater that wasn't too bad, the skirt lining shrunk when I washed it.

Jennifer, have fun with BM2. You always seem to!

Lainie, when I washed our windows last week, I saw some that should probably be replaced. Our house really needs some TLC and we don't have the $$ right now. Or maybe I should say I don't want to spend the $$ right now. I'd much rather go on vacation. We have a terrible problem with smelly cat carpet in our addition, but until the cats are dead and gone, I hate to think of spending the cash to replace it with a new carpet they will just ruin.

Shannon, LOL about your hatred of shoes. I'll admit, I'm not a shoe gal. Compared to others, my shoe collection is pretty meger.

tneah, oh, you poor thing. Is the root canal all done? How are you feeling. I've not had one yet and don't look forward to the day. I periodically get the urge to clean out closets and drawers. The trouble is, in about 2 weeks, everything looks like I never touched it. One of the problems is, there is just too much stuff in our house. DD and DH are both messy and there is baby stuff everywhere. It drives me crazy, but I can't do anything about it.

Leanne, I couldn't go a single day without coffee. I just have a cheap drip coffee maker. Do you think the expensive makers are worth the price? I used to grind my own beans, but got lazy. I'm not terrible fussy though. I appreciate a good cup of coffee, but can drink just about any cup. When is school over for you? DH has about 3 weeks left. Aren't you taking a sabbatical this coming fall?

I just finished yoga. So far so good following the 4DS rotation.

Hello Melters.

Just getting primed to start BM2. It does seem like lately alot of weights, Thurs should be DM and Sat either HCE #3 or CF. And, Sunday PUB and PLB.

It's warm here but not for long, cold weather will be back.

BBL

Evening all!

Robin - we're totally here for you anytime you need to vent... you know that:) Lab week sounds fun!

Jennifer - girl, you do know that you're not supposed to lift every day, right? You need to give your muscles time to repair! That's my lecture for the day.

Leanne - I know I shouldn't get upset over a couple of dresses, but it was on top of some other stuff and work stress and it just all piled up. Today was much better, apart from two of the bosses driving us crazy! But tomorrow is Thursday and on Friday I'M OFF! So, I'll deal... ;)

Well, I just got a call from my beautiful daughter who hates math to tell me that SHE GOT A PERFECT SCORE ON HER MATH TEST!!!! YAY!

Hey everyone,

Robin -- We've missed you the past few days, and I'm sorry that things have been so hard lately. Like Shelley said, you know we're here for you! :) Sometimes eating a bit of that junk food can help with the cravings and sadness.:) I really loved our old coffee maker; when my DH first wanted to get one, I thought he was crazy for wanting to spend that much, but now I love it. I still have five more weeks to go (including finals), and then, yes, I'll be on sabbatical! I can't wait!

Tneah -- How did the dentist go? Are you OK?

Shelley -- Congrats to Sophie on those awesome math skills! Ug -- I'm so sorry to hear that work is also causing you stress. How great that you have Friday off! Hooray for that!

Jennifer -- Yes, it's a good idea to not do weights every day since your body needs time to rest. I hope that that cold weather doesn't last too long when it gets there!

Lainie -- Did the estimates for the siding and windows look good? Have fun tomorrow with your friends!

Yello All...I am trying to be "funny" here with my half numbed mouth!:7 It wasn't too bad, I almost fell asleep they had the laughing gas cranked up so high:+ :+ Its starting to hurt some now that the numbing stuff is wearing off, but nothing that a few pills the dentist gave cannot cure I guess. Yukkers. I hope none of you ever have to experience this, dentist said the nerve in both of my teeth were really inflamed.

So that is over with for now thank goodness...Leanne, yes, head to Starbucks right away!:eek: And the hell with that stupid idiot at work who is blaming you. Shake your size zero arse at him and walk away!

Robin, ((hugs))) I have never heard the whole story about your grandson and son...I have an idea, but do not think you have talked about it here on this thread. And of course you do not have to, I apologize if that sounded nosy.Just know you can vent any old time, I know you guys really help pull me through that 12 weeks or horror.;) We are here for you. I was just wishing I had the pitter patter of little feet in our house...if I lived by you, I would babysit and insist you went and got a pedicure or something.:7 Glad to see you are doing the 4DS rotation, it is the only one I actually did for 4 weeks, I loved it that much. Please check in everyday, because I really miss it when you don't.

Lainie, cannot wait to see Spidey! Oh, and I know you have some sexy looking feet going on right now....with your new shoes.;)

Shelley, oh please, you think you have problems with dresses?? I never find anything, I detest trying on clothes too. I order online and then send them back if they do not fit. I have a wedding coming up in May, and have no clue what to wear, I need a black tie sort of dress. Dresses are the hardest to fit correctly for everyone, well besides jeans...I know you have a hot little body, you were just trying on the wrong ones. Do you guys have Banana Republic in Canada? They have some cute stuff. And congrats to Sophie, that is so awesome, I hated math in school too, that must have been such a confidence builder for her!:7

Jennifer, cold weather again? Maybe you need to come down to Vegas for awhile and enjoy our fabulous sunshine!

I am trying to eat mushed up broccoli and cauliflower right now, I know gross, but I am starving! Have a great evening guys and will see you in the Am...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.