**ONE DAY AT A TIME** SEPT.10 thru DEC.31

cbillekop

Cathlete
This thread was started for people with chronic illness, injuries, arthritis, any health related complaint that interferes with your daily exercises!
Of course all are welcome!

Good Morning,:)
Yesterday my right hip was too painful but, I figured out it's picking tomatoes that triggered this recent round of pain!

Renee: Great on the FIRM workout! Which FIRM workout did you do? I try to judge the dvds based on the workouts rather than on some of the other "stuff"!

Jane: Hope you're back is feeling better! Let us know how you're doing:)

Take care & HUGS
Cathy

Last edited:
Hello Cathy I did the one says the FIRM cardio on it her name is hedi I think it says on top part of cross training series I think. I had vol 1 and 2 I can't find them now! I was thinking maybe id do them since its very easy on my feet. I will have to suck up there weird actions lol. I never stuck with them long enough to see if thay actually work or not. There prissyness was to out there for me. But I'm getting freaking disperate now lol. I'm gonna do cristy Taylor tomorrow I liked that one! Today after work I'm gonna do either firm again. :) or I may do css. What do u think? Lol I want something not to hard or not to long either or. The firm fits not to hard css fits not to long. Plus both are kind to my feet. If I actually see results from the firm I may have to buy the classic again to try. I hate spending more money but whatever I can do to keep going.
if u have firm to maybe we can come up witb a rotation with some science to it. Lol like pick a cathe rotation and insert firm in there at some spots that seems they may fit?
Man are ur hips feeling any better today? Good luck on that! How is everything else where u r? Family?
I have a sad story to tell ya but ill have to pm you later when I get home. Have a god day.
Jane I'm missing u! Come back plz! Lol

Hey there ladies! Beautiful, beautiful day here in Cincinnati! Unfortunately, my back is still "frozen", so I'm still "stuck"! LOL I figure maybe this is God's way of telling me my adrenals are shot & I need the break! He knows I wouldn't take a break on my own... I could finally do some cat/cow moves this morning & some wag the dog moves. Hard to believe that I was hurting so much that I couldn't even do those 2 simple things before!
Cathy: Sorry to hear about your hip pain! Are you getting any sleep? Thanks for starting the new thread! My back pain is now radiating around to the front of my right pelvic bone. I'll be glad when I "get put back together!" I have another chiropractor appointment on Tuesday.
Renee: I could never get too into Firm workouts either... What's the latest news on your dad? How's your PF doing?
I'm going to go nose around the forums - haven't been around the last couple of days!
Take good care ladies, & hopefully, I'll be back working out with you soon!

Today is not going as planned:(
Spent about an hour in the garden, so this will count as my workout for today

Jane, I hope your appointment goes better tomorrow & in the mean time please be careful:)

Beautiful day here!

Take care & Hugs,
Cathy

Last edited:
I've been cleared by the chiropractor to start back (slowly) to work out! :D I'm still feeling pretty stoved up, so I'm going to give it another day or 2, unless I feel much better tomorrow. I have to say that just since yesterday, & doing the cat/cow stretches, I've begun to feel human again!
Cathy: I'm sorry your day's not going as planned, but an hour in the garden sounds like a good workout to me!!!
Renee: How are you doing? How's your father doing?
It's another glorious day here! We've been able to have the house open & it's actually been chilly at night - in the low 50's & high 40's. The trees will be turning any day now & into Fall we'll go!
Take good care & HUGS!

I managed to get a 20 min. brisk walk with the dogs & a 30 min. stretch after!

Hope both of you are doing well & getting better

Hugs,

Hi ladies so sorry I didn't post! I could have swarn I did! I know not yesterday my sister from Florida came in. As soon as I got home from work we spent some time together we stayed up til 2am with family talking now I have headache! She is one of my sisters that I actually do get along with better. She recently lost a lot of weight by running so we have more in common then the others.
Mon night I did firm again cross trainer strength one. It was a good one to take place of weight work on my legs. It is still hard to get into cause I have to not pay attention ro her face and voice lol. I think it is easier on my joints hum. Maybe it will build leg strength now and then ill be able to do cathy leg workouts without it hurting my back.
So glad you checked in Janie! Missed u. Glad ur getting better

Last edited:
Came back to say, I did a walk jog and yoga for a healthy back. Also wanted to say I measured myself again and I have to say I actually lost a little inches! After over a yr finally I do see a difference. Who hoo... its like half a inch everywhere but that's better then nothing!

Today I spent about an hour in the garden & then was able to do a circuit workout followed by yoga:)

Renee, absolutely great on the lost inches!:):cool: Great on the walk/jog & yoga:)

Jane, hope your back is slowly getting better

Take care & HUGS,

Good morning ladies! Another beautiful day here - but supposedly, FROST is due here next week! Good grief! They're predicting an early Fall... weird, weird weather.
Cathy: That's great, that you were able to do all that! Way to go!
Renee: Glad you got to visit with "friendly" family! & yay! on your lost inches!!!! Slow & steady wins the race!!!
Still no workout for me - l'm still in some pain, & when I do cat/cow stretch, my back just does not want to go into cow! Until that lets go, I'm not going to try anything. The chiro also worked on the tennis elbow, which made it sore, so I'm not going to try upper body, either.
Thanks for keeping after me to check in, ladies. You 2 are about the only thing keeping me going right now!
Take good care & BIG HUGS!

Thanks Cathy the inches isn't really inches lol more like half inches but ill take it .. :).
Yesterday I ran walk. And then did a yoga. Nice day out. Of course I'm paying for it. But it was worth it. I just don't get it.. I don't see how my foot STILL Brothers me. I'm NOT going to doc all they do is pilkss or tell me surgery. I can't do that again I mean I have not been the same since they. " Fixed" them the other time. Ggrrr.
How long do u guys think it will be til we get xtrain. And how long til we at least " hear " some news. I'm not trying to be rude or picky but id lovve to hear something. Its like I get excited to keep working out if I hear some tid bits once in a while .. do you know what I mean? Lol I may be sounding stupid. But I a get like a kid in candy store! Like id like to hear that theh. Are rehearsing blah blah blah.... :).
Not sure what ill do today maybe a circuit for fun because I did a jjog yesterday the firm before that so a circuit would give me cardio and I probly need to lift a little heavy today since my weight was med for the firm. What do u think I need to do? Lol I am still trying to figure what rotation to try. The intermediate one or LIS one. I heard good results from that one. What do u think Cathy? I would llike to add a cf or ttm In there for good measure once In a while. But not sure if I should. Should I do a nice easy one then get harder or nice easy and add a hiit one I. There. I also want to add one in there. Like cristy taylor or step moves once in a while. Gawd om giving myself a headache!

Physio this morning & House Max when I got home. Hoping to get Pilates in later!

Jane: Just take it easy & when you're ready go slow:)

Renee: Have you thought about a generic rotation? Maybe something like:
Mon: Weights(Upper or Lower or Total Body)
Tue: Step
Wed: FIRM(Light to Medium Weights) OR Circuits
Thur: Choice Cardio
Fri: Weights if you did Split training on Mon.
Sat: Step/Choice Cardio OR REST/YOGA
Sun: REST/YOGA
This is only a sample change it to suit your needs. Jane if you have any suggestions to this that would be great.

Take care & HUGS,

Last edited:
Cathy yes that looks great and makes since, gosh i try to do that and it gets so confusing, i wonder if others are as bad as me at putting it together lol
i am so frustrated today, Gawd I over ate today. And I meant to exercise to fix it but got home late and put out some things at home with family... and I didn't sit down til 10 well I didn't stop dealing with life til 10.. I sat to much today. I guess its a double workout tomorrow. I feel like a fat big tonight i had to grab a peice of KFC hubby stopped and got and i feel so fat and greasy!! yuk i found out after i ate almost all of the chicken it was 500 calories of a breast!! what i had a leg and then started crunching on the breast and had about 3 bites left and found out then. yuk i stopped eating it tooo late. lol

Well today I did low impact challenge from low impact series got lost about minute 23 picked it back up again 27 min. But then. Before the blast were u do the reutine from the top I did good til that last portion anyway I only bured 350 something like that. So I added the firm parts butt legs abs. Very eady so I upped the weight and did a bit better. I think the legs is just right for me. It used a dole (sp).. I used a broom but it helped me with my balance. I didn't count these calories so I won't over eat. I went on and ordered more firm. Once I understand the conceptt I can get past the "sexy breathy voice and maniiquin face lol not a bad work out for firming up. Starting to enjoy them. I just hope I don't. Lose muscle I've gained. With Cathe so I may do a full body heavy from her once in a while. I hope everyone is doing great. Have a good weekend!

Good Morning:)
Thur. was a couple of hours in the garden & Fri. was about an hour in the garden.
Today is suppose to be a catch up day so may not be a workout!

Renee: You did great on your workouts:) I'm happy the FIRM seems to be working for you! How's your foot doing? How is dad doing?

Jane: Hope you're doing fine & getting better:)

Have a great weekend
Take care & HUGS,

Last edited:
Hi cathy. I did a run today but mostly I didn't jog the whole way...wanting to keep foot fro. Hurt. It still hurts but I'm learning to livr with it. I have my boot on after my jog to c if it helps. The weather was so nice I had to get out there I o ly went four miles it took me 59 minutes! But it is because I walked then did pushups then jog push ups walk jog pushups like that until I got Home. I was trying to keep hr at 140 so it was like 129 to 159 on and off. So I did ok. I guess I did my own circuit lol. My dad is not doing well right now I mean he is tired they did graft on Wed. He is seems like he feels trapped. He still trys to joke

Yesterday was a couple of hours in the garden & physio stretches & today so far has been walks.

Renee: Absolutely great on the workout you did on Sat.:)
I'm so sorry to hear your dad is not doing well!

Jane: How are you doing? Have you been able to ease back into anything yet?

Take care & BIG HUGS,:)

Last edited:
Jane! I miss you! Lol soo does Cathy! Are u able to do anything at least stretching? I hope u r ok.

Cathy I decided to do push ppull I love that one I use heavy weight so its just right. Lov lov. I need to find more like that.. how was ur chiropractic appointment?

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.