**Saturday Melting**

crazystepr

Cathlete
Where the heck is everyone? WAKE UP!!!

I am actually about to run--gotta go to breakfast with my niece and her Grandparents. Ugh. After all I ate last night a big breakfast is the LAST thing I need. I'm not even going to tell you what my food intake consisted of yesterday. You all would kick my a$$ off the Melters checkin so fast....

Anyway, gotta go. I'll be back later, dahlings.

Allison, as my grandmama used to say "On you it looks good". ;) Enjoy your run.

Oh, no, Shannon! Now it's your thumb? Girlfriend, it's hard to keep up with what your poor body has been through in the last year.

Thanks for warning me about the crazy WOaholics in this check-in, Shell. But I'm okay. Allison is an inspiration to me, and I'm just glad to be doing better than I was.

tneah, try as I might, I'm not really looking forward to doing the kitchen, but I believe I'm ready to deal with it now, finally. As for the boobs, they were a source of great shyness for me most of my life and a source of emotional pain. But since I've discovered Wacoal and Natori I've actually started to enjoy my figure. It only took 45 years, but better late than never. ;)

Breckgirl, next time you need products, we'll talk. ;)

This week I've done enough walking around the city to count as a cardio workout. Yesterday I did some aerobic shopping at a huge sale at Lord & Taylor. I just have to share this about the gorgeous suit I bought: The jacket was originally $428, 40% off with coupon I got it for $102. The pants were $278, with 40% off and coupon I got them for $66. It's not easy, but I'm trying to train myself to spend less on clothes, and I'm pretty darn proud of myself as a result of yesterday's catch.

We're off to the Island of Long today to meet friends who are going to show us around their neck of the woods. First we'll be stopping at a client's house for a will-signing ceremony because the client can't find the time to get into my office in the city during the week. I won't have time for any workouts today, which is fine with me because my lower back is achy from PMS.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Morning All!:D

Allison, c'mon, what did you eat, let us live vicariously through your fit little self!:) Enjoy your run, will you be joining Grace and her "whoops?":D

Nancy, I too wear Wacoal brand bra's! They are simply the best, they wear very well too! I was born with a larger chest and then they "disappeared" and sagged to my knees so I got them "refilled" and "pumped up" so to speak. Way to go on your incredible find at Lord and Taylor!:eek: We have great shopping in Vegas, but nothing compares to NYC! Sheesh, that city intimidates me for some reason...I guess I am a small town girl really, DH was born in the Bronx--1949 actually, and loves his city still, although when we visit he won't take me to his old stomping grounds...as he puts it "even the cops won't go there!";) I used to order from our favorite deli "Katz", for the holidays, but sadly they shut their doors a few years ago. And I know walking around the city does qualify as cardio, my word its huge!

Hugs and hi's to everyone this morning! The weekends are either really slow or there is alot of us, I know Shannon takes time off from the computer on weekends so we probably will not see her today.:(

Have you guys checked out the RT photo's Liann posted under the RT thread? I saw our Leanne and Lainie, not sure about Kara and Peggy need to look a little closer.

Our new boat arrives this evening, DH is beside himself...workout today might be another kettlebell one, maybe I will try Providence? Not sure, not as creaky this morning...be back later to see who's checked in!:D

Morning melty chicas!

Woke up late this morning after having a TERRIBLE time trying to get to sleep last night. Didn't fall asleep until after 12:30. We took the dogs for a long walk, then Chris and I ran outside together! He's just started running, so he had a two miler on his rotation for today and I told him if he wanted to run outside, I'd go with him. I'll do an iTread later to make up my mileage for the day. We have a ton of errands to run this morning.

Allie - yeah, I wanna hear what you ate yesterday!

Tneah - let me know how Providence is if you try it! I'm so excited for your new boat! Oh, and thanks for the compliment, but I am FAR from a fast runner. Allie is way faster than me, and if Erin "jogs" at 7.5 to 8 mph, that's what I SPRINT at ;) I'm improving though. My steady state used to be 5.8 to 6 mph and now it's 6.5.

Nance - holy crap, what a great deal on that suit! Nice going! Enjoy the Island of Long today.

Hi to everyone else! I'll try to get back later. Oh, and Chris told me this morning that I'm looking leaner! :D

OMG, you guys are so funny!! I wasn't about to "go for a run". I meant I had to run--as in, I had to "skedaddle" since my niece's Grandparents were on their way. Haha. I love y'all.

You really wanna know what I ate yesterday? You sure? You might puke.

Ok here goes....

Lunch: two pieces of pizza and two small pieces of chocolate cake
Dinner: a Happy Meal from McDonalds PLUS most of my niece's fries
Dinner, cont: a kids size bowl of ice cream from Coldstone Creamery--with oreos and m&m's. Yep, and "kid size" isn't saying much. That thing was huge.

So there ya have it. I actually feel hung over today and I didn't even drink last night. So I just had half of an egg white omelett and some dry toast (and one piece of bacon--I couldn't help it) for breakfast with my niece and my brother-in-law's parents. I feel disgusting.

See why I workout the way that I do?!?!? I can't control my eating.

Later today once my sister and her husband come home I'm going to do 4DS Kickbox and all of KPC. I need to punch something really bad. :mad: And workoff the crap I've been consuming lately.

Sorry I'm crabby again today. I'll come back later when I'm in a better mood.

Alli sweetie, overall calorically speaking that is, you really did not consume that many calories! You really didn't eat that much sweetie, and with your 20 year old metabolism, believe me, enjoy it and eat up!;) Do I sound envious??:p

Shelley, yeah for lean and mean!:p Hum, I am wondering if I can make a copy of my workouts (shhhhh...) and send to anyone who wants to try? I will have to ask my techie wizard friend to do it for me, I believe he comes down to SD next week! Hey, but I always knew you looked lean, have you not looked at yourself in the mirror chica??:eek:

Ok, I cannot find those RT pictures darn it, they disappeared over on the RT thread, I wanted to check Peggy out...:)

Oh! Another yippee for DH, he is out walking again this morning, and Shellers how sexy Chris ran with you this morning...gotta love working up a sweat with the sweetie!

Don't Leanne and Lainie look adorable and oh-so-pretty and happy in those RT pics?!?! Cathe looks stunning too (as usual). God, that woman is gorgeous. I think I have a total girl crush on her...:eek::p;)

Tneah--well, don't forget that yesterday I ate breakfast too and some grapes and tortilla chips mid-morning. Whatever. I still feel gross.

Oh, and here's the link to Liann's pics of the RT with Leanne and Lainie: http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250111

Thanks Alli! I didn't scroll down far enough! Pegsters is so dang cute...her shirt is hilarious, I am still scratching my head and am jealous she can use a 25 kettlebell! She totally rocks that girl does.
Is Lainie cute or what, she looks about 16 years old! Lucky chica, and Leanne is weensy, she is the same size as Cathe!:eek:

Who is that gal that looks like Kyra Sedgewick? She has beautiful hair, and is Lorie the one with big eyes? She is the mommy to my second favorite dog in the world...Linus. Oh, Keegan is my second favorite too Deb!:p Now if I could only find Kara! Wait! Is that her next to Leanne in that pic with Cathe, Lainie and Peggy?? I love her haircut, she is so slim and trim!

As usual Cathe and the crew look amazing! Yes, I am totally putting off my workout, I thought every body part was okay this morning, til I checked and yeah, my quads and triceps are really sore. So is my dang sciatic nerve on my left hammy and rump cheek. Ugh. Not again, its the running I did this week, it aggravated it, but whatever, it doesn't hurt while I run, only afterwards..I need a massage....

Last edited:
Wow I couldn't find today's thread until just now.... hmmm I need more coffee
kaffeetrinker_2.gif

So my plans for getting up super early fizzled by the way side once again :( I so need to get back on my old regular schedule soon as these late nights are not doing it for me. I plan on doing The Gauntlet today. After all this time I finally ordered it the other day and I'm actually looking forward to doing it maybe I won't feel that way once I'm done
17.gif

We had DD's boyfriend over til 11pm and he and his unit are getting ready for a deployment so he's leaving early this coming week for training and I just pray he is okay. They will eventually be going to Iraq :( Thankfully I've been there done that as a military spouse many times over so I'll be able to help out DD with all the emotions while he's away but it still sucks :(

Tneah - I was raised in Da Bronx lol but I haven't lived there since '88 my mom and in laws still live there though. I do miss the shopping and the food still- its been 3 yrs since I've been. The rest of my sisters all moved away from the city going upstate NY.

Allison seriously no kidding enjoy eating up. I LOVE good food but need to watch myself at my age.

Shelley I was up around that time too last night.

Ugh I can't wait till everyone is back on a regular schedule - summer school breaks wreck havoc on mine. :(

Oooooo pictures runs to go check em out :D

picture.php

Hey all...whew!

Just got back from runnin' around in the heat...well, its not hot compared to some places...
Still waiting on the boat.

OK, here is my opinion of Providence. It was easier than Newport, easier than Extreme Cardio Kettlebell, and harder than Laurens. It wasn't as cardio heavy, more like a weight training workout, so you could actually go with a heavier kettlebell, I used my 20 pounder except for the end, yep, he does a 3 minute straight on snatch deal, I had to switch to 15's for that. I liked it enough, its worth it to get both I think.
I am really sore now and pooped, I really should have taken today off, but since tomorrow is gonna be busy with moving, I wanted to make sure I got a workout in.

Shywolf, ahhh, thats cool you are a military wife, I hope your hubby knows how thankful we all are for his service.:D Thats great you can sort of "help" DD go through the emotions of her SO leaving. Get some more sleep tonight!

OK, guess what I am gonna do? Take a nappy!:p

Hi there Meltie ones!

This is the first I have had a chance to sit at the computer...I did some work around here, played with the dogs, laundry, lunch, more work around here, a nap....you get the picture!:rolleyes:

Anyway, no workout, a rest day for me. Yeah right!

I checked out the RT pics but can;t tell who anyone is except Leanne...which one is Lainie? Peggie? Kara?

Allision:
How was that breakfast?

Nancy:
Welcome! I was one of the posters that bought the book by Dr Diane ( forgot her name) dermotologist and bought all the stuff... we used to compare notes on how it was working! Good job on the bargains!

Shelly:
How are you doing? I spent the day in your area of world yesterday....actually it was in Oakville.

Tneah:
How great is it to have your DH getting fit? I wish mine would...:( I worry about him because of his family history and he does not watch anything he eats, and no excercise. He says fishing is good excercise!..now you are making me want to get that Providence dvd...If STS doesn't get here soon, I am going to go broke!:mad:

Shywolf:
Welcome to the Meltie thread...first name please?

Have a great day!

Deb

Your so cute Deb, gosh I miss your first post in the morning lady! But glad you are resting up a bit. I also love your avatar, but miss Kelsey's photo.:(

OK, here's who is who. Look at the picture of Cathe, Leanne is on her left, Kara I think is by Leanne, on the other side is Peggy in the green t shirt, and Lainie bug is in the pink shirt, she has a head band on. Those are our girls!:p

If you are lovin the bells, (look at me with my "lingo" already!), I would invest in Providence...and any other KB workout. I am loving these more than the weights I swear it! It is probably my overactive imagination or wishful thinking, but I think my abs look alot better already, same with the thunder thighs I got happening! It has only been two weeks, but I swear its making a difference.
I am pretty intuitive when it comes to my body, even though I ignore it most of the time, but something told me that this type of workout will work really well for me, so glad I tried it. I feel like an athlete when I do them, which for me is super cool.

I have the most weekend posts so far! I am waiting for our new boat now, so anxious, the captain hasn't called yet, so I hoping it actually gets here today and not tomorrow. Took a cat nap, and am watching the Olympics , the swimmers amaze me.:eek:

Still don;t know which pictures....

I can;t find the pics you guys are looking at...:(..are they the little tiny ones at the top of the Cathe Nation page, or on a link somewhere?...I looked at the link above but did not see Cathe in any of the pics....so that I could find my Meltie friends....:confused:

Deb

tneah - I'm a now retired military spouse :) DH just retired from active duty AF service this past fall after 22 yrs of service. So it's all still very fresh, my dh was deployed so much through the years that I was a married single mom for most of the time. It's not easy but doable.

Deb my 1st name Vilma is in my siggie ;)

So I came home from another search in this town to see if any Kettle Bells are for purchase - nada zippo! argh!

Next time I go out of town I'm going to look for them. I'm really interested in these KB workouts

Well I have someone bugging me to play on Webkinz lol

later

picture.php

Hi ladies!

Tneah - how exciting the boat is coming soon!!! I hope you get settled in nicely. When will the first night be on the new one? You are so making me want KBs now. 12 weeks. 12. OHHHH, actually 11! WOW.

Deb - the pics are in Liann's thread in the RT forum, a few pages back on her "early bird" thread (I think) - it's Liann's thread though for sure. You'll see the one of our Meltie gals! How's the fabulous Ks today? I hear you on worrying about DH... although get this: my DH is all about my new program. He's being incredibly supportive, and asking questions like, "should I have more protein?" and "Is this too many carbs?"... PLUS, he's 'working out' (he got those perfect pushup thingies and has been using that program). Hey - it's something!

Nancy - are you kidding? I always need product. Spill. HOOO-RRRAYYY on the deal! That's amazing! I'm terrible at bargain shopping. I run out of patience and I start to sigh a lot. I ran over to check out the kitchen thread. I am a kitchen freak. I love mine, and love to spend time in it. Mostly eating... LOL

Allie - stop it with all that food talk. You're making me hungry. MMMMMMmmmm, McDonald's french fries. I hope you're having a blast this weekend!!!!

Vilma - it IS really great that you can help your DD out, and support her during all this! DH has a dear friend who just got back from Iraq. When does summer school end?

Shelley belley - how awesome Chris ran with you. When you run, do you use iTrains or CCs? Or do you just haul? I get bored really easily, so I have to have something to listen to. I'm going to download a bunch of thumpy music for my circuits Mr. Trainerman has me doing. That oughtta pump me up a little more. That's cool to know your steady state has increased. Hope mine does...

Okay so... :eek:... last night DH and I went to see Joel McHale. We got all ready, got downtown and I said, "gosh, it looks so dark... are you sure it's tonight?" DH grabbed the tickets and... UM... well, it's actually tonight (as in, not last night when we were there). He was so upset with himself, and I couldn't stop laughing. I told him at least we scoped out some good parking. He finally thought it was funny too. Today he said, "wanna go check out what's going on downtown?"

Later honeys!

Last edited:
LOL! BG, I did the same thing with dinner reservations at a place at the Palms called "9" its some silly trendy place, we thought we would invite a bunch of friends and see Carlos Mancia that night, and I had made the dinner reservations for the night before!:eek: Thankfully they got us in but boy was I embarassed! Glad you had fun!

Still waiting....*tapping fingers on table*...where is that dang boat???

Deb, The pics are under Liann's post in the Road Trippers Heading, its a seperate forum like our check in one is.

Hi Guys,

Just checking in after a hard long day. I had to teach this am and then had a hair appt and massage (what a rough life, lol jk) It felt good for the first time to think of myself for a change :)!

You all had me laughing and Allie you are super skinny I wouldn't worry about the added cals but I do understand if your not used to eating that way.

Nancy I need to have you be my personal shopper i am horrible at finding deals (prob by far the worst)

shell you jog fast the first time i jogged i was at 5.0 thats great improvement

tiffany - cathe and the crew are amazing and they are super nice to boot (how not fair :))!

Well guys have to run (not a real run need to make dinner :)) sorry to cut short

talk to you soon

Hey all!

This is the first time I've been able to get on here all day. We had thunderstorms ALL freaking afternoon. It rained and rained and rained. Just what we need. More rain. Ugh.

I ran another 6.4 miles using iTread 9 this afternoon, for a total of 8.4 today.

Tneah - has that dang boat come yet?

BG - when I run on the treadmill, I do use CCs and iTreads, but not every run. I always try to fit in one steady state run a week, and for that I just listen to really good music. That's so cute about your DH getting all into your program!

Erin - when I run with iTread, I'm somewhere between jogger and runner speed, according to Grace. I try to do the sprints at runner speed, but I can't always do the whole thing that fast. I'm getting better though! And these girls will have you laughing every day ;)

Vilma - I'm having trouble finding KBs here too. I went to the local fitness store and he said they're waiting for a shipment, so he put my name down and will call when they come in.

Deb - so happy to see you today!! How's the spitfire? What's next for him, now that he's graduated top of his puppy class?

Hi to everyone and I can't wait for the RTers and Robin to get back!

Shelley I know I can order those kettlebells online but since I'm not even sure if I'll actually like them, I'd prefer getting mine locally.

From what I've read on the boards the gofit kettlebells are good starter ones and sold locally.

With all the talk about KB I really just want to try them out and see. I may try taking a drive into the city and try to pick one up soon. ;)

picture.php

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.