**CHEETAHS**In the Starting Blocks for '09

LauraR

Cathlete
Good morning.

Today I ran 5 miles, plus I did a 1/2 mile warm-up and walked a mile at the end to cool down. It was tough because it is TTOM and I was tight. But I made the whole distance and was proud of myself.

In general, my increased cardio has REALLY helped with PMS, so I was glad for the run, even though I was tight. I think the effort this morning will reap GREAT rewards throughout the day--and even for the next couple days. :)

BBL.

Happy 2009 :)

Not much new since yesterday here. Today will be operation take the tree down. We had quite a bit of snow yesterday and more last night. It is pretty here again. DH is working and this traditionally is the busiest call day of the year. Shelly I am sure you have an idea of what this day can be like. Any way, I've got plenty to keep busy here and a few of the kids will most likely ski. I'll get in an upper body workout somewhere in the day also.

Karen- Today is a new day and a new year and a new phase of life for your family. Christine is right, the grief will hit unexpectedly, but let it happen and keep talking about the memory of Mom. Your Dad is fortunate to have your family right there with him.

Laura- Nice going on your5 + mile run. Did you get up early today to get it in? I believe walking at the end is helpful for leg soreness.

I think I'm all caught up on personals. If I missed, don't be offended, it is just me goofing up. I love all of The Great Cheetahs here! And I am thankful for the friendship of this group ((((( GROUP HUG))))

Trivia : When did we start this group? I believe it was in 2006 Winter or spring? But it could be older. I began running in March 2006 and I saw this check in around that time. It has become my main attraction on the Cathe forums.

Group Hug coming back at ya.

Happy New Year. I made it through yesterday. There were so many people and so many flowers and plants. It was just overwhelming how kind people are. Some of my dad's friends from Harrisburg came all the way in last night just to pay their respects. It was beautiful.

Well, for some unknown reason I got a cold. Last night I started hacking a lung up and since then the cold has arrived. I guess it could be worse. I'm taking down Christmas today and vegging out.

Good Morning Cheetahs

ErFGynjwDbFwczu.gif

Laura...Thanks, I have always been able to do cardio and legwork the same day. I usually will not do any kind of speedwork for running on a tough leg weight day though. I have not stayed up until midnight for quite a few years on NYE. So "No" I do not think of you as pitiful last night...:)..Good job with 5 miles at TTOM.

Judy...I am not sure exactly when this group started (I think your thoguhts of 2006 is right). All I remember is Sarah (Imafitnessfreak) is the one that started it and then she never posted here...:)

Karen...thanks for your New Years wishes. Sounds like yesterday went very well. I might be joining you in the cold dept. I am feeling a sore throat! Hopefully it will not last long for each of us. Here is a group hug coming your way
3.gif

Cathy...I agree about the Caylee case being so sad. She was an adorable little girl. I sure do not get why people keep/have kids they don't want. There is always adoption for those who cannot have any children and desperately want one. Life is just not fair sometimes. Hope you had a blast skiing last night.

Jackie...sorry you could not regift your cold. I do have a bit of a sore throat so I did get some of DH's cold...Thanks for you New year's wishes. This is a great group...:)

Christine...WOW...those quesadillas look really good. I got on the scale monday and was happy to be on up about a 1/2 lb, I sure thought it would be like 3-5 lbs! Good job with P90X abs & Core and legs & back yesterday.

I am meeting my sister and other friend for an 8 mile run today. Karen and I are giving our friend a Garmin Forerunner for X-mas/New Year's. The 3 of us have run for about 16 years together! I am going to do an endurance leg workout and abs before we run.

Have a great day...:)

Happy New Year!

Happy 2009!!!
I just wanted to stop by and wish you all a safe, healthy & happy New Year!

We have family and friends coming by, so I still have a lot to do. :eek: It's all good though. :)

You are a great group of gals, and I'm so glad to "know" you!!

Cheers

Last edited:
Good afternoon Cheetahs!

Karen - It will take time but things will get easier. You won't stop missing your mom but the pain won't be so hard. You already have such wonderful memories of her. I really miss my dad at special times of the year. It's good you're being positive. Hope the cold is gone soon. You've had so much going on that your resistance is probably down.

Christine - Great workout yesterday!

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm117YYUS Laura - Good job on the 5 miles! Glad the running has helped your PMS.

Judy - I got all of my decorations down on Sunday. I didn't put a tree up this year because it was too small. Trying to see if the stores will put them on sale for 75% off. Then, I'll buy a taller one. Good luck with getting a workout in.

Carole - Tell DH no fair giving you his cold! :D Hope the sore throat doesn't turn into anything else. I've been drinking EmergenC and think it has helped. Guess I'm Vitamin C overdosing. http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm117YYUS Have a good run with your sis and friend. Bet your friend will appreciate the Garmin! What a great gift!

Dallas - Enjoy the family and friends today!

I was suppose to run with RP today. But, I decided to keep it inside on the treadmill. It was in the 20's and windy this morning. I didn't want to push my luck since I want to get rid of this cold. I did iTread #10 20 minutes. Felt so good after 2 miles that I added another 10 minutes. Then, I did KPC Cardio Conditioning premix. Think I'll be ready for that run outside Saturday.

I'm stripping beds, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms today. I'll do some more cleaning tomorrow.

Have a wonderful first day of the New Year!

hny4.gif
TO MY FAVORITE LADIES!!!!!

Laura – good job at making the distance at TTOM!

Judy – I’ve been checking in here winter of 2006 as that was when I ran my first half marathon and the lovely ladies here encouraged me to do so. I never thought I could do that. {{{Group hug}}} indeed. I’ve accomplished so much since joining this group and made some wonderful life long friends.

Karen – I was amazed at the outpouring of love people gave when my mother passed on, too. It is overwhelming, isn’t it? I took a lot of comfort in knowing that others thought my mom as wonder as I did. Take it easy. You’ve been through so much lately. It’s no wonder you have a cold. Relax my friend and enjoy.

Carole – Enjoy your run!! Oh wow, 16 years of running together – that is special. Nice of you to give the Garmin to her! Those quesadillas are good. Great job on keeping your weight down. I haven’t ventured there yet. :eek: Wish me luck, but it won't be pretty.

Dallas – Enjoy your day!!! I’m glad to know you, too!! Special group, the Cheetahs, aren’t we? I love it!

Our plans ended up changing last night. Dear friends where unexpectedly in town and called us to spend the evening with them, so we went. It was actually nice to bring in the New Year’s in a hot tub with a glass of champagne. :D Much nicer than a loud party with loud Indian music! (not that I don't love that group, though). Not sure what happened – I think I’ve been skimping on potassium, though – but I got some nasty charley horses last night. I’m going to drink a nice smoothie with bananas, yogurt and strawberries before my bike ride today! I do have to get moving though as I want to see the Penn State/USC game. Go Penn State!! (it’s a huge long shot though). Then DS25 and his DGF will be over for dinner. That will be nice. Have a fabulous day everyone!!

Jackie - you snuck in on me! Good idea to keep it indoors with your cold and the weather! I'm afraid I'm going to be stuck cycling indoors, too. :rolleyes: I have time constraints (slept longer than I have in about 10 years! :eek:), and the weather is iffy out there. I don't like skinny tires on wet road surfaces.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!!

I too have a house guests and a busy day of cooking, etc, but just stoppin’ in to say hello and Happy New Year! Judy, I believe Carole is correct that Sarah started the running check-in. Later the check-in name became “Cheetahs” because I called Jess (jessjugs) a cheetah because she was posting some really fast runs. I mainly visit just the Cheetahs too because that’s all I have time to do, but also because the main forums can be “sssccary” to me….lol

Hugs to Karen and I’ll post some personals later my friends, more than likely tonight after the house guests leave, etc.

Have a great day, ya’ll!

POSH :D

Happy New Year, friends! :D :D :D

Jackie—sounds like a nice, peaceful NYE night in last night. Glad I’m not the only one who can’t stay awake to see the ball drop. But skiing made for a fun way to usher in the new year. Something different. How’re those sinuses? Love your smileys. I do the vitamin C-loading, too, when I feel something coming on.

Christine—Uhhh, I’ve decided not to step on the scale until tomorrow. Nothing like layers of ski gear to make one feel like the Stay-Puf marshmallow woman. *lol* Celebrating in a hot tub with a glass of champagne sounds fun. The smoothie sounds delicious. Now I’m craving fresh fruit. That’s a good sign. Gonna be cleanin' things up majorly on that front.

Karen—oh darn about the cold. Easy to see how that could happen given the tremendous emotional stress you’ve been under and how many people you came in contact with yesterday. How moving to know your mom touched so many lives.

Carole—from some reports I read, Casey didn’t want to keep Caylee but Cindy insisted. Lot going on in the family. Did your friendly totally flip out when you presented her with the Forerunner? What an awesome gift.

Posh—great to see you! Another busy day of entertaining, I see.

It was wicked cold out there last night, but we had a great time. Skied much of the night and then brought it into the lodge for the festivities. Slept in til after 10 am, which is highly unusual for this early bird. Didn't overindulge but somehow I'm feeling groggy, so probably no workout.

Have a great first day of 2009!

Hi Cheetahs- Posting between work nites. I hope everyone had a nice happy and SAFE New Years!! Not a bad nite at work, it was busy but not frantic so that's okay. I got in a good 4 mile tempo run when I woke up, then did some bill paying (great way to start the New year eh?) and I just finished up a KPC/LG circuit.

Laura- Cute thread title. I see you are just as creative as Cathy at thinking these things up! Congrats on going the distance today.. you are so right about reaping the rewards of a good hard workout throuought the day!

Judy- Yes, indeed I have nothing but total sympathy and understanding for what your DH is going through right now. January is always a nightmare month... and that's been pretty universal no matter where I've worked.
I joined this group when it was called the Runners Checkin only about a week or so after it started, but danged if I recall exactly when it was! It may have been late 05 but I'm not sure.

Karen- Thanks for checking in and letting us know how you are doing.
You are indeed in our thoughts alot! I'm sure with all the unbelievable stress you've been under your immune system really took a hit. No surprise a cold bug got ahold of you. Hope it lets go of you soon!

Carole- Whoa IRON cheetah! An endurance leg workout, THEN an 8 mile run??? AWESOME:eek::eek::eek::eek: That is so sweet of you and your sis to get your friend that Garmin... she's gonna be so excited!

Dallas- Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family!!

Jackie- I don't mind running in the cold but a cold strong WIND...:eek::eek::eek::eek:
I usually opt for the tm;) Great job today!

Christine- A hot tub and champagne? You do know how to celebrate New Years right!!! Hope the cramps were held at bay and you got in a great bike ride to start the new year off right. Hey, Christine- was that HM the one you did with AmyG and Elaine?

Posh! Yes indeed, I remember you are responsible for christening the runners check in as the Cheetahs--- and you kept calling yourself a mule!
You alway brighten up the den when you stop by for a chat!!

Cathy- Sounds like a fabulous skiing holiday for you! WOW... slept in til 10???? That is hard to believe from you... but ya know.. I'm proud of you!!! You deserve every bit of lazy late sleeping.

Dont have time to go back and check from yesterday's posts (which I missed)... sorry about that.

Hi to all the other lovely cheetahs I so cherish. Wendy, Wendi, Linda,
Gloria, Brighton

Happy New year to you all!!!

Shelly

Christine - What a nice way to bring in the New Year! Did your team win? Hope dinner was nice with DS & GF. Good you got some extra sleep.

Posh - I rarely venture off into the other forums. Just don't have the time these days. Can't understand where all my time goes. I don't have any kids at home. :D Have fun with guests!

Cathy - Glad you had fun skiing. I've been sneezing some today but I'm not as stuffy. Maybe by Saturday, I'll be all cleared up. Hope you're having a relaxing day tomorrow.

Shelly - Glad you had a calm night at work. Paying bills isn't a good way to start the New Year. Hey, but at least you can pay them. :D Looks like the temps will be warmer for a run Saturday. Sure hope so.

I didn't go out of the house today. Got a lot accomplished. Going to park it on the couch now.

Have a good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.