**Crazy, Strong & Loving It for 4/23**

Today was Shoulders and Abs. Had a great workout. Still hate shoulder work but todays workout wasn't too bad.

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minute rest between each exercise.

SHOULDER
Dumbbell Upright Rows:
17's - 8 sets/10-8 reps (up 2#)
***Good weight, HR spiked with this exercise.

Dumbbell Overhead Press:
10's - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***HATE HATE HATE this exercise! Big time lactid acid builds with this one every time.

Lateral Raise:
10's - 8 sets/10-9 reps
***These are getting easier.

ADDED: Front Raise w/Band:
Purple: 8 sets/11-10 reps
***These burned.

Dumbbell Shrugs:
25's - 8 sets/15 reps
***Good weight.

ABS
Oxygen Trisets:
Knee Raises
Bench V-Ups
Bench Reverse Crunch

***Did 4 sets, 1st triset at 15 reps each, 2nd at 12 reps, 3rd at 10 reps and 4th at 8 reps. Added the set of 8 this time. Got a great burn.

HR STATS:
60 minutes
6 minutes below zone
50 minutes in zone
4 minutes above zone
446 calories burned
:cool:

That is all....

Belinda - Hope you are getting better!

Today was more cardio for me. I was going to do yoga and "rest" during my recovery week - however I had way too many cheese balls yesterday and I felt like I needed to work hard - even though the scale was very forgiving this morning. :)

So, this morning I did Mindy Mylrea's Interval Express! I haven't done this one in a long time. I really have to be in the mood to work hard when I do her workouts. The sweat was just pouring down my face and back. It was great! :) My legs are a little sore today because last night I took the dog out for a short run - but its all good. :)

Good Morning,

Tonite is Burn Interval 2mins of intense cardio followed by endurance type wt work and then ab burner.

Debbie-great workout as usual, I need your drive.

Karen-good job with the sweatfest sometimes we just need one.

Everyone have a good day.

Morning! I did a weird bunch of stuff- Kelly Coffey Meyer's 30 Minutes to Fitness Bootcamp, cardio only, 6 combos of Tracey Staehle's Hi/Lo Med Ball, Amy Bento's Hi / Lo Knockout abs and Stretch Max with the stability ball- burned 629 calories.

Karen: You suck! Just kidding- but then I read about you doing workouts I don't have and I WANT them! Enabler!

Roxie: WTG on getting these workouts done- I'm happy for you. Plus, how nice is it to have your house back??

Gotta run! Later amigas!

Ha, I just checked Netflix and they have Mindy Mylrea's Interval Express! Cool, now I can avoid paying $$$ for it. :cool:

Patti - I thought the same thing about some of your workouts. I don't have any of Tracey Staehle's but have been previewing them on Collage the last few weeks...still on the fence about purchasing anymore DVD's.... My DH will take my CC away soon! Also, I only have one of Amy's workouts but would like more...Do you have an opinion on which ones are your favorites???

ps. Good find on Netflix! Do they also have Extreme Intervals or Strength Express? Both of those have been favorites of mine as well. (but not lately, Cathe is getting in the way!)

Hey Girls!

I did 4DS Kickbox and Abs and the TBS Ball Stretch #1. THAT felt good. My legs have some pretty good DOMS from Plyo yesterday!! :eek:

Thanks for your feedback on the STep grooves yesterday. I contacted Amazon (that's where I bought it) and they gave me some info to get in contact with STEP company. I will TRY to do that today! :eek::eek: But i want to ask if that's how they are made.

Okay, I better run! CYA all later!!

Karen: I like Tracey- some of the production is better than others and as for cuing, she's not Cathe. But if I preview it once and do it once I'm pretty good to go. I really really like High Intensity Step Mix 2- reminds me of IMAX 2 and is really fun. I can't recommend that one enough. Steady State Step is also fun but the production on it isn't as good. As for Amy, I do not have her step. Correction, I have ASC 3 but haven't tackled it yet. That's on my list for the future. For her cardio, I have Kickbox Xtreme, Hi/Lo Xtreme, In the Ring and Hi/Lo Knockout. I think Hi/Lo Knockout is my favorite- terrific music. It is hi lo (obviously) with kickbox-like intervals between the 4 combos. It is a killer workout but lots of fun. I previewed it once and did it and was fine- that's not to say that I got every step but I wasn't staring at the damn TV speechless or anything.

Oh and yes, I put several on Mindy's in my queue. I have one of Patrick G's step workouts right now. :) DH complains to me because I use up our DVDs with my workouts. Ha!

Wow, that was long. Sorry. :)

Debbie-I feel like when I eat 6 small meals a day I gain more wt. I usually eat a yogurt and banana for morning snack then cheese or almonds and fruit and veggie for afternoon snack. I guess I just need to eat less at meal time. Brkfst is usually cereal toast and grapefruit. I have been eating a pb sand made with natural pb baked lays and some kind of fruit.

Patti - thanks for the information! I will definitely be looking into those tonight! (another birthday present for myself won't hurt, eh?) Let me know what you think of Mindy - some people don't like her - I think she's funny though. :)

Tell your DH to be quiet and instead be glad that you are putting the service to good use!!

Checking in -

Yesterday I ended up doing Slo/Mo Chest/bi/tri. And today I did Slo/Mo Legs. I was considering walking down to the school (1mi downhill) when school lets out, and walking the kids home - wearing my 10lb Xvest. We are supposed to have showers off and on today, one just went through. Otherwise, maybe I'll do a CoreMax later.
Chris, let me know what kind of info you get on the STEP.
Nice workouts Roxie. I bet your feeling like there is a bit more order in your home now that your kids are gone. More time for you and your workouts! Good work!
So, I've been eating pretty clean the last month or so. My husband has actually been attempting to eat my clean meals, too. And he's been pretty consistent with his workouts, too. (a fairly new thing for him) Anyway....each of us weighed ourselves this morning and we're both down about 2lbs!!! And you know what he says?!?!!? (he's pessimistic) "Scale must be broke." WHAT?!?! I don't weigh myself often - I thought I would be 135 forever! Now there's a chance I can cross my legs in public in a pair of shorts this summer!
Good day to you, and good times.....

Hey again...

Wendy, that's AWESOME on losing 2 lbs! I know I would also be tickled pink to lose 2 lbs. I've been fighting the same 5 lbs for a few years!!

I did get to talk to the STEP people, and they told me it was normal to have those grooves, and assured me it wouldn't have any effect on the wear and tear, or possibly tripping. So, I guess I'll keep it "as is". I did use it once for the PLYO LEGS and it worked fine!

Gotta run...

Good Afternoon ladies!:)

Today's workout:

Cardio Coach Vol. 4 my short mix= 22 min
Calories burned=270
Distance= 1.5 miles
Wup=(4:49)BPM= 112-129- 60% to 73% MHR
Challenge 1=(8:14)BPM on sprints=137,142,145=77%,79%,81% MHR
Cool Down= (3:09) 125 BPM= 69% MHR.
Stretch=(6:17)

4DS-HIS-Premix- LIS cardio only & stretch= 37 min
Calories burned= 328

Jillian Michaels Lose Weight iFit card Level1 Prgrm #2 wk#3
20 min power walk not so fast but made intense by using TM incline. speed never went past 3.5 MPH, but incline went from 0 to 8. Phew!
Calories burned in 20 power walk= 191
Distance= 1.08 miles
BPM range= 112-126 and a little at 129.

STS-Ab Circuits- No equipment Abs= 17 min. Wow! those will definitely be giving me the gift of DOMS. No equipment abs does not mean not really effective, those work the abs hard!!!

That's it for my workout today. I did originall plan to do Amy Bento's ASCII but my knee was not happy so I decided I'd do LIS with Cathe and gang instead, my knee was happier plus it was easier for me to keep up with choreography wise with my bum knee.

Debbie- Awesome workout as usual. Is your shoulder still giving you grief? Or did I misunderstand. If it is, maybe go see the doctor, don't want you to be injured.

Not sure if it was Karen, or Patti that had mentioned in a previous checkin this week that they did Tracey Staehle's Strike Zone. Well, I was curious so I checked out that video clip at Collage video, and was really impressed. See, what you did you enabled me, so I ordered it but at totalfitnessdvds.com instead. I also purchased Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickbox, and Kelly Coffey Meyer- 30min to fitness Kickboxing. I love kickboxing and all of Cathe's stuff I like a big variety. So, I'm done being enabled, for now LOL!!! FYI, for those of you that like AOS they now how those there. I emailed them a couple of months ago and they contacted Anthony and he decided to have them carry his videos too. Yay!!!

Anyways, it sounds like you all have been working hard today, that's awesome great work! Bravo!!!

Hugs, ;)

Nora

Last edited:
I just finished a puke status workout and I wish I would have done this one sooner. Chalean Burn Interval 2min cardio 2 min 5lb wts.

Stats:
47min
41 in zone
156 avg hr
185max hr
374 cals burned
had to stop on some of the exercises was getting light headed.

Ab Burner
11min
6 in the zone
127 avg hr
158 max hr
61 cals burned.

Thank You everyone for your encouragement and yes it feels great having my house back and no dogs to get in my way.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.