**Damage Control** November

rmrmr

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies,

Just getting us started for the new month. :)

I was planning on following the STS/LIS November rotation but Cathe hasn't posted it yet. I'm giving Afterburn a try this morning. I already know the discs don't work on my puzzlemats but have paper plates to sub if needed.

bbl

Good Morning.

Thanks for starting the new thread, Di!

Y'day was BR's Burpee Fusion.

Today is a rest day-lots more then usual lately but it's just the way things are for me right now...This too shall pass! :rolleyes:

Di:: I am hearing great reviews for Afterburn. So great infact that I am probably going to do a 30 min premix of it tmrw morning instead of waiting to do the whole thing this weekend! Bummer that the discs don't work on the puzzle mats but if you have paper plates that is a great solution atleast for now.

Laura:: Hope your pup is feelin' better soon! :(

TUE

Hey girlies ..

Hope everyone had a great SPOOKY Halloween!!! My Toots had to stay overnight .. she started throwing up and they wanted to keep her- :( - I have been really worried - but DH picked her up this morning and she is AT HOME :D she still is not eating .. so we are going to have to watch her close ... bless her heart!!!! but hey .. I am glad she made it thru surgery and she is at home where I can take care of her!!!

NO WORKOUTS TO REPORT :eek: :eek: :eek: I KNOW .. SOOOOOO NOT LIKE ME ... IDK .. I just have not had time or UMPH to get a workout in .. :( .. but tonight ... is circuit mish mosh .. think I am gonna do 3 pr 4 step torture!!!! GONNA KILL ME >> LOL ..

Wendy - whats up w/you not doing FB for a while??? have you had prblms????

Di - my FL friend said Afterburn is THE BEST .. hope paperplates work for it!!! looks awesome that is gonna be the first one I try!! Let me know how you like it!!

OK .. better run .. it is the FIRST of the month and INSANE in here!! UGH .. have a great one!!;)

Laura:: Glad your baby is home! Hope she's better soon! Sorry about the lack of work outs. I feel your pain. :( I am pulling the plug on FB temporarily to get a handle on it. It's a huge time suck for me (as the Cathe forums can be but I'll NEVER give them up! ;)) and I want to get it to a more reasonable level of use. Going cold turkey and starting over is the best way I think so that's what I am doing. Not sure how long I'll be away from it...depends how I feel about it as time goes on...a couple weeks, maybe a month? Time will tell!

Hi ladies,

So I discovered the discs will work on the carpet in the basement so I used the space availalbe. It's at the bottom of my stairs, next to my w/o area and it worked fine, other than I have to stand at an angle to see the TV. It's doable though. Afterburn was great this morning. I will probably go heavier with the weights where possible next time.

Cathe posted the LIS/STS rotation. Some of the w/o's look pretty long. I just printed it off and will peruse this site to get the times for each w/o documented. I think this is the rotation I will be following this month.

Laura-glad Toots is home. I can't even tell you how many pieces of candy I ate today. The small chocolate eyeballs etc. Nothing big, but plenty of small pieces...does that make it better?:D

Wendy-Nice job with Burpee Fusion!! I don't spend much time on FB. I try to check up on my family and friends every few days, but that's about it. That's why I had such a hard time with FB groups, I'm simply not on FB each day. You'll be missed, I always get a good laugh out of your posts!

Hi Ladies,

I'm heading downstairs for Intensity this morning. The rotation actually calls for Slide and Glide, but I don't have enough carpeted area to do that. I guess I could pick up all my mats, but that's a lot of work. I will have to figure something out shortly so I can use S&G. It's received some great reviews.

It's snowing again, expecting 5-10 inches and the roads are icy. Thankfully it's my standard work from home day anyway. :p

bbl to see what the rest of the crew is up to.

Good Morning Girls.

So this morning I did the Express Premix from Afterburn that includes all intervals one time thru. I enjoyed it alot. Some moves were tougher then others. Did I think it was really tough overall? No, but I liked it. I am assuming/hoping/figuring that when I do the work out in it's entirety where all intervals are repeated that it will be a lot harder. That's the plan for this weekend! Fingers crossed I am right! :)

Di:: Oh you are lucking out having it snow on your WFH days! I have been logging on to FB for a few mins here and there to read so I'm not totally gone but just not posting or anything. I'm on and off in a few minutes. Once I feel I can better control it, I'll be back to posting, etc. I miss it already!

WED

Hey girlies ..

Well .. my KNEE and SHOULDER are officially re-injured:( :mad: :mad: and I am ticked .. INJURED .. PMSing ... DOMSing ... ticked at DH .. stressed about my baby girl .. *sigh* .. my knee has been paining me .. but getting out of my chair ystdy at work it caught several times .. and in class it hurt on several moves .. now it is aching .. MY shoulder started by aching .. thinking I slept wrong .. last night was pushup torture .. and i felt it doing straddle pushups .. EEEOUCH!!! CRAP :mad::mad: ... so not sure what is in store for tonight .. working around my worn out body parts ...

Toots is home .. and i feel good about her being home - she is NOT eating which is worrysome ..but she is emotional kinda of dog .. so hoping by tonight she will be a bit better .. she got a shot this morning from me ... and she gave me a look that broke my heart .. you would have thought I KILLED her!!! :(

Di -SNOW!!!! YIKES .. it was 33 this morning .. and freezing .. that is bad enough cant imagine having snow!!!! WISH I could work from home ..

Wendy .. so you are FB addict???? LOL .. girl you are killing me!!!

OK ... gotta jet .. first of month and busy .. have a great one .. will BBL ...

Laura:: Sorry about your injuries! Be careful and get back in full working order soon! Your Toots sounds like such a wonderful baby! No wonder you love her so much! Hope her appetite returns soon. My dog was sick not all too long ago...wasn't eating much and when he tried he was throwing it right back up. Scared the bejeebers outta me. Thankfully whatever was wrong passed and he ended up being just fine after a few days. PHEW! Yup, FB addict reporting for duty! :p

Wendy .. did you check out today's BR post?? the new person .. SHE IS NO ZUZANA that is for sure .. her face was beet red and did NOT have the strength or stamina Zuzana does .. NOT GONNA BE THE SAME :confused:

Hi ladies,

STS Disc 1 is done! Doing this disc is having me strongly consider doing another STS rotation. Today's w/o is on the STS/LIS Nov rotation.

Laura-Hope you feel better. My shoulder has been healing nicely....taking forever though. The straddle pushups and decline pushups were painful. I'll be sticking to standard pushups for now. Gonna have to check out that BR Post with the Zuzanna imposter.

Wendy-I liked Afterburn, but I am not sore like so many have talked about. My legs definitely felt worked the next day, but not sore like heavy leg day makes them. I think this weekend I will move my puzzlemats...25 of them so I can try slide and glide.

bbl

Good Morning.

Wow does my backside hurt this morning from Afterburn!:eek:

Today's work out was Squeeze Stronger Upper Body and Waist Premix. Good stuff.

Laura:: Yup, I saw it. It is a bit disappointing but Z is still creating the work outs so even if the "host" is a dud, the work outs should still be azz kickers, you know? :)

THURS - one step closer to long weekend - woot woot!!

OMG .. It is INSANE in here .. have a sec .. wanted to touch base! THIRD of month .. checks dropped and it is crazy insane! I did a 1/2 arse class last night .. tried to work around my injuries ... so it was OK .. still sweated and arms are fried today .. yikes !!!! Not sure how I am gonna manage plyo tonight .. may have to do something else!!!

Di - I HOPE to get to new workouts this weekend .. coming out of my funk .. of course now INJURED ... TYPICAL .. just my luck!!!

Wendy - wonder why if Zuzana is gonna introduce the workout .. and create the workouts .. she cant just film herself .. the other girl is NOT motivating .. but yes .. the workouts still look good and hard ..

OK .. better run .. it is CRAZY .. will try to check back later ... have a great one!!;)

TGIF!!!

Hi Ladies,

Not sure if I will w/o this morning or not. DS had to be to school very early, I have an early morning meeting and will be leaving early today to get to DS's game. I'm already logged into work.....gonna be a long day.

I'm scheduling my foot surgery for December, so I'll be out of commission for about 6-8 weeks. I will still be able to do UB weights, and once I get out of the boot then I can do lower body weights. It should be all healed up in time to start my triathlon training!

Just throwing this out there, are either of you interested in doing STS again? I had to lower my weights in disc 1 from the last time I did this workout several months ago. My strength is definitely not the same as it was when I finished STS. I'm thinking of doing Meso 1 for 2 months....then in Jan starting with the new P90X2.

Laura-I need to go check out the new host on BR. I have to say that Zuzana is pretty motivating. Hope your injuries heal soon.

Wendy-Nice w/o this morning. I will be doubling up cardio/sts weights this weekend to stay on track with the Nov rotation.

Have a great day ladies!

Good Morning.

Wow my tush is still sore from AB and now my core and bi's are ON FIYAH from Squeeze! :eek:

This morning I did the 1-4 Express premix from Cardio Supersets and must say I was pleasantly surprised. Not thrilled upon previewing but much happier now that I've done some of it. Hopefully the 2nd half of the work out is just as pleasing. :)

Di:: I am planning on attempting another STS rotation but not til sometime after the New Year. Doing STS through the holidays would likely be a death wish for me...and unraveling of all of the hard work I did with WW to get the weight off. I am likely to gain some weight either way but based on my past experience, I will fair much better if stay away from STS until the holiday eating is done and whatever weight I may have gained is lost again. Good luck with it tho if that's what you decide to do! I actually might give P90X a shot before doing STS again! Things that make ya go hmmmm!:p

Laura:: Wow you are really riled up over the BR changes huh? :p I seriously could care less as long as I know how to execute the exercises properly and the work outs still kick my butt! :D

TGIF .. yayayayayyayayyaa

Hey .. quick post .. Friday .. fourth of month .. those who didnt show ystdy .. will be pouring in today w/reg fri payday people :confused: can you say CABs tonight??????

Last night was good - I worked around my injuries - I did light plyo combos - combining them differently - then in between segments .. did plank crawls .. burpees .. ins and outs and mountain climber combos .. :eek: :D that getting up and down is killer!!!!!!! TODAY IS TOTAL REST DAY!! .. and DATE NIGHT :eek: ;) :eek: ;) wooohooo

Di - i am seriously debating doing another round of STS ... I wanted to check out LiiT first .. and see how much UB stuff she does in it .. may do a combo rotation of LiiT and STS ... hhhmmmmmmmmmm I plan on doing Afterburn tmrw .. fINALLY .. woohoo .. oh and I did order P90X2 .. so starting JAN .. lets plan on doing a round of it for sure!!!!!

Wendy .. yes I am apretty bummed about Zuzana not hosting .. her body is just simply awesome .. and her personality shines thru .. a goodness you just really dont see that much anymore .. :(

OK .. better run ... getting busy ... TMWR AFTERBURN .. and yes I will check in to give a full review .. if it set Wendy's backside on fire .. mine will for sure be TOAST!!!

My team has the weekend off - woohooo .. (hope they practice :confused: ) .. but our rivals play #1 LSU .. I will still be yelling GOOOOO TIGERS .. LSU TIGERS that is .. LOLOLOLOL .. have a great one!!

Laura:: Yes, Z seems very sweet and down to earth. Good job workin' around your injuries with last night's class. Did you say CABS? I'm in! :D Meeting an ex-coworker tonight for a bite to eat and some CABS. Gotta blow off steam. Tough times for me these past couple months and just got tougher. :confused: I'll be okay though!!! ;)

Wendy .. sorry to hear things are tuff right now .. whatever it is you are strong and will make it thru .. hang in there girlie!!! {{{{{{ hugs }}}}} yes CABS sounds like they are in order for tonight for us!!!!!!! :) have a great one! ;)

Wendy .. sorry to hear things are tuff right now .. whatever it is you are strong and will make it thru .. hang in there girlie!!! {{{{{{ hugs }}}}} yes CABS sounds like they are in order for tonight for us!!!!!!! :) have a great one! ;)

Thanks Laura!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.