**CHEETAHS**Feeling HOT on Friday

LauraR

Cathlete
{{{{{TROPICAL VIBES}}}}} coming to all you snowbound Cheetahs from this African Cheetah who just rocked her first 10 miles!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

NOOOO! No tropical vibes here, please! It’s ski season!!!!!!

Happyyyy Fridayyyyuhhh, as Posh would say!!
:D :D :D

YEAH, BOYEEEEE!!!

Christine—*lol* about you working with some who act like pre-schoolers. :p IA—Chalean’s personality seems fine to me…Glad the zinc’s made a difference for you. How is Ved doing? Good thing for DD16 those noisy humidifiers are outta there!

Carole—awesome interval session!! Doin’ the fast feet shuffle there! Now ya know, I may return the favor and jump in on the Napa course with you, but I’ll hafta be on Christine’s bike, so’s I can keep up witcha! :D I did wind up with some hammy DOMS from Squeeze LBC, so I’ll have to keep it in the mix as a solid add-on. Having a good chuckle at your scaring your DH. :D

Linda—you were right—some hammy DOMS kicked in as the day wore on. So it'll be a keeper, but probably as an add-on, like with the original Squeeze. Can’t wait to give Squeeze Stronger a go…Ooh, Burn Intervals sounds good. Are you nearly caught up at work?

Brighton—thanks for the carrot cake recipe, mmm!

Jackie—my realistic nightmares used to always involve being unprepared for work in some way. Don’t really have those anymore. Guess it was just early in my teaching career. Now I dream I’m being chased by bears! *lol* Ha about the color-coded pacifiers!! I’m very interested in finding the fix for the foot numbing, too.

Karen—sorry it didn’t work out with Lucky, but something a little smaller for DD6 sounds like it might be best. Good luck!

Wendi—glad you liked the Perfect Pushups. They’re tough, aren’t they?

Shelly—oh, I just HATE when the ice gets layered on the windshield like that! We luckily escaped that particular storm. Good idea staying warm with a good book and a cycling session…Your DSis has been reassigned to Luxembourg?? Fantastic news!...My week back at work has been great—and fairly quick. The project we’ve been working on was due at the end of class yesterday, so I’ll have my work this weekend. :)

Laura—good job getting in your 10. Posted personals to you on Wednesday's thread, in case you missed it.

Last night was a 30 minute yoga session and an early crash. Hit the spot! This evening will be Squeeze Stronger.

Have a fantastic day!

Good Morning Cheetahs and HAPPY FRIDAY! :)

Yesterday I ran 3.40 miles. Today will likely be da bells. Tomorrow will be a 6 mile run.

Carole: I almost caved yesterday. I pulled up the CLX website and thought about it but I regained control and did not order it....YET! :D

Christine: We definitely will not be spending an arm and a leg on a laptop when we get one. It's not a necessity for us. Just would be nice to have so we don't need to spend the big bucks. We are considering the new mini ones actually. If DH takes too long then I just might start socking away money for it from my job. It actually would not take very long....;)

Jackie: I used to work out in the evenings all of the time before I had Joey. Now that I only do it once it a while, it's alot tougher. I need to get back to my morning work outs. I got up early today though I did not work out. Hopefully next week I can start fresh with my morning work outs again. DH is supposed to go back to his regular hours again starting monday so that means I can hit the gym early. Hopefully that will get me going again.

Brighton: So sorry for the knee troubles. I hope it clears up soon!

Karen: Having a will is very important. I know. My BF is a paralegal and she is always stressing the importance to people around her. Sorry you have to deal with this right now. Too bad the dog wasn't available for adoption. Hopefully your dad will find another dog he wants soon and hopefully it will be a bit smaller! ;)

Linda: I had to laugh. You ran after saying you were sick of running and a few months back after my 18 miler I was saying I only wanted to run 1-2 timeds a week at most for a while cause I was sick of it. Yeah-I think that lasted all of one week! :p I guess it's addictive wether we want it to be or not, huh? :D

Gloria: Yeah it was nice to be home after spending several days in AC. Now that I've been home for a week I am ready to go back! :p Perhaps you, Carole and myself will all buy CLX around the same time and coordinate starting a rotation together. I would kind of like to try and hold off until after STS though. I have enough trouble staying focused as it is! :D

I think that catches me up!

BBL!

Hi Cheetahs!

Laura- congratulations on getting in 10 hot miles! I felt like 10 for me was a turning point in my confidence. I'll take that heat today as I am doing 8 miles possibly outside in cold windy conditions. If it is too windy though I'm coming back in and using the TM.

Jackie- So you are really positive about these new workouts. That can be so motivating!

Karen- Well if not that dog then the right one will come along. How is the paperwork mess progressing?

Shelly- Did you get warm yet?

Cathy- Are you going to Napa to cheer on Carole? I did not realize that. Cool!

Christine- How is the (re)construction going? And the coughing?

Brighton- Thanks for the carrot cake recipe! It is a keeper.

Hi Linda- Do you have the run itch back yet?

Wendi- congrats on the perfect push ups!

Shouting out to Dallas! We miss you !

Yesterday was back, biceps and shoulders with the pyramids AND MM. That was a good muscle 'exhauster' It was nice to give my legs a break for a day. Today is a 7-8ish mile easy paced run. I hope to do it outside if roads are not slushy/icy. Keep your fingers crossed. ;)

Last edited:
Laura: Congrats on your first 10 miler! You are ready for your half now!!!!:D

Cathy: Can't wait to hear your reviews of Squeeze Stronger. Hope you enjoy it.

Judy: Hope you get to run outside today.

Good Morning All! TGIF!!!

Carole – I’m picking up some of the Umcka this weekend as an added precaution. I am so tired of being sick. Too funny you can scare your DH any time – no need for noise. He must be able to concentrate very well – and must drive you nuts when you have something important to say and he’s in a focused mode! Enjoy your run!

Linda – I’m so happy to hear you love CLX! I did do Burn It Off (it’s tough to wait with new workouts in hand!). I really enjoyed it – I love the combo of cardio intervals with very light weight work. Although I don’t think it’s working on muscle endurance. :p Yes, DH had a liver biopsy. Thanks, he’s doing well!

Brighton – YUM on the carrot cake!!! Thank you!

Shelly – Oh, I hope you do sell your house. It’s gotta be hard, seriously. This economy sucks. Sorry you had to endure a power outage due to an ice storm with no fireplace or woodstove. Glad you managed to stay warm! Hope you immune system holds, too! I’m sure it will! :D

Judy – at least I’m gone most of the day through the construction. DH wants them to continue through the weekend, but I drew the line. Hope you had a good visit with the Grandparents.

Jackie – I previewed Burn 2 – I could see wear it would be tougher by holding weights. It looks like a goodie though. I’m looking forward to hearing the results, too!

[FONT=&quot]Karen – sorry about Lucky! Hope she’s okay! Poor thing! Check Petfinder.com. They have a lot of dogs who need homes. Many rescues post there. If there are certain breeds you are interested in, you can look there (and please feel free to ask me for feed back concerning breeds!).

[/FONT] Wendi – that DM/IMax 2 mish mosh sounds like fun! As did the 4DS BC/MM UB one – you’re have fun!

Laura – Way to go on 10 miles!

Cathy – I am soooo with you on the TGIF’s!! Yes, DD16 is enjoying being able to use the computer without threat of a heart attack! :p So did you preview? What did you think?

Wendy – Yeah, don’t blame you for not spending an arm and a leg on a lap top. I have mine through work. I think you should sock money away – then you can get the one YOU want. :D

I’m feeling better today! YEAH! I think the combination of eating extremely healthfully, taking zinc and Echinacea is helping. *knocks on wood*. I’ll do a Spinerval today. We get noisy fan and dehumidifiers out today and they will lay the flooring. We’re making progress. :cool: TGIF and all that jazz!! Have a great day!

Last edited:
Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...thanks re: my interval session...:)...LOL about Napa. I would be so thrilled to have you and Christine ride a bit with me. Glad you got a bit of DOMS from the new Squeeze workout. Yeah, I can just walk into a room where DH is and say his name and he jumps (rather Kramer like) which always makes me
1.gif
Enjoy Squeeze Stronger...

Wendy..I see you caving on CLX way before me...:)..Have fun with da bells today.

Christine...Glad you are feeling better I am still taking the Umcka too for the next few days. Yes, DH and his brother always had these "scare each other" sessions. I know now I need to be careful but sometimes I just cannot resist...:D..Not sure he concentrates well or just has no idea about his surroundings as he is a bit deaf. Have fun with Spinervals. Looks like we have some more good games this weekend...:D

Linda..Races like that should keep you in a running mode. But having those fun non-running workouts are good too...:)

Brighton...Thanks for posting that Carrot Cake recipe! I copied it.

Shelly...good job on the fast tempo run. I would die without our woodstove, but we only use that for our heating. Sorry about the power outage. I am feeling good about the marathon and so enjoying my long runs again...:)..Good news about your sis getting reassigned! Very cool if you could swing that marathon near her next year.

Jackie...thanks re: the intervals. Yes, we have done a few marathons...:)..I think Queen of the half marathon is a good title for you. Weird about the foot numbing, that has never happened to me on a run.

Karen..Sorry about Lucky. But Labs are very cool dogs too...:)

Laura...Way to go on 10 miles!!

Today is Bodymax original upper, and a 5 mile tempo run.

Have a great day...:)

Cathy, et al--I have seen your personals. Thanks for checking. Both DSs have been sick since Tuesday, so I've been getting the workouts in, and reading the forums, but haven't had time to post personals. Hope to do that tonight.

BBL, hopefully . . .

Good morning Cheetahs!

Karen - I can see why your daughter would like a smaller dog. I'm sure the right one will come along.

Laura - Congratulations on that 10 miles!!!! Yes, you rock!! Feeling better I take? Hope DS are feeling better soon.

Cathy - Laughing at your dream of being chased by bears. LOL!! Maybe that's the "honey" in you. :D Glad you got to bed earlier. Enjoy Squeeze today and here's hoping for some more DOMS for you.

Wendy - You're slowly getting to CLX. I don't see you holding out too much longer. They're such fun workouts. :p Hope you get back on track with those morning workouts. Sending workout vibes ))))) your way.

Judy - Did you run outside? Sometimes that wind is just too much if it's cold. I'm really happy with CLX and how easy it is to work other things in.

Christine - Glad you enjoyed Burn It Off. Curiosity got the better of you, huh? I get to do that one tomorrow. Probably won't get a run in though because I'm visiting DBF and he's a walker not a runner. Glad you're feeling better. Yay for progress on the floors!

Carole - Sounds like DH needs a rear view mirrow so he can see you sneaking up on him. :D But, I guess that would take all of the fun out of it for you. Enjoy BM and your run!

I did Burn Circuit #3 and iTread #16 20 minutes and kept going until I got in 3 miles. My arms didn't get tired with BC#3 but she does work those shoulders. Next week, I'll add Ab Burner to BC#2, run on Tuesday. Thurs will be a run and Burn Intervals. Friday, I'll add Extreme Abs to BC#3. Sat I'll add Burn It Off to my run. Will see how it all goes.

Going to visit DBF after work today. Be back late Sunday. Have a wonderful weekend!

No problemo Laura!

Wendy- Nope! I had to run inside . There was to much ice on the roads.

I got in a steady 9 miler on the TM, even though I really wanted to run outside. It was just not safe to do so.

Ok, here is the wine article I was looking for in the Wall Street Journal: It is called Easy on the Wallet ;Lovely on the Palate

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123033096164636121.html

DS was watching a DVD of America’s Funniest Videos yesterday, and it was an All About Animals Extravaganza. And they had this gal from the zoo on with different animals in between the clips, and one was a Cheetah! :) It was just gorgeous. It was actually purring! I had forgotten this, but they can actually go 70 mph. I knew they were fast but had forgotten how fast. I have actually seen a real cheetah in its natural habitat on one of our trips to the game park. I think that’s pretty cool!

Posh—You have not missed a post about why I am in Africa. I’ll try to make that tomorrow’s post. It’ll take a couple paragraphs to tell. And I may be whining about the heat, but I think I’ll take it over Brighton’s 2.7 degrees!

Jackie—Thanks re: my 10 miles. Yes, I’m feeling better. Still carried a wad of tissue on my run, though. LOL. DH really enjoyed P90X. He got good results as far as bulking up and strength gains. However, he didn’t follow the diet, so he didn’t lose body fat. Not that he had a lot to lose, but he was hoping for a real 8-pack set of abs. He recognizes that the diet really contributes, so next time around (and with me doing it with him), he’ll focus on food as well. I’m also looking at a workout vest on the Wal-Mart site. A container is shipping next month, and we can put heavy stuff on it (on the airplane, we have a tight weight limit). Which vest did you go with?

Brighton—DH’s birthday dinner sounds delish! I have learned the hard way, too, about running back to back. I tried to do it that way when DH’s travel plans messed with my schedule. I had to quit half-way through a run on Wednesday because the pain was sharp. Ice and rest had me back on track for my 10-miler today though. ITA with Gloria about a foam roller. That’s the whole reason why I have been able to start running again. I roll my left IT band before every run. LOL at you and the fake Italian accent. Thanks for the encouragement re:my 10 miles—I did rock it! ;)

Judy—I’m so glad to see your timing for speed work. I was on for 3x1600 speed drills 2 weeks ago, but the training program didn’t say how to time it with recovery. Maybe I’ll try your plan. I have 1600s coming up again on Monday. Thanks re: my 10 miles. I felt like it was a turning point for me, too.

Cathy—Thanks re: my 10 miles. When I was in HS and college, a mom and pop Italian bakery would’ve been an ideal job. Post-college it would be a nightmare! LOL. I spent a summer in Italy and, without doubt, they make the world’s best food! Glad your vitamin C kicked in. I love Airborne. I know some people think it’s a hoax, but it has really helped me. I also like Wellness: Cold and Flu. But I’ve also started popping straight C this week. And I will refrain from sending any Tropical Vibes to the Ski Bunny Cheetah. :D But I would love to receive some Snow Vibes. (Fat chance on the equator!)

Christine—Thanks re: my 10 miles. It was an exciting morning. Hey, you just have all kinds of running buddies, DH and Jimmy, too! :) I’m glad to hear of another adult whose optimum sleep time is 9 hours. DH and I have been thinking that we’re just wimps! With my requisite morning schedule for running, I’m sneaking in more naps than usual just to get by!

Karen—Hope you find a dog that is perfect for your dad. We went from medium size dogs to 2 Great Danes, and that was pretty drastic.

Linda—Wow, everyone is on the CLX train. LOL at you running after saying you were sick of it. You are a Die-Hard Cheetah.

Gloria—So sorry about your 24 hour wake-fest. Sounds horrible. I do not function well without sleep.

Wendy—Thanks re: my 10 miles. Yes, I think that if I can do 10, I can do a 1/2m. Wow to your self-discipline on the BB website. Maybe we’ll order CLX together. :D I think I would’ve already caved and ordered the TJs or CLX except that I have no more visitors coming for a while to bring it. That does help in the restraint department.

Carole—Thanks re: my 10 miles. I am jealous of all the football you’re getting to watch. We can get satellite over here, and our coworkers have it (it is VERY expensive and so DH and I can’t justify spending what it would cost for the limited use we would get). But we do get to go over and watch with our friends some. But it’s only international ESPN, and so the game selection is limited. We do get up every year at 3 am to watch the Super Bowl broadcast live!

Wendi—Sorry about DSO’s wrist issues. I sprained my wrist in May and am still behind on upper body workouts because I had to stop for so long. We’re always eager for movie reviews since we don’t get to see all the trailers on TV. So thanks for the Benjamin Button review. Who is in it?

My legs thawed about from my run about lunch time. I wondered if I would be shaky all day. Also wondering about DOMS. And, my IT band is very, very tight. I iced it soon after I ran, and I think that helped prevent a major issue. I had BM2 on tap for sometime this week but was not planning to do it the day after 10 miles! We’ll see what I feel like. I might do it, but on 6 inches instead of 8. More likely, I will just do an upper body workout.

Ladies, I would've never made it to 10 miles without you!

:D ;) :D Haaaaappppy Friiiiiidaaaaaay, everyone!!!!!!! :D ;) :D

Well, the ITB is still hurting bad, but at least there's a foam roller with my name on it heading my way. Thanks for all the advice, ladies... and for helping me stay positive through this setback. I get frustrated easily when injured. I was talking to DH about things yesterday too and that always helps as well. I just need to remember to take things one day at a time instead of just freaking out about possible scenarios that may or may not happen. ;)

Today was MM upper body & core (gee, that's been a fave in the den this week!) and some Lotte Berk Method. The orthopedic exercises they incorporate reeeeeally help my sorry joints. I don't pull it out like I should because the instructor bugs. But after today's workout, I'm thinking I need to anyway.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get back to cardio-- don't know if I'll try a run yet, might just pull some Cathe out. Will see when we get there. :)

Posh: Loving the Serenity Now! vibes... Oh, we're a-needing them, aren't we?!? :p Mmmmm. Love Giada. Few things get me worked up like good Italian food. :D Arrrgh about the Beachbody mail mess-- I've had issues with them on that too. Yah, like I told Carole my shoes are just a couple months old, so they've got some life left in them yet. I'm positive it is the ITB now... Not fun! :confused:

Christine: So glad to hear that insurance is footing at least some of the bill-- that makes it a little easier to bear I bet. *giggles* about TJ as Tae Bo done by a girl. :) I enjoy TJ although I prefer Cathe's cardio so I don't use it too often. She's a lot more dancy than Billy. Glad to hear the cold seems to be easin' up on you.

Carole: Yeah-- I'll be staying out of the snow drifts for a while, I think!!!!! ;) I'm positive it's ITB as well. Foam roller is en route as I type this-- no place near had them in stock... :confused: LOL about DH jumping like Kramer-- what a visual! :D

Shelly: Sorry about the ice storm-- boy have I been there on the ice-scraping thing. Never fun. :( So glad you were able to stay warm!!!!! :eek: LOL about "Eau de Cough Drop!!!!" Yay for DSis being reassigned to Luxembourg!

Linda & Jackie: Glad you liked the recipe! :D I love carrot cake too. *drool*

Karen: Crossing fingers for the perfect furry friend to come your way. So sorry things didn't work out with Lucky. :(

Cathy: I used to have nightmares about bears too! Last summer there was a "rogue" bear roaming the canyon by our place that had lost his fear of humans-- there was an attack and everything. The bike route of one of the triathlons DH & I do goes through the canyon-- and even though there's quite a bit of traffic I was sure that bear was going to spring out at me any minute!!! :eek:

Wendy: Yay for CLX will power!!! :D Thanks for the get well wishes. :)

Judy: Awesome UB workout! Sorry the roads didn't stay slush-free for you today... :( I will think "dry" thoughts for you for tomorrow! :)

Wendi: Your mish moshes sound like fun! :)

Laura: WOOOO HOOOO on rocking the ten miler!!! ITA with Judy, that distance was a huge confidence booster for me. Yeah, warm temps sound good now, but when we're pushing 110 here in July I'll probably be wishing it was cold again! :D Thanks for the words of wisdom about the ITB-- you are keeping my hope alive!!! :D

Hi to all who follow!!!!!!!

TGIF CHEETAH FRIENDS!!!! :D

Laura: Awesome run today! :) I know I felt like I hit a milestone when I ran my first ten. Congratulations! I'm sure you will be fantastic on your half!

Cathy: It has been a good week, but boy am I glad it's Friday! The kids have been really good. Your poetry project sounds cool. We do poetry at the end of the year. Yeah, I'm pretty geeked about paying off the vehicle. I am sure something will go wrong with it again soon, but at least it is all mine and fixing it shouldn't hurt the wallet too bad now. Yoga right before bed must have been nice for getting to sleep. Enjoy squeezing tonight! :)

Wendy: Perhaps CLX will be in my future. :) I am getting focused on marathon training now. Trying to gradually build some mileage. Nice run yesterday!

Judy: Well, at least you got to run. Outside is always better, but winter causes some problems. Nice job getting it in! :) Oh, by the way, thanks for the kittie door information a while back. I will look to you when I have finally convinced DH! :)

Christine: So glad you are feeling better! It is amazing how good food makes you feel! I have been eating a lot of spinach and tomato this week and it gives me so much more energy. I did have a small butterscotch chocolate chip cookie today though. :eek: Hope your spinning left you feeling nice and refreshed!

Carole: I think I would not be happy without our woodstove too. It throws some serious heat, which we will be needing next week. A couple days next week the weather people are saying we will not get above zero. :eek: Hope you had an awesome workout today! :)

Jackie: I guess every region has their weather challenges. When I was in AZ I thought it was funny to see signs that said "Beware of Dust Storms." Apparently it causes some serious driving hazards. I have to admit that I hit the rumble strip a couple times and had to try really hard to focus after dropping my mom off. You are really enjoying the CLX workouts! :) I hope your weekend with DBF is a good one!

Shelly: Bummer about the power outage. It doesn't surprise me that you were productive regardless! :) Are you thinking about doing any kayaking this spring/summer in PA? I've heard there is some nice water there, but that is coming from people who fish. Hope you're doing well. How are the fur babies?

Brighton: You are so sweet to share that tasty recipe! Thank you! How is your knee feeling these days? I had to foam roll last night because my ITB was feeling tight.

Posh: So those college kids can be a PIA I imagine. I am grateful to the ladies in the Registrar's office. They were always so helpful and nice. Who knows what they said behind my back though! LOL! :D It will be fun to see what you ladies think of the CLX program. I am on the fence right now.

Dallas: How are you doing? I bet you are busy with the kiddies being back to school. :)

Karen: Sorry you didn't get the dog. :( There are so many wonderful critters out there who need homes, so I am sure you will find one in no time. :)

Linda: I got my new Runner's World the other day and I couldn't wait to see the Rave Run after your post. I have run there too, just not in the snow. Oh, the memories...:) It is such a great place. It is the right demographic for DH and I. I am not sad, just happy I got to spend a lot of time there and meet some really great friends. How is work? Are things slowing down a bit yet? It sounds like you are a runner at heart! :) Your workouts have been great lately!

I ran 4 miles yesterday and 4 today. I was shooting for 5, but didn't get my butt in gear in time. I am at 15 miles for the week so far. I am thinking 5 on Sunday, then 6 for a long run next week, and increase by 1 the following week. I really slacked over break, so it is hard to judge what I should do. I am feeling good. Felt a tight ITB last night and rolled and had no issues at all today. I don't know what I did differently on LIC to make my arms hurt so bad for so long. It's not like it was the first time I did it. I have alot of ideas for tomorrow's workout, but I won't say until I actually do it. :) I am getting excited for official marathon training to start next month.

My birthday was on Monday. I am officially 33. :) I didn't want to say anything, but I love my birthday, as self righteous as it may be. DH and I usually spend it alone, but when I pulled into our driveway after school the BF's were at our house. It was such a nice surprise! My BF got me the book Nineteen Minutes and the movie Sex in the City,which I love. It was nice. DH's birthday is February 14th, so I am on a mission to do something nice for him. He will be 35.

Well I can sure blab! Hope all are well! Sorry I have been MIA. My schedule has been a little hairy. I am so happy it is Friday! IA with Laura in that I think about you girls when I am running and it is really hard. You get me through! :)

Take care Cheetahs!

Last edited:
Evening, cheetahs!

Just wrapped up Squeeze Stronger upper body & waist premix. Wow! It’s light on chest work, and there’s no back work, but it fries the HECK outta biceps, shoulders, and triceps. Man oh man! Good stuff. I started with 8# and had to move to 5#s.

GLORIA!!! Happy belated b’day!

bdayparty2.gif

Glad you enjoyed your special day. Sweet of DH to arrange that. I’m a fan of Jodi Piccoult—it’s a good read. Hope you can find time to read & enjoy! For DH's birthday, not sure if he would enjoy this, but what about a ride in a hot air balloon for the two of you?

Judy—yes, I am hoping to make it out to Napa along with Christine, Posh, and hopefully Dallas. For me, it all depends on whether I can get reasonable airfare and flight times to justify a short weekend out West. Hope you were able to get out there for your run.

Christine—I previewed a little bit—will do some more this weekend. I definitely like what I see so far. So glad you are feeling better.

Carole—I love Kramer! I’m laughing at the visual of you spookin’ your DH.
evilgrin.gif
My hams are still sore from the lower body Squeeze the other night. How was your tempo run?

Jackie—*lol* about the honey. The really funny thing is that I hurdled a 5-foot fence like an Olympic track star to get away from that bear. They really scare me! I’ve been reading articles about people being mauled or scalped. Yikes!! Enjoy your time with the D-for-debonair :D BF.

Laura—hope the kiddos get well soon. Yes, definitely with 10 under your belt, you're good to go for the half...Oh, didn’t realize you were in the pesky-ITB club, too. Hope the irritation subsides…Mmm, yes, IA about the Italian cooking. Nick used to make the most delicious garlic bread ever!!

Brighton—don’t get discouraged—I had some back flare-ups during marathon training, so at one point, I started to take two ibuprofen before long runs. Though I’m not real crazy about taking meds of any kind, it was necessary. With my ITB, I was resistant to ice (I hate icing!), but I’ve found it truly does help.

Have a great night, all!

Hi Ladies!

It's been so incredibly hard to get here - even to read. :confused: I do think of you gals and miss the laughs, etc. Dh is unemployed right now, so I've been busy getting my resume, letters of recommendation, transcripts, etc together. I have two online applications for teaching almost ready to submit. In the meantime, I'll start schooling at a personal training school. I start Monday. It's M-TH and goes until June. It was so hard studying for the ACE on my own. However, the good part is that I'll be able to take the ACE once I'm done. :) We'll get 100 hours of nutrition and 200 hands-on experience. I figured now is the time since dh is home to play Mr. Mom. LOL I'll leave after the kids get on the bus and will get home right about the same time as the older kids. I'll miss the volunteering with the little guy, but hope dh will pick up the slack. ;)

I hope to be able to check in still, but will have to get acclimated to a new schedule. :eek: I'm finishing week 2 of P90X w/one kettlebell workout thrown into the mix. :) I'm getting some intensive massage therapy on my hip. It's still a problem, however it's getting there. Anyway, no running still. :( UGH! However, the spin bike and EXT have been a great subs. :) I also tried out that GRavity class....oh my!!! That was tough! but I liked it.

Hope all is well with everyone. Maybe I can go blind on breaks next week catching up/reading on my Blackberry. :p;)

~TTFN

ETA: Happy belated birthday Gloria!!!!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.