** DAMAGE CONTROL....MONDAY**

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I was off allll weekend and you would think i would have gotten tons of shut eye...nope...not the case:eek: Last night I went to bed at 10:45 (nice and early, right?) Guess who is awake from 3-4:30! And I had already made plans with a friend to go for a run at 6:00! So Im sitting here....chugging my coffee!!!!

DS was really tired last night so DH decided to put him to bed around 6:30, I knew what was going to happen but it was pointless to tell him.Isn't it pointless to tell a man anything?? They know it all anyway:mad: So sure as theres *hit in a dead cat....out he comes 3 a.m and he tossed and turned...and tossed and turned!

I am suppose to get together with the girls tonight and hop in the hot tub. I was looking forward to it until I realized that I have to go back to work tonight @ 10:30. I guess I will get to have alittle sleep in tomorrow morning!:D Of course, unless someone puts a baby to bed at supper time:rolleyes:

DD's show was really good yesterday. Her teacher puts off an awesome show and the costumes were out of this world! There was one group of small kids (probably 4 yrs old) and there was one little dark girl out of the bunch and she never moved once. She looked as if she was trying to fix the back of her dress and then there was another little girl who was going right to town and telling the other little girls what to do, it was priceless. When the dance was over and all the girls left the stage, the little dark girl was still standing there...fixing somehting...they had to come and get her! I thought I was going to die laughing!

I will bbl, I will try and catch up on personals....although,my friend will be here in 15 mins....more coffee please!!

Lori:)

Wendy** So you almost made it to 10,000 steps:p Tut tut...you should have moved a little more;) Im serious...I would love to have one of those things, just to see how much DS makes me move! My mom always says "no wonder your so small" She comes for a visit and realizes how much he keeps me on my toes! If he needs anything he doesn't get his father...he comes and gets me!:confused:

Jacque** Ramolli is pure luck and I suck!:) Ive never own. We only play for nickels so not a big deal! I won one hand the other night and thats it! DD is in Jazz and Ballia ( I don't even know how to spell...its to early!) LOL She really enjoys it and wants to go again next year. She gets a nice long summer break now....enough time to get herself into trouble a few times!

I will bbl!

Lori::
If he needs anything he doesn't get his father...he comes and gets me!:confused:
I could have written this myself! My DS does the same thing. It makes me so mad! :confused: I try to tell him since he's older and should understand but I guess he ignores me. LOL OMG, this pedometer is really opening my eyes to how flippin' lazy I am if I'm not working out! I didn't do any extra stair climbing y'day after my work out to help boost my step count cause I didn't think I'd need it. Well, boy oh boy was I wrong! I was pacing my house at 10:00pm before bed just to get in my last 500 steps to make 10,000! :eek:

Jacque:: So did you buy any vids from Amazon?? Oh yeah I was sweating like crazy during y'day's work out but I was running etc so I expected it. NMTZ is strictly a weight work out so even though I will sweat, I never expected to be dripping and huffing/puffing the way that I was! I still have a few more new vids I need to try before I've done them all...

Today's work out will be (I think) upper body and core w/some cardio or not depending on what I feel like doing.

Guess that's all for now...

Have a great day!

Hey Girls!

I am at work now...waiting for my coffee to brew:) Then hopefully I will make a quick trip to the washroom:eek:

We did about 13k today. She was pretty good at keeping up with me to. I am impressed! I think she is one to start strong but then not have the energy near the end. She did great for 13 k though b/c thats the furthest she as ever ran. Near the end she was a couple of steps behind me but nothing to bad. I could have kept going, got my 2nd wind, but I needed to get home and get ready for work.

Wendy** DS and DH were watching his Shamu movie the other day (the seaworld show) He leaves his father, comes and gets me and takes me to wherever his Shamu bucket is:confused: I think it was outside so he lead me to the door way. Prehaps he comes to get me b/c I understand what he wants more then his father does? Thats the only thing I can figure out! Im sure he won't be impressed when he gets dropped off at the sitters today!

I can't find my co-worker. Normally I work with my boss but I don't see him either. The coffee was brewed b/c there was steam around the filter but I still wouldn't drink it. So I can't find anyone!

Good morning girls !

Jumping in for a quickie before work. Yesterday was a rest day and a reading day. I read Metabolic Advantage by John Berardi. Think I may change up my rotation and try something similar to his ideas. My nutrition is pretty close to his suggestions except for my carbs and it seems like I am not eating enough? He doesn't do the calorie count thing though. We will see.

Lori - great job on the run today. Nice that you found a running partner who is very close to you. Hope you find someone at work today so you don't end up doing everything ! :eek:

Wendy - good to hear you made your 10K steps yesterday. I may stroll around Kohl's today and then walk around the strip mall from there. Didn't order any vids as I really wanted to get a GWF. It is still a total of $260 w/display. Dang it that I didn't order last week at $210 ! Now I really need to double think this one. May go ahead and order the 3 Jillian's later if GWF still disappoints me here.

Today will be a total body or UB, not sure which.

Enjoy the day ! ! !

Hello Girls.

Well, I decided to do BL Boot Camp today. I wasn't going to because I wasn't sure about working legs 3 days in a row but it's all light weight endurance type stuff so IMO it goes along with the Freestyle concept. That being said, I decided to go for it! It was a fun work out that worked me hard! It was mostly weight training but there were some cardio segments in it and I really enjoyed them. I had a hard time with weight choices for some moves mostly because I wasn't sure what the rep count was going to be. For some things I went too heavy and others too light. A lot of it though I was right on target. No biggie. Now that I've done it once I'll have a better idea for next time. :)

Tomorrow I think I will take a rest day. I have only one more new dvd to try. I will do that wed or thurs. After that I think I will switch to a week of Slim Series. Yes, Diana's fave! :p LOL

I am still trying to decide what program I want to go with next. My newest thought was to do a 4 day split rotation. Like I needed to throw yet ANOTHER idea into the pot! :rolleyes: Every day I have a new idea. I really hate my exercise ADD some times! :confused: I have yet to touch the darned bells either! YIKES! Too many choices, too little time! :D

So I'm having a calorie dilemma here. I am not gaining weight but the loss is painfully slow so I am trying to decide what to do. I may actually up the cals a bit on days I work out and try to lower them a bit on rest days. I also thought about staggering but in a different way then I was doing before. I am thinking of maybe starting with my current calorie average of 1500 per day and raising it or lowering it every day by atleast 100 cals so that it's constantly changing to keep the body guessing which will hopefully rev up the metabolism! Any thoughts? No JEN...do NOT even THINK ABOUT telling me to buy a GWF!!!! :p:p:p:p

Lori:: I have news for you. It doesn't stop when they know how to talk. :p If he spends more of his time with you then DH then he will likely continue to come to you if you are in the house. Good luck breaking the trend! I can't!!! :eek:

Jacque:: I don't know what this book you read says to do as far as eating goes but if you do it and it's easy and it works then I might be buyin' the book! :D The body bugg which is the orignal unit that the GWF was fashioned after is on sale right now. You can get the arm band and a 6 month subscription to the program for $199.00. This doesn't include the display watch but folks who have the GWF or body bugg say the display watch really isn't necessary. You could just use your pedometer to count your steps and save lots of cash! :D The GWF armband is $179.00 right now but that does not include the subscription price! Something to consider especially because the body bugg subscription price is lower overall! HTH! :)

Well, it's 3:20 and I'm over 7000 steps which is more then I should need to make it too 10,000 by tonight. HA HA...famous last words....that's what I said y'day and still found myself pacing my house and marching in place to make the goal! LOL :p My husband and coworker think I've lost my mind with the pedometer thing. They laugh...not in a ridiculing way so I don't mind it. It's funny. I laugh too. :D

Okay, guess that's all for now but I'll pop back in later to see what's going on!

L8r girls!

Hola chiquitas!!

Very busy Monday today :confused: Glad that it's almost over. Just got back from a walk with the kids, about 2.5 miles, and took my 2.5 miler at lunch today, so I've surpassed the 10k steps goal. I also decided to do Jari's Ripped and Chiseled this morning before work. I was hoping to get back to Push this week, but I'm still in some pain and it's just not happenin'. I think I screwed myself up pretty good last week, and I can't risk making this worse with heavy weights. Jari gave me a pretty good workout this morning though without that risk.

Lori: I remember those days of trying to keep the kids awake until eight or so when they really wanted to go to sleep at six :rolleyes: They weren't fun. Did you manage to get a nap in today? Those toddlers in the dance recitals are always the hit of the show! They're so darn cute no matter what they do. So did you manage to round up a co-worker today?

Wendy: So have you thought of buying a G...oh, nevermind ;) Though you deserve that after all the taunting you do with your new vids :p I haven't caved yet, but they're on my mental wish list. They sound fun. How did you do on the step count today? I'm not sure I lost any weight this week, even though I had a deficit every day. It wasn't a 500 calorie deficit every day, but there was a deficit. It just seems like even though you do everything right, the weight loss just doesn't always comply with the math. It's frustrating. I guess this is a marathon rather than a sprint.

Jacque: Hopefully the GWF will go on sale again soon. I've seen it as "cheap" as $144. It's definitely true that you do not need the display. It's a fun little gadget and can provide motivation, but it can kind of be a haunt, too, if you know what I mean.

Time for jammies, but may bbl before bed. Toodles~

Jen

Back to report I created a new rotation and have finished L & G with an added 15 min walk since my steps prior to my workout were only @ 5,500. I am now at 7,000 so figure I will be short by the end of the night, but didn't start wearing it until I headed for work. Think my workout should count for a few also. ;)

Wendy - the book is really nothing different than we have all heard before. Veggies (or 1 - 2 fruits per day), protein & fat with each of your 5 meals every 2 - 3 hours apart. Carbs after workouts only, keeping to good carbs (of the non-veggie/fruit variety) like oatmeal, quinoa, etc. Workouts = 3 wts (LB, UB, TB) and 3 cardio (25 - 30 min HIIT's, easy-med-hard each week). Just more or less a reminder for me. There are recipes and meal plans and it has lists of the best and the OK foods for the different macros. If you don't have many of these types of books, it is OK, but I prefer a couple of my others more.

Thanks for the info on the GWF. I had heard many say they like the GWF better than the BodyBugg. So if you don't get the display, can you download a couple times a day or are you limited to once per day? Haven't run across that info yet.

I may just pop the old HRM on for a few days and see how it goes. Maybe I'll post to see if anyone has compared the two and see how close they come? I am with you on the staggering cals - ended up going all over after following a post on the OD and it was all about staggering strategically. Between those articles and the book I am not remember which is which, but may go back and order one of the books I read about after a little more research.

And lastly, so you liked BL BC? I was thinking about that one too, but am not sure how good Bob is compared to Jillian. Your thoughts please ? :p

I must say though, the ones who laugh at us that keep track of our health are the ones who many times need it themselves but are laughing only because they don't have the willpower we do? Or because they know eventually we will move on to something else? Unfortunately what worked before doesnt' work now or I wouldn't be messing with changes anyway ! :confused:

Jen - well you did a great job with workouts today. I know I had quite a sore core a couple times with STS and we weren't even working core ! :eek: Lifting heavy can really mess with the core so it is good to hear you will be taking it easy ! I think eventually even the small deficits will show, does your scale go by 1/2 lbs, lbs or by the tenths? For me a small deficit will only show after an additional small deficit as mine registers in 1/2 lbs.

I do hope the GWF goes down - would like to have the display. Can you answer either of the ????'s I posted above under Wendy? Hope tomorrow goes a bit better for you at work.

Diana, Laura . . . hope all is well with you two !
Nighty night from the West as the sun sets . . . :cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.