**DAMAGE CONTROL TUESDAY**

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

I am up early to get my workout in before DS gets up and takes over my entire day again;) Not to mention that my mother is coming b/c she wants her hair done...so that will take up part of my afternoon. Its best I get my workout done now and over with.

I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday b/c as soon as I sit to the computer...there is a 2 yr old pulling on my pants leg:eek: I could have checked in last night but I figured no one would read it:)

I did do a 5 mile run yesterday and I am up early to get my weight workout in (that I was suppose to do yesterday).

I am going to read yesterdays thread..and then return:)

Lori:)

Wendy** There is nothing worse then things that happen to ruin your plans:( But nothing that a good workout can't fix:D Everytime I am in a bad mood, after my workout I am like a whole new person:) Gotta love it! glad to hear you had a good weekend, i thought that you would!

Jacque** Good job with the workout yesterday and getting us started! Are you training for any races this year?

Poochy** Hope you enjoyed yuor day with DH! And your night even more;) LOL

Dinan** Hope your day is less hectic. I was busy yesterday as well but I feel like I got alot accomplished.

I also think we found a home to rent in FL. $2500 for 10 days between 2 couples....its also a 5 bedroom home so if my brother and his wife decide to come,they can stay with us and it will be even cheaper.

Another exciting thing....DH adopted DD about 3 yrs ago (legally) and he keeps saying to me "you need to get her last name changed" Just one of those things that I kept putting off...hoping it would do its self cause I don't know how to do it! So when I go to get her birthcertificate yesterday for her passport, the ladies looks at me and says.."she is registered as a Hart" I was like Thank God! One less thing I have to do. I guess when he adopted her, her last name changed with it. Of course, that kind of fooled up the birth certificate and I have to wait a day to get it but who cares!

I will bb after my workout!

Lori

Last edited:
Good Morning Lori and all who follow. :)

I was supposed to get up earlier to get my Squeeze work out done early but that didn't happen. I still have time but I'd have to get movin' in like 5 minutes and I don't seriously see that happening. :p It's only 30 minutes long though. I can bang that out no problem after work along with my planned run (only 3ish miles I think).

Oh my word, do I have DOMS in my u/b. Amy kicked my arse y'day!;) My legs are also feelin' it alittle from Bodystrikes this time but not as much as the u/b is. :)

Lori: Hope you got your w/o done before DS got up. Congrats on finding a house to rent in Florida. That must be a load off your mind. When is your vacation?

Jacque: I don't know about no harm done. My weight is still off the wall. :confused: The wine was good though and I never drink that much of it at once so I don't care. :p One of these days I will get my act together and start using fitday again. I want to try calorie staggering again to see if that helps moves the # on the scale at all in some other direction but UP! :eek: Sorry you keep missin' the opportunity to get some cardio in. Isn't it frustrating?? See? You know how I feel now. :) Actually, the only reason I got so upset over missing my work out was because I had a run scheduled. I am supposed to run 4 days this week so I wanted to get on top of it right away so that it would be easier to fit it all in.

Guess that's all for now.
BBL.

Last edited:
Morning chickadees !

LM intervals 1-4 done ! Not enough time for abs this AM - game tonight so we'll see if I can squeeze it in before we leave?

Off to the shower & hoping to get back here today sometime.

Morning ladies ...

woke up to coler temps than expected .. was about 26 when I left this morning - supposed to drop to 21 tonight .. brrrrrrrr ..

No class today .. will teach tommorrow and Thursday instead .. not sure what w/o I will end up doing .. have errands at lunch ... ??? .. we will see what today brings!!!

Jacque .. I stuff my peppers w/ deer meat - rice - onion - shrooms - eggs - spices - a bit of cream of mushroom soup - catsup .. then bake at 225 for 1 1/2 hours .. OMG .. they were sooooooo good .. got one for lunch too!!! I too indulged in a few CABS last night :eek: hey what can I say I am on a roll :eek: .. I too say .. It is LIGHT beer (diet beer) .. so that is my story and I am sticking too it too!! LOL

Wendy ... I am w/ya on the DOMS .. my tris are so sore it hurts to the touch .. my UB is kinda screaming at me today .. and my calves are STILL hurting from Sat w/o :confused: I am thinking I may have strained or pulled my left calf ????

Lori ... congrats on finding a house .. that is a huge relief huh?? Now to work on that six pack ... LOL .. something tells me .. no worries .. you probably already have a six pack w/all the w/o you have been tackling lately!! ;)

Di .. man your temps have warmed up .. wow!! Enjoy .. we still have some kinda cool blast going on down here!!

OK . WHERE IS MISS ANGIE???? :rolleyes: missing you girl!!!

To all that follow have a great day .. and great sweaty w/os!!!! :D

Hi ladies,

DH had to get the 2 broken refrigerators out of the house this morning as they are being picked up today. I'm also getting rid of an old computer monitor. I tried to get rid of 2 old computers but the kids want them for some reason. One of them is completely dead and the other is probably 8 years old. They are just junk in the basement as far as I can tell.

I'm tiring of the CLX rotation. I only have 1 week left of this phase, thank goodness. I did take a look at the remainder of the rotation and there are only 2 cardio w/o for the whole 12 weeks. Of course you can order a 3rd cardio for this program from the BB site. I opted for Imax 2 this morning instead. I knew I was running short on time so I skipped blast 8 but fit the rest in. I may head over to the rec ctr for some leg weights.

It's supposed to get to 70 today and 71 tomorrow. It is beautiful and sunny outside. Thursday it cools down to 60 and Friday is back in the 40's for us.

I donated blood this morning and hit the 5 gallon mark! I'm so hungry too. That always happens when I donate blood.

Lori-glad to hear you found a rental property. You will have so much fun in Florida! I'm a tad jealous, can you tell. I remember paying a neighbor girl to watch my boys when they were little so I could run. I was usually only gone about an hour but it was for my own sanity. I'm sure it's difficult to exercise with a 2 yr old hangin' on yah all the time.

Wendy-I almost didn't get my w/o in this morning either. I was trying to help DH get the fridges outside and bring stuff up from the basement. I knew if I didn't head down right away I would miss my opportunity. Amy does get a little boring with the 3 sets, but it sounds like 2 sets works just fine!!:D

Jacque-Lowmax is a fun one isn't it!! Hope you are having a great day.

Laura-I'm loving the warmer temps while they last. I went for a 2 mile walk yesterday just to get out of the office. I may do that again. Have a great day!!

Angie-What are you up to girlie?? I heard on the news that NASCAR is being affected by the fuel prices. I never really thought about how much gas was used by all those race cars. Doesn't the racing start up pretty soon??

bbl

Hi Girls.

Fly by for now to report my work out. The run didn't pan out today :mad: but I came home and did Squeeze as planned then followed it up with half of Power Strike.

So I am seriously re-thinking my decision to train for this marathon in May. There are several factors involved which I can get into later if anyone is interested. There is a meeting TNT meeting on Thursday evening. I may still go to see if it gets me hopped up to do it but wisdom may dictate skipping it anyway. Whatever my decision, I need to make one quickly.

Gotta go to MIL's for dinner now...BBL!:)

Hey Girls,

I couldn't get away to the rec ctr but did manage to get out for a 2 mile fast paced walk. It was nice to simply get away from my desk for a bit.

Do any of you know how to add other DVD workouts in the workout manager? I would like to have one place to log everything but I cannot figure out how to create other dvd workouts and have them be selectable. I posted the question yesterday on the workout manager support forum but haven't had a response yet.

I finally got my shipping notice for the Tom Venuto book. I guess it should be here Friday or Saturday. I've been really good logging my food in the Cathe nutrition site so hopefully the scale will start heading in the right direction!

Wendy-Sorry the run didn't pan out. We will support you whatever your decide. Training for a marathon takes a lot of time commitment and not just from you. DH will need to be supportive of your running time which I'm sure he is anyway. I'm very comfortable with the HM myself. Well I wouldn't say comfortable, but doable for me and my tender feet. What is making you change your mind, if you don't mind me asking? Enjoy dinner at MIL's.

bbiab

Why I am reconsidering the marathon:

I don't want to do it because the training is going to be grueling and time consuming and I just don't think I have the fortitude to go through with it right now.
I don't want to do it because my weight gain is continuing on a slow and steady path upwards. I HAVE TO GET IT UNDER CONTROL! Running a lot is obviously not helping and my mileage is only going to increase from here on out! That being said, I am afraid that will not be possible while I am training for a marathon. I would hate to cross the marathon finish line weighing MORE then I do now. That would be a total buzz-kill and put a negative spin on the experience. I don't want that.
I don't want to do it because I don't feel I will be properly prepared to cross that finish line in the manner that I want to with only 2-3 months of real training under my belt. Sure, I could walk most of it but that's not what I was signing on for and I won't do it if I think that will be the outcome.
Had I realized that TNT starts training so late I might have gotten a jump on it myself sooner and maybe I'd feel differently right now.

I want to do it because it's a goal of mine as a runner that I would love to be able to put in my pocket and carry with me the rest of my life as I KNOW it'll be the toughest thing I've ever done in my life as far as a physical challenge goes.
I want to do it in memory of my dad. I want to be a part of TNT so that I can help raise money to find a cure for non-hodgkins lymphoma which is what took my dad from us just a week shy of his 55th Birthday. :(

All of that being said, I am not giving up on the idea of a marathon completely. I am just seriously considering holding off on it for a while....

In addition...before I logged on to the forums I shot an email to shopcathe to cancel my STS pre-order *gasp*....It has nothing to do with SNM and how they handled the pre-orders, etc. It was what I wanted when it was announced but it's just not anymore. I can't honestly say that I am just not excited for it to be released. I'd rather use the money on something else for now and if I find I really want it down the line then I'll be willing to fork out the cash for it at that time. I am not willing to let it sit on my shelf and collect dust like so much of my work out collection currently does. :eek:

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.