** Damage Control SuNdAy **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

How is everyone? Fess up...how much chocolate did you guys eat??:D DH and I said we weren't going to buy each other anything but I picked him up a bottle of rum on my way home from work but he stuck to his end of the bargain and didn't get me anything:eek: LOL !

Im going to start being more strict with my cals. Its 7 weeks till Fl...or is it 8...I wish I had a calender here:rolleyes: Im not looking to lose much weight mind you...wouldn't mind seeing 120 again...so thats only 3-4 lbs away.

Im up to get my workout done before work. I am going to do HST with the TM mixed in. Im not in a huge rush to get to work. I have the cell phone b/c I was on call last night anyway so if anyone needs me, they know where to find me!

I will bb to catch up on any personals that I missed yesterday!

BBL!
Lori

Hey Ladies:)

Everyone still fast asleep!?:p I will be next Sunday morning:rolleyes: DD as a volleyball tournament next weekend so I guess I will be taken up with that.

I managed to get a 30 mins run in and most of HST. I had to skip the leg work in seg #4 and #5, and in seg #5 I only have time for the pushups. It was a good workout though.

Im not going to be doing much here today, I don't think:confused: I have to go see my sister off and get 30 Rock season 2 from her and thats what I will be watching the rest of the day. Anyone else watch this show? I hate watching shows that I know nothing about and she bought season 1 & 2 so I can catch up. I think its only into its 3rd season and its pretty funny. I actually find The Office a little boring now.

BBL!
Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies. :)

NYC was fun but exhausting. I left here at 8:45 am y'day to bring DS to my mom's and when I got back home we were out the door within 30 mins to catch the 11:30 train into the city. We saw a 2pm showing of "You're Welcome America: A night with George W. Bush" and then went to a bar and had a few beers before dinner since we had time. We had 5pm dinner reservations at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Neither one of us had ever been there before. It was marvelous! It's pricey but for what we got and how good it was, I think it was worth the the special ocassion splurge. After dinner we headed back towards the train station and went to a bar on the same block. We had a couple of drinks and played darts for a while. I used to play darts alot. So much so that I even had my own dart set! I hadn't played in years. It was lots of fun! :) We caught a 9pm train outta town. It's a 75 minute ride on the train plus a short car ride back home so we didn't get home until about 10:30. It was chilly in NYC (high of 40ish) but not too bad. We had a great day! We already know what show we will get tix for next (for the spring) and I can't wait to go back! :D

Today's work out is Burn Circuit 2. I will add on something else I think. Perhaps a little extra cardio again to offset the food and CABS from yesterday or if I'm not in the mood for that, I will do Recharge since I missed Centergy class yesterday. :)

BBL!

Wendy** Sounds like you had a great night! Its nice to do things without kids hanging off of you:p I tell ya...its a real treat for me to be able to sit to the table and not have to get up. When I eat with DS, I am up and down like a yo-yo!

Im pretty much finished any work I have to do here so Im soon going to kick my feet up and watch some t.v. I have to call my friend back though, she keeps calling, I think she wants workout tips or something!:eek:

BBL!
Lori:)

Morning ladies !

Lori - Only one piece of DH's chocolate yesterday ! Had a couple glasses of champagne and butter with my lobster though ! Have you had any of your lobster events lately? I remember being jealous as (it seems) like every weekend you were having lobster GTG's ! :rolleyes:

VBall was "my" sport in high school - loved it ! Miss playing a ton. DD played a couple of years and those tourneys sure do make for a long weekend ! I was in heaven!:p Have seen 30 Rock a few times - think Alec Baldwin is a crack up. Never have really liked the Office. I do enjoy "dry humor" but that one is a little too much of a twist for me. Hope your day at work is SLOW so you can get caught up ! :p LOL at the rum you bought - I am thinking that will be a dual VDay gift to the both of you ! ;) Reminds me of the Henckel knife set I bought DH for our anniversary. Yes, I use them as much if not more than he does! :rolleyes:

Wendy - Ah Yes ! ! ! Ruth's Chris Steakhouse ! We have one in San Francisco and went there two years ago for our anniversary. Fantastic for a Meat and Potato person like my DH. The size and tenderness of the meats - yeppers - those were good cows ! So how'd ya like the show? I haven't heard about that one.

Off to Clean Max after last night's dinner (since I fell asleep after I was done ! :eek:).

Hi Ladies,

I've been lazing in bed this morning drinking coffee and catching up on my recordings of Damages and Nip/Tuck. Now that I ate breakfast its time to finish up the 1RM's and get them logged in the w/o manager. I want to print off the w/o cards for STS week 1 today.

Cleanmax is also on the agenda. I have paperwork laying all over the place from doing our taxes. Its time to get that all filed and put away before some important documents get lost or ruined. I also have to fill out some forms for DS's tuition, the FAFSA. Jacque-you may be familiar with this. We have to fill it out every year as our EFC (expected family contribution) is based on our tax returns.

Lori-I actually didn't have any chocolate. I gave DH a DVD and he gave me an edible fruits thing. Enjoy catching up on your show. I always enjoy watching my kids play sports. Send good luck wishes to DD, hope her team does great in the tourny! As for your questions from y'day, DS moved in with a friend-Amanda (said they were platonic) and less than a month later she was pregnant. DS wasn't working for the entire time he lived with here even though he new the babies were coming. They ended up moving in with us after the girls were born. It was very crowded to say the least. DS finally got a job and Amanda started going to medical school when the girls were about 4 months old to be an xray tech. At any rate, she desided to take the girls and move back home to Oregon. DS flies out every month to see the girls and sends Amanda money. DS is planning on moving to Oregon in April. They say they aren't together, but the plan is to rent a 3 bedroom apt for all of the them. The girls will share a room and the parents will be in separate bedrooms. I have serious doubts about this living arrangement. After the moved back home at the end of July -my MIL and I flew out there in October and Amanda brought the girls out here the week after Christmas. I'm trying to plan a time to go see them-probably around memorial weekend since DS should be settled by then.

Wendy-sounds like you had a wonderful, if not whirlwind day yesterday. Yes, we have Ruth's Chris here too. Pricey but really worth it for a wonderful date night! Since you are putting the mary training off for a bit are still considering having another baby.

Jacque-DS has a camcorder we bought him several years ago and we gave him a digital camera for Christmas. I do miss seeing the girls and am still very angry that Amanda decided to move back home. How exciting to be expecting a new GB. Are you ready for STS??? I'm so looking forward to it.

Time to get to that filing before I choose somekind of w/o for today.

Back to say that I did another group of 1RM's - legs with a couple of arms. OH NOOOOOOO ! After just those exercises my hams are FRIED TO THE MAX! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Did a couple of the exercises and needed to view the disc one of the others was on - guess the stand alone pic didn't quite portray how to do a couple of them so I'll have to drop the weights I did today as they are quite a bit harder on the disc.

Still watching the Sharks - back & forth with New Jersey. Off to hit the TM for a short run while they finish up.

Holy Moly! BC#2 was tough! I went super heavy and it kicked my arse pretty hard! I wanted to do some cardio afterwards but simply had no energy left for it so I did Recharge instead. :)

Jacque: Good job plugging along on the 1 RM's. Yes, ITA that a still pic of only one portion of the exercise will not always tell the full story and sometimes the written word doesn't do it either.

Diana: I am bad about leaving papers around. I tend to let them pile up before I do something about them. We have a mail sorter thing hanging on our wall and it ends up being jam packed with things like bank statements before I will empty it out and put the stuff in our filing cabinet. Yes, we are still talking about having a baby but just not sure when at this point. :)

Lori: So didja get any kick back time in today?

Have a great night!:)

Hey ladies,

No workout to report for today. MIL called and needed help scanning in some pictures and making them available for one of her nieces. MIL's niece is making a quilt of family pictures for SIL with breast cancer. Jerod and I spent the afternoon over there and then MIL took us to dinner. It was nice spending time with her. She is the nicest, sweetest person I know and not many folks can say that about their MIL. I have a great one!

I did however manage to log my 1RMs into the workout mgr and print my workout cards for week 1 of STS!!!! Meltdown class also starts tomorrow. We usually take our weights and measurements along with a 3 minute step test, max pushups and situps in one minute and a flexibility test. Just doing that pretty much takes up the whole 1st class.

Wendy-I didn't get to put all my paperwork away and now I'm stressing about it. DS's birthday is next weekend and I need to get all this stuff put away where it belongs before it gets lost. I was getting some nice def in the upper body from CLX. The slow count and heavy weights really seems to work for my upper body. Right now have this belly bulge to get rid of and hopefully the extra cardio (and STS) will do the trick.

Jacque-Did you want to do the 3 1/2 month rotation or the 5 1/2 month rotation? For the longer rotation you do meso cycle week one, then repeat for week 2 etc. You basically do meso cycles 1 and 2 twice and then mesocycle 3 once. I don't really care which one I follow I'm just really looking forward to getting started. Also, we've been having a few days here and there of good weather so I may even be able to add running to the mix.

Angie-where are yah missy HEEELLLLOOOO AAAANNNNGGGIIEEEE! Can you hear me now:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.