**FEBRUARY 10 Check In for Tuesday 2-9**

Boingo1

Cathlete
Hey Girls!

Starting us off this morning!!

(('m thinking Kathy is very busy getting ready for their trip!!!!)

So today is going to be busy, but not crazy busy. First I have to go help out at Jake's class from 9:30 - 10:00. Kind of puts back my workout, but it's ok. Will come back and get my workout in: Legs & Glutes. I haven't done that one in a while, and I just refreshed my memory , NO BALL! YAY!!

I think I'll throw some dinner in the crockpot, because I have to go to my GYN for a check up and ultrasound at 2:30. I'm just frustrated with this abdominal/pelvic pain. I had it last week, and so I called and made the appt (again!), now the pain has been gone all weekend and Mon & today. But, whatever, I guess they can check out what's going on even if I don't have pain?

Hottie: I was able to see bits and pieces of the Superbowl at work. Great game, really! I know the Patriots are pretty hot now with tom brady, but they sucked for a long long time before that. Drew Bledsoe was pretty pathetic as QB! ... That IBS sounds nasty! I'm sorry. And you can talk about poop any time, poop is my life , at work and home! LOL!. .. Love AS AND HIS! Good fun step workouts!..I've never done Travel Fit, it's really good? ...

And so we went to the library last night to pick out a biography for Alex to do a book report on. He picked 2 , and he'll decide on one today (with the help of his teacher). 1. Robert E Lee, who I PRAY he chooses. Plus we were at Gettysburg last year, I think it's a good choice. 2. Adolph Hitler. *sigh*. Just seems like such a dark choice. though he'll probably like dark. PRAY he doesn't pick that one!!!!

Okay, off I go! BBL!!

Must be! I sure hope the weather's ok for her drive!

So, that's all, Chris? Nothing more??? :D

Just finished my workout -- tonique mat. Not sure what to think -- yesterday some people were raving about it being the greatest floor work ever because it goes on and on. Well, it didn't feel like it went on and on for me, so that's good. I'm not sure how well it worked my backside -- we'll see! If it does, this is really going to be an "eat your vegetables" kind of workout -- there's not a whole lot of fun factor. If that helps you at all, Joanne!! :)

I need to go back and read yesterday's thread to see if I missed anything. Hottie, my butt is not broken, so far. That's as far as I got yesterday and then had to go to school for pickup, but Travis had a meeting, and then we went straight to his bball party, which seemed to take forever. I was in a small space with 15 boys -- ug! They were so amped up and it was just not fun. When I got home, Larry had a cup of tea ready for me and made me sit by the fire and do nothing -- that part was quite nice.

Rain rain rain.... it just doesn't quit. Hope you all have a nice day!!

Beth!!!!

Ahhh...You're making Tonique sound even less intriguing! Thank yoU! LOL!... Is it the English voice over or the "I'm about to burst into tears" German accent that's on the floor work? ... I love the idea of tea and a fire! I could have used that last night! Instead, after the boys went to bed, I had a giant sized bowl of popcorn and watched The Bachelor! HA!

You crack me up!!! It's a polish accent, and I must say..... I sent her some mail yesterday asking about quad bulk and how to lessen that and she sent me a really long reply with lots of advice -- she's very kind! And, I'm starting to feel my butt now, too.... maybe it is broken today! :D

Hope you enjoyed the Bachelor!!

hi guys. I'm in a bit of a stupor. I was pretty exhausted after tutoring so I thought I'd try the P57 workout to help me relax before bed...um...that 30 minute workout is something! But I felt it mostly lower body. I had a "playground" ball which is mostly a medicine ball which is fine except that it weighs ten pounds so not appropriate for everything. Definitely something new though I have to figure out logistics for some stuff. I have to leave work early today so I came in earlier so no workout in the morning. It's a slow morning day though...so I may take a walk around campus. I'd like to do a workout when I get back from my therapy appt but we'll see the likelihood of that. Right now uber sleepy...

Chris -- eek on the report choice. I was really disappointed when I was in India and I was going over my cousin's history with me and was shocked to find that the school had not adequately explained the horror of Germany in the early 1900s. And it's like, what can you say?!?!

Beth -- Tonique does sound less intriguing -- way to destimulate the economy! :) Man, boys are so different from girls...but then again, I don't think I could take 15 girls either...

Wow, Hottie, you did that workout with a 10 pound ball? Yikes! Did it have the hold it between your knees part? Yowsa! Get a playground ball! It is a scorcher.

Here's some humor for today....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE

Oh, and Hot Zone for Travis.... if it's what I'm thinking, he probably wouldn't get into it yet..... but who knows?!

Hi all!

I hope Kathy made it out OK - were they flying or driving?

Well, the snow is falling here now. We have about 5-6 inches, but it's supposed to snow for the next 48 hours or so. But, we'll see. They always predict these big snow storms for us that turn out to be nothing.

Oh, Hottie, that IBS sounds horrible. Don't worry - we talk about everything here!! Those are fun step workouts. Wow, you did P57 with a 10 pound ball?? That's pretty impressive!

Now I'm torn about Tonique!! I was all set to order yesterday (I know - I said I was going to wait!), but I stopped myself. I may just order the first one. Thanks for the descriptions of them, Beth. The first one sounds like you could eventually just play your own music, once you get the moves down. I used to do that with Slim Series.

Beth, 15 boys in a small space does not sound like fun! You needed that tea (with a little something in it ;)) after that. But, I agree with Hottie, 15 girls may have been worse!

Chris, I'll be rooting for Robert Lee. ;) Jameson is studying the Holocaust at school now. I should take a look at what they're actually teaching them about it. Mmmm, so what's in the crockpot? I think it's a good idea to go to the gyno even if there's no pain now. They can still maybe do an ultrasound, and if anything ease your mind.

Well, I did Legs and Glutes today. I don't know why, but I always think of that as an easier Cathe leg workout until I do it!! It was tough!! I'm thinking of going to the treadmill during lunch, we'll see if I make it.

Have to run to a meeting...

Joanne

Hi again!

I did get to do Legs & Glutes. I have to say, it's mostly a killer to start with those flippin leg presses. I'm so out of breath doing these stinkers! And she does 2 sets of 16's! :confused: I wasn't great on some of the balancing moves either, a bit shaky. Like the front foot elevated lunges where you raise your back leg up to a knee lift! Helllo! Wobble wobble weeble! It is a tough one! LOVE the stretch in the socks to Wrapped ARound your Finger though :)

You go on that TM run, Joanne! ... I get to have a thingie jammed up my you-know-where ultrasound instead! FUN fun!!! I'm so jealous of your TM run!!...

Beth: Ah! Polish! I should know, I'm thoroughbred Polish! LOL!. That's VERY cool that she emailed you back on questions.What did she say about thinning bulked legs? (in a nutshell).

Hottie: I do understand that stupor feeling. You made me LOL at RELAXING with P57! Relaxing? and you used a weighted med ball? You are silly! You should be very sore later... Oh I know Hitler and the Holocaust is not something I really want to get into with Alex, so depressing. Sadly enough, he was initially wanting to find a biography on a hero of the Vietnam War. Oh my gosh, even sadder! Since that war was horrible and sad too. ... You also made me LOL at "destimulating" the economy! Yeah Beth!!! :p

Joanne: It's funny how sometimes I think, too, that the older Cathe workouts would be a little easier. NOT! Yep, we're supposed to get 5-10 inches starting tomorrow morning. A good ol' Nor'Easter. The boys were excited that they'd "get to go sledding"! YIKES! Not that and all those soggy clothes again!!! *shudder*

Almost time to head out to Springfield... not fond of the drive either, but I'll listen to some nice music to make it better. OH! And I get to read in the waiting room!! I do love that!

Oh! this is what's in my crockpot! :)

CROCKPOT MACARONI JACKPOT

CROCKPOT MACARONI JACKPOT
Crockpot Macaroni Jackpot

Serves 6 (1 1/3 cups)

16 ounces extra lean ground turkey or beef

3/4 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup (one 2.5-ounce jar) sliced mushrooms, undrained

1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup

1 3/4 cups (one 14 1/2-ounce can) stewed tomatoes, chopped and undrained

2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (I used whole wheat Penne)

1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, brown meat and onion. Spray crockpot with butter-flavored cooking spray. In prepared container, combine browned meat mixture, undrained mushrooms, mushroom soup, and undrained stewed tomatoes. Add uncooked macaroni and parsley flakes. Mix well to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Mix well before serving.

Chris, don't be too jealous of my TM run - I didn't go. My meeting ran late and it was then prime time at the gym. I hate to go down there and not be able to get on a treadmill. I was also thinking about the killer workout Cathe has scheduled for us tomorrow. :eek: Yikes. I think I need to give my legs a rest. Oh yea, and I was starving, too. ;) Well, I won't say enjoy your afternoon after your description of your ultrasound! ;) Fun stuff, huh? Thanks for the recipe - almost sounds like a stroganoff - sorta, kinda - with tomatoes. Good comfort food on a snowy day. I'm sure my kids will want to go sledding, too. I'm not sure if they'll have school tomorrow. They started doing late starts instead, which is good since they don't have to make up the days at the end of the year.

Quick reply..... I hope the biography turns out ok, but if it doesn't, and Joanne, for that holocaust study.... do you guys know about the movie "Paper Clips"? A must see.....

gotta run....

Hey!

Good news is that they saw me QUICK at the GYN and then moved up my ultrasound even quicker and I was out of there early! Bad news is, I didn't get to read my book! LOL!. .. Apparently there is nothing gynecologically wrong with me. Crap. what the heck is it? He said maybe it's a gluten allergy or lactose intolerance. I guess I'll have to look it up online and see what the symptoms are and what the treatments are. He said I could go see a gastroenterologist too. I really don't think I want to (even though my gastroenterologist is a hottie :eek:.) I'll try to do it on my own and see what happens. I mean, if it was a big tumor, they would have saw something , right?

A funny thing was, the ultrasound tech did the first part of the u/s on the outside of my stomach. When she was done she said it was time for the transvaginal u/s and that I could empty my bladder. Ummm.. I never drank water to FILL my bladder! No one told me to! .. But I piddled anyways.

GOOD news, Alex picked Robert E Lee (as his teacher suggested, thank god!)

Joanne
: Sorry you didn't get on the TM. But it's okay, we do enough on this rotation I think! :eek: what is tomorrow? I don't think I looked.... maybe I shouldn't? My crockpot dish smells yummYYYY. I'm making Perdue Chicken Patties for the kids, by the way. They wouldn't eat this. :p

Beth: I've never heard of that movie. is it for kids?

More good news , we scored some tickets for next week (school vacation) to see the Harlem Globetrotters! I'm excited!!! (probably more than the boys are!) My brother works for the Mass Mutual Center indirectly, so he got us a MAJOR discount on tickets!

Chris, glad to hear your visit went well and that they didn't see anything. It kind of sucks, though, to not know what the pain is from. I'm glad to hear your kids wouldn't eat your dinner - I was thinking it looked good, but only DH and I would eat it! Tomorrow's workout is HiitT 40/20 and THEN the kickbox bootcamp challenge from KickMax. Yikes. Lots of jumping around. That's going to be tough one. The kids have a late start tomorrow, so at least I can get up a little later to get some extra rest before tackling it! Oohh, I loved the Harlem Globetrotters when I was a kid! Never saw them in person, though. I'd still love to see them!

Beth, I looked up that paper clip movie - looks very cool. I'll have to see if we can rent it somewhere.

Have a good night all. I'm off to trudge (is that a word??) through the snow to get to the train, which I hope is on time!

Joanne

Paper Clips -- it's on netflix, for those who netflix. Chris, I think it's fine for older kids.... it's about a 6th grade class, I think -- maybe 8th grade -- something like that -- or maybe it's a whole middle school -- in some rural area in the south who is learning about the holocaust. Because they are all alike and have never experienced anyone of another race/religion/anything, they have a hard time understanding the whole thing. Somehow they decide that they are going to collect one paper clip for every life that was lost in the holocaust, and it's just an amazing learning experience. I think it should actually be required watching for kids that age -- really brings it home how massive the killing was.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.