**ONE DAY AT A TIME** Nov 28-Dec4

jbonnell

Cathlete
Yikes - it's almost December!!

Starting the thread for this week - good luck to all of us battling chronic health issues. Fit in those workouts when you can :)

Hello All,
Today was Cycle Max Premix: Cycle Max Express & STS Abs No Equipment & Stretch Max Band.
The majestic Bald Eagles are back after being "gone" for 3 yrs. Great to see them back!:D:D

Hope everyone else is doing well!:D
Jennifer: How did your dinner go?
Jane: Hope you had an enjoyable & happy Thanksgiving weekend!:D Looking forward to "seeing" you back!!:D:D

Take care & hugs to both,
Cathy

Last edited:
Hello ladies!
It's great to get away, but it's always good to get back home!
Wow! Cathy, you have bald eagles?!? Breathtaking! Had a great Thanksgiving, thanks. So, when did the hip pain start? Can you think of anything that's contributing to it? I guess I should go back & catch up with what's been written since I left before I pepper you with a dozen questions! LOL
Jennifer, how are things with you?
I was able to do Imax 2 yesterday - whew! What a work out! I'm going to have to really push myself to work out tonight - I'm falling into that strange apathy that overcomes me after I've not worked out for a couple of days. Do you ever feel that way? I've been super pressed here at work today, playing catch up. Darn, I was only gone one day...:rolleyes:
Hugs!

Good Morning,
Today was STS Disc 8 & Cardio Supersets Premix: Express Rounds 1-4 & STS Extended Stretch!:D:D
Hip has been hurting for a year now! Will have to get that checked!

Jane: Great you made it through Imax 2:D:D I also find it hard to get back in routine if I miss a couple of days!

Take care & hugs,
Cathy

Last edited:
Hi ladies!
I did AfterBurn last night, or it did me, I'm not sure which! LOL :eek: I'm glad I made myself work out - I always feel better afterwards - it's just talking myself into it that's the hard part! I figured that since AfterBurn has been rated the hardest of the new workouts, everything else I do from that series is downhill from there!;)
Cathy: That's a LONG time to have your hip hurt! Have you had an MRI done since that started hurting? If it's fibromyalgia, I feel for you. It is not fun. It's really hard to get a diagnosis, too. Do you take any supplements that help the adrenal fatigue?
I don't think that sounds corny at all! There's something so majestic about bald eagles - they give me goose bumps. One of my friends in Lake Tahoe is a photographer & he sent me a picture of an eagle that I had hung in my office for awhile. I love owls, too, but never see any. My parents live on a farm, but the most exotic bird that they have had is a pileated woodpecker!
Hang in there, ladies! Hugs!

hello ladies - glad to hear you're getting your workouts in! I'm afraid yesterday and today were not conducive to working out for me. Yesterday I just basically rested the whole day, and was still exhausted. Slept in this morning, then went to meetings and had a good work day from an interest and planning standpoint, but can still barely hobble around, so I think this will indeed be a low key week for me. I have choir tonight and rehearsal tomorrow/performance on Thursday so that'll be about all the activity I can muster I'd wager. If I'm up for it, I'm going to try to fit in 2 of the low impact series workouts by Sunday...not sure which or when, I'm just going top lay it by ear!

Good morning,:)
Not starting good today!:( Respiratory problem starting slightly!

Jennifer:I'm really sorry you're having a hard week so far!Could you have overdone on the snow shovelling?! It's not an easy job! Take care & I wish you the very best with choir this week!:D
Jane:I'm happy Afterburn "worked" you out & you did great!:D I do take supplements!

Everyone take care & hugs to both,:D
Cathy

Last edited:
Hello ladies, I'm so sorry to hear that you're not doing well. :(
I made it through Low Impact Challenge last night - I was really winded by the time the blast at the end was over. Today, I'm hurting pretty badly. Maybe it's the weather change, I don't know. We had some light snow last night, but it didn't stick. It got cold!!!
Jennifer: I hope your concert goes well! I'll be thinking of you!
Cathy: I hope your respiratory problem doesn't hang on too long.
I was going to try Athletic Training tonight, but I'm thinking maybe I should do Yoga Relax or Max instead.
Hugs to you both & I hope we all feel a bit better soon!

Hey Jane - thanks for the kind words :)

I'm feeling marginally better - yesterday I walked a couple kilometres and did 20 minutes of yoga. And I had rehearsal, so I managed pretty well overall. Not Cathe workout well, but better than the last couple of days!

I'm hoping to try something similar today. The performance tonight is a set for a Christmas party for a bunch of investment bankers, so mostly background, jazzy stuff. A member of my choir who is a fabulous piano player is accompanying me, and it's pretty fun music, so I'm looking forward to it. Then I go from there to a big fundraiser dinner/auction with friends, which is always really fun. Hopefully I won't poop out early!

It's funny how we're all having trouble this week - at least we can all commiserate. Chins up, ladies - we'll make it through!

Cheers,
Jennifer

Hey ladies!
Jennifer: Your party music sounds like a lot of fun! & your workout wasn't too shabby, either! ;) I used to be in a singing group years ago, but moved away. I still miss it! I don't miss the standing for a couple of hours, though, although we did a lot of choreography, too.
Cathy: How did your day go? Are you feeling any better?
I did Yoga Max last night, & even that was a bit of a chore. I should have done Yoga Relax instead... But, at least I was able to get through it!
I feel a bit better today - the sun is out. It's cold, but it's sunny & that seems to affect me a great deal. I guess I should live in California or Florida, huh??? LOL I also got a great night's sleep, & that makes a big difference, too. Cathy, I don't know how you keep on keeping on with so little sleep! I read an interesting article by a woman with fibromyalgia that said she tried a gluten-free challenge for 2 weeks & feels like a new woman. :eek: I've read a little bit about it, but I think I'll do some more investigating.
Hope we all have a better day! Hugs to you both!

Good Morning All,:D

Jennifer:Your party sounds like great fun!:D Your walk & yoga sounds relaxing & enjoyable! The simple things are sometimes the best!!:D The very best for tonight & have great fun!!:D:D

Jane: Great you got through Yoga Max:D especially after Low Impact Challenge the day before!:D:D I found Yoga Max a little difficult when I did it last week:)
Today the back of my head feels like it's been hit with a baseball bat & the hip is still sore!:mad: So no workout today!:(
Have a great day & hugs to you both:D
Cathy

Last edited:
Hey all - had a lovely time last night, although by the end of the evening my legs were pretty bad. It was well worth the good time though :)

I may well try a workout this afternoon after I have a couple meetings I have to attend. I am feeling better, but after standing for an hour or so last night singing and just being out and about in the evening my reaction was bad enough that I don't want to push it today. Maybe a walk, or Slide and Glide muscle endurance. We'll shall see. If my legs keep up their mutiny, I'll have no choice but to head back to the pool next week or I'll be stuck with little to no workouts...and I won't let that happen :)

Have a great weekend, and take good care of yourselves!!

Jennifer

Hey ladies! It's a sunny day here again - thank goodness! It makes a huge difference in my outlook.
I was able to gut my way through Athletic Training, the step extreme premix last night. Don't know that I'll want to try doing that one again, though. :p Whew! I've never had such sweat pouring offa me! Don't know what I'll feel like trying this evening.
Jennifer: I'm glad you enjoyed your evening!
Cathy: I hope you're feeling a bit better today. Sounds as though you were in a lot of pain. :(
Well, lunch break is almost over. I hope you have a great weekend! I hope to catch up on my house cleaning this weekend. With 3 dogs, it's hard to stay on top of it when I've been traveling. Usually, that's quite a workout in & of itself... just not one I enjoy! :rolleyes:
Hugs!

Hi Jennifer & Jane,
Today's workout was painful, but was determined to make it through!!
STS Disc 9 Legs, STS Stability Ball Abs, then HC Stretch Max: Stability Ball!!:D

Jennifer: I'm very happy your evening went well for you!!:D
Jane: I'm happy to hear you "gutted";) your way through Athletic Training Premix!!:D:D It sounds as if you're enjoying this new series!

I might check-in tomorrow. I'll have to see how it goes in the morning!!

Wishing both of you a great weekend!! Take care,
Cathy

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

Jane - I know what you mean about the Athletic Training premix! I just did the 22 minute express and it was great! Just what I needed in terms of duration and effort :) I've been feeling pretty good the last day or so. Still dealing with pain etc., but not enough to keep me from being as active as I can. I did yoga last night, then a singing lesson this morning (with a fellow choir member who has sung with the Canadian Opera Company and is a bonafide professional singer, which was just amazing!!), and AT premix this afternoon. Oh and I've done some housework! What a day!

Cathy - great job on keeping up with the STS discs as you dealing with everything - you're an inspiration :) For me, exercising can flare up symptoms, but they subside. It just when I'm having an exacerbation, sometimes the symptoms are enough to keep me from doing anything - that and the exhaustion. After three weeks, I think I might finally be coming out of the worst of this current episode..*fingerscrossed*

I'm thinking Slide and Glide muscle conditioning (~30) tomorrow, and maybe a swim with my Dad since he's in town and like to go to the pool when he's in (my folks live in a small rural community that has a hockey rink but no pool). We shall see - I'll let you know how I do after today's exertions.

Cheers!
Jennifer

Hey All,
Today was Low Impact Challenge Premix: Extreme & Stretch Max #3 Band!:D
The Low Impact Challenge Extreme wound up being being painful towards the end but I'm so tired of the pain "controlling" my life!!

Jennifer: I haven't done Athletic Training or Slide & Glide yet!! :(I'm going to have to schedule them in somewhere!:D I'm very happy to hear you're singing lesson was great & fun & you enjoyed the morning & that you're coming out of the worse of this round of flare-ups!!(fingers crossed;)) Enjoy the visit with your parents this weekend:D & take care!
Cathy

Good Morning,:D
Today was STS Disc 10 & STS Extended Stretch! Neck was a little sore at end! All in all great workout:D:D
Hope everyone else is doing well!!
Take care,
Cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.