*^*^*^DGMT^*^*^TGIF 11/30

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning DMT!

Today was a run and then 4ds Chest and Back. I would like to do HIS later this aft, but we'll see. Tough for me to do aft workouts!
I am anxious to see what Cathe has for Dec. rotation. Hope she posts today.

Deanie and Marcy--Are you girls starting the X on Monday? 3 months?
Hi Tracee!
Have a great day. Gotta run. I am late.......:eek:
Gin:)

Good morning ladies.

Today I got up and did a 10 minute stretch routine, 25 minutes yoga and 11 minute abs. It was a good workout because I enjoyed doing it. I liked the yoga guy but I can't remember his name, it's not one that I've ever heard of before. He was by himself and he kept enforcing the idea that yoga is supposed to be light and fun. Whenever, I do it I'm so worried about holding a pose that being serious and focused that I never thought about actually relaxing and having fun with it. :)

Gin - I'm hoping Cathe posts the next rotation before I leave work today but that's probably not going to happen. I probably won't see it until tomorrow. Are you going to start a new rotation on Sunday?

Deanie/Marcy - hope you are both having a good Friday.

Tracee

Good Morning DGT!

Today was my last day of the rotation and I did LIS warmup, shoulders, core and stretch (no calves for me today.) I did it on 8" but didn't feel any intensity and I even jumped when she said we didn't have to. Core work felt good but I'm still not feeling anything with those bicycles.

Seated Overhead Press: 8, 10, 12, 15 (never went up on this)
Seated Isolation Press: 15# (or this but was able to do all reps)
Upright Rows - 18#, 12 reps (went up 1 1/2 reps) (up 3# for the month)
Standing Lateral Raise - 13# both sets (up 1#) up 3# for the month
Bent Arm Lateral Raise - 13# (up 1# and 3# for the month)
Seated Front Rear Raise/Rear Isolation Flys - 12 and 10 first set (no change), 12 and 10 second set (up 2# each) Up 2# overall on seated front raise and Rear Isolation Flys

Gin/Tracee: Hope Cathe comes up with a good rotation for both of you.

Gin - Hope you get to do HIS later. I'm Xing starting Monday for 3 (gulp) months. I will be rotating in other cardio workouts because I know I'll get burned out doing the same ones for 13 weeks.

Tracee - Glad you had a fun workout. Yoga should make you feel good not stressed. That's why I really like Eoin Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness. He has these funny little sayings that really lighten things up.

Deanie - Hope you're having a nice day.

BBL.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

Can you believe this is the first opportunity I had to get to the computer today???:)

Today was supposed to be BC weights and HIIT on the treadmill. Between DM cardio yesterday and Mahjong last night (didn't get home till 11:30) I didn't even set my alarm for 4:45a.m. I just woke up at 6:30 and worked out after school. So I just finished my workout, but I had NO desire to go on the Treadmill. So I just did the BC weights and KB core and stretch. Today was the last day of the rotation for me also.
I had some DOMs in my shoulders and I think that affected some of the tri. work I did today. I felt some of the tricep exercises in my shoulders: the overhead press and the dips specifically!
Stats:
round 1
tri: same as Cathe
bi: same as Cathe (curled with 20# but really hard today)
round 2
tri: lying extension bb: 35#
lying extension db: 10#
bi: crazy 8 BB: 35#
reverse curls: 12#
round 3
tri: even though we use no weights, I really feel this! Its hard to keep that ball steady!
bi: incline hammer curls with a twist: 15#
double arm seated hammer curl: 15# (up 3#)
round 4
tri: with band~ feel the burn }(
bi: hanging concentration curls: 22# (up 2#)
wrist curls: 10# (same)

I did the core work from KB, but added my own planks: I held the bent arm plank for 2 minutes straight!!!!}( }( Yeah baby;-)

Gin/Tracee: Hope Cathe comes up with a good rotation for you guys!

Gin~ I am starting the X on Monday! I will be doing LIS/HIS cardio for the interval day, and BC/KB for the kickbox day. I just love the BC/KB cardio! I will also be doing B&G standing glutes and abs for the leg day. so really I am doing the X 2 days!!!LOL

Marcy~ Great workout today. Looking forward to starting the X with you!:) I have decided for the first time, I am just going to set a limit of 15 pushups for each kind of push up. I hope I can keep up with you!:7

Tracee~ I'm glad you enjoyed your workout today.

Have a good weekend!
Deanie:*

Hi Again!

Deanie - Good workout today! I think we're about the same on this workout, give or take a pound or two. I think 15 pushups is a good goal for the pushups for Phase 1. When you get to Phase 2 and Chest, Shoulders & Tris, you might want to start out a little lower as these pushups are much harder. As I said earlier, I'll be switching up my cardio a lot. I might start out the first week with Plyo and Kenpo just to compare from the first time but I have a lot of new workouts I'd like to do and this will give me a good opportunity to do them.

I have DOMS in my obliques. This is the second time this week. I guess the core workouts are really working for me. This is one rotation I wouldn't mind doing again. When I do, I think I'll try and go as heavy as possible but only with 8 reps instead of 12. I still find myself wanting to do all the reps like Cathe but I realize I don't need to do all the reps if I really want to go heavy. I'd also like to try more of the premixes. I just wish she made the LIS premix like the kickbox premix.

Marcy

Funny, I just wrote on the top of the Nov. rotation "very good~ do again" I really got good results and enjoyed the less intense cardio. I also would prefer less 12 rep excerises and more 8-10, but I did get good results with what Cathe did, so that seems to work for me. At this point, I don't think I can go heavier, this is the heaviest I've gone!

I actually would have liked the premix ~ weights only for all the dvds: chest and back only, shoulders only, tri/bi only.

Also, I would like to see a blog update:p :+

Deanie

Hi Again!

No aft workout for me today. I am making dinner for a friend that had surgery yesterday and cleaning the house. I'll complete the rotation tomorrow with HIS/KB and Heavy Legs and Core....whew!:p

I talked to my friend again that wants to start working out again, but says she bulks up and gets ripped very quickly like a man and hates that look. She is tiny and has no fat. A friend of hers came up with a workout for her using soup cans as weights.(blah!) I would think she could lift 5# and not bulk up. I've never heard of anyone say this.

Tracee-Yes,I plan on starting the new rotation on Sunday. How about you? Glad you enjoyed the yoga.

Marcy--Good workout today! What are your favorite Cathe cardios?

Deanie--I credit you guys with my ability to do pushups. Thank you!

One of the teachers that I work with is a friend of one of the parents in my room. She keeps asking what kind of gift cert. I want for Christmas. Today I said....cathe.com. So sweet. Many times the parents will take a class collection for a 1 gift card.

Have a great weekend!
Gin
:)

Hi Again!

Gin - My favorite Cathe cardios are:

Rhythmic Step
Step Blast
4DS - All of the cardio (step being my faves). Kickbox grew on me more and more.
IMAX 3
Kick Max
KPC

With me, the more complex the better.

So nice you're helping out your friend. That's great that you'll most likely be getting a Cathe gift card. I guess you're looking for cardio??

Maybe your friend would like Jari. I actually lost 1/2" on my arms doing Jari.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.