**12 WEEK CHALLENGERS! - Jan 8th

L Sass

Cathlete
Ahh, the sports manrta of Ohio is repeated yet again... "Wait till next year!" HA! :(

Mornin' all. Off to hit BBC legs. Just did a 3-mile SS incline walk on the TM. BBL to see how y'all are doing. We're rockin' it ladies!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Good Morning!:)

Im just waiting to go home.I had a pretty busy night at work but nothing after 12...which is nice, b/c that means I slept:)
Yesterdays workout was GS C&T, and CF. My sister sent me CF and it got delivered just when I was getting ready to workout:)
Im thinking about doing Mix and Max today but not sure what the breakdown is. I am working day shifts this weekend so Im gonna have to get all my weight work in early this week. If I have time today I may do GS B,S&B.
Have a good day everyone and I will be back tonight to report!

Lori:)

Good Morning Lori and Lorrie;-)

So,Todays workout is going to be BM2--C&W premix (but I won't do the abbs since I just did them yesterday!) I may do the circuits after that depending on how I feel.I want to get my lb too!

Everybody have a great day:7

Good morning Lori, Lorrie, Amelia and all that follow. I'm off to a great start. Up at 5:15am and did LIS and Shoulders. I feel very motivated today. I'm listening to an upbeat CD to keep me in a good mood before I go to work.

Have a great day everyone!

The Other Christine

Morning everyone,

I got my P90X+ workouts yesterday and I had to do one. So I pulled out Total Body X+ and it wiped me out. I liked it as it is more functional and total body but I have to get used to some of the moves. Thank goodness I had my pull up band still hanging since we did a few of those. There is one place where you do one squat, one pushup, one pull up so I had to compromise and get help from the barbell on my squat rack since I couldn't get my foot in the band fast enough. I was much slower than they were in the workout. Room for improvement.

Today was Interval X+ and it was great. I don't like working out so hard and the going down to do push ups/plank holds. I cheated and walked in place until my heart rate was down a bit. Then I got down for the last 20 seconds of the set. Then back up we were. The workout was 42 minutes and then I added in my own 10 minute stretch.

My body is talking to me right now. The upper body is starting to feel DOMS but my lower body is sore. I am trying to follow the Lean rotation for P90X+.

Rhonda

Good morning. Quickie post and then I'll be back after the bus. DS is an Ohio State fan :(

Workout this morning was iCycle 21, 30 minute Interval and Core Max 2 with the stability ball. Temps are to hit the 60s today, so I'm walking to and from school/work and am SERIOUSLY considering another outdoor run before the bus (Lorrie, yes, I'll come in at an even RESPECTABLE time this time, lol).

I posted personals last night to most of you, in case you missed it!

My fridge is once again STOCKED full of stuff. Yesterday I took the time to make some salsa chicken, so I made a few wraps and saved the rest of the chicken to top on salads. Then I also made a big pot of Beef & Barley Soup, and a pot of Tuna Macaroni Salad. The recipes for these two are here post for you guys! Enjoy!

Tuna Macaroni Salad

1 ½ C elbow macaroni, uncooked
1 lb. pkg frozen mixed veggies (cauli, brocc, carrots), thawed
2 (6 oz. @) cans water packed tuna, drained and flaked
4 scallions, sliced
¼ c minced flat-leaf parsley
3 T fat free Italian salad dressing
2 T balsamic vinegar
2 t dried basil
¼ t crushed red pepper flakes

v In a large pot of boiling water, cook the macaroni for 6 minutes, until almost tender. Add the mixed vegetables. Return the water to a boil, then cook until pasta and veggies are just tender, about 1 minute longer. Drain and then rinse under cold running water.
v Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the tuna, scallions, parsley, salad dressing, vinegar, basil and pepper flakes. Add the pasta and veggies. Toss well. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled, at least 2 hours.

Numbers: 291 calories, 1g total fat, 32mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 39g carbs, 4g fiber, 30g protein, 75mg calcium
Makes 4 servings, 5 WW points each

Original Source: Weight Watchers: Simply the Best

Couple of notes: sometimes I add a 3rd can of tuna, and sometimes I vary the mixed veggies! You can also add more balsamic vinegar for more zip without adding a lot of calories or fat.

Beef & Barley Soup
1 T olive oil
1 ½ lbs. top sirloin cubes
4 C low fat, low sodium beef broth
1 C water
1 onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ C pearl barley
1 bay leaf
10 oz frozen green beans
1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
10 oz. frozen green peas

· In a large pot, over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add beef cubes and cook for about 8 minutes; stirring occasionally until browned on all sides.
· Stir in beef broth, water, onion, celery, carrot, oregano, pepper, garlic, barley and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
· Stir in green beans, tomatoes and peas. Simmer, covered, until meat and veggies are tender, about 15 more minutes. Remove bay leaf.

Original Source: Eating For Life Cookbook

Makes 6 servings (pretty large)
Numbers per serving: 365 calories, 30g protein, 23g carbs, 16g fat

Note about this recipe: the numbers are for pretty large portions. I actually doled this soup out into 9 bowls and each was about 1 ¾ cups of soup!

Gayle

Good morning, ladies!

Lorrie- thanks for letting me know how the game ended. I think I am one of 5 people in the state of Ohio that didn't watch the game.:eek:

I got up this am at 6:30 to another 1 pound loss! :7 I did L&G for the first time today. That's a good litte workout. I do much better with weights in the morning than I do with cardio. I really need to up my cardio and build up my endurance. I may hop on the TM for a little itread later.

Gotta get the boys ready for school and then dd and I have a playdate. Have a great day all!

Good morning!

I actually starting a personal 12 week challenge last week, but haven't had time to check in on the rest of you! I started using Burn the Fat for an eating template last week and most of it's post holiday binge bloat, but the scale is down 6 lbs!!! I actually dug out my quinoa/brussel sprouts/96% lean ground beef mixture I tossed together last week instead of digging into DH's pizza last night! I was very proud of myself!

Lorrie, Lori, and Gayle, I know, but I will enjoy meeting the rest of you!

Good Morning, All! My preschoolers went back to school today, and I really needed to get up at 5:30 to work out like I did last semester. But I slept until 6:20, so I did the first half of HIS and will now do the weight portion. If I don't get my workout in first thing in the morning, I keep putting it off. So my new resolution is to never skip a planned a.m. workout. Breakfast was two of those frozen egg-white quiches and my two pieces of wheat toast.
Regarding wheat bread, can anyone recommend a good-tasting, healthy wheat bread? I tried the Nature's Own with extra fiber last week, and it was good, but boy, did it tear up my stomach! I guess I need to slowly add more fiber to avoid intestinal problems. If anyone here has a good low-calorie wheat bread recommendation, I'd love to hear it!
Gayle, you are such an inspiration and a strong lady. I've been keeping you and your boys in my prayers. Here is that Mexican chicken soup I mentioned yesterday that you said you'd be interested in. It came from the Taste of Home new slow-cooker magazine, but I just cooked it on the stove. It was tasty! I added a can of Rotel tomatoes, another can of beans, and extra corn.

Mexican Chicken Soup
1 and 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 tsp. canola oil
1/2 c. water
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 can (32 oz.) V8 juice
1 jar (16 oz.) salsa
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen corn, thawed
cheddar cheese
sour cream
chopped fresh cilantro

Saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer until chicken is well coated.
Transfer to slow cooker. Add the V8 juice, salsa, beans, and corn; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream, and cilantro.
6 servings

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

Valerie

Hey everybody! I didn't manage to check in yesterday - very busy. I didn't exercise either yesterday or today. My body is SCREAMING for sleep so I decided to listen. I want to kick this sick thing and get back to it. Generally feeling quite a bit better - hoping to hit it full steam next week.

Eating was lousy yesterday too - QUALITY was good up until about 3pm and then all he!! broke loose and I ate everything that wasn't nailed down (sigh). Today will be better.

Gotta scoot - much to do before the end of the day!

Good morning all,

Quick check in from work }(

I have MIC on board for tonight - didn't feel like getting up to do my TM for 1/2 hr this AM. May possibly do a moderate TM walk with inclines after MIC.

Andrea - I think our brains are on the same course - my challenge for today (only one day at a time) is to stay out of the kitchen after work today since I too, seem to be eating everything in sight when I get home. Need to go to cathe or watch Oprah until ready to work out I guess ;)

Thanks for all the recipe posts - they sound great. Will definitely put one of them in my crock pot this weekend. :9

Until later . . . (so I don't eat :+ )

I just a have a few minutes so it'll be a quick check in today...

I was FINALLY able to work out last night!! I was only able to run for 2 miles (plus walked 1 mile) before my lungs decided they had had enough but I was excited! I got 4DS over xmas and haven't been able to do it so I will add the weight work in this week.

I wanted to get up at 5:30 this morning but slept in as I didn't get to bed until 11:30. I had to watch the new episode of The Wire on demand last night. :)

Have a great day!

I actually got my workout in early (for me!) today. I did the first half of Imax 2 (never tried it before due to knee issues) followed by 4DS LIS (first time on that one too). I modified a fair amount of the blasts on Imax 2 but did okay. I loved putting both workouts back to back. Nice sweatfest, but didn't kill my joints.

Thanks for posting the delicious sounding recipes. They look great--and easy to put together!

Lorrie, sorry about Ohio State bowl game. At least they had a winning season. I went to Notre Dame, talk about a sucky year...:eek:

Gotta shower and go grocery shopping now. Will BBL if I can. DD has a school concert tonight.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Hello all!

Rhonda - Those P90X+ workouts sound tough! I don't think pausing to catch your breath is cheating. If so, I cheat all the time.:)

Amy - Great job on the 6 pounds!

Valerie & Gayle - Thanks for the recipes.

Andrea - Today is a new day, right? Don't beat yourself up. Get right back on track and keep going.

Jacque - Good luck with MIC. That is one kick-butt workout and I keep telling myself I should do it again but I keep chickening out.

Day 11 for me. Ended up doing CTX Kickbox last night. (I love that knee, front kick, side kick, cross combo!). This morning was 4DS Legs premix. Short workout but I have Tae Kwan Do tonight (2 classes back-to-back) so I'm sure I'll burn a few calories in those.

Sue

Hi, Everybody!

I wasn't able to post yesterday, but stuck to my healthy eating and burned 775 cals in my workout! I took a step class at the gym today, and boy are my legs tired. Tomorrow needs to be a low key workout :)

I had my first laser hair removal treatment today for my arm pits and upper lip (Christmas and b-day present) and can't wait to never shave my arm pits again! Any one else had it done?

Keep up the good work!

Kelly

Good morning everyone! I did the Terminator: Gauntlet workout this morning! I am one tired lady................. Glad to see that everyone is doing so great!

Sheree'

Hi everyone. I haven't been around much, but I'm sticking with this challenge. Sounds like most of us are doing pretty good. I'm in the other category. But after visiting my family this weekend and eating poorly, I'm back on track. I worked out yesterday morning and today. I got my Cathe calender in the mail yesterday so filling up each page will be my motivation. Week 2 will be better than week 1 (can't get much worse, LOL)

Jean

Hey guys. I've got a quick second before the bus comes. I just got in from another gorgeous outdoor run. I just can't believe this mid-winter weather!

Valerie-The whole wheat bread that I eat is the Weight Watchers brand. I think it's pretty good! And thanks for sharing that recipe. Any chance the cookbook had the nutritional numbers listed (I know, beggars can't be choosers, right? LOL)

Gotta scoot.

Gayle

Way to go ~*Kelley*~ glad to see you can workout again. Sounds like a fun combo you did.

And way to go Kelley - keep it up. How were the treatments? Did they hurt at all? And if you don't mind me asking, any idea on the cost of the treatments?

Sheree - glad to hear you are tired :p I don't have either of those but have read about them.

Gayle - will ya stop it already with the nice weather runs ;( Out here in CA we are not even at 50 today and it's gonna rain again !

Jean - hello to you and way to stick with it even if you don't have the time to chat with us. Better use your time for your workouts and food prep and stop in to see us when you can :7

Sue - now ya got me wondering about MIC - it has been a while since I've done it and don't remember too much. I do love cardio though so will definitely stick it out. Guess I'll be a tired lady like Sheree.

Hello everyone, I hope that everyone is meeting their personal goals. I had my first day of mostly clean eating yesterday and I am feeling proud, the eating is a major challage for me. I am sticking to the workouts as well I am substituting body max 2 cardio today (I don't have MIC).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.