**Crazy, Strong & Loving it for 5/12**

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hallo and good morning,

I never got my UB tubing in yesterday, I was to tired. I did took a walk yesterday. My plan for today is to do UB tubing and take a walk with the dogs. I am so jealous about the workouts you guys do, I can’t wait to get a good workout in soon.

Debbie** thanks for asking about my nose! I had a lovely mother’s day on Sunday (I posted this on Sunday.! I woke up and my left nostril was completely blocked again, I couldn’t breathe. I also had green stuff coming down. I called the clinic in Regensburg and they told me to come in right away .Glad I did! The doctor shoved tampons (with meds to bring down the swelling) up my right and left nostril and cleaned out both nostrils. I have an infection in my left nostril again. I am so frustrated! I am back on antibiotic and she gave me more meds for the swelling, (I still have a lot of swelling, plus I was out of meds for the swelling). The meds will take care of my headache as well, which I have every day. She told me it’s from blowing my nose so much. No workouts for me this weekend! I felt so great the last few days, not sure what happened? My mother’s day, I ended up half day in the hospital. In the evening DH took me to a Greek restaurant here in Pressath, the food was awful, that was a total disappointment. I will never eat there again that’s for sure!
As far as my workout, I been doing a lot of walking and I use the tubing/ bands. I am not supposed to do heavy lifting or high impact stuff. Can you think of anything else I can do besides walking or tubing? Do you think I can start using Cathe’s weight training DVD and sub tubing (or even light weights)? That would work, right? LOL! Your workouts look great as always! WTG!

Patti** I am very frustrated! Can I even call doing tubing a workout? LOL! Nice job with your workout yesterday.

Rockie** nice job buying heavier weights! My kids bought me Cathe’s heavy red tubing for my b-day. I got it last week and I like it a lot. It comes with the door attachment. I found a lot of great travel exercises on the web. My b-day last week wasn’t better than mother’s day on Sunday. Glad you had fun with your workout yesterday.

Karen** WTG on your workout and weights yesterday!

Chris** sorry your MD was crappy too! At least you got a card from your DH, I didn’t get anything from mine. Now I am mad, he should gave me something.

Nori** awesome job with CC and disc 31! I miss doing CC!

I will be back to report my workout!

Have a great workout and day everyone!

Wow, I cannot believe how sore I am today. I am still sore from my chest/back workout I did last Friday and now my bi's and tri's are screaming at me.

Today I worked Shoulders and Abs and had a kickin' workout! Lots of energy today.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

1 minute rest between each set and exercise.

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Overhead Press:
25's - 3 sets/8 reps
***I was excited that I could use 25's. I haven't done this exercise heavy in a long time so this was cool.

Upright Rows:
45# - 3 sets/10 reps
***Good weight, this exercise tends to bother my right shoulder. It pinched a bit but no pain.

Bent Over Lateral Raise:
12's - 1 sets/12 reps
15's - 2 sets/12 reps
***I can usually go pretty heavy with this exercise. I concentrated on the movement and 15's were perfect.

Lateral Raise**:
12's - 3 sets/12 reps
10's - 1 set/12 reps
8's - 1 set/12 reps
5's - 1 sets/15 reps
***Did this as a drop set. After 3rd set with 12's I did the last three sets with no rest. Got a great burn.

Barbell Shrugs:
100# - 3 sets/15 reps
***Could have gone heavier. I have some good seperation with my shoulders and traps. Love this exercise.

ABS
Triset:
Knee Raise - 15 reps
Woodchops - 15# - 15 reps
Oblique Twists on elbow - 12 reps each side
***Did three sets of these with 1 minute break between each triset.

That is all.....

Belinda - I'll get back to you later, I need to get to work.

Good Morning,

Today is some kind of cardio, you would think after using 20lbs for some exercises I would be sore but not the case nothing hurts.

Debbie-have a good day at work. Great workout which ones are you using or are you freestyling it.

Belinda-enjoy your walk and tubing. I would consider the tubing a workout Chalean has someone using the tubing in CXL.

Everyone have a good day.

Good Morning!

Belinda: Hope you get a good walk and UB work today! I know , it's hard having to modify your workouts. I went nuts last Fall when I broke my toe. I ended up getting on DH's bike for cardio. Do you have access to a bike? I love riding !!

Debbie: Congrats on all those DOMs!!! Shoulder shrugs with 100#s and you needed to go heavier?!?! :eek: You never fail to shock me! LOL!...

Roxie: I was thinking, you should try to eat something else with that morning muffin. Maybe a fruit or better yet some protein! And maybe vary your proteins during the day too. Turkey or low fat cheese or an egg? You ate a lot of nuts! LOL!...

Nora: Nice workout yesterday! You must be feeling better!

As for me, I'm going to do a 30 minute something at home (probably LIS or HIS) and then a run at the park with my iPod after. Oh, will also do some ab work...

Will check back later!!

Good morning,

I did my UB workout this morning plus I took a walk with the dogs!

Biceps w/ red Resistance tubing:

biceps curls (with door attatchment) 4 sets 15 reps
reverse crip curl 4 sets 15 reps
concentration curl 4 sets 15 reps
hammer curl 4 sets 15 reps
standing sideways (not sure what your call that one) with the door attatchement 4 sets 15 reps

I am thinking doing triceps later:eek:

Thanks Debbie! Have a great day! Your workout rocks as always!

Rockie** what is CXL? I hope tubing is considered a workout, otherwise I feel like the Biggest Loser! LOL! Enjoy your cardio today.

Chris**I don't like riding the bike:mad: put to change things up, I guess I will give it a try! Enjoy your cardio today.

Hi to everyone that follows! BBL!

I wanted to continue sleeping this morning for another 8 hours - instead I got up to work out. I did 4ds LIS cardio only + cardio and weight abs. Thats it for me today. We've got a department meeting today at work and I dread every minute of it.

Biggest Loser Finale tonight!

Belinda-it is CLX Chalean Extreme.

Eats for today
Brkfst-Special K cereal, grapefruit and wheat toast
Snack-almonds and banana
Lunch-huge salad
Snack-live active colby cheddar, grapes
Supper-grilled butterfly chops, grilled potatoe, and corn

Belinda - I am so sorry to hear you have an infection again. What on earth can be causing that? I feel so bad for you. Sending prayers and hugs your way. I sure hope it gets cleared up soon!

Roxie - I'm doing freestyle right now.

Chris - LOL Chris! I'm feeling those shrugs already! :eek:

MEALS FOR TODAY

Low calorie day

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Whipped Vanilla BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. PB
M4: Turkey patty w/avacado & provolone cheese on 1 slice whole wheat bread
M5: 1/2 c. cottage cheese mixed with cilantro salsa
M6: Parmesan Tilapia; salda w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. PB

1501 calories
54 g. fat - 32%
135 g. protein - 36%
126 g. carbs - 34%

My chocolate pancake turned out ok last night without using the Nesquik and the strawberry jam. I added agave nectar. I think today I will add a bit more agave because it just wasn't all that sweet. Actually, maybe I'll ad a dash of vanilla extract and see how that tastes.

The salmon I had yesterday was excellent. I got it a Wal Mart. Very good flavor.

I have logged all my food for today in myfitnesspal and I am only going to be at 1089 cals not enough for the day and that doesn't include exercise calories so please help me figure out where or what I need to add extra. Thank You all in advance.

Hey everyone! Terrific workouts today! I did Low Max this morning- felt that I shouldn't jump. I did Mindy Mylrea's Intervals Express hi/lo before my Ab Circuits weights and plates yesterday afternoon so I wanted something lower impact. I burned 576 calories this morning- less than I used to for this workout. I have major DOMS in my chest, shoulders and triceps from Sunday's workout. :eek:

Chris: I meant to tell you that the last time I made that refried bean casserole, it was a bit spicy for me too. I think it might be the green chiles- I may leave those out and put in a can of diced tomatoes instead next time.

Roxie: I think you might need a little more fat- maybe drop the potato or the corn or the toast and sub a little peanut butter or maybe use olive oil dressing on your salad? Are you getting any protein with the salad? I'm not one to preach that carbs are bad by any means, but you have a lot in your day today- bananas and grapes are 2 of the highest sugar fruits, plus you have cereal plus toast, corn plus potato at dinner. You might consider one or the other at each of those meals. HTH.

Beautiful day here- heading outside for some bubble blowing with the kids. :)

Roxie - I agree with Patti. I think you need to add some chicken breast pieces or tuna to your salad, you definitely need to eat more good fats and protein. Add some peanut butter in too.

Thanks Patti and Debbie, I haven't eaten the grapes yet so I can take them off. I used Red Wine Vinegar as my salad dressing. I only eat the toast because I can't eat grapefruit after cereal.

Hey again...

I ended up doing just the first part of Mindy Mylrea's Step off of Intervals. I got lost! Why I think I can put in a non-Cathe step video and just DO it , I don't know! But I liked her style, and , OMG..the nipple comment? LOL!! I ended up doing the IMAX2 Premix: Blasts only. Good interval workout , and fun and sweatY!! I did Kathy Smith's Tummy Trimmers: Stability Ball to shake things up afterwards.

After a snack and a break, I went to the park for a 30 minute run. But my legs are really sore and achey today. (BEFORE the run) and I have no idea why. Haven't done a leg workout since last Wed (Meso 3 Plyo). It was almost painful to run. *sigh* I did enjoy being outside though, and soaking up the fresh air at the park.

I made your Choc/PB Pancake, Debbie! ... I used a powder Peanut Butter , PB2, instead of reg. PB. (It has 54 calories, 2 g Fat, 4.5g Protein). Anyways, VERY good! thanks for the idea!!

Patti
: Oh thank you! I thought I was "wimpy" thinking your Cheese & Refried Bean Casserole was too spicy! Maybe using mild salsa instead might ease it up too.

Roxie: I always put 1 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on my salad, along with Balsamic Vinaigrette dsg (fat free). that's a great oil AND a good addition of calories!

Here's what's in my crockpot now. It calls for chicken, but I have lean pork, boneless ribs, since they were on sale:

Bbq Crockpot Chicken

2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 1/2 cups ketchup
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes -- ground
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix all ingredients for the sauce in the crockpot. Add the chicken, try to coat
it well in the sauce. Cook on high 3-4 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked
all the way through. Then shred or cut up the chicken, and replace it in the BBQ
sauce in the pot; mix it all up so all the pieces are coated.

You can keep the crockpot on low to keep the chicken warm for serving on hard
rolls.

Per Serving: 127 Calories; 1g Fat; 10g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary
Fiber; 23mg Cholesterol; 935mg Sodium.

Roxie: Skip the cereal, use 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread with peanut butter and chase it with the grapefruit- just a suggestion to help you get some fat in your breakfast and cut back on the processed carbs.

Chris: Your recipe sounds better I think! Mine seems more of a fall/winter type of dinner but I had the ingredients handy so I made it anyway. I listed the brands of what I used since that is how I figured the nutritional info.

Comforting Crock-Pot Turkey Stew

1.25 lbs lean turkey tenderloins, cut into one inch pieces and fat removed (Honeysuckle White Turkey Tenderloins)
1/3 cup onion, chopped
8 ounces cut carrots
4 cups frozen squash mix (2 bags of Stahlbush Island Farms Diced Butternut Squash)
3 cups chicken broth
½ cup uncooked wild rice or wild/brown blend (Rice Select Royal Blend Whole Grain Texmati Brown & Wild Rice With Soft Wheat & Rye Berries)
1 15 ounce can white kidney beans (TJ’s Cannellini White Kidney Beans)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp coriander
½ tbsp garlic salt (optional- just put in some minced garlic if you want)
½ tbsp salt (optional)
½ tsp pepper

In slow cooker, put onions on bottom, next carrots, rice, squash, meat, and beans on top. Mix spice ingredients into chicken broth and pour into slow cooker, over the other ingredients. Cook on low for approximately 7-8 hours. Stir lightly after 2 hours and hourly after that, if you can.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION

TOTAL MEAL:
Calories / 1563
Carbs / 188g
Fat / 7g
Protein / 191g
Fiber / 50g

Chris: The Mindy workout- I just did it last week and had some hiccups in it, too. I even previewed it- I think her cuing isn't exactly bad, but kind of spur of the moment. She gets chatty and forgets to mention what is coming next or something. It's weird. But I still liked the workout- killer intervals and a terrific intense 40 minutes. Give it another shot sometime.

Good afternoon ladies!:D

Here's Today's workout I did:

iTreadset6-20min
Calories burned= 246
Distance= 1.62 miles
BPM's ranges 99,135,143,147,149-for the most part I was at 75% to 83% of my max heart rate. Definitely in the zone.

Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Combat Surge= 88 min
Calories burned= 961
This was a really fun workout with some things that were different for me. I love med ball so that was fun, and the weighted bar strike was new and challenging. The kickbox was fun too, I think she was very good at cueing and clear. I'm glad I got this new workout to add to my workout DVD library.

That's it for me today ladies. WTG!!! Applause!! on all your workouts, you ladies rock!

Seeya all at tomorrow's check in have a great day!:)

Hugs!

Nora

Workout complete here are the stats:

Basic Step (1 set of risers)
29min
26 in the zon
153 avg hr
174 max hr
228 cals burned

Total Body Stretch
13min
1 in the zone
103 avg hr
136 max hr
47 cals burned

Cable and internet out nothing better to do.

Good evening and good morning to me,

I forgot to post my triceps workout, I did it late afternoon! I kinda broke my workouts up:p

- resistance bands triceps push down 4 sets 15 reps
- close crip tube triceps press 4 sets 15 reps
- multiple triceps extensions 4 sets each 15 reps
(I hit all 3 heads of the tricpes, I did 12 sets total)

Rockie** thanks for the info! I try to stick with Cathe’s DVD’s, I don’t buy anything else anymore. I am always disappointed trying out other workout DVD’s. LOL!

Debbie**Thanks for the prayers and hugs! I have no idea what is causing my nose to be infected again? I know I am getting frustrated. I have trouble with my nose since March 29! That is a long time. I am on antibiotic, but it’s not kicking in. You have no idea how bad I want to work out.

I will take to you later:eek: I need more coffee! BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.