** DAMAGE CONTROL...ThursDAY **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

I am up before everyone else.....(DD is up getting ready for school) and I was thinking about getting a run in on the TM now before DS wakes.....but DD as made so much noise, that I have a feeling he is awake in his crib right now:mad: She makes more noise when she knows I am awake, I have noticed that...I don't know why she does that! Anyway, if he is awake already he will be having a afternoon nap.

My workout today is Disc #3 and cardio. After hearing everyone talk about how sore their legs have been, Im thinking its a good idea to get cardio in first. Im hoping to get a cardio workout in tomorrow morning before work....I hope my legs aren't that sore!

I went for a run outside yesterday afternoon. It was nice actually. I can't wait to start running outside all the time again!

I will bbl! Hope everyone as a good day! Must go see if my rascal is awake!

Lori:)

Where are you guys?;) I guess the time difference doesn't really help:rolleyes:

I did my run this a.m. I did 4.5 miles on the TM. I was hoping to get my leg workout in later but DH just told me that we are going out for supper at 6, then we are going to a surprise party. If I knew there was going to be CABS involved then I would have stayed on the tm for an hour!:confused:

BBL!
Lori:)

HELOOOO .. sorry I am late Lori .. more crap hitting the fan today!!! :confused: Boss grew a tiny pair and called a meeting ... BUT met w/us and did not include PIA :eek: .. said SHE didnt want to meet w/us .. he would handle her seperatly ... WTH??? anyway .. he did . and if he did go over what he told us she maybe pulled in some w/same restraints as us .. but who knows .. SHE did not want to meet w/us b/c she KNEW we would call her on her actions (orlack of) ... AND she would not be able to BS the boss... :confused: anyway .. we will see if the he did apply the rules he said he did ?? time will tell .. it was a lot of VENTING on everyones part about PIA .. so maybe he "got it"

I had several CABS last night ... too much stress .. sooo will have to w/o even harder tonight .. since I did not do cardio kickboxing TUE night will be doing it tonight. . I am sure it will kill me b/c i have not done it in forever!! no lunch w/o SIL doesnt get a lunch today .. and i have errands!

Lori .. good luck w/disc 3 .. it is actually disc 6 that was the killer for me .. :eek: OUCHIE x 10 ... let me know what you think about it!! I am enjoying my active recovery week for sure .. feeling great!!

Jacque .. still laughing at the "image" you created .. you crack my @$$ up!!!

Di ... wish I could work from home .. but no possibility of that happening ... to many privacy laws and dealing w/too much sensitive info!!

OK .. better go .. got to work w/PIA today on the cash counter when I get back .. UGH ..... somebody shoot me now .. LOL!!! have a great one!:D

.... OH .. I put some snow pics on my picture trail .. you will have to check them out ... dont laugh .. that snow is RARE for us .. dogs were freaking out about it .. LOL!!!!!:)

Hi Girls,

It took me a little longer to wake up this morning. That meant I started my workout late...and it was Imax 3, my favorite.... and I just couldn't cut it short....so I was late to work this morning. Glad I don't work with Laura, well she might give an exception for workouts-jk. All kidding aside, I was a sweaty mess after Imax 3.

I will be heading to the gym for a run on the TM. Not my favorite but it is too darned windy to run outside. We even broke a temperature record yesterday-It reached 76 at the airport. Tonight is meltdown class, I hope we do plenty of cardio tonight.

Lori-good job getting that run in early today. Have you found a FM you want to do? I'm looking at doing some 1/2's this year. My feet can't take a FM as I found out from training last summer. HM is a good distance for me anyway, tough but not too tough. I can't wait to here what you think of the leg w/o. I have really not had DOMs from the leg workouts.

Laura-Wow, you don't have to drain your pool in the winter??? Our outdoor pools are only open from memorial day to labor day. I would think the boss should address everyone at the same time. It still sounds like she is getting preferential treatment and it is unfair to the rest of the employees.

Wendy-hope you are winning big!!!

bbl

Hey .. boy what a day .. I am leaving at 4 to get hair done . . then gonna have to go to class w/wet hair .. oh well .. LOL!!!!

Di .. hey .. no we dont drain our pool .. but we do drain our pump ... the pool water got to 32 this year .. BBBBRRRRRRR .. think this is the last of the really cold weather .. so we will be turning pump back on after we gather all the freaking leaves out ..

I am SSSSSOOOOOOO ready to get the heck outta here .. it is super gorgeous day and hoping the weekend will be the same!!! supposed to be near 80 tmmrw and SAt .. WOOOHOOO .. gonna get this white body and lay out by the pool and hopefully soak in some sunshine ... a little anyway .. I need to get the full affect of the first outting of the bathing suit shocker over with anyway!! :eek: :confused: LOL

OK .. gotta go balance and get my desk cleared off .. have a good one!

Hey ladies !

Lunch time for me - seems like I'm getting to be the last poster again ! :confused:

Lori - I didn't get sore per se from #3. Did feel my legs a bit in the upper hams. #6 did a bit more for me and then with CCPP the next day, that taxed my legs into a mild soreness for quite a few days. I even felt it in the quads after IMax on Tues. Can't wait to do #9 on Friday !

Niiiiccccce you got a run in outside yesterday. Hope that keeps up for you for a while. Now that everyone else has nice weather, we are at 60' today, but at least we have had sunshine here and there - unfortunately I am indoors at the time ! :(

Laura - glad to hear ol' boss had a talk with everyone, even if PIA was a chicken ! Will be waiting to see if it made a difference. At least you know that all of you are feeling the same and now he does too.

Hope your hair appt goes well and that being a wet head doesn't ruin your class ! :eek:

Diana - I have FINALLY gotten back to a nice sleep schedule and it doesn't leave me time to workout in the AM's like I was for a while. I do feel better with the sleep so think I'll just stay on this schedule for a while. I need some nicer weather and I think my internal rythyms will be much happier. I will be doing KickMax afterwork today. I really like the IMax's too !

I forgot to check on the Avs game last night - how'd it go?

Gotta get and finish my lunch so I can make a meeting in a bit. BB after my workout.

Hi Girls,

Not sure if I mentioned that we have 2 very small w/o rooms in my building. I mean really small. One room has a recumbent bike, treadmill and an elliptical, the other room as a bowflex, a bench and some dumbbells. I have more dumbbells than they have here.

Anyway, I decided to run the treadmill today. OMG, I forgot how boring that could be. I did have my ipod and that helped a little. I did 20 min on the TM at a comfortable 5.7 pace, then 20 min on the elliptical and then back to the TM for 10 minutes. My feet were killing me, I definitely need to get inserts for more than 1 pr of shoes. They are so expensive but I think I need at least 2 more sets of inserts.

Amanda called to chat with me today and I found out that Cody isn't moving out there until May. Why can't I find out this information from my son when he is the one that is living with me??? I'm almost afraid to ask him about it because then he thinks I'm in his business and shouldn't be.

Laura-hope you like the new 'do. I guess you won't really know until tomorrow when you have time to work with it. Don't forget sunscreen this weekend!!

Jacque-You need to workout whenever it is best for you. I'm thinking that once the kids are gone the evening might even work better for me. It did when the kids were really little. I would go straight to aerobics class from work and DH took care of the kids. The AVS, do you really wanna hear this, they lost their 6th game in a row to the Red Wings. They are doing terrible.

bbl-maybe after my meltdown class tonight.

Jumpin' back on in for a few . . .

Workout was cut in half tonight as DS called to chat and make sure we were coming up this weekend. Perfect timing though - right before blasts after the kickbox moves. DH left for hockey just after I stopped - didn't even get around to asking him what time his game was :( . I'd guess he'd be home earlier than usual, but then again, may find something

Break in typing - Sharks just scored ! ! ! the one that I had my picture taken with and whose name I put on the back of GS's jersey !

Back to typing . . . to do since it will be an early night, say Hot Wheels hunting or visiting with our old hockey pals, one of whom rides to the games with him.

Laura - checked out your snow pics - how fun to watch the pups in the snow. Not sure what my ol' girl would do? Your backyard looks like a great place for entertaining ! Woo Hoo !

Diana - bummer your feet hurt from the lunch workout. How do you guys workout and then go back to work? Heck, I'd get people running from me cuz I sweat like a pig after only 10 min of cardio ! :confused:

And one of my DS's is just like Cody - never says a word - in fact I found out he was moving out by email WHILE HE WAS LIVING WITH ME ! ! ! Some of them just don't get it. Course of my two, that is the one who doesn't even have a girlfriend so I guess it just goes to show? :rolleyes:

And I have to say . . . the Red Wings kicked some major Shark Fin the last time we played them a couple weeks ago - we were visitors and they got us 4 - 1. Was a horrible game. There is definitely something about those Red Wings. Great team they are. Right Angie where ever you are? (In fact I saw she posted on OD not too long ago so I guess she is doing OK, just busy).

OK - off to finish my din din and decide on a nice long warm soak or not.

Happy Friday just a bit early. Wonder what would happen if I actually started the thread the day before? Think Lori would notice? LOL ! ! ! :p

One more day and Wendy will be back - sure hope she had some great luck in V E G A S baby !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.