**ONE DAY AT A TIME** Dec5-Dec11

jbonnell

Cathlete
Hey All,

Another week, and at least here in Newfoundland another sunny day :)

I went for a fantastic mini-hike yesterday, and hopefully will get another walk in today as well.

My plan for this week (I'm feeling ambitious as I seem to be on the mend), with walks as many days as weather and legs allow:

M: Total Body Trisets Total Body Express
T: Athletic Training Step Express + yoga
W: One of the Turbo Barre express options
R: Cardio supersets express option + yoga
F: Slide and Glide Muscle Conditioning
S: Hike (?) and yoga
S: Restorative yoga

Hope you're all feeling healthy and happy for this coming week!!

Cheers,
Jennifer

Hi ladies!
No sun here, Jennifer - it's a rainy, gloomy day, but rather warm for December. It's in the mid-50's. Your workouts sound great & I'm so happy that you're on an upswing! Hugs!
Cathy: How was your weekend?
I cleaned house on Saturday, and did TurboBarre yesterday. What a workout! I thought my legs would be screaming at me today, but so far, so good! I'm not sure what I'll feel like doing tonight - maybe I'll give something else a try rather than the new series. I want to try to get back into some weight lifting - I have missed it. I just hope my elbow doesn't complain too much!
I spent my lunch hour reading Cathe's newsletter. I look forward to all her great tidbits. I probably should be taking a quick walk, instead...:p
Here's to a great week! Hugs to you both!

Hello All,
Didn't sleep as well last night! Had to exercise my dogs today as they went 3 days without due to the windchill! Other than some housework that's it for me today!:D

Jennifer:Happy you're on the mend & doing so much better!!:D
Your workout schedule looks great!

Jane:Weekend was good!!:D I'm so happy you had the courage to do Turbo Barre again?!:D

The rest of my week:
Tue:STS Disc 11
Wed:Low Impact Challenge
Thu:STS Disc 12
Fri:Athletic Step Extreme
Sat:Not Sure(maybe Yoga)
Sun:Not sure(maybe Yoga)
Next week is my rest week!:D

Cathy

Last edited:
Hi ladies!
Cathy: I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't sleep well. I truly don't know how you do it! If my dr. hadn't put me on that strong muscle relaxer before bedtime, I'd be right there with you. Not a fun way to try to cope with life! Your workouts look good! When I was doing STS, my rest weeks were spent at my folks' house, taking care of my mom - my dad was in the hospital, & my 2 sisters & I "shared" taking care of her - she has mild Alzheimer's, so she can't be alone. I would probably have focused on doing abs, cardio & yoga.
Jennifer: I hope you're still feeling on the upswing!
I did BodyMax 2 last night - just the cardio blast premix. That's a killer routine. I'd only done it one other time, so it was "fresh." I had kinda forgotten I had it until I saw people talking about it on the forums! I have some of the STS cardio - mma fusion, kickboxing, boxing that I hardly ever do because I just don't enjoy them as much as step. Maybe I'll pull them out & change things up a bit.
Hugs to you both! The sun is shining somewhere - I hope it's over you!

Hey Cathy and Jane - workouts look great! Yesterday ended up being a write off after a flurry of housework ended up exhausting me and flaring up my legs. Grrrr....

Oh well, a day of rest didn't hurt, and today I've already gone for a nice little walk and finished off my Christmas shopping - that isn't as impressive as it sounds, since we have a small extended family, and we don't do lots of gifts, mostly just token stuff. Still, good to have it out of the way! My legs are still bothering me, so it might just be yoga today, or if I'm feeling good this afternoon, perhaps I'll fit in TBT express that I had hoped to finish yesterday.

I figure if I aim for 5 workouts a week and get in 3 I'll be satisfied, particularly if I get some walking in too.

In case you're wondering, I'm currently on medical leave, hence the super flexible schedule - I'm doing my PhD right now in Environmental Science, but needed a break with having to deal with all the health stuff, since staying on top of my research just wasn't happening. It was good to have the fall off, and I kept in the loop with my research group with occasional meetings, lab work and other work from home, but I'm really looking forward to getting back to it more seriously in January. I'll be on campus 2-3 days a week in my office, and working from home otherwise. I figure the days on campus will be swim days since the pool is there :) Cathe DVDs on days I'm home! I'm looking forward to having a more fixed schedule for sure. And with any luck I'll have a diagnosis sorted by early February. My supervisors are really great and are totally supporting me during my whole ordeal and basically whatever I need in terms of working from home, taking days off if I have a relapse, etc., they completely understand, which is pretty awesome :)

Anyhoo, I'll check in tomorrow, hopefully with news of continued improvement and workouts! Have a great Tuesday, everyone!! :D

Jennifer

Good afternoon ladies! Had some excitement here at work, so wasn't able to check in on my lunch break.
Jennifer: I LOVED the article! Thanks for sharing it. I decided to hit the weights last night, too. I did the Upper Body Trisets Premix, then immediately iced the elbow. So far, so good! I hadn't worked upper body since March or April & it felt SO good! As long as the tennis elbow doesn't flare up, I'm going to give it a go.
Cathy: How are you doing? Can you take anything at all to help you sleep?
Hugs to you both!

Hey Jane! Glad you liked the article! I thought the message was great :)

I did some yoga today and then taught a yoga class - I'm a certified instructor and have a few private clients. A group of 3 ladies that get together each week (we usually meet at one lady's home, but it switches around depending on who is available each week). I just started back to teaching after several months off. These gals are great, as I've been working with them for a couple years so they know their stuff and I don't have to demonstrate much, just talk and go around doing adjustments. Tonight was great! I did a lot more demonstrating in addition to my own practice and feel pretty good :)

Honestly, yoga is the one thing that doesn't seem to totally sap my energy on bad days. I think I'll try to refocus my fitness goals until Christmas - more yoga and Cathe when I'm really feeling up to it. That and as much walking as I can :) I think if I plan out a ton of Cathe DVDs I end up not being able to do them, and feeling a bit bad about it even though it's largely out of my control...so...I know that I can alter my yoga practice to be as gentle as I need it, or as vigorous as I'm up for, and it's something I can do every day...I'll keep checking in, of course! Hopefully this more moderate approach will enable me to do more in the long run instead of crashing and burning after a good day/hard workout.

Cathy, I felt some of your sleep trouble pain last night - I had a terrible night's sleep, with trouble getting to sleep, and I kept waking up. Gah. So, I'm off for an early night - chat with you all tomorrow :)

Hi Jennifer & Jane,
I'm gonna start off with this:Grrrrr!!:mad:Major flare-up Grrrrr!!:mad: End of rant!:D
Today was STS 11 & STS Extended Stretch!:D:D

Jane: I go in next week & see if I can talk the doctor into an MRI!
Happy to her your elbow didn't flare after your workout & you're going great on your workouts!:D:D

Jennifer:Great article & oh so true! Loved it!!:D I hope you got some sleep last night! I may have to rethink mine as well & have to repeat STS Meso 1 or do something else for a time!!:) Maybe yoga as I have some of Shiva 's DVD's, might go with that next week with abs.

Hugs to both & take care,
Cathy

Last edited:
Hi ladies!
Cathy: I'm SO sorry about the major flare! :( Hey, if that's what you call a rant, then it's a good thing you can't hear me sometimes! LOL :p Bless your heart! I hope you can talk your Dr. into an MRI - something is definitely wrong! Don't take no for an answer!
Jennifer: I'm glad to hear that yoga works so well for you. I LOVE the way I feel after yoga, & yet I don't do it that often. I think my head is always busy dinging off calories burned during cardio or weights, instead of focusing on how a workout makes me feel. & yoga leaves me feeling energized, yet relaxed.
I did Lower Body Trisets last night. Those one-legged squats or forward bends - whatever ya call them - are SO hard for me! My balance is so bad, but I'm going to keep working on it! Tonight is Yoga Relax. I've been looking forward to that one all week! I may schedule that one for every Friday evening - what better way to cap off a work week!
Hope you're both feeling a bit better today! Hugs to you both & keep those Cathlete chins up!

Hey ladies!

Cathy, I LOVE Shiva Rea :) I have pretty much every DVD/CD she's put out..I have an enormous DVD library and also am a member of YogaGlo, which is a monthly membership site that has a huge library of yoga practices of all lengths/types/teachers, and is super awesome. If you like yoga, for the cost of about one drop in class at a studio you have unlimited access.

Hey Jane - good job on the Trisets workout! My legs haven't been up to much these past few days. They don't bother me too much during yoga, but walking been a bit iffy, but it's been so rainy/windy it hasn't mattered much.

Today, however, was sunny! It was blowing a gale, but I went out anyway for a half hour trail walk, and did 45 minutes of yoga! Feeling pretty darn good too :) It was an extremely bracing wind, but I really revel in the cold weather, so it was well worth it.

Have a great weekend ladies - not sure if I'll have much time to check in as we have a lot planned/to do, but I'll certainly set up the thread on Monday if I don't drop in before then.

Cheers,
Jennifer

Good Morning Ladies,
Today was STS Disc 12 & STS Extended Stretch & I've now completed Meso 1:D:D

Jane: It sounds as if this has been a great week for you! Way to go!:D:D
Jennifer: I received Shiva's new DVD More Daily Energy this week & it looks good!:D You also sound as if you had great week!!:D:D

My plans for the upcoming week is Yoga & Abs as it's suppose to be a "recovery" week!

Have a great weekend & see you Monday!
Hugs to both,
Cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.