** DAMAGE CONTROL....MONDAY **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning....:)

Raise of hands...who hates Mondays?:rolleyes: I hate them when I have to work the day shift, its not so bad when I have to work the night shift!

Todays workout is gonna be 4DS chest and back 2x's again and cardio. Im hoping to do the weight work with DS hanging out and when DH comes home for lunch,I should be able to hop on the TM.

Also...going to start cutting down on the sugar in preperation for my FL trip:eek:I figure with less sugar and more ab work ....good things could happen;)

I will bbl! Just enjoying my coffee while my house is still quiet!

Lori:)

Good Morning Lori and all who follow.

Lori: Enjoy that quiet coffee time. I didn't get any of that this morning since DS got up before my coffee was even ready. :confused:

Today is Burn Circuit and Ab Burner. I will do them after work. I'm going to my mom's for dinner tonight with DS since she will be busy on Thursday and I'll need to be home preparing for vacation anyway!

Gotta go or I'm gonna make Joey late for school!:eek:

Raising hands on despising Mondays!!!

Never made it back to the boards Sat ... did make the run w/Sean .. AND took the babies for a run .. They finished me off good!! :p Yesterday .. SIL and I did DISC 9!! :eek: OK .. so it was over quicker than we expected .. NOT as hard as disc 6 .. but I knew I would be sore!! BUT OMG :confused: I did not expect to be THIS SORE. Each disc has made me sore in different places .. w/6 it was the hamstrings and inner thigh .. w/9 it is the BUTTOCKS .. the entire buttocks .. escpecially where the butt meets the hammies!! It is the hurts to sit .. stand .. walk .. move ...sore!! :confused::eek:

So I am thinking errands at lunch .. no workout!! Then I will have to come up w/something doable for class that I dont look like a total moron doing!! :confused:

Lori ... dont see how you run outdoors when you have snow and cold temps .. I always feel like my lungs are freezing!! LOL Have fun w/4 DS!!!

Wendy .. glad you had a fun weekend!! and the great skirt search is over .. WOOOHOOOO!!! VBF kidnapped me Sat afternoon and we went shopping .. man did I ever spend some money ... but all necessaties .. so cant fuss too much!!

Di .. dont remember being too sore from disc 3 .. it is that 6 one that killed me!!! but you lift so heavy the legs STS may not make you too sore. I pride myself on being tuff on the legs .. BUT OMG .. STS is kicking my arse!!! the one legged dead lifts did me in on disc 9 .. man were my legs shaking!! MY friend in FL is one week ahead of me and she warned me the last week is THE hardest ever .. can see why we need a weeks rest .. :confused: ok . I am REALLY scared now!

Jacque .. sorry about the inner thigh strain .. STS legs are really tough on the hammies and inner thighs .. so be carefull!!

OK .. better run .. ugh .. MONDAYS :confused: .. I do NOT like Mondays!:( have a great one!:D

Hi ladies,

Monday's are not my favorite either. I did not work out at all this weekend and ate too much junk. Mostly tortilla chips and homemade queso!!! It was delicious but I felt terrible afterward. I feel so much better when I eat better.

The weekend seemed to fly by with having Jerod's party and a sleepover. DH went downstairs to settle the kids down about 1:30am. Needless to say neither one of us got much sleep. I was so groggy all day Sunday that I never worked out. I hate that feeling.

This morning was Disc 4, Chest, Shoulder and Biceps. My arms were shaking on the pushups at the end. I definitely need to start these workouts earlier as they tend to take longer than the disc says. I'm sure its due to pausing to set up equipment for the next exercise and listen to Cathe explain it. I'm sure it will go much faster once I'm familiar with each exercise. I also notice the huge imbalance between my right and left arms. I never did get any leg DOMs from the disc 3. I'm surprised because my glutes were on fire with the leg lifts and the end!

Lori-Your workout for today sounds great. Sometimes I feel like work gets in the way of my workouts. I'm sure you know what I mean!

Wendy-Hope you got Joey to school on time;) Enjoy your workout today. Are you going away for a long weekend?? Where are you going to?

Laura-It's nice to get a preview from you of what's to come. I'm getting better with the pushups each week. Tonight is bootcamp class and she always throws pushups in there too. I really struggle with tricep pushups and end up doing them on my knees so I can get full range of motion. If I to them on my toes they are really shallow. Do you have any helpful hints for tricep pushups? I feel like my triceps are strong until I have to do tricep pushups-then the weakling in me appears!

Jacque-sorry you have been feeling your best lately. I never did get doms from disc 3. That doesn't mean that I didn't work my legs though. I'm considering throwing in another leg workout each week since that is my trouble zone. I'm looking forward to lowmax tomorrow.

bbl

Hey Girls.

Unscheduled rest day for me today. TTOM appeared and I ended up feeling pretty crappy this morning and right after work so I decided not to work out today. I'm feeling better now so I'm still heading to mom's for dinner. I'll pick up tmrw with Burn Intervals and Ab Burner. No biggie if the rotation runs a day behind this week.

Diana: DH and I are going to Vegas for a week!!!!:D We leave Saturday. DS is staying with my MIL and SIL. Sorry about the crappy eating. I know all about it and how it makes ya feel afterwards. Get in some healthy eats and a few good work outs and you'll be better in no time!

Laura: OMG you MUST be sore if you are skipping your lunch time work out! AWESOME! ;)

Well, better get a move on.

See you in the morning chicas!:)

Another not in favor of Mondays ! :(

I am making some Clean Max progress at work though. Can't believe I have been so horrible with my filing ! Put about 25 boxes from asst in the archives on Friday and got another filing cabinet so I have space now. Hard to preach good housekeeping when you are messy yourself ! ;)

I have mildly sore lower buns and still a bit sore on the inner thigh. At least I can feel it where it need a "facelift" LOL !

Woke early at 4:30 but that was too early to workout so figured I'd be done with an AM workout only to fall asleep and wake at 6. Didn't leave enough time so will hit the weights when I get home.

Lori - how much longer on the double weight work for your rotation? Do you do cardio every day? Hope you get your run in on the TM at DH's lunch time.

Wendy - great job on the shopping and having fun this weekend ! I have learned if I have more than 1 glass of wine I take an inbuprofen and a large glass of water before I go to bed. Hate those hangover headaches. Nothing seems to make them go away for me - but at least I don't feel bad enough to skip workouts either. Have fun at Mom's tonight !

Laura - maybe I'm a bit 'sick', but it is good to hear the leg workouts get harder and cause more DOMS as they go along. I packed on a few pounds around the thighs and need the muscle definition ! I felt like 3 was a great workout - was dog tired and had the burns too - but not much soreness. Just enough to feel it going up and down the stairs ! Woo Hoo !:p

Will be interested to see how class goes tonight . . . hope you can find something that will work for you - probably a good long warmup and stretch first ! ;)

Diana - Was not sure about not being sore after legs, but glad to hear it was most likely not the way I was doing the exercises. Are you planning on repeating them or just doing the 3 1/2 month rotation? I have been using my HRM since I started STS and am taking just over an hour per disc. Think it's is set up for me - in addition to a few times where I am just too winded to do the next exercise and put my all into it without a longer break. Can't believe I burned over 600 cals yesterday though. I knew I was tired - heck it was like a cardio workout for me.

And just to let you know, my lunch yesterday - just after legs - was refried beans w/salsa and a piece of pepper jack cheese all melted and warm in which I dipped tortilla chips ! :p Yummy ! It helped though that I was feeding my dog a piece of chip for every one I ate - left less for me. Not quite sure how great it was for her though ! ;) I have such an easier time during the week when I am at work - no temptations for me.

Have a great day ladies - I'll probably pop back in to report my workout later.

Hey Girls!:)

I felt like I was working out all day today:confused: I ended up doing GS and 4DS chest, then got everyones lunch, thinking that I could run while DH was eating his....DS saw me climb on to the TM and he started to cry. Instead, I did CM#2...then I put a new movie on for DS and he let me do Hardcore Extreme #3! Of course, he interupted me a few times b/c he use to try and sit on my step:rolleyes: but for the most part it was o.k! So I put on my workout clothes at 10:30 and took them off at 3:eek:

Wendy** Enjoy your rest day. How was your weekend with your friends?

Laura** I don't run when its super cold, it as to be somewhat sensible outside:eek: Im not that crazy!;) I can't wait for STS to come this week.Im looking forward to be soring in different places:)

Diana** Ugh...sleepovers! I can't even tell you how many DD's has had! She doesn't ever have a normal party anymore. I think this year it will be lowkey though. I will tell her that I will give her more money towards Fl or something like that! Whatever it takes not to have a bunch of preteen girls in my house:)

Jacque** I was just following one of the weeks in FF rotation but I changed it up after. I usually get cardio in every day. Im not as bad as I use to be b/c if I didn't do an hour, I felt like I was wasting my time.NOw i am happy with 30 mins or so.

I should go and do some work I suppose. My coworker just did up a mock schedule and I could throw up just looking at it!

BBL!
Lori:)

Just reporting that if next weeks legs make me even more sore than I am now I am gonna need a wheelchair!!!! :eek::confused: OH MY GOODNESS it is worse than it was this morning .. I am gonna look like a SPAZ in my class .. the only thing I think I am capable of is cardio .. core work ..??? ... maybe once I get to moving it will be better .. I know sitting at this desk is NOT FUN or cool in anyway ... it is just plan out CRUEL to my poor sore backside!!!

The thought of bending over to do a hamstring glute stretch is frightening to me :confused::confused::confused: oh well .. just popped some more excedrine and gonna suck it up and move on!! LOL

Jacque .. yah you are one sick puppy .. I dont wish these DOMS on anyone .. LOL!!!! :p It may just be me ... but STS legs are killing me .. and like I said in a different way that my usual soreness .. so its gotta mean I need it. Wait till disc 6 :confused: there is no telling how many calories you will burn in it .. the STS legs IS a cardio workout IMHO .. I know my heart and blood is pumping uber hard for sure!!!

OK ..
bout made a day .. now I get to face the music and make thesesore legs and butt MOVE IT.. we can do it .. we can do it!!! :p

LOL Laura ! A wheelchair, huh? :p

Done with #4, Chest, Bi's & Shoulders. Went a bit heavier on a few exercises and, YES, did almost all the pushups on my toes ! Woo Hoo ! I cheated a little on the first 50, took an extra 1/2 minute between the 12 & 10 as I was tired after 26. I can't do the BootCamp ones cuz my shoulders don't work that way, and did the staggered on my knees since I had to find a position I could do, but I did waaaayyyy more than last week so I am happy happy happy !
4_1_108.gif

Also, HRM showed over 500 cals tonight. Those push ups really get my HR up there.

So looking forward to Low Max tomorrow - got a twinge in my back now ! Feel like the ever lasting whiner. Thinking someone forgot to tell me that I'm not supposed to workout after 51 or something. Seems like nearly every day something hurts right now? :confused: Didn't stop me today though. Will ice and pop the naproxen and hope it feels better by back day on Wed ! :eek:

Nighty Night ladies ! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.