**Cheetahs Long Run Friday 1/16***

JAFitMama

Cathlete
Hi Cheetahs

As the title indicates, I am doing a long run today, ( long for me 11 miles) It will be the last long run before the race. And it will be on the TM because of a wind chill and frigid temp advisory.

After the run, and a few domestic chores and such DH and I will start the weekend with dinner out. ;) Even in this cold snap, we are not missing dinner out.

Ok friends, make it a great weekend and stay happy!

Wendi- Are you getting the Rock Hill e mails? They are organizing some training runs on the course.

I believe I am caught up with personals at this point.

:D Good Morning Judy and all Cheetahs who follow. :D

Judy: What will you be watching or listening to while on the TM today? Enjoy your dinner out!

I'm all caught up on personals from last night as well.

I'll be doing the first upper body split work out from Slo Mo after work today.

BBL!

Wendy- I am not sure yet, I am thinking a movie would be nice for a change. I may ask Nemo ;) for a suggestion.

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...Thank re: my intervals. I am happy to be getting some speed back! Are Amy's new workouts done yet? Good job with the iTread yesterday. Hope you like Amy's slow Mo upper split better than the premix.

Judy...11 miles on the TM sounds tough. Enjoy your day!

Jackie...Sounds like the CLX workouts are just what you wanted...:)..Thanks re: my tough 7 miles...

Today is MM upper, abs, and a 5-6 mile tempo run.

Have a great day...:)

Judy: LOL. Nemo is a cute nick name. :)

Carole: Yeah I'd say you are getting some speed back. :) I have done Slo Mo as produced and did enjoy it so I don't expect anything different this time. I will say though that she seems to over-do the reps/sets in some exercises for what is supposed to be a heavy lifting work out. I may skip the 3rd set of some exercises if it's too much. Enjoy your work out today.

Wendy..Thanks...:)...I agree that Amy does over do the reps a bit making Slo Mo a bit more endurance based. I just liked the different exercises she does that I had not seen before.

Today is a glorious rest day for me and tomorrow will be my "long" run, though it is only 6 miles this week.

However, it is only a "rest" day from exercise. It has been far from rest in every other way. And I have people walking in my door as I write, so I will be back tomorrow for personals.

I am back to report that I did 11 miles on the TM while watching Sex And The City Movie. Happy Dance!!!!!

Good morning, lovely Cheetahs!

I'm feeling really good today. I think the R&R is helping a ton. I'm trying to not push things so much and just let things come back naturally. For the time being, I'm letting the April mary plans sit on the back burner. Realistically, I'm not sure it's in the cards at this point. Perhaps the Sept 26.2 is the one for me after all. Anyway, I'm trying to focus on getting healthy & doing well at the HM 3/21. I've been dealing with enough stress the last little bit. I don't think self-induced stress is helping! ;)

Today will be a short cardio and upper body. Haven't quite decided which ones yet.

Laura: My DH has done the same thing from time to time with the thread. I think he's just curious to see who I'm chatting with every day! :) I've heard about seasonal rotations before-- that sounds like an interesting article! Sounds like you had a great run yesterday! Enjoy your "rest" day. Oh, and BTW FamilyLobby.com has a great signature creator if you're looking for that new Cheetah siggy. :D Here's the direct link: http://www.familylobby.com/create-glitter-text-graphics.asp#glittertext

Judy: Thanks re:neighbor's passing. Yes, I think we are more than ready for a break from the funerals. I had forgotten about that saying. Eerie. Your yoga class sounds fabulous!!! :D It's fantastic you have so many good friends to support you. WTG with your long run today! 11 miles on the treadmill!!! :eek: Have a wonderful night out! ;)

Wendy: LOL about the foam roller "hurting like heck!" :D Oh yeah, you hit those tight spots and YOWZA! :) It is really helping though. I think it helped the post-Leaner Legs recovery too. Usually I get quad & hamstring DOMS from that one, and I'm only feeling it in the inner thigh today. Interesting.

Carole: ITA about diet playing a role with depression. Mood disorders are pretty common on my mom's side of the family. I struggled with severe depression for a couple of years in college. While I think antidepressants are good (and perhaps necessary) for some, I myself have had much better results with diet & exercise. When I find myself a little "off" it's usually when I'm stressed or not taking care of myself. Sounds like we're workout twinners today, I was thinking about pulling out MM upper as well. :)

Wendi: Great workout yesterday! I love that straddle-tap blast in Imax 2 as well. :D

Jackie: Yes, DH is pretty funny with the roller. I think he's pretty blown away by how tight he really is! :D Hope all is well with your friend in the hospital.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!!!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Judy - Friend's cousin called last night and said he was still able to talk. Hopefully, this weekend, I'll get an even better report. Good job increasing the weights. How was your run on the TM? Enjoy dinner! Nice way to start your weekend. Stay warm. I see the run went well. Good to get it over and done.

Brighton - Glad the workout and rolling boosted your spirit yesterday. Putting the marathon off sounds like a good plan. Maybe your body was rebelling. Take it slow and easy and yes, get healthy.

Wendy - Good job with the run yesterday! I'm sure there are quite of few of us with a nice dvd collection. Have fun with Amy today. Hope it's better than the premix. She doesn't balance the workouts in some of the premixes.

Carole - Have a good MM sweat and tempo run! What's your longest tempo run. They're my least fav.

Laura - Enjoy your rest day!

I did Burn Circuit #3, the rest of Burn Intervals and Extreme Abs. I used the band instead of weights with Burn Intervals. I think I'll alternate between the bands and weights next week and see how that goes.

Have a fantastic day!

I for one am Happy it's FRIDAY. However, I have been to busy to settle down so far. Took Lucky to her first beauty salon appointment at Pet Smart. She got the works and is now a fresh smelling doggie. She didn't like her nails trimmed though. Then I went to get groceries for dad and us and now I"m back home again. Whewww. Then I found a surprise in the mail today. I got AOS Providence. Today I did Iron Core again becasue it was the first time this week I could walk again:eek:. I'm sure now Providence will leave me crying getting up and down off the toliet.:p:p:p. Have a great day.

Good Afternoon Ladies! :D

Today's work out was Slow Mo Back and Shoulders: I did 2 sets of each exercise, went heavy and had a great work out. Only complaint is that I'm not a huge fan of the alternating dumbbell rows on the ball. I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. I may just do standard one arm rows instead. I followed that up with another stab at Squeeze LB Challenge and like it even more then I did the first time! :)

So tmrw evening I am going to BF's house. I plan to sleep there. She is co-hosting a *ahem* toy party with another friend of hers. Should be interesting. I went to one of these at my SIL's. It was fun but embarrassing too. We'll be drinking though so the embarrassment may be minimal. ;) :D

Karen: Glad you got Lucky groomed and she looks and smells pretty now. I love the way my dog smells and feels after he gets groomed. Too bad it only lasts a few days. :p

Brighton: Glad it's friday or something? :p

Jackie: Let us know what you like better: band vs weights! I'd be willing to be that most around here have a "rentable" collection! LOL

Judy: Good job on the 11 mile TM run! Very commendable!:)

Carole: I am not sure what the story is with the new Amy work outs. I *THINK* they will ship in April but am not positive. I enjoyed today's Slo Mo work out MUCH more then the other day's. :)

That's all for now. BBL!:)

Holy CRAP. Are you kidding me!!!!! I just watched Providence and I'm in awe. I seriously need to go to Target and get a smaller kettlebell for some of those moves. I'm totally pumped to do this workout though. I just hope and pray I will be able to walk and move my entire body. :eek:

Judy- Nice job on the 11 miles. I just got Sex and the City from Netflix. Can't wait for the kids to go to bed to watch it.

Hi all... just back to post my workout o' fun today... I did CTX Kickbox cardio only followed by the MM upper body push/pull premix. :)

Karen: Yay!!! I'm happy to hear Lucky had a fun day at the "beauty salon." :) Oh man, have I been there with the clipping of the nails. One unfortunate day I took my baby Domino to get her nails clipped... let's just say this-- I will never wear a leather jacket to PetSmart again!!! She totally clawed it up. :( LOL about getting on & off the toilet-- that is me after B&G!!! :eek: I have to admit, you and Wendy are getting me interested in kettlebells...

Wendy: Am I that obvious? :rolleyes: Yes, I am glad it's Friday. A funeral is never a good way to start off the week-- I am really ready to cut loose a little and take a breather. :D Have fun at your party tonight!!! ;)

Laura...Enjoy your rest day.

Brighton...I think your thoughts on putting off the mary til Sept are good. Marathon training can be very grueling...:)...I bet you will do great with the HM in March. I have found that injuries can too play a role in depression (which can start a nasty cycle of bad eating, weight gain, insomnia, etc!). I do feel anti-depressants are good if used in the right way, so far exercise has always worked for me too. Looks like you had fun with MM...:)...Happy Friday to you...:D

Jackie...MM is one of my very fav endurance workouts, always gets the right spot. I am not sure about my longest tempo run? 5 or 6. I know you are not a fan of them but do them different going by my HR. Good job with the Burn workouts.

Karen...I bet Lucky is beautiful after the salon treatment...:)..You are really rocking with those KB workouts.

Wendy...Glad you enjoyed Slo Mo this time. I bet you will have a blast at BF's party tomorrow night.

Had a very nice day once again. I cannot believe I can lay out in the sun in January!! 78 today! We are so screwed as we sorely need rain...:(..Off to watch some Tivo things I recorded...:)

Holy CRAP. Are you kidding me!!!!! I just watched Providence and I'm in awe. I seriously need to go to Target and get a smaller kettlebell for some of those moves. I'm totally pumped to do this workout though. I just hope and pray I will be able to walk and move my entire body. :eek:

Don't worry girl. You'll be able to do it. Providence is the same as KBYW which I have. It's an awesome work out..definitely a challenge but nothing you can't handle. You'll be fine!:)

You can count on some DOMS though...that's for sure!;)

Just trying out my new signature.

Edited to say: Oh, yeah!!! It worked.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.